Big Pineapple Backpackers Bali Reviews

Jalan Tirta Ening Gang Blue Dive, Sanur, Indonesia

Well located and only a ten minute walk to the beach. Room doors didn't lock but there were lockers in the room. A basic backpackers hostel but for through price is great. Free drinking water was nice. Good social area.

Only stayed 2 nights. If tthre was more to do and see around sanur i d propably stayed longer. Clean hostel with nice atmosphere. If staying in sanur i d recommend it!

Hi Niels,well really there is a lot to do in Sanur,but Sanur is like everywhere in Bali,you have to spend money to do things.The list of things you can do in Sanur is too long to mention all,but all the water sports are here,kite surfing also,some nice Bars,lots of Restaurants,good shopping,tons of Tours,even if you stay in Kuta I'm sure the only free thing you can do is walk around or go to the beach.Enjoy the rest of your Hols Mia.PS thanks for coming back.!

Had a great time at big pineapple. Great first port of call on Bali :)

Hi Hooly thanks for taking time to put a review,it was nice to see you return.Regards Mia

Really enjoyed my stay here. All others who were staying here were so friendly, and Mia was very helpful with booking tours and cabs to the airport.

Hi Francesca,thanks for the review,I also enjoyed your company,hope to see u again Regards Mia

Really great place to meet other people. Not far away from the beach. Some shops and cheap place to eat near by as well as laundry. Had a great time staying there. Staff is really friendly and helpful. Only the wifi was a bit annoying - slow at most times. Had to sort out stuff if you need to.

• 21st May 2014

Hi Katharina,thanks foR the great review,ya the WiFi its a problem in Bali,we pay $150 a month for the best connection available and even tried putting individual passwords but we realise its still not fantastic and thats just Bali,if we could find another provider we would but there are only worse options.Enjoy the rest of your Hols it was nice having you here.Regards Mia

It was a great experience. I was traveling on my own and met lots of other people (this hostel seems to attract wonderful individuals). It's a good location, and I appreciated all the helpful advice provided by Mia - who is an amazing soul! If you stay here, it's more than just a place to sleep, it has a really good backpacking community.

Hi Isabela,thanks you for your review and kind words.Enjoy the rest of your holidays.Mia

No real security except for small lockers. No locks on the doors or anything so anyone could walk in. Atmosphere was awesome, lively place with nice people. Awesome movie/tv area with lots of choices. Pool is nice and clean, and you can watch tv from the pool. Has a kitchen which was rare. Got a great deal on a boat to gili t. Don't book till you're there! Sanur doesn't offer too much but this is a great place if you're there!

• 15th May 2014

Hi Hayley,thanks for the review.Actually we do have a security guard of a night,he was on annual leave but is back now.We also have CCTV recording 24/7.Actually only last week a guest complained they lost money,we looked on the CCTV and found another guest had taken his money.mmmmm.Only a few of our lockers are school size lockers the rest are huge.Bring your own padlock.Enjoy the rest of your trip Mia

10-15 minute walk to the beach. Lots of stores, spas, and restaurants between the hostel and the beach, including some pharmacies and a doctor's office. The pool is awesome. Huge TV connected to a hard drive with 100's of movies. Fully stocked kitchen. Free drinking water. No AC but there are lots of fans in the rooms to combat the heat.

Hi Maeve,thank you for the top review,enjoy the rest of your hols.Regards Mia

This is a real backpackers and you can meet great people here.I had the best time at Pineapple and everyone was awesome.If you want to meet people this must be the best place.Big dorms and a pool.You can even cook your own food.Couldnt fault it in any way.Coming back after Gili's.:)

• 9th May 2014

Hi Alfred,Thanks for the top review,you were such a respectful guest,see you next week after Gili T.Enjoy Mia

Super awesome spot, even know its in a quite spot in bali, still great hostel to stay! Highly recommend! Definitely will go back there!

