Bilbao Akelarre Hostel Reviews

Calle Morgan 4-6, Bilbao, Spain

Akelarre hostel is a very familiar place managed by two very kind local girls. It's very clean and in order. Aside of the provided breakfast, you can store your own food in the common fridge. It's located by the river side and within 20 minutes walking from the city's downtown. I'd choose it again in the future.

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, it is very well located, the staff was very nice and helpfull. Definitelly recommended! If I come back to Bilbao I would choose it again.

Fantastic rooms and a really nice little kitchen. Breakfast was good and never crowded, bathrooms were very clean. Location is about 20 minutes walk from city center, but it feels safe and is very close to a metro stop. Excellent recommendations when I asked about getting to the beach! Thanks so much!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Highly recommend this lovely hostel

• 19th Oct 2015

Friendly and helpful staffs with nice break fast & bed !! The location is not center of the center but i would go again for sure!!!

• 30th Sep 2015
  • South Korea

The staff was friendly and helpful. I stayed in a six-bed room with a private bathroom, which was quite nice. The Deusto metro station is easily accessible, and San Mamés is also quite close. You can walk to the Guggenheim and to the funicular. My only complaint is that there is no stove or oven, but that is mentioned in the description. As long as you come prepared to eat out or cook in the microwave every night, you'll be fine. Akelarre is clean, comfortable, and a great value for the money.

• 27th Sep 2015

Nice little Hostel, just over the bridge but within walking distance of the main city. Great staff, very helpful and knowedgable. Not bad for budget visits.

Good hostel. Quiet and relaxed athmosphere. About a 20min walk from the centre/guggenheim. Very nice and helpful staff.

For me, the location was perfect, as it was only a 5 min walk from my arrival location. Other than that, it is a bit far off from the old town, but still, there are many good locations close by (i.e. supermarket, pubs). The atmosphere was a bit weird, not cosy, the people were not really talking with each other, but maybe, it was only the wrong day (after the big soccer match)

Staff was extremely friendly, rooms and beds are nice, lockers are big enough, but you need your own lock. Free breakfast included, location is near enough to center. You will find Lidl close to hostel to buy food. Traffic was quite loud becouse room mates kept window open and some room mates spoke aloud when I tried to sleep. Older man in room told we could go out together and I felt little incomfortable after it. Also he was in room almost all the time on evenings, so no privacy.

Hello Camomilla! another time, you can said and we move to another room!! you booked in a room for 6 people so the privacy is always better in our individual room! regards! Ainara