Billabong Gardens Reviews

5-11 Egan Street, Newtown, Sydney, Australia

good location - newtown is a great little neighborhood in Sydney! the dryers DONT work , need to run at least twice.. i didnt really hang in the hostel too much so cant speak to the atmosphere -- seemed like a lot of longtermers tho -- id recommend for the location but the hostel overall was average

Good location for the trendy Newtown area. Forgot my towel and couldn't find one on king street so they gave me one! Internet is $2 for 1 GB, but is anywhere from quick (by aussie standards) to non functioning. Luckily there's a library with free wifi across the street. Overall, good value for the money.

I only stayed 3nights but I had a very pleasant experience. The hostel is located in the perfect location in Newtown, close to everything you need. The hostel also had an outdoor pool which is a bonus and a really comfortable TV/ Conputer room to hang out in. What impressed me most was the staff, the guy who was usually at reception was very helpful and took the time to learn my name (my name is difficult and most people avoid saying it haha) This hostel has a fun, layed back vibe.

This is really the best hostel ive stayed at so far, really great atmosphere and a beautiful place in the heart of Newtown, couldnt get better! Great price, swimmingpool and Tv/hang out room, charger points right by each bed side, and really cool ppl stayed there when i did. Best hostel experience, thanks! Will come back next time im down under :)

We had a small family room for me and my 2 sons (14 yo) and it was fine. Bathroom was small but clean and modern. On our first day the temp had been 42C & we struggled to sleep with only a ceiling fan. Second night no probs. Location close to King St is fantastic, and on Sun morning we had a fascinating wander through tiny streets close to the hostel. I also stayed 1 night in single room in the adjacent terrace, with a shared bathroom. I could hardly sleep b/c of strong disinfectant smell.

• 20th Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

Rules, rules and more rules! Blood on the carpet in my room was off putting, the "pool" was out of action. Had to pay for wifi and it still didn't work. So many long term stayers killed the atmosphere, not for genuine backpackers...