Bike Tainan Hostel Reviews

No. 249, Dawu St, North Di, Tainan, Taiwan

The location is rather out of place. The owner is a passionate lady who briefs us on Tainan and suggests itineraries for us that suits our needs.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Kate is a excellent host. She introduces great places of tainan to us! And she is willing to share her experiences and feelings which makes the trip becomes fruitful. Thank you so much!

This was a fantastic hostel. Kate is such a fun person, and was the best host we've ever stayed with. She knows Tainan inside and out and is full of recommendations. If we get the chance to go back to Tainan, this is where we'll stay, without a doubt.

非常不错哦,姐姐人很好的,很贴心地教我们路线,房间很干净,整体感觉很温馨,骑自行车去每个地方挺方便的。

great hostel! it was clean and fun. rent a bike for the day and ride around the city, it's the best way to see the city. Kate is super fun to hand out with and she's always got great recommendations. this is the hostel to stay in for tainan!!

The owner Kate is the MOST hospitable hostel owner I have ever came across in all my travel destinations. She knows Tainan extremely well and recommended me so many things to do and eat, which even guide books won't list. She works hard to make every guest feel comfortable at the hostel and as a solo traveller this is something that I truly appreciate. The hostel itself is clean and the common room is inviting and very comfortable. There is also a very nice backyard and garden.

Really liked this place. Would stay again anytime!

Stayed here for a day longer than planned, because I didn't want to leave the people and I realised the place had too much to see! Kate is a great host, very helpful friendly and caring. Everything inside the hostel is very convenient, plenty of bathrooms and showers. Comfy lounge area to chat in at night, or have a meal! Location is great, can bicycle around Tainan easily.

Bike Tainan was sooooo warm!! All the equipment and service were very homey. I really love the place. And I do miss the night we spent together, chatting, laughing, and learning from each other. The experience is valuable. And I'm really happy that I met and got to know some new friends there.

All in all a good hostel. It is really far away from all the activities, but if you are an avid cyclist you will be able to rent some good bikes directly from the hostel. Hostel's staff and boss are really nice people, they will be happy to explain and guide you around tainan with a lot of passion. Well kept and has tons of shower facilities to go around. Cleanliness is top notched (and they can be really strict about it) =).

If I would rate this hostel from 1 to 10 I would have given it 12! Kate and May were more than helpful and it felt like a second home! This hostel is one of the reasons that I would come back to Tainan!

Very very VERY nice and funny host. Pretty cool roof terrace with outdoor showers and very pleasant garden. Feeling like home and family ! Thanks Kate ;-)

• 8th Feb 2014

Kate ( the owner) gave a very good introduction of the city, and good advice on how to plan the days there. She was very helpful, and she provided me with books that provided background to the historical sites that I saw. I was particularly grateful for that, as i was a first time solo traveller. It was indeed a heartwarming stay at Bike Tainan!

I loved my stay at Bike Tainan Hostel, Kate was not only welcoming but helpful. the hostel is not difficult to get to nor is it terribly far away, but it might be a good idea to ask the bus driver to help you out. (they don't always stop at every stop). Make sure to get a map from the tourist information area in the train station. It's possible to walk (or bike) to the hostel (less than 30 minutes). Anyway, well worth the visit. Thanks Kate.

A cute little hostel situated a little outside of the city centre, so that you have to take a cab to the most important sights if you don't want to be tired from walking before even having started sightseeing. Kate, the owner, is a lovely lady and takes care of her guests like a real host. It feels homy, not so much as a hostel but almost a homestay! We loved it anyway!

It feels like home, very comfortable! Kate, Ian and May are very nice , thx for the great time !!really enjoyed the dinner with you guys!!

The owner was delightful and the community feel of Bike Tainan made it one of a kind. Tainan has a rich history and the owner went out of her way to explain it all to us and recommend all of the best sights to see. She also cooked us a delicious Lunar New Year dinner! We love Bike Tainan!

This hostel is amazing and I'm so glad I stayed here! Kate (the owner) is wonderful and the hostel felt more like a home away from home. The hostel is just off a main road where there are plenty of restaurants, convenience stores and even a supermarket! Kate would give you advice on anything, especially on where to explore in Tainan (including useful maps!). I loved this hotel and would highly recommend it! Thanks again Kate for making my Tainan visit unforgettable!

• 26th Jan 2014

老闆姐姐不承認自己是金牛座的,但是明顯就是金牛,完美主義,隨性固執,哈哈,值得去住

The location of the hostel is a bit far away from the more touristy parts of Tainan, which can make it a little difficult to move around. Since Tainan does not have a convenient, regular bus schedule, you will have to bike or take a taxi everywhere. If you enjoy biking, Kate the proprietor is a wonderful and gracious host, full of knowledge, and offers very reasonable rates on bike rentals, free maps, recommendations on where to eat and what to see, and a bunch of other amenities.