Billabong Gardens Reviews

5-11 Egan Street, Newtown, Sydney, Australia

We had a small family room for me and my 2 sons (14 yo) and it was fine. Bathroom was small but clean and modern. On our first day the temp had been 42C & we struggled to sleep with only a ceiling fan. Second night no probs. Location close to King St is fantastic, and on Sun morning we had a fascinating wander through tiny streets close to the hostel. I also stayed 1 night in single room in the adjacent terrace, with a shared bathroom. I could hardly sleep b/c of strong disinfectant smell.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Rules, rules and more rules! Blood on the carpet in my room was off putting, the "pool" was out of action. Had to pay for wifi and it still didn't work. So many long term stayers killed the atmosphere, not for genuine backpackers...