Birka Hostel

Very Good 1722 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
18th Aug 2017
5.4

This is not an ideal hostel if you want to meet people as there are not really any common areas. One shower on each floor meant you had to time your shower just right if you wanted to avoid big cues. No luggage storage available in rooms which was also quite painful. It is in a great location close to central station but that's about all it has going for it.

13th Aug 2017

A good hostel close to Hotogret Subway station.

• Austria, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Aug 2017

really good location! we stayed in Stockholm for 6 days and only took the tram/subway twice. rooms were fine and staff was always friendly :)

9th Aug 2017

The staff was really kind and helpful. The room was small for 14 people, and there was only one shower and per floor for many rooms, during the rush time there was a queue.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 31-40
5th Aug 2017

A nice hostel with helpful staff and one of the cleanest kitchens I have seen in a hostel.

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Aug 2017
8.0

I only stayed there three nights and it was fine. I was in the 14 bed room and it was cramped but good enough, I didnt spend that much time in the room anyway. My flight was delayed but luckily the friend I was meeting got there early, because she had to pay for my portion up front and check me in otherwise I woulndt have been allowed to sleep there since their front desk was closed by the time my flight got in.

• rgalerakis1199
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017
6.3

Fantastic location, right in the heart of he city. Easy to walk everywhere, didn't use public transport at all while I was there. Dorms are set out well. Two plugs and a shelf per bunk which is great. Ensuite was nice and clean. aplenty of other facilities on each level as well which is great. Staff are a little rude and seem like they're not interested in being there. Biggest downside, Wifi is terrible & towels, breakfast and printing are expensive extras.

3rd Aug 2017

Now my regular place in Stockholm, my third time staying, so it obviously works for me. Very, very friendly and helpful staff. Spacious bedrooms; very clean toileting and showers; good kitchen; central, but quiet location; good security. Not a party place.... family friendly etc. At the top end of my budget, that's Stockholm for you, but nontheless feels good value.

• Netherlands, All Female Group, 31-40
28th Jul 2017

Good location. We had a nice stay at Birka's hostel

• Austria, Female, 18-24
27th Jul 2017

I can 100% recommend the place! The cleanliness was amazing for the price! The location cannot be better! The staff helped with any misunderstandings or problems. Eventhough staying in a room with 8 girls, we managed great! Everything went smooth! Enjoy your stay here! :)