Billabong Backpackers Resort

• alexsm
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017
8.0

I love this place! I live a couple hours south of Perth and always chose to stay at Billabongs when I come to the city. Free parking, free breakfast, pool. Staff have always been very helpful. Met some awesome people too. Why would you stay in a hotel 😀

• Germany, Female, 18-24
22nd Feb 2017
6.0

It's a party hostel. Everybody can walk in and out as they want, not really secured even at night. Bathrooms ( I stayed in 2 different rooms) are old and mostly kind of dirty ... not sure if the rooms are getting cleaned regularly. The free breakfast and the pool are great. I definitely won't come back...

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
21st Feb 2017

Such lovely place staff could not be more helpful an happy deep staying longer

• RomyVoigtlaender
  • Germany, Female, 18-24
29th Jan 2017

It's a very clean hostel with modern rooms and friendly stuff. Pool area is nice to sit in the evening as well as inside lounge. It's easy to get to from the main station as bus is stopping right in front of it.

• Netherlands, Female, 18-24
15th Nov 2016
5.7

Huge hostel, dated and not clean at all. WiFi didn't work very well either. Good place to meet people though, since there's literally hundreds of them.

• EmmaJane89
  • England, Female, 25-30
4th Nov 2016
3.7

Unfriendly staff, dirty linen and beds and cramped rooms.

Hi, I'd really like to get some more info. on your negative experience. As you only stayed with us for one night I'm not sure what unfriendly experiences you could have had that resulted in such a bad review. I've had a look to see which staff members checked you in and out and they usually get really good feedback. I know as their manager that they give great service so I'd love to know if there was something in particular that happened to upset you. re. dirty linen, these are laundered daily before all check ins and left folded freshly on the end of the bed. As we don't have assigned beds do you think it's possible you mistakenly choose a bed that had been slept in?

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th Oct 2016
5.1

Actual dorm not bad, was kept clean during my stay. Ensuite bathroom in the four bed female dorm was the best part. Pool area was nice but not very social.. lots of tradies hanging around drinking all day. Staff extremely rude and unwelcoming which was very disappointing. Would not recommend staying here unless you are with a group of friends and have a car.

I'd really appreciate some specifics about what went wrong during your stay as I'm very surprised to hear you found our staff unfriendly. . This bucks the trend of our other reviews so I'm very interested to hear what happened so we can avoid a repeat.

16th Oct 2016

The hostel is nice. Great kitchen and clean lobby. Couple of downsides are Zero WiFi in rooms and both rooms I got stunk very bad. As if carpet had never been cleaned. Overall, good location, 10 min walk to downtown Perth. I recommend it.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Oct 2016

Great atmosphere, very clean and staff were very friendly and helpful. Pool look very clean and well maintained and this hostel is only walking distance to some great cafes and pubs. Would stay here again!

• Netherlands, Female, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
13th Oct 2016
7.7

As a big hostel it can be quite hard to meet new people here. There are many rules regarding security but I wonder if the staff would really notice non-guests slipping in to the dorms. Cleanliness wasn't great: our dorm was 'cleaned' but they left the empty pizza box next to the trash bin for 3 consecutive days and didn't vacuum (while it was obviously necessary) Plus: en suite dorms, not too small and beds are pretty good; the pool is great and Adam really makes an effort!