Bilbao Akelarre Hostel

Fabulous 1028 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1028 Total Reviews

14th Sep 2017

I was only there for the night but I got a great impression of the place. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They gave me directions to the Guggenheim and lent me an umbrella for the rain. The place was impeccably clean. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Thanks a lot!

• Austria, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2017
7.7

Very clean place, nice staff and fellow guests but a bit far from the center (takes about 35-40 minutes on foot) and the biggest problem for me was that there was no oven or stove to cook on, so bear that in mind when booking :) Apart from that: good place to stay!

Thanks!!!

• England, Male, 18-24
16th Aug 2017

A really lovely hostel with absolutely fantastic staff! I had to check out early when I left and I wasn't able to get my deposit back from them in person. However they were really helpful and actually gave me the money back onto my card after I left! Really great customer service

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
16th Aug 2017
7.4

Small hostel, sth. like 40 beds. Location indeed is not central, however the neighborhood (residential/local) felt safe to me 24/7. No stove in kitchen, just a microwave. Facilities clean, good water pressure in hot showers, strong wifi when near reception. Overall quiet-ish atmosphere, as dorms directly next to (tiny) common area. Staff was super lovely and even working overtime to check everyone in. Free breakfast was okay. 17€/night (25 on weekends) felt slightly (way) too much.

Thanks! we have 34 beds :-)!

• Netherlands, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2017
7.7

Good hostel if you just want to spend some time seeing sights in Bilbao

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
15th Jul 2017

It was a great experience for me as it was personally my first time in a hostel. Great environment, safe, good breakfast, location is a little far from major sights but close to good bars and food.

Thanks!!!!!!! gracias!!!!!!!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Jul 2017

The staff who work here are very accomodating and genuinely happy to help you with anything you need. Had a lovely experience here, would recommend and stay here again!

Thanks!!!!!!!! gracias majos!

23rd Jun 2017

Was ok, very cheap

• Argentina, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017

The staff was great! I arrived after the reception closed and they left a letter for me with all the instructions. The place is clean, rooms are spacious and have lockers.

• Belarus, Female, 25-30
15th Jun 2017

My second stay here and definitely not the last. Though it has some flaws (like I would like some more privacy in the showers, and there was something wrong with the door of my room this time), this place really has this homey feeling. The staff is great, lots of useful info about Bilbao and nearby places, nice common area.

×