Hi Marcio,Thanks a lot for the great review,you were such a great guest and we loved that you stayed with us.Enjoy the rest of your travels Regards Mia

Hostel is very ncie and cheap, great location just a couple of meters from the the beach side, has a kitchen with oven and fridge where you can easily cook or place your food in the fridge. Nice but small pool, nice to relax and to socialize with other people from the hostel. Just one negative point, the showers have 2 different hoses one that it comes cold and the other is really hot, so its hard to use both and dont get burnt from the hot water cause they never actually mix together.

• 1st May 2014
  • Portugal

Booked two nights, stayed six. Love the pool and the common areas are great as well. Sanur is very quiet at night but a quick 5km to Kuta for a night out is really affordable in a quick cab. Mia is also very helpful when she is around. cheap food very close and only a 15 min walk to the beach. Big Pineapple is a good price for what you get.

Hi Stephen,thanks for the review,you were a great guest and we loved having you here.Regards Mia

Wifi is limited to 5 hours per day per guest. So you have to repeatedly login-logout to keep your remaining time. You will get cold and hot showers, not warm. Yes, there are TWO separate showers located within 20cm from each other. Staff may be "will back soon" for more than two hours. I saw a girl waiting for the owner for two hours. She just wanted to check-in. AC is working only in the evening and at night. Atmosphere is really good and you may meet many good people.

Hi Mikhail,our WiFi now has a password for every guest,thats so people don't start downloading and go out of the Hostel making the WiFi slow for everyone.We only do this for our guests so everyone can have a good connection.The 2 taps in the showers work very well,that is until someone changes the heat setting!.I work from 8am to 8pm by myself and I also need to eat or go shopping.Not many complain but sometimes we get a difficult guest.Enjoy your trip Mia

I stayed here twice and I met so many lovely people! Mia is doing a great job with organizing trips and taxis for you. The pool is nice too. Sanur was not my favorite place in Bali, but the hostel is one of the best I stayed in, just because of the people you meet.

Hi Jenny thanks for the review,you were a terrific guest Regards Mia

Really good hostel, very cosy and clean, the swimming pool is really nice and is close to the beach in Sanur (10min). I had a problem with bad bugs in my rooms but they solved the problem immediatly and I`ve been there for long so I can tell you that the place is clean

Hi Frederico,thanks for the great review,it was a real pleasure having you stay with us.Enjoy the rest of your Holidays Regards Mia

Positive reference I actually ended up staying 9 days here and I recommend this place to everyone.

• 21st Apr 2014
  • India

Hi Bedarshi,thanks for being a great guest,I hope we see u again some time.Regards Mia

Very nice place, close to the beach. The owners are very helpful and friendly.

Hi Noemi,thanks for the review,I hope we see you again soon.Regards Mia

Fantastic hostel! Had a great night's sleep every night and met some great people. Mia is awesome (she's the owner) and knows where all the great/cheap eats around are. There's a laundry next door which also sells cheapish beers late at night which is useful haha. Mia happily called a taxi for me who was a friend of hers and was very friendly to take me down to Nusa Dua. Hopefully I'll be staying there again in a few days :D

• 12th Apr 2014

Hi George,thanks for the great review,look forward to your return.Regards Mia

It is a great hostel, Mia is very helpful with everything. I absolutely recommend this place, you can even watch movies from the swimming pool, awesome! Just know that you are in Indonesia and if you leave some food on the table in the kitchen during night, it will be probably eaten by rats ;) It is bit annoying that you have to cross the highway everytime you want to go somewhere but I go used to it. However, the location was pretty good for me. I felt there like at home, really nice place.

Awesome place to stay, it clean, save and you meet cool people there. The place is 800m fare from the beach and it's not busy like kuta. A cap from sanur to kuta center cost ~7€. The Owner (Mia) is brillant and really helpfull, she helps to organize trips with a fair and good price. I really enjoyed my time ( 1 week) there.

• 25th Mar 2014

Hi Steffen,thanks for the great review,I'm glad u enjoyed yourself,it was a pleasure having u stay with us.Enjoy the rest of your trip.Regards Mia