Very Good 413 Total Reviews
Very Good 413 Total Reviews
Billabong Backpackers Resort Located at 381 Beaufort St, Northbridge, Perth.
Australia

• EmmaJane89
  • England, Female, 25-30
4th Nov 2016
3.7

Unfriendly staff, dirty linen and beds and cramped rooms.

Hi, I'd really like to get some more info. on your negative experience. As you only stayed with us for one night I'm not sure what unfriendly experiences you could have had that resulted in such a bad review. I've had a look to see which staff members checked you in and out and they usually get really good feedback. I know as their manager that they give great service so I'd love to know if there was something in particular that happened to upset you. re. dirty linen, these are laundered daily before all check ins and left folded freshly on the end of the bed. As we don't have assigned beds do you think it's possible you mistakenly choose a bed that had been slept in?

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Oct 2016
5.1

Actual dorm not bad, was kept clean during my stay. Ensuite bathroom in the four bed female dorm was the best part. Pool area was nice but not very social.. lots of tradies hanging around drinking all day. Staff extremely rude and unwelcoming which was very disappointing. Would not recommend staying here unless you are with a group of friends and have a car.

I'd really appreciate some specifics about what went wrong during your stay as I'm very surprised to hear you found our staff unfriendly. . This bucks the trend of our other reviews so I'm very interested to hear what happened so we can avoid a repeat.

16th Oct 2016

The hostel is nice. Great kitchen and clean lobby. Couple of downsides are Zero WiFi in rooms and both rooms I got stunk very bad. As if carpet had never been cleaned. Overall, good location, 10 min walk to downtown Perth. I recommend it.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Oct 2016

Great atmosphere, very clean and staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool look very clean and well maintained and this hostel is only walking distance to some great cafes and pubs. Would stay here again!

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
13th Oct 2016
7.7

As a big hostel it can be quite hard to meet new people here. There are many rules regarding security but I wonder if the staff would really notice non-guests slipping in to the dorms. Cleanliness wasn't great: our dorm was 'cleaned' but they left the empty pizza box next to the trash bin for 3 consecutive days and didn't vacuum (while it was obviously necessary) Plus: en suite dorms, not too small and beds are pretty good; the pool is great and Adam really makes an effort!

• England, Female, 18-24
5th Oct 2016

Great location easy access to city. Great facilities, very big light rooms. Definitely recommend it!

• albertoehenao
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
2nd Oct 2016
8.0

Awesome staff, nice location and good atmosphere. Building and rooms are a bit old and could be cleaner though.

• England, Female, 18-24
29th Sep 2016
6.6

I was only there one night. It felt a bit like a juvenile detention centre. The blinds in my room didn't go down. Bathroom was clean as only for the six in my dorm. Reception staff were friendly. Lots of drunk aussie teens running around. Was fine for a night but wouldn't recommend staying and didn't go back when I passed through Perth again.

• Zimbabwe, Male, 31-40
8th Sep 2016

Great atmosphere and location 👌🏾👌🏾👌🏾

• Australia, Male, 18-24
3rd Aug 2016
5.4

Pool facilities were not adequate in comparison to images provided.

Dear guest, As we discussed when you checked out early, this was your first time staying in a hostel and you found the shared rooms not to be to your liking. We gave you a free upgrade to a smaller room to try and assist however when you ultimately decided this wasn't for you we were happy to refund you with no penalty. Regarding the pool, you checked in mid August, at the height of Perth's Winter. The pool is pictured in Summer, where the weather is more conducive to swimming. Despite the cold weather we clean the pool twice daily, have it serviced by a professional contractor fortnightly and abide by strict council laws regarding water quality (believe me, they check regularly!). I'm pleased you recognised our staffs' efforts to assist you with a '10'. Kind regards and best of luck for your onward travels, Adam - Manager