Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

Stayed only for one night, but it was really perfect.

nice kitchen and free pasta for all! 4 bed dorm is nice clean and spacious. just a 15 mins walk from the central train station. excellent value for money especially in a scandinavian country.

I had a really nice stay in this hostel. I loved the room design and everything felt very comfortable and cozy. Kitchen facilities were great and the free pasta provided was an absolute life saver for a budget traveler like me in a city like Stockholm. Would definitely stay here again.

No 24 hour reception , when we arrived, their was a safe with our name but when we made it to our room and bed number someone had clearly slept in 1 bed - when we called reception they wanted us to simply kick the man out and set up our own sheets which would make us feel in a very uncomfortable decision, after explaining they told us to grab another key and we were put in a private room which was nice. It's a nice place to stay if you want inexpensive and a good nights sleep

The location is good. You can walk to most interesting places in Stockholm. The kitchen is great, bedrooms are also good. The only downside is the ratio of beds per shower/toilet. Sometimes you hve to wait ages to take shower. Great value for the money.

I rated security very poor, and staff and atmosphere poor as well. My big problem with Birka hostel came in the fact that the dorm room door could not shut at all. The key card was not even necessary as the door was open 24/7. Since the hostel has no lockers, this is even more of a big security issue. The staff members themselves are very nice, but the very limited hours meant that anything that happened after 5 pm-such as the dorm room door discovery-could not be fixed.

A very nice hostel with a good location short walks to many interest points of the city, clean bathrooms and rooms.

• 12th Jun 2015

On arrival somebody else was already in my bed, I didn't mind at first because I wanted to change beds and not be right next to the door opening an closing as I was there a full week, the girl at reception said there was nothing she could do to change beds so I had to ask the guy in mine to move and be next to the door that didn't lock properly so people constantly knocked to be let in day and night. I also had food stolen and depite cctv again reception said 'nothing we can do'.

Quite cheap and good to be in Stockholm. Probably the best there

The receptionist is courteous and kind. In addition to providing bed linen without extra cost , the hostel management shows high degree of hospitality to also provide free tea and pasta - Such courtesy should be emulated !

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Norway

Staff were very friendly and helpful. A lovely place to stay.

• 31st May 2015

good internet,elevator,you can buy breakfast, small room but its ok...good bed.

Very affordable hostel in stockholm. Great location - walkable to train station, bus station, town and everywhere else! Don't be shocked when you see stairs, it's just right below! I almost had a heart attack thinking it's up there. Only problem I had was that wifi sucked in the room but corridor was fine :)

Pros: Free coffe, tea, and pasta. Very close to a few different super markets and the central station. Cute, cozy rooms with own little desk and mirror area. Large kitchen and lounge room. Cons: No lockers with a lock in room.

Convenient location - great staff and awesome price.

• 26th May 2015

I came to Stockholm to participate in the Stockholms Internationella Seriefestival and Birka Hostel was definitely the best pick. A stone throw away from Drottningsgatan and Cityterminalen (from where there's a direct connection to Arlanda and Bromma), and the 8 bed dorm was clean and comfortable. There were some problems with the elevator but over all, Birka Hostel was worth every cent.

There is no real spirit in this hostel and it looks like a dorm hotel. There are no decoration and everything is white like in a hospital. The reception closes at 05.00 PM CET and this is a down point, as you are on your own after this.

Staff weren't particularly friendly and there is no real place to chill. And it's a hostel for everyone including kids.

Nice and clean hostel with a good location and large dining room. The internet connection was good in the dining room but almost absent in my room (3. floor) and I ran out of toilet paper in my toilet during my stay.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Estonia

The hostel was great! We stay in a 8 bed "Deluxe" female dorm. There was a full length mirror and 2 dressers. We had our own bathroom but there were two additional showers on the floor and also a separate WC. The receptionist was nice, she printed my boarding pass for me. The free pasta helps since Stockholm is a bit expensive so you can cook your own food. All in all, definitely a great hostel with an amazing location so I will recommend it.

• 17th Apr 2015