Big Yellow House Reviews

Lokunje 1, Novalja, Pag Island, Novalja, Croatia

Great location and security.. Bathrooms were not at all clean and very few in relation to the number of guests.. Bar pretty cool with cheap drinks and a good atmosphere

we were just out of season (by 2 days) and the place was nearly empty and the atmosphere was lacking. staff seemed a bit tired from guests

Perfect situation, great service, kind people, clean and confortable rooms... If you wanna spent a really good time in Novalja, this is your hostel!

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Spain

Make it more clear to prospective guests that it is a partyparty Hostel and correspondingly dirty and loud

sounds to me like someone forgot to do their research before booking into our "party hostel". Located in Novalja (the Croatian Ibiza) you would expect to have a few party people staying with you. during the summer months, when the clubs on Zrce beach are still open Novalja is a party town. If you want some peace and quiet you can come here after mid September when the clubs shut and the town transforms into a tranquil seaside retreat.

amazing to meet people

Staff were extremely helpful, lost wallet and two shirts, guys helped me find them and sent my shirts to me in Ireland. Reception always there to help and the bar is always open. Would recommend

• 24th Jun 2015

The staff were a delight and the atmosphere was wonderful.

• 18th Jun 2015

Very good hostel, awesome location, definitely one of the best hostel I have ever been

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

My stay was unique, as I was the only person (other than the staff) that was staying here since the season was basically over. But I still really enjoyed my stay. The staff was really easy going and super friendly. The hostel is quirky and unique. The bar was closed but it was easy to see it would be a sweet spot to meet other travelers. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the ocean and the location is amazing. I'd definitely go back!

Everything was perfect. Rooms very clean, big kitchen, great atmosphere and there is a bar right in the hostel. It's very complete and you get good value of it.

YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE! The location of BYH is amazing, it's right beside the bus stop to Zrce beach, super markets, a small beach and restaurants. The BYH staff are amazing, so friendly, funny and incredibly helpful! We felt a part of their family immediately. Not to mention the facilities are amazing, the 24hour bar, a huge kitchen and wifi and the place is always spotless! Excellent value for money! We didn't want to leave! We loved every minute of our stay! love Aoife and Rachel frm Ireland!

• 29th Aug 2014

A strange hostel in a strange town - has a cool iguana - no complaints

Party place for party people. Cool but be aware that your neighbors will probably noisily come back at 7AM from one of the club...

Great hostel! Perfectly located

Good location but very expensive for an hostel

Atmosphere is great and the staff are very helpful/friendly. Prime location. Rooms don't have AC and the beds are rather creaky.

Just one night there and I had a real good time !! thanks again !

Fantastic friendly staff, 24hour bar, amazing view and a perfect location. Only negative is that the rooms are incredibly (sometimes unbearably) hot. But that's just the weather and there is the option to rent a fan so I'd highly recommend that. Overall I'd definitely stay here again because I had an amazing week, the staff are brilliant and you couldn't get a more central place to stay

the hostel was good and in a excelent place

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Finland

It was a pretty average hostel overall for the price paid here.. There wasn't much of an atmosphere

• 27th Jun 2014