Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

Fantastic rooms and kitchen. Dining hall is only common area which does not yield many opportunities to socialize with guests. Otherwise great hostel.

good lovation, nice atmosphere. First choice in Stockholm.

Good Hostel, located near to the centrum. However, the bedrooms don't have lockers and the beds make a lot of noise when you move.

Really well located, nice living and private rooms. Everything was always clean

Do not stay here. Got my bags stolen from their secure luggage facility and when I asked what had happened to them they just said they couldnt see anything on the camera which is pointing at the entrance of the luggage room. Reception was very unhelpful. Also they never change the codes so past guests can come in whenever they want. If want cheap accomodation and free coffee and tea then stay here but keep your belongings on you at all times. Bathrooms werent always the cleanest aswell.

I loved the free coffee in the morning and the free nudles I could use for cooking because Stockholm is an expensive place. I stayed in a 14-bedroom place but the people were nice and I could sleep well (sleeping mask and earplugs come in handy though). The staff was very nice and I could check in already at 10am instead of the anounced 2pm.

• 19th Feb 2015

I came to the hostel late and left early so the reception was closed. I got good info how to deal with the keys. I'd stay happily again in this hostel.

Very impressed with this hostel, excellent value for money. The rooms were clean, we never had to queue for the shared showers or toilets and the kitchen has good facilities so were able to cook our own dinner at the hostel. The only problem we had is that there are no safes available at the hostel.

• 16th Feb 2015

It was nice and clean my bunk, had sheets ready on the bed once I got there, nice to give us pass code to get into the building after office closed, wifi worked well on first and main floor, and staff was helpful.

• 12th Feb 2015

The hostel was clean and tidy. I had a room with our own bathroom and it suited our needs. The only thing annoying me in the whole Scandinavia, is a lack of kettle in hostel rooms, what means, that I need to carry my own water heater to have my own tea in the room. The staff were nice, but they really do not know much about tourist attractions- they are just committed to the daily work in the hostel. Which is what they are paid for, but I like when someone can recommend me something.

Reception could do with being open later.

• 9th Feb 2015

i can definitly recomend this hostel, the bed was really causy and the staff very friendly. I liked it there.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

We weren't in the same room when we booked. We were finally put into the same room together after some stuff around and about 5 emails. The staff were friendly, but it appears the system the hostel uses to book beds is bad. Atmosphere was very quiet and boring. Beds squeak, but the rooms are clean and enough space to put your bags. (No lockers in our room - 6 bed dorm) The staff will do washing for 100SEK a load which was helpful! Good stay if you only want to sleep there.

rooms looked better than I expected (the female dorm at least), the beds weren't super comfortable but it was alright. The sheets were clean, the bathroom as well. However it is not a very "social" hostel as the kitchen is not super comfortable and not like a cool or chill spot to hang out really. But if that's not what youre looking for anyway, it is absolutely perfect. Also I really liked that you offered free pasta, coffee and tea. Pretty cheap for Stockholm also, will deffo come back!

The hostel in brilliantly located near to the station, staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were a good size and the beds were comfortable. The free tea and coffee were a lovely touch. All round an excellent hostel.

I felt very safe here! The staff were very helpful and the rooms were set out well. Also a big shower with hooks and a curtain so your things don't get wet. Couldn't get any better location, right in the centre of everything you need. Only downside is the beds are quite squeaky, but that's expected for bunk beds. The price is still far to much, but cheap for Stockholm. Free tea and coffee was great as well! Would definitely recommend!

Nice and cheap hostel, I would definitely recomend it, but wifi at floor 3 was very poor.

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

I would only choose this hostel again because of the location. Otherwise definitely not again. The beds are sooo loud and the shared bathroom was the ugliest i've ever seen.. hair everywhere and it smelled as if someone just smoked in there. The girl at the reception was not friendly at all and when i wanted to pay for the brkfst in the morning she totally ignored me while she was at the phone for about 20mins. (I came back several times with the same intention) well...choose wisely.....

The opening hours of the reception are a bit short but during the time they are there they are friendly and helpful. Late checkin is possible anytime.

Very nice hostel. Would definitely recommend staying here while you are in Stockholm.

« first « Prev 1 2 3