Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

There was a woman living in this hostel, who was pretty horrible to live with. Made noise during the night, hade dirty dishes all around, didn't use bed linen in a proper way, didn't leave her bed at all during the day. Not very hygienic way of living, and it seemed like she'd been there a long time. Overall a good hostel, but staff was distant snd no proper common room

Front desk lady wasn't there, and when I called the number it was busy. Took me 20 minutes to track someone down so I could actually check in. Rooms are great beds super comfy, and the wifi works awesome. Met some really great people while there, but there was a super weird lady that I'm pretty sure lived there, and just kept moving rooms... Other than that great place. Location to the underground was great.

We met very nice people and we had an awesome time. The kitchen is a very good place to meet new people and its well equipped. The beds are very private and nice! Its would be even better if there was a common room with couches instead of tables and chairs.

• 13th Jul 2015

My only suggestion would be to consider ejecting guests who are spoiling people's enjoyment through poor personal hygiene and loud snoring.

• 11th Jul 2015

The door to the 14 bed dorm was broken so that if it was all the way closed, the key cards were unable to open it. The staff member which I interacted with was, however, very kind and the breakfast was good. Great location, mediocre hostel.

Great place to stay.... The blond girl from the front desk is the best... Always helping and hard worker!!!

Stayed only for one night, but it was really perfect.

Thank you for the accomodation. I enjoyed my stay over 10 days really much.

• 30th Jun 2015

Arrived and struggled to get in the front door without a code and without the receptionist answering the door. A builder on the street let me in - he knew the code so I'm not sure how secure it is! Was staying with 1 friend for 3 nights, but we were told 1 of us would need to change beds for the final night as they were overbooked. When I came to do this, and moved the bedding and my towel to my new bed, I came back later in the day to find the bed stripped and my towel missing! Utter rubbish.

nice kitchen and free pasta for all! 4 bed dorm is nice clean and spacious. just a 15 mins walk from the central train station. excellent value for money especially in a scandinavian country.

I had a really nice stay in this hostel. I loved the room design and everything felt very comfortable and cozy. Kitchen facilities were great and the free pasta provided was an absolute life saver for a budget traveler like me in a city like Stockholm. Would definitely stay here again.

No 24 hour reception , when we arrived, their was a safe with our name but when we made it to our room and bed number someone had clearly slept in 1 bed - when we called reception they wanted us to simply kick the man out and set up our own sheets which would make us feel in a very uncomfortable decision, after explaining they told us to grab another key and we were put in a private room which was nice. It's a nice place to stay if you want inexpensive and a good nights sleep

The location is good. You can walk to most interesting places in Stockholm. The kitchen is great, bedrooms are also good. The only downside is the ratio of beds per shower/toilet. Sometimes you hve to wait ages to take shower. Great value for the money.

I rated security very poor, and staff and atmosphere poor as well. My big problem with Birka hostel came in the fact that the dorm room door could not shut at all. The key card was not even necessary as the door was open 24/7. Since the hostel has no lockers, this is even more of a big security issue. The staff members themselves are very nice, but the very limited hours meant that anything that happened after 5 pm-such as the dorm room door discovery-could not be fixed.

A very nice hostel with a good location short walks to many interest points of the city, clean bathrooms and rooms.

• 12th Jun 2015

On arrival somebody else was already in my bed, I didn't mind at first because I wanted to change beds and not be right next to the door opening an closing as I was there a full week, the girl at reception said there was nothing she could do to change beds so I had to ask the guy in mine to move and be next to the door that didn't lock properly so people constantly knocked to be let in day and night. I also had food stolen and depite cctv again reception said 'nothing we can do'.

Quite cheap and good to be in Stockholm. Probably the best there

The receptionist is courteous and kind. In addition to providing bed linen without extra cost , the hostel management shows high degree of hospitality to also provide free tea and pasta - Such courtesy should be emulated !

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Norway

Staff were very friendly and helpful. A lovely place to stay.

• 31st May 2015

good internet,elevator,you can buy breakfast, small room but its ok...good bed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3