Bilbao Akelarre Hostel Reviews

Calle Morgan 4-6, Bilbao, Spain

Staff was extremely friendly, rooms and beds are nice, lockers are big enough, but you need your own lock. Free breakfast included, location is near enough to center. You will find Lidl close to hostel to buy food. Traffic was quite loud becouse room mates kept window open and some room mates spoke aloud when I tried to sleep. Older man in room told we could go out together and I felt little incomfortable after it. Also he was in room almost all the time on evenings, so no privacy.

Hello Camomilla! another time, you can said and we move to another room!! you booked in a room for 6 people so the privacy is always better in our individual room! regards! Ainara

Pretty good place. A bit alway from things. Nice people and free breakfast.

We were really happy with this place. The staff was very helpfull and kind. They helped us to arrange our way back to Valencia and they told us where to go in Bilbao. There was not a real kitchen but you can improvise easily to make your own salads for example. Stayed there longer than we planned because you can take the metro and go to the beach as well from there. To make a long story short, great hostel!

• 22nd Jul 2015

The room I was in was hot, so we had to sleep with the window open, but since the hostel is next to a road it was very noisy and difficult to sleep. Apart from that and the fact that the ensuite bathroom flooded every time someone showered, the hostel was pretty good - all the facilities I needed and friendly staff.

Slim pickings in Bilbao, but this is the best, and still really good. Wi-Fi, kitchen, location okay, just walk, not bad, cool chicken & beer place around corner, neighborhood bars, short walk to metro, clean, kitchen, free breakfast. nice staff.

Only one area to plug in electronics...

Un hostal muy bueno, en buena zona y bien ubicado! Recomendable!

Everything was great. The hostel is so gorgeous, very cosy... Every thing you need, wifi, sofa, washing machine, ... the hostel is very close to the Guggenheim, the new football stadium, the city center... But the best, the staff. They were just amazing, so friendly and helpful... I would definitely come back girls!!!!!

• 20th Jun 2015

Bit of an odd crowd while I was there (lots of older people one night, than a school group the next night). I expect hostel crowds to be random and vary, but several reviews mentioned both older crowds and school groups, so I guess it is a common thing for this place. The hostel is out of the way, though it isnt too bad. Most of the stuff you´ll likely want to do are further east. Bilbao´s public transit is solid but you can´t get everywhere efficiently. The staff were extra friendly,

• 9th Jun 2015

Hello, thanks for your comment. However, sorry but we have some groups some days! It is a hostel :-)! but It is not a common thing! we can not choose traveller age! all people can use the hostel! we have more than 700 reviews and in Atmosphere" we have 84 % It is great!

I spent a night in the biggest room and it was fine! I thought it would be noisy but it was really quiet. The staff was spectacular, always helpful. I highlight the fact that it was very clean, the toilets and the rooms always smelt so good. There is a nice stroll along the riverside to the Guggenheim Museum.

There was one plug in strip in the room and the wifi only worked by reseption.

Thanks for your review. There are more than one plug, maybe someone take it. If someone need one, can ask in reception and we will give him. The wifi works in all the hostel and you have the password in the room. I dont know if you had a specific problem with your mobile phone, but you can ask always in reception. We hope to see you again! :)

A little bit out of sight & fun, with limited facilities.

Thanks for your review, we always try to improve. We are 20 min walking to the Guggenheim and 5 min to the metro. I remember you have to leave the hostel before breakfast time, so we gave you a picnic the day before. You could make also coffee and tea all day. The sheets and blankets are included in the price, we have lockers, laundry service, vending machine, tv room... So I dont understand what do you mean with limited facilites... :) Anyway thanks for coming.

Nice, quiet hostel just outside the centre of the city. Would recommend for those looking for a chilled out time in a lovely part of the world.

This was a really nice hostel. The only negative was that it was a pretty long walk to get anywhere. The closest landmark is the Guggenheim building that´s still a 16 minute walk and you need to take the metro (a few blocks away) to the old town or other areas. But for the price, it was a really good room, there was a good bathroom, and it was great to have the breakfast included.

The hostel was far from the city center and not that clean. A lot of dust everywhere. The bathroom wasn't that clean either. The breakfast was okay and the staff was nice.

Hello, thanks for your comment but for us the cleanliness is super important and we clean a lot every day. So we have in hostelworld: 86 per cent. It is very strange your comment....We are not in the city center but by Metro in 10 minutes or walking in 30 minutes. Regards.

I found it a very nice hostel to stay. The staff was very helpful and I was very well recommended about the best places to visit, eat pintxos,have a drink or listen to rock music. Breakfast was included and it surprised me because it was very complete (cornflakes, toasts, fruit, cupcakes, orange juice...) for the price of the night (16 euros). It is a few steps away from the city centre, within 15 minutes walk trough the riverside you are in the Guggenheim Museum. For sure, I will repeat.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Very comfortable stay and incredibly helpful friendly staff.

GREAT staff. Really enjoyed my stay

The Hostel is nice, but you have to walk a little bit to the city center. you have to know that there is a kitchen but no hotplate to cook. this is not in the descripton. it only says that there are breakfast (good one, with lot of different things), but you cannot cook there, there are only a microwave. the bathrooms were very good and clean, but hte rooms badly soundproofed, so in the evening and at night you can hear a lot from the neighboors. but the employee are really nice and can help.

• 2nd Apr 2015

Thanks for your comment!! and thanks for coming! however, you can check in facilities we do not have kitchen, but we have microwave with grill and fridge! we would like one kitchen but it is no possible! sorry! thanks again!