Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

2008 Total Reviews

We got changed from a 12 bed dormitory to a 8 bed dormitory which was nice. The staff was nice and friendly. The matress was not so comfy, it was way too thin, but otherwise everything was ok.

I have to admit that we didn't have a great stay in this hostel. Firstly I have to say that the pictures and the reviews have really tricked us and it didn't look like the pics in reality. At arrival we checked in with a girl who was quite unfriendly. We arrived in the room and there was a pretty strong smell of mold and when we looked at the Windows they were covered in black mold. It seemed that we were really unlucky with our 4 bed mixed dorm, when we saw other rooms they looked a lot more ni

• 22nd Jan 2016

Clean and pretty comfortable for a night. Only big problem I noticed was how cold the room got in the evening, almost like the heating wasn't turned on. Simple but nice breakfast included.

I stayed one night for a early morning connecting flight in a mixed dorm. The lockers were all broken bar 2 which was not ideal, but the bed was sleepable. It's a close, easy walk to the coach station which is brilliant. The location looks less than ideal, but I felt safe walking to the coach.

• 16th Jan 2016

I I , and I a tbenm

• 14th Jan 2016

Building was very cold, staff complained to each other about lack of heat. Water heaters were completely inadequate. 3 showers in entire building, staff were rude. Was criticized for not reading a sign that I simply just did not understand. Breakfast was mediocre, staff did not attempt to provide tourism advice. Neighborhood is a bit dark and quiet at night. Very industrial area. Reception and common areas closes and locked at midnight. I wish there were more hostel options in the area.

Very cool common space.

lovely staff cozy common room good facilities perfect location

Nice hostel. Very near to city center and coach station.

The staff was lovely and very helpful, but the dormrooms and general facilities could be a little bit more modern.

• 3rd Jan 2016

An okay hostel for maybe 1-2 nights. There is a real range in guest ages and demographics which makes the atmosphere feel a little odd if you're a solo backpacker The staff were quite friendly. The facilities are all a little bit run down and dorm building feels a bit like a maze - lots of random corridors. Some of the batthrooms seemed really good and others looked pretty unclean. The mattress was noisy and uncomfortable. Overall this hostel is okay for 1-2 nights stay.

I have gone 3 times already and they have renovated ever since. They are looking good and it seems to continue to improve. I look forward to visit again.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

It was a very nice hostel good breakfast good shower it was clean and warm in the room. We stayed with my friend for 2 nights in room nr 14 was really good.The linen was clean also.So we didnt had any complain.Everything was nice.Location wasnt good but other then that its perfect. thanks Katalin and Daniela :-)

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Hungary

Really sound Hostel, Great location.

• 12th Dec 2015

The hostel was in a great location and the facilities were good. I booked a bed in a 4 bed private dorm with an ensuite bathroom, but after turning up and paying I was told I as to be upgraded to a better room - the "pod room". I accepted before seeing the room, however I shortly felt pretty ripped off as in essence I was put into a cheaper 8 bed dorm with no ensuite after already paying for space in a 4 bed ensuite. So all in all poor service but good location.

Staff were excellent and were constantly making improvements during my stay. Very clean. Decent bar. My only complaint is that there wasn't a latch on my locker so it was open the entire time.

Great hostel, very close to the Bullring but wouldn't advise walking there late by yourself. The staff and atmosphere were incredibly friendly. I stayed in an all-female dorm, met some nice people, appreciated the free (very basic) breakfast. Good value for money, don't expect a 5-star hotel, good place to crash for 1-2 nights max.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Luxembourg

• 30th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

This is a great hostel with a relaxed vibe. I stayed there because I needed an early coach and the coach station is close by. Rooms were a bit crowded but OK if you're not there much Staff were helpful also.

The mattress was too old and rather uncomfortable because of the sharp springs inside. The doors should be silenced as much as possible, and they weren't.

• 25th Nov 2015