Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

Nice and quiet, but seemed to be a lack of staff on hand to help.

The place is nice, quiet and well located. However after looking at my bed (private room) it was looking like if the bedsheets have not been changed (many hairs). I have informed the staff about the situation and they have quickly change everything.

I hv to check in after 9pm. They send me the code through phone and mail so that I can go in although the reception is close. Everything is smooth. :) I have stayed in intershostel, belman hostel and here in Stockholm. This is the best. Recommended. :)

Birka is a very nice hostel. It's clean and the location is very good.

Hostel generally ok. Major issue: the single rooms have no windows / natural light.

This was a pretty standard hostel, except the staff were really rude and our entire floor only had one toilet and one shower. Our room was small and cramped. The kitchen was good though and it was an easy walk to all the big places in Stockholm

Reception staff were miserable and not very welcoming.

Totally amazing. Wouldn't change a thing! It was clean, staff were the friendliest, nicest hostel I have ever stayed in.

• 18th Aug 2015

This hostel was in a great location, easy to walk to everything. The dorms are well decorated and good value I think. Shower and bathroom on each floor, if busy there are plenty more on the other floors. Kitchen is good, bit small and not many utensils but enough to get by. There's also the option of getting stuff washed, but I can't remember how much this cost. Enjoyed our stay here, would recommend to a friend definitely!

Great hostel in the centre of Stockholm. The romms were clean and quite big for a hostel ! We could use the kitchen as well, and the free coffee and tea was very welcomed by us :D Maybe a small negative point : too bad there were not any lockers in the rooms to put our lugagges and stuffs.

excellent location, centrally located , very helpful staff, the only issue was that the WiFi was not functioning in the rooms & could be accessed only from the central area, when told to the staff they said one need to go down to access it.

The hostel is in a really great location right next to the Hötorget metro station, which was fantastic. My private room was fine and the bed was comfortable enough, though noise from the street below was often audible. What the place really lacked was atmosphere. It was fine as a home base but I can't say that I found it to be easy to socialise with others, with not much in the way of communal areas. Not a bad place by any means but perhaps not the greatest if you're looking to meet people.

Very good place, no complaints. Free pasta coffee and tea, bed linen included... All good :)

Staff were there only a limited amount of time at the office and the office is closed at 10 PM. My room was single room and when you take shower, the water fills the whole bathroom. Could be because the bathroom was tiny and there is no segregation between bath and the bathroom

• 6th Aug 2015

Great place except for this one older lady who seemed to live there and move beds every night. Not the best hygiene and she kept her light on all night and got into arguments with two different other occupants on different nights. Besides that one guest, everything else was good.

The hostel was nice and clean, the lady at the counter friendly to help. What i do find strange is that i booked for 2 persons in a dorm, but we end up in separate rooms to sleep. Also the rooms are very noisy when someone enters or leaves during the night.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Belgium

There was a woman living in this hostel, who was pretty horrible to live with. Made noise during the night, hade dirty dishes all around, didn't use bed linen in a proper way, didn't leave her bed at all during the day. Not very hygienic way of living, and it seemed like she'd been there a long time. Overall a good hostel, but staff was distant snd no proper common room

I checked in at 23hrs. I followed instructions but Reception didnt give my room no. This led to a doorcard mix up & me in the wrong room. The hostel owners accused me of taking the wrong keys & of distressing other customers. At 3am I was accused of causingmayhem and all my belongings were at reception. They hadnt allocated me in my room & left me waiting while accusing me. I had two messages with no clear instruction. I was very distressed & cancelled next 2 nights. No refund. No apology.

First stayed in the dorms, but didn't get much sleep there because of the noisy bunk beds. Later moved on to a private room instead but got even less sleep there beacuse of the extremely noisy A/C that you even couldn't turn off! It was +16 outside the window, but even colder in the room. So, will never stay there again because of that, despite low price and good location.

Free pasta is a backpackers dream. Able to keep valuables behind front desk or individual lockers. Has families staying in the hostel and no great communal area to meet other travelers (other than the kitchen)