Birka Hostel Reviews

Luntmakargatan 14, Stockholm, Sweden

The door to the 14 bed dorm was broken so that if it was all the way closed, the key cards were unable to open it. The staff member which I interacted with was, however, very kind and the breakfast was good. Great location, mediocre hostel.

Great place to stay.... The blond girl from the front desk is the best... Always helping and hard worker!!!

Stayed only for one night, but it was really perfect.

Thank you for the accomodation. I enjoyed my stay over 10 days really much.

• 30th Jun 2015

Arrived and struggled to get in the front door without a code and without the receptionist answering the door. A builder on the street let me in - he knew the code so I'm not sure how secure it is! Was staying with 1 friend for 3 nights, but we were told 1 of us would need to change beds for the final night as they were overbooked. When I came to do this, and moved the bedding and my towel to my new bed, I came back later in the day to find the bed stripped and my towel missing! Utter rubbish.

nice kitchen and free pasta for all! 4 bed dorm is nice clean and spacious. just a 15 mins walk from the central train station. excellent value for money especially in a scandinavian country.

I had a really nice stay in this hostel. I loved the room design and everything felt very comfortable and cozy. Kitchen facilities were great and the free pasta provided was an absolute life saver for a budget traveler like me in a city like Stockholm. Would definitely stay here again.

No 24 hour reception , when we arrived, their was a safe with our name but when we made it to our room and bed number someone had clearly slept in 1 bed - when we called reception they wanted us to simply kick the man out and set up our own sheets which would make us feel in a very uncomfortable decision, after explaining they told us to grab another key and we were put in a private room which was nice. It's a nice place to stay if you want inexpensive and a good nights sleep

The location is good. You can walk to most interesting places in Stockholm. The kitchen is great, bedrooms are also good. The only downside is the ratio of beds per shower/toilet. Sometimes you hve to wait ages to take shower. Great value for the money.

I rated security very poor, and staff and atmosphere poor as well. My big problem with Birka hostel came in the fact that the dorm room door could not shut at all. The key card was not even necessary as the door was open 24/7. Since the hostel has no lockers, this is even more of a big security issue. The staff members themselves are very nice, but the very limited hours meant that anything that happened after 5 pm-such as the dorm room door discovery-could not be fixed.

A very nice hostel with a good location short walks to many interest points of the city, clean bathrooms and rooms.

• 12th Jun 2015

On arrival somebody else was already in my bed, I didn't mind at first because I wanted to change beds and not be right next to the door opening an closing as I was there a full week, the girl at reception said there was nothing she could do to change beds so I had to ask the guy in mine to move and be next to the door that didn't lock properly so people constantly knocked to be let in day and night. I also had food stolen and depite cctv again reception said 'nothing we can do'.

Quite cheap and good to be in Stockholm. Probably the best there

Really appreciate they offer a place to stay with linen included for those on a tight budget. I was there on a transit to Kiruna and Narvik where I have paid 27-42 EUR respectively for a nightly stay which is EXCLUDING the extra 6 EUR for bedding, as you know that is common in NORDEN. Very happy. As a result to cut costs, the hostel is a bit basic, the staff is only partially available..but you know what, if you have to arrive after 11PM or at 6 AM, your way of travel planning needs work.

The receptionist is courteous and kind. In addition to providing bed linen without extra cost , the hostel management shows high degree of hospitality to also provide free tea and pasta - Such courtesy should be emulated !

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Norway

Staff were very friendly and helpful. A lovely place to stay.

• 31st May 2015

good internet,elevator,you can buy breakfast, small room but its ok...good bed.

Very affordable hostel in stockholm. Great location - walkable to train station, bus station, town and everywhere else! Don't be shocked when you see stairs, it's just right below! I almost had a heart attack thinking it's up there. Only problem I had was that wifi sucked in the room but corridor was fine :)

Pros: Free coffe, tea, and pasta. Very close to a few different super markets and the central station. Cute, cozy rooms with own little desk and mirror area. Large kitchen and lounge room. Cons: No lockers with a lock in room.

Convenient location - great staff and awesome price.

• 26th May 2015