Billabong Gardens Reviews

5-11 Egan Street, Newtown, Sydney, Australia

When I arrived (at a Sunday night, 10 pm) the staff didn't showed me around. I didn't even knew about the tv-room until my last day (?!). A lot of youngsters in this hostel are long-stayers and working in and around Sydney. The group is quite big and are all friends, this can feel quite intimidating. They are a open and friendly group, but the synergy in this group is already set .. Staff probably though I was long stay as well? The staff is very nice and helpful though if you ask for help.

• 9th Nov 2014

I have had another enjoyable stay at the Billabong Gardens. Always welcomed and cared for very well. Thanks again.Rregards, Allen Hunt

• 3rd Nov 2014

'billabong gardens' website describes it as 'boutique style' but the photos of the 'private bathroom' rooms are EXTREMEMLY misleading. The photos depict bedside tables with lamps, french doors and romantic looking curtains and standard mirror. Infact the private bathroom option is actually one of the rooms shown that has bunks in it and has had one set of bunks removed and a double bed with a fancy bed head put in. Very misleading advertising which the managment blamed on Hostel worldwide.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Matt was the only friendly staff member. Other staff at the reception were quite rude, lazy and needed training in customer service skills. I know that it isn't 5 star quality but in any hospitality industry, customer service goes a long way. I also found there was a lack of communication and/or of organisation between staff members. I arranged late check-out on my day of arrival, however, this was not noted and we received a knock at the door asking why we hadn't checked out.