Billabong Backpackers Resort Reviews

381 Beaufort St, Northbridge, Perth, Australia

Very nice place close to the city with a good atmosphere. The staff was helpful and the wifi worked really well. I choose to stay some extra nights as I liked the place and Perth very much.

Great place to stay, staff and travellers were all cool. Has a nice common area inside and another outside by the pool. Easy to get into Northbridge, where the clubs and pubs are, and not to far from the main cbd either.

The hostel was in a good enough location and most of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The bedding wasn't the cleanest, a few stains here and there and the shower head was broken which caused it to squirt in all directions. The worst part was the rats running around outside beside the pool and picknick benches! Overall it was a convenient place for our stay.

• 17th Dec 2015

Billabong Backpackers was perfect for our 5 night stay in Perth. Staff were able to assist with activity bookings and gave us some really good ideas. The hostels vibe was fun. We met many others and hung out by the pool drinking and chatting. Facilities are pretty spot on here, especially the pool area which were always kept incredibly clean - not a leaf was found on the water. All in all, would definitely say this is the number 1 hostel to go to in Perth

Awesome breakfast and large rooms. Didnt like that it wasnt very social (maybe just a personal feeling). Also, toilets in the rooms were disgusting. But the overall service was great!:)

Hold events to help people mix/mingle. E.g. table quiz

• 30th Oct 2015

I asked for a refund within 2 hours of being here. Without any questions, they allowed me to go. Staff is great. It is a party hostel and not clean.

Just recently stayed at the hostel with my boyfriend, everything was fine despite reading some bad reviews! Don't have anything to fault really! Had a big room, comfy bed, it was clean, everything was easily accessible! 15 minute walk into town. Perth is pretty but not the livliest of places, glad I went but won't be returning :)

• 17th Sep 2015

Thanks for the nice comments about the hostel. Perth has a decent night life if you know where to look. If you want to experience one of the friendliest cities and see some of the most amazing scenery and tourist destinations in Australia, Perth and Western Australia are for you.

We have no idea why this place is rated so highly on websites - we booked based on previous reviews & were sorely disappointed. Staff were rude and unhelpful, the wifi rarely worked, rooms were less than average and the whole place was covered in rules (where you can eat, when you can eat, what you can eat with, guests, noise, drinking, what happens if you're caught drinking when you're not "allowed", swimming, talking, checking in - the list goes on - we get it, there are rules). Don't stay!

• 14th Sep 2015

We have rules because we believe everyone deserves to have a great stay. Also the rules are their for the guests safety. Unfortunately some travelers are extremely rude and have no respect for staff or other guests staying at the hostel. If we didn't have rules the hostel would be full of drunken idiots fighting and disturbing the other guests. Please don't forget while enforcing these rule for the benefit of all the guests my staff are abused and threatened and still stay happy!

It was my first time staying at bilabong and for the price I payed I wasn't expecting much at all but I was pleasantly suprised with the accommodation ! Neat comfortable and very affordable they will be seeing me again !

• 15th Aug 2015
  • South Africa

Thanks for the great review. Come back soon!!!

Only stayed at this hostel for one night. The facilities were good and the dorms were nice and warm during the cold evenings. The hostel is around a 20 minute walk into the centre but there is also a bus. The staff were friendly and helpful. One things which we disliked was having to make our beds when we checked in at 01:00. I understand this is normal procedure but it's not very nice having to wake up your room mates.