Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

Not the best place to stay but very cheap and you get free breakfast!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Greece

I stayed 4 nights in the BCB... and enjoyed it ! If I have to return in Birmingham, I will stay in the BCB again.

We were in Birmingham to see Slipknot at the NIA, booked to stay here last minute (while driving there) as it was cheap and fairly central. Didn't spend any time at the hostel really but their private rooms are a great alternative to a travelodge etc if you're booking last minute for a night in the city like we were. Would stay again.

the staff was very least bother, the reception was supposed to be opened by 8 in the morning but it was not open until 9 and we have to leave without breakfast. The area doesn't seem to be safe and I see no security personal around. the door lock system was pretty inefficient. overall it wasnt a good experience.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

The place was very cool. We had a dorm room that had these really unique bunks that were kind like giant cubicles (but might be bad if you`re clostrophobic...). The only problem we really had was on the day we went to check out the front room wasnt open and there was no one at the desk (and we also didnt get in to have breakfast). Because of this, part of our group which had been staying in the other room in the other building had to wait out in the cold (of January) for 20 minutes. Still cool.

• 23rd Jan 2015

for a temporary accommodation is excellent

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

the facilities are not the best but is ok for spending one night.

the reason I stayed here was for the events listed, walking tour, pub crawl, and quiz night. the hostel doesnt offer any of these activities, or the supper buffet. when I asked the staff about the events they said 'we don't do those anymore' . i met two others who wouldve stayed elsewhere too but they wanted to attend the events. several people live at the hostel which isnt very social for solo travel

As always, staying there is like coming home.

Safe and warm stay here clean with nice breakfast friendly staff overall brilliant stay here

Stayed here for one night. Not the nicest location but close to the coach station. Friendly staff and fellow guests, quiet and warm. Had a great night's sleep

Staff were very friendly and the place had a very homely feel. Breakfast was just toast and fruit.. Cereal would have been nice. The beds and bedding were not all that great and (might be because I had a bed against a window) but I could hear every conversation word for word from outside and whenever a car drove past. Struggled to find the place as well.. In what seems to be an industrial area. But if you're looking for a cheap place to stay it's not that bad overall

• 28th Nov 2014

I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm for two nights, and on the second night the 6th bed was occupied by a man. Not OK. Also, a male friend of two girls in the room knew the code for the door and waltzed right in when they weren't there (and without knocking) when I was just out of the shower. Actually, anyone could have. In short, the security was bad. The only redeeming features of this hostel were its cheapness and the free tea/coffee available in the common area.

1) the "ensuite" shower was a cubicle in the unisex shared room 2) if someone was in the other shared showers you couldn't wash your hands in the bathroom 3) we were made to eat outside in the early hours of the morning in the rain (not to mentioned the area is dangerous looking) because their common room is apparently too good for us 4) the bedding was damp and smelly 5) we were made to believe we could check in before 2am, but we arrived at 1am and were locked out! 6) no locker keys given

• 22nd Nov 2014

good hostel, great central location, walking distance from train station and right next door to the coach station. The rooms was warm, the beds comfortable, there was free towel (just asks at the reception) and plenty of power sockets in the room. Just one minor thing: the shower and bathroom rooms were quite cold... and in November this isn't very ideal... but anyway it's a minor thing as the water was worm enough, everything else was ok and I definitely go back there again.

For one night, it was worth it for the price. But definitely I wouldn't stay longer - the bed is really bad and also the shower. They have a strange system were the rooms are located in another building and you need passwords to acess this building (which looks very secure) but there are no lockers inside... Staffs were really kind to us.

They don't run the activities like they say on the description. The Internet works most of the time. The location is within walking distance to everything. The staff are great. HUGE movie collection. Lockers are a little dodgy. Beds could be more comfy.

friendly fun - extended my stay

Really good breakfast - selections of jams and fruits. But even the hottest water in the shower is rather cold.

When I arrived the checkin was a mess, no organization. There was no bed linen in my designated bed, so I asked to a staff to solve this and apparently she got a bit mad with me (???). Beds are uncomfortable and I had a really bad night of sleep because of the noise and because there was this crazy girl screaming and knocking really hard at one door. Breakfast is simple and a bit disorganized too.