Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

The 14 person room is very cramped. There were very few places to put your bag. The lockers are too small for luggage or a backpack. When we arrived, the beds we were assigned to were not clean so when I went to the front desk to ask what we should do, they said just pick another bed. The next day when we returned from exploring the city, all of our stuff had been removed from our chosen beds and one of our assigned beds still had not been cleaned. It was very frustrating. Location is great tho!

• 10th Nov 2015

Would have liked a lockable container for my stuff, but other than that everything was perfect!

• 5th Nov 2015

There's only one shower and one toilette for each floor... The location is good.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Couldnt sleep. Horrible night.

• 26th Oct 2015
  • Portugal

Very business like atmosphere. Linens included though, and free coffee tea pasta

There are no lockers on the rooms and also the wifi doesn't works on the rooms upstairs but in the kitchen downstairs is fine. They give you the linens so you need to make your bed before sleep which is annoying when you are tired. But the beds are really confortable and they also have pasta and coffee for free available all the time and the hostel is really well located so it ends up being a good value for your money as other hostels can be way more expensive. So I also came back stayed twice.

No complaints

Very nice hostel. Clean and good location, only problem is not enough bathrooms/ showers.

Only 2 Toilets and 1 one shower at each floor. That's not enough regarding the seize of the hostel (floor: ~ 15 rooms up to 8 people per room)

• 12th Oct 2015
  • Austria

14 people is always a lot in a room. All the people staying were nice and social. The staff was friendly when I was checking in. Security seemed ok. In this room there were cubbies that you could put a lock on for you things. The room was small and a little cramped. There was only one bathroom and one shower for everyone. It was fine for 3 nights, but I think I could have found a much better value for the price.

• 17th Sep 2015

I don't understand how the reviews here are so positive. The staff was extremely rude, there was only ONE shower for a whole floor (12 rooms, 48 people!), the beds were worn out and of very poor quality and to top it all the cost of staying here was very high.

Great value for money. Walking distance from the train station. We stayed only one night and had no issues. The only thing is that there's few bathrooms/showers per floor and no individual lockers.

Very nice and clean hostel, great prices for budget travellers and, above all, perfect location - the only thing I could be picky about is that I had to change beds twice but I made my reservation pretty last minute so it's understandable (the upside is that I got a clean set of linen - which was included in the overall price - every single time I changed my bed). Will definitely come back if I'm in Stockholm again!

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Bedrooms are very small for how many beds but manageable. But beds are. Very large. Kitchen was excellent. Staff very nice and hostel was close to the city centre. One hour walk from museum island but is a beautiful walk along the bay. Good showers. Well worth a visit

I would like to be able to book a room in a monthly basis with a better price because I plan to work in Stockholm.

• 7th Sep 2015
  • Greece

After staying in hostels from Israel and Eastern Europe to Scandinavia this was one of the least enjoyable places I've stayed. The staff was unresponsive to the lack of any lockers at all and the breakfast they served was disgusting. Burnt coffee, Cold hard boiled eggs, tasteless bread and deli meat. The hostel has no hangout space so it lacks any hostel vibe at all - the walls are paper thin so expect to hear the sounds of everybody coming and going not just in your room but in all the rooms.

If someone want to pay few money just and only to sleep, this is a "good" place. The staff is just in charge of making check-in and check-out, if you ask them about suggestions, they send you to a wall with post-its. I wouldn't say the staff is rude, they perform only check-in and check-out, zero interaction with clients. There is no atmosphere in this hostel either. And the place is well located, you can reach every place by walking.

Not a very social hostel but decent enough to spend a couple of nights. I did absolutely love the decorating work in the female dorm I stayed in :)

Nice and quiet, but seemed to be a lack of staff on hand to help.

The place is nice, quiet and well located. However after looking at my bed (private room) it was looking like if the bedsheets have not been changed (many hairs). I have informed the staff about the situation and they have quickly change everything.