Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

I enjoyed this hostel. Excellent beds, lots of outlets, good kitchen. Cons were that the internet is basically unusable outside of the ground floor, there was only one shower on our floor (it was a very nice shower but one was not nearly enough for a floor with 30+ people), and the common room is not great for socializing. Overall I did enjoy my stay there and would stay again.

Good decoration and environment, and in a good walkable distance of main interest points.

Problem with water evacuation in the showers But it is clean in the showers Matresses are so thin Kitchen is ok miss some tools, knife

• 19th Jan 2016

Free tea, coffee, and pasta were a plus.

It was great they had free pasta, coffee and tea. The rooms were cleaned daily but they need an extra fridge to accommodate all the guests food.

One of the receptionists was completely moodless - I could not say if her lip muscles were working or not. I was missing lockers to put my laptop while exploring the city. qnyway, free pasta and free coffee made my day. And also, price includes the linen.

The hostel is clean and in general fine. But there are no lockers in the dorm and the kitchen is too small for so many people.

late arrival at ard 23/00 worked out fine. free uncooked pasta so need to buy other stuff, but its better than none.

perfect value for money, in the heart of the commercial area of Stockholm (not far from the major tourist attractions)

This hostel absolutely wins the prize for least friendly staff on earth! Unbelievable, never saw a single one of them smile. Miserable sods. Anyway, there's no room in the only fridge and the coffee offered in the kitchen is possibly the most rancid thing on the planet. Quite a good location, quite clean. Expensive, but then everything in Sweden is.

Cancelled a reservation here more than 24 hours in advance over the phone and was told i was not going to be charged. I was 50m from the hostel. The hostel then authorized my card without even calling me at 9pm even though the cancelled arrival time was 2pm. Jäklar jobbige manniskör och luring. Staff was rude and obviously trying to fraudulently charge me monies not owed. This customer service was bad and i work in a hotel in Scandinavia. Dirty hostel, homeless Ivan lives in the hostel.

• 27th Dec 2015

clean. common rooms / kitchen decent. good breakfast (additional booking). staff could be much friendlier (they don't seem to like their job much). we had booked a dorm; our beds were occupied by stoned people, the whole room smelled of hash. I would rather not recommend to stay in this hostel (perhaps if you look for private rooms, it might be an okay choice).

Overall, my experience staying in this hotel is good. I stay in 8- bed female dorm and I managed to get some new friends! Kitchen is small but the hostel is close to a supermarket and restaurant which is convenient to grab a food. One thing I don't like is that I couldn't access wifi in the room and I have to go to the kitchen which is noisy and cold.

If you want to experience what it is like to live in North Korea stay. Booked a night for two people in a 8 bed mixed dorm and arrived to find out we were not in the same room or even the same floor, even know we both had empty beds In our rooms. Reception was unhelpful and extremely rude.

- Great location - Staff very kind and friendly - Good vibes - Clean

Everything was good except the door to our dorm was junk; it often didn't work and people couldn't get in without help from someone inside. This was inconvenient and awkward at times, especially when you had to wake somebody up or be woken up to get the door open.

When I was visit, the weather was extremely cold for me. Hostel was very nice clean, location and reception also really kind. But radiator was not good works for enough heating the room. So during I stay there I was feel very cold nice.

Very good experience.

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Palestine

Very close to the Central Station and a tunnelbana station. Just one shower per floor though...

• 10th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

The 14 person room is very cramped. There were very few places to put your bag. The lockers are too small for luggage or a backpack. When we arrived, the beds we were assigned to were not clean so when I went to the front desk to ask what we should do, they said just pick another bed. The next day when we returned from exploring the city, all of our stuff had been removed from our chosen beds and one of our assigned beds still had not been cleaned. It was very frustrating. Location is great tho!

• 10th Nov 2015