Billie's Backpackers Hostel Reviews

2895 Mack Blvd, Fairbanks, USA

funky-hippy place

• 1st Jul 2014

I stayed at the hostel for a night and loved it. Billie (the owner) is a very caring and a beautiful lady - she came across like a protective and a loving mother figure. The hostel's atmosphere was very nice, warm and friendly - feels like home. I highly recommend this place to all other budget travelers like myself.

thoroughly enjoyed our stay at billies she was very helpful and accomodating the hostel had a lovely feel about it met lovely people no lock out which was great would definately recommend billies.

This is what hosteling is all about. Meeting people from all walks of life regardless of age, education, income or background. I'm temped to start my own. Billie is a true house mother and host. Goes out of her way to help those staying at her house. Loved Fairbanks and the people there as well. I nominate this hostel as the best I've ever stayed.

Try staying in the Teepee or the glass house.

• 1st Aug 2013

A perfect stay, Billie is friendly and helpful, and the house is charming and not too big. The best (I want to say) and (possibly) cheapest place in the world to see the northern lights :):)

Very good atmosphere- like a home really. Friendly other guests. Nice dogs. Decent facilities. Good location close to bus routes to town centre but far enough away to see the aurora. Billie is accomodating and helpful.

a great place to stay in fairbank

Great little hostel. We arrived late at night, just called the owner (who is very nice and helpful) on the phone in the porch and she came right out and get us settled in. Its really more of a converted house than a purpose built hostel. Does what it says on the tin, would stay again.

Hi Hostelworld Team It was a great place to stay. Billie is a perfect host, you feel from the first minute you step in like home. There are staying very nice longterm-guest which given really good information too like Billie and her daughter does. Beautiful place and friendly other travellers. And also I met the oldest backpackers on the world - Bill and Sara from Sydney Australia. I will always go back when I'm in Fairbanks again.

• 11th Oct 2012
  • Switzerland

This is a very nice place. More than a hostel it feels like you are staying in your grandmother´s house. Billie´s really nice and all the people staying there are very friendly. The only problem is that there are only two bathrooms for twenty people, so you might have to wait for a while. Despite this, I reccommend this place.

I think the owner could use an accountant. She didn't even have a record of my reservation placed a week ago. Luckily there was still a bed. And I think the no talking rule inthe bedroom even in the daytime is kind of weird.

The no talking in the bed area, is to keep it quiet for people who arrive late at night. all of the beds are upstairs, the main dinning room, computers, sitting rooms, sun porch as well as many sitting areas outside are open all night long. and your more than welcome to stay and talk anytime for as long or loud as you wish..just not in the bed area. I had your reservation, I just thought I would ask you how long you were staying instead of looking it up in my book..(since you were standing right there in front of me, and my book was in another room) sorry if your stay was not a pleasant one..it certainly was not meant to be offending to you.

FAIR INTERNET AND LOCATION. Else are excellent, highly recommended.

• 14th Aug 2012
  • China

Billie's is a friendly sociable place to stay in Fairbanks.

We had a great time at Billie's. I strongly recommend to stay here!

Billie was very nice. Too many people for the space available. Came back after a day seeing AK only to find the guy who was camped out in the common area in the morning when I left and in my assigned bunk when I returned. Also amount paid was more than what was on reservation invoice. Only $9 but over the course of a year I am sure that Billie takes in a pretty penny for each person she over charges

• 7th Oct 2011

Billies Packpackers was a great place to stay, but it's nothing like what they tell you at the website. It's not a youth hostel, there are staying (and living!) a lot of older people. But they were nice and I had a good time. The hostel is far from downtown, but Fairbanks has a good bussystem though en busstops near the hostel

Billie is a very nice lady. Hostel is like a home. I met many countries of people here. It is a good location to wait for northern lights. Its location is good to go to downtown by bus, too.

Billie is very kind and sweet. I arrived late around 1 am, she had signs for me up stairs and a sign on my dorm bed. Very warm and cozy bed in a cold winter night. There are 2 internet connections, fast and easy to use. I meet Barry who gave me lots of advices about how to survive the cold weather. Very nice location, met lots of nice people. Nice clean kitchen and dining room. One the my BEST hostel experience in the WORLD, highly recommanded. Love to come back and stay here in the future, a home away

I have so fan!I have many friends!

« first « Prev 1 2 3