Bilbao Akelarre Hostel Reviews

Calle Morgan 4-6, Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain

Good hostel, but a bit secluded. When I told one of the staff members (A) I had a few questions for her, she said she was "too busy preparing other things"! I think she's just incredibly lazy. However, another staff member, Lara has great energy and will make your stay a pleasure. Ion must have been smoking the peace pipe! I slept in a wonderful bed, and had a good breakfast. Great hot, strong shower (ground floor w/c) - 3rd one! Lots of leftover gel and shampoo, 'I can't fly'. Nice touch! :-)

only stayed for one night. not too bad a place. location isn't the greatest but the metro is fairly close.

It is 5-6 mins walk from metro and tram station. That was the only downside of this hostel. Breakfast was good.

Thanksss! gracias majo!

We stayed in Akelarre Hostel for 2 nights and it was very nive!! All the members of the staf were extremely helpful with all the information for tourism and they were very nice!! The hostel itself is clean and cosy and the atmosphere was lovely we got to meet other Erasmus students!! Also, the location is quite good if you wanna walk or take the metro!

• 6th Feb 2014

Thankssss! you are a very great group!! gracias majas!

As others have said, it's a little far out. It's a short enough walk to the Guggenheim, though, and the rest of things aren't too far. Everything's clean and works well, the breakfast is great. There was only one outlet with a 6 outlet power strip in a room for 12 (took another one from the common room at night), and the common room and kitchen close at night with reception. If I could rate the staff higher than excellent I would. Trouble with train tickets, night guy was beyond helpful.

Everything here was great. Super clean, helpful staff, lovely environment, I was really pleased with my stay. Although it is a little bit far from the town center. A lot of people complain about it being 'too far', but I thought the hostel was so nice, the walk was worth it. The only walking that has to be done is along a nice 5 minute trail leading from the hostel to a bus station which will take you anywhere in San Sebastián. The staff was very helpful in informing us how to use the bus system

• 31st Oct 2013

Thanksssssss! we are happy! gracias maja!