Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

Excellent location ! The only problem was the only shower for the entire floor. But great place to stay overall

I loved the free tea and pasta, the breakfast was good and the kitchen area spacey. The location was PERFECT, and it's the cheapest one you can find from that area. I went to a concert nearby, and it was impossible to get lost on the way, as there was almost a direct tunnel between the hotel and the concert venue :D Only thing there is to complain is that the sheets weren't quite clean, the shower hadn't shelves to place shampoo etc., and the hallway smelled tobacco.

Hostel was in a great location only took about 10 mins walking to the main square or 15mins down to old stone. There was a supermarket right down the street and the whole place was really clean. There was a lack of bathrooms only 2 on a floor with about 4 rooms. Someone also stole our food from the fridge which was unfortunate.

Reception should be open 24/7

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Perfect location!!! Staff was just average,no smile on their faces(which i personally don't care) I would stay there again! It is right beside the hortoget station.

There were no lockers where to store ones valuables. Also, the breakfast was quite small, no vegetables or fruits.

Fantastic rooms and kitchen. Dining hall is only common area which does not yield many opportunities to socialize with guests. Otherwise great hostel.

A place in the fridge for the food that you would like to leave in the hostel for other visitors would be nice.

• 9th Mar 2015

good lovation, nice atmosphere. First choice in Stockholm.

Good Hostel, located near to the centrum. However, the bedrooms don't have lockers and the beds make a lot of noise when you move.

Really well located, nice living and private rooms. Everything was always clean

Do not stay here. Got my bags stolen from their secure luggage facility and when I asked what had happened to them they just said they couldnt see anything on the camera which is pointing at the entrance of the luggage room. Reception was very unhelpful. Also they never change the codes so past guests can come in whenever they want. If want cheap accomodation and free coffee and tea then stay here but keep your belongings on you at all times. Bathrooms werent always the cleanest aswell.

I loved the free coffee in the morning and the free nudles I could use for cooking because Stockholm is an expensive place. I stayed in a 14-bedroom place but the people were nice and I could sleep well (sleeping mask and earplugs come in handy though). The staff was very nice and I could check in already at 10am instead of the anounced 2pm.

• 19th Feb 2015

I came to the hostel late and left early so the reception was closed. I got good info how to deal with the keys. I'd stay happily again in this hostel.

Very impressed with this hostel, excellent value for money. The rooms were clean, we never had to queue for the shared showers or toilets and the kitchen has good facilities so were able to cook our own dinner at the hostel. The only problem we had is that there are no safes available at the hostel.

• 16th Feb 2015

It was nice and clean my bunk, had sheets ready on the bed once I got there, nice to give us pass code to get into the building after office closed, wifi worked well on first and main floor, and staff was helpful.

• 12th Feb 2015

The hostel was clean and tidy. I had a room with our own bathroom and it suited our needs. The only thing annoying me in the whole Scandinavia, is a lack of kettle in hostel rooms, what means, that I need to carry my own water heater to have my own tea in the room. The staff were nice, but they really do not know much about tourist attractions- they are just committed to the daily work in the hostel. Which is what they are paid for, but I like when someone can recommend me something.

Reception could do with being open later.

• 9th Feb 2015

i can definitly recomend this hostel, the bed was really causy and the staff very friendly. I liked it there.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Switzerland

We weren't in the same room when we booked. We were finally put into the same room together after some stuff around and about 5 emails. The staff were friendly, but it appears the system the hostel uses to book beds is bad. Atmosphere was very quiet and boring. Beds squeak, but the rooms are clean and enough space to put your bags. (No lockers in our room - 6 bed dorm) The staff will do washing for 100SEK a load which was helpful! Good stay if you only want to sleep there.

« first « Prev 1 2 3