Bike Tainan Hostel Reviews

No. 249, Dawu St, North Di, Tainan, Taiwan

The hostel was okay and Kate the host mom was very helpful. For renting bikes I would recommend to install the light, since it can be very dangerous not having lights on the bikes installed. Inside the hostel it's cold, would have wished to have a small heater in the hostel.

It's a really nice hostel!! I felt like home.

Awesome hostel with an even better host. It's a casual 30 min walk from the station, in my opinion definitely worth it :)

Very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms and facilities are orderly. Nice location, within walking distance (1.5 miles) of the Tainan Train station. In a safe area of town.

Bike Tainan feels like a home away from home. Kate helps you plan your days in Tainan and gives great suggestions for your stay! She is very knowledgeable about the history and products of Tainan and can point you to specific locations for food and souvenirs! She also arranges individuals to travel in groups (by walking or biking) to nearby markets, restaurants, and tourist attractions. The hostel itself may be difficult to find but can be accessed by taxi, foot, or bike.

Very friendly staff, super helpful. Met lots of lovely person here. The location is a bit far away from station, if you have luggage with you, recommend you go with taxi. Dorm is big, wifi works wifi, wanna come again soon!!

The atmosphere is awesome and the beds are absolutely amazing!

Realy welcoming place! We arrived quite late but the hostes wanted us to join for dinner somewhere else with everybody from the hostel. Bit hectic but the food was awesome! realy enjoyed staying here. It takes some time by bike to get around tainan, it's somewhat large ;) but we had good weather so we took the time and enjoyed. Definitely a good spot for travellers!

Bike Tainan Hostel really is like a home away from home! Warm atmosphere, friendly tenants and an awesome owner who taught us a lot about Tainan, gave us travel tips and brought us to some great food! Would definitely stay here again.

• 2nd Jan 2016

God! What a service! She did laundry for us , didn t have to do anything , she made sure people weren t too noisy , and she s going to send me back the clothes i forgot at the hostel. I definitely recommend this place

Kate is a super nice girl! I arrived early and she allowed me to check in early. She then proceeded to teach me about Taiwan/Tainan history and cultures. She was very detailed and this history lesson made my trip so much much much more enjoyable! She lets you borrow her bikes for free and freely shares her knowledge and life stories. I had such an amazing time biking all around Tainan and understood what I saw because of Kate! I would definitely come back to Tainan and to Kate's place!

What a kind, gracious, and informative hostel keeper! I very much enjoyed my stay.

Thank you Kate for an awesome stay! You are the best host ever - many tips, brochures and two nice bikes =) I would recommend everyone to stay there. Maybe a bit far from the center but all in bike distance. If you have time go to the mudsprings near XinYing as well!

• 25th Dec 2015

Tainan was an amazing city and I was so glad staying at this hostel. The location was pretty good. Could find it easily from the main street. Not far from the most famous night market (Huayuan Night Market). And from the hostel, it was easy to visit almost all the interesting old temples. Super friendly owner recommended a lot of super nice food. I was so appreciated. The room was clean. The hostel also had a beautiful garden. By the way, owner could speak good English.Highly recommend.

Always a great stay at Bike Tainan. Clean and cozy. Chill vibes. Good price.

Fantastic hostel. Beds were comfy, entire building clean, lovely open air rooftop shower (I must have shower 5 times in the 3 days there). The host Kate was also great, offering advice on where to go/ what to do and getting everyone together to go out for dinner or go on day trips. The one downside was the quality of the bikes on offer for rent. Very rickety and a bit sketchy for my liking but for only £2 a day you can't complain!

very lovely hostel with a homely feel. host gave us loads of tips for where to go and how to do it! places are bikeable although a little bit far - all part of the adventure :) thanks

At the Bike Tainan Hostel I felt like at home. Kate was always available to give me some advice and help me if I had some issues. The atmosphere was really relaxed and comfortable and the hostel was really clean. I would definitely recommend it to other travelers who want to discover Tainan!

• 21st Nov 2015

The best hostel I've ever been. Super nice place, clean, staff was helpful and cheerful. Highly recommend Bike Tainan Hostel.

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Hong Kong

Good hostel with a very friendly and helpful owner. A bit far from the interesting places of the city, but still easily within biking distance. Nice balcony upstairs