Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

The staff is nice. We arrived early and could leave the bags at the hostel until check-in. We had a twin-bedroom in the second building. There, the shared facilities were not very clean. And so was our room. Everything was a bit outdated, which is not bad. However, some of the wallpaper was about to come off, and stains on provided towels and moldy smelling shower rooms are not inviting at all. The main building with the meeting area was nice, though. Breakfast was simple but good.

We were a group of people used to travel and stay in backpaking hostels. The room we had was dirty and full of food and emty cans and bottles (during the two days). The beds were extremly unconfortable and two of the other people staying in the room had been there for months so the room stank like rotten food. On the top of that the staff was extremly unfriendly and unpolite. Definitley don't recommend it.

Lovely staff, excellent atmosphere! A place where you enjoy yourself and meet friends. I wish I had stayed one more night.

staff are friendly and polite. beds and rooms are fair with that price.

All the staff are very attentive, considerate and helpful. Adjusting their routine to computer activities actually gives them twice as much work but sorting out complications involves you in conversation. Becoming acustom to their relaxed personality helps things you would not cope with because of your education, or training to avoid situations quite supportive. I look forward to anpther pleasant travel experience.

• 13th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly atmosphere and very cheerful decoration! Our dormitory was very comfortable, everything was clean, and we had a great breakfast with Nutella, peanut butter, fruits... And it is only 5-7mn from the center.

• 7th Mar 2014

One of the most comfortable hostel lounges I've been in.

The lobby is so lovely! Staffs are friendly :)

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Please, change the mattresses! All the springs can be felt.

Good atmosphere, room good but squeeky beds and lukewarm shower upstairs. Breakfast toast and fruit, hot drinks available all day. Close enough to the centre. Would definitely stay there again.

Really pretty and cosy place to stay in.

Not clear that there are two buildings to this hostel: one has the reception/common room etc, one is just dorms, kitchens and bathrooms. Not great atmosphere in common room, not really ideal for meeting other travellers! Female dorm had no lockers, and a dodgy light, and one of the top bunks was missing the side rail. Wifi didn't work everywhere in the hostel. Overall it was fine for a one night stay on the way somewhere else, but I probably wouldn't choose it for an actual holiday.

• 18th Jan 2014

It was my second time to stay here and I was totally happy with my stay again. Only problem is the fact the hostel is located on a very dark street, so better to be careful if you are a girl travelling on your own. Except for this the hostel is a really lovely and cosy place to stay.

Easy enough to find, and easy enough to check in. Decent room and suited the 4 of us well. No issues. Would recommend.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Scotland

Filthy Place.

Instructions on how to reach hostel from New Street station were very unclear. We were told that a 'confused' man had access to our room, to 4 girls this was very worrying and potentially dangerous. Door codes could easily have been changed, very very poor behaviour! Location an a whole was very unsafe, and also very noisy. Drunks were outside throughout the night/morning. Reception wasn't open at check-out time so we missed the 'complimentary' breakfast. AWFUL hostel. Would NEVER recommend!!!

• 7th Dec 2013

I was few hours in the hostel, but it was nice, clean and not very noisy. The common room was cool, withi a good internet conection and a big screen for watching films! I spent a good time there.

Nice enough

Great location, very near to coach and train stations and city center. Warm and comfortable room, friendly staff. Just two minor things: my bed was the upper part of a bunk bed and it squeaked a lot with the smallest movement. I didn't want to disturb the girl sleeping in the bed down so I ended up sleeping still as a statue. Also the shower I used didn't have hot water but cold-barely warm. But there were many of them so maybe I was unlucky to catch the only one that didn't work properly...

Really enjoyed my stay.....the "quiet after 11PM policy was particually appreciated...I"v stayed in hostels where nobody managed to get to sleep before 1AM...not good at all!!!

• 17th Nov 2013