Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

14 people is always a lot in a room. All the people staying were nice and social. The staff was friendly when I was checking in. Security seemed ok. In this room there were cubbies that you could put a lock on for you things. The room was small and a little cramped. There was only one bathroom and one shower for everyone. It was fine for 3 nights, but I think I could have found a much better value for the price.

• 17th Sep 2015

I don't understand how the reviews here are so positive. The staff was extremely rude, there was only ONE shower for a whole floor (12 rooms, 48 people!), the beds were worn out and of very poor quality and to top it all the cost of staying here was very high.

Great value for money. Walking distance from the train station. We stayed only one night and had no issues. The only thing is that there's few bathrooms/showers per floor and no individual lockers.

Very nice and clean hostel, great prices for budget travellers and, above all, perfect location - the only thing I could be picky about is that I had to change beds twice but I made my reservation pretty last minute so it's understandable (the upside is that I got a clean set of linen - which was included in the overall price - every single time I changed my bed). Will definitely come back if I'm in Stockholm again!

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Bedrooms are very small for how many beds but manageable. But beds are. Very large. Kitchen was excellent. Staff very nice and hostel was close to the city centre. One hour walk from museum island but is a beautiful walk along the bay. Good showers. Well worth a visit

I would like to be able to book a room in a monthly basis with a better price because I plan to work in Stockholm.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Greece

After staying in hostels from Israel and Eastern Europe to Scandinavia this was one of the least enjoyable places I've stayed. The staff was unresponsive to the lack of any lockers at all and the breakfast they served was disgusting. Burnt coffee, Cold hard boiled eggs, tasteless bread and deli meat. The hostel has no hangout space so it lacks any hostel vibe at all - the walls are paper thin so expect to hear the sounds of everybody coming and going not just in your room but in all the rooms.

If someone want to pay few money just and only to sleep, this is a "good" place. The staff is just in charge of making check-in and check-out, if you ask them about suggestions, they send you to a wall with post-its. I wouldn't say the staff is rude, they perform only check-in and check-out, zero interaction with clients. There is no atmosphere in this hostel either. And the place is well located, you can reach every place by walking.

Not a very social hostel but decent enough to spend a couple of nights. I did absolutely love the decorating work in the female dorm I stayed in :)

Nice and quiet, but seemed to be a lack of staff on hand to help.

The place is nice, quiet and well located. However after looking at my bed (private room) it was looking like if the bedsheets have not been changed (many hairs). I have informed the staff about the situation and they have quickly change everything.

I hv to check in after 9pm. They send me the code through phone and mail so that I can go in although the reception is close. Everything is smooth. :) I have stayed in intershostel, belman hostel and here in Stockholm. This is the best. Recommended. :)

Birka is a very nice hostel. It's clean and the location is very good.

Hostel generally ok. Major issue: the single rooms have no windows / natural light.

This was a pretty standard hostel, except the staff were really rude and our entire floor only had one toilet and one shower. Our room was small and cramped. The kitchen was good though and it was an easy walk to all the big places in Stockholm

Reception staff were miserable and not very welcoming.

Totally amazing. Wouldn't change a thing! It was clean, staff were the friendliest, nicest hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 18th Aug 2015

This hostel was in a great location, easy to walk to everything. The dorms are well decorated and good value I think. Shower and bathroom on each floor, if busy there are plenty more on the other floors. Kitchen is good, bit small and not many utensils but enough to get by. There's also the option of getting stuff washed, but I can't remember how much this cost. Enjoyed our stay here, would recommend to a friend definitely!

Great hostel in the centre of Stockholm. The romms were clean and quite big for a hostel ! We could use the kitchen as well, and the free coffee and tea was very welcomed by us :D Maybe a small negative point : too bad there were not any lockers in the rooms to put our lugagges and stuffs.

excellent location, centrally located , very helpful staff, the only issue was that the WiFi was not functioning in the rooms & could be accessed only from the central area, when told to the staff they said one need to go down to access it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4