Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

Convenient location - great staff and awesome price.

• 26th May 2015

I came to Stockholm to participate in the Stockholms Internationella Seriefestival and Birka Hostel was definitely the best pick. A stone throw away from Drottningsgatan and Cityterminalen (from where there's a direct connection to Arlanda and Bromma), and the 8 bed dorm was clean and comfortable. There were some problems with the elevator but over all, Birka Hostel was worth every cent.

There is no real spirit in this hostel and it looks like a dorm hotel. There are no decoration and everything is white like in a hospital. The reception closes at 05.00 PM CET and this is a down point, as you are on your own after this.

Staff weren't particularly friendly and there is no real place to chill. And it's a hostel for everyone including kids.

Nice and clean hostel with a good location and large dining room. The internet connection was good in the dining room but almost absent in my room (3. floor) and I ran out of toilet paper in my toilet during my stay.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Estonia

The hostel was great! We stay in a 8 bed "Deluxe" female dorm. There was a full length mirror and 2 dressers. We had our own bathroom but there were two additional showers on the floor and also a separate WC. The receptionist was nice, she printed my boarding pass for me. The free pasta helps since Stockholm is a bit expensive so you can cook your own food. All in all, definitely a great hostel with an amazing location so I will recommend it.

• 17th Apr 2015

Excellent location ! The only problem was the only shower for the entire floor. But great place to stay overall

I loved the free tea and pasta, the breakfast was good and the kitchen area spacey. The location was PERFECT, and it's the cheapest one you can find from that area. I went to a concert nearby, and it was impossible to get lost on the way, as there was almost a direct tunnel between the hotel and the concert venue :D Only thing there is to complain is that the sheets weren't quite clean, the shower hadn't shelves to place shampoo etc., and the hallway smelled tobacco.

Hostel was in a great location only took about 10 mins walking to the main square or 15mins down to old stone. There was a supermarket right down the street and the whole place was really clean. There was a lack of bathrooms only 2 on a floor with about 4 rooms. Someone also stole our food from the fridge which was unfortunate.

Reception should be open 24/7

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Perfect location!!! Staff was just average,no smile on their faces(which i personally don't care) I would stay there again! It is right beside the hortoget station.

There were no lockers where to store ones valuables. Also, the breakfast was quite small, no vegetables or fruits.

Fantastic rooms and kitchen. Dining hall is only common area which does not yield many opportunities to socialize with guests. Otherwise great hostel.

A place in the fridge for the food that you would like to leave in the hostel for other visitors would be nice.

• 9th Mar 2015

good lovation, nice atmosphere. First choice in Stockholm.

Good Hostel, located near to the centrum. However, the bedrooms don't have lockers and the beds make a lot of noise when you move.

Really well located, nice living and private rooms. Everything was always clean

Do not stay here. Got my bags stolen from their secure luggage facility and when I asked what had happened to them they just said they couldnt see anything on the camera which is pointing at the entrance of the luggage room. Reception was very unhelpful. Also they never change the codes so past guests can come in whenever they want. If want cheap accomodation and free coffee and tea then stay here but keep your belongings on you at all times. Bathrooms werent always the cleanest aswell.

I loved the free coffee in the morning and the free nudles I could use for cooking because Stockholm is an expensive place. I stayed in a 14-bedroom place but the people were nice and I could sleep well (sleeping mask and earplugs come in handy though). The staff was very nice and I could check in already at 10am instead of the anounced 2pm.

• 19th Feb 2015

I came to the hostel late and left early so the reception was closed. I got good info how to deal with the keys. I'd stay happily again in this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3