Big Tree Lodge Methven Reviews

25 South Belt, Methven, New Zealand

Wouldn't recommend!

I loved this hostel. Best one I stayed in in NZ. Friendly, easy going, genuine staff and definitely made you feel at home. Asked me straight away if I was going to Mt Hutt and had the snow bus booked for me. Great to chat to other snowboarders too. Had free wifi, one of the few hostels in NZ that does! Great fire and TV area. And the electric blankets were a dream for the cold winter! Wish I could have stayed longer, a highlight for my trip :-)

Such a great place to stay. Atmosphere was so nice, everything was handled very well and great hospitality. The vibe was chilled out and comfortable, great for young people. I'd definetly recommend it to anyone and we'd definetly stay there again. Loved it!

• 19th Jun 2014

Great place with very helpful owner, Lee. Super comfy beds and nice relaxed atmosphere! The perfect welcome to Methven and the winter season.

Great cozy hostel! Would definitely stay here again. The kitchen was were good and the tv room was awesome.