Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

It is a good place regarding the price for the rooms. Staff very friendly.

The Hostelworld booking confirmation needs to specify that photo ID has to be UK government approved. Friendly staff, well organised, shower much better than it looked to be. Slept well. The area of Birmingham this hostel is situated in is a real rundown grot hole - a brave choice to site a hostel here. However, knowing this you will feel much more comfortable approaching it. It is very convenient for public transport connections and the city centre (which doesn't have much to recommend it).

Excellent hostel - really friendly staff and rooms are simple but tidy. Free breakfast is a bonus and the communal area is lovely.

• 11th Apr 2015

Friendly staff and excellent location.

Not even remotely worth the money. Only stay if you are desperately needing to get a place to stay. It's right in the middle of a terrible neighbourhood that looks more like the breeding ground for meth heads than somewhere worth staying overnight.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The best hostel , nearest one from the the train station and from the bull ring. The staff is so.nice and lovely. A special thanks to Adeline. ;)

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Morocco

the hostel is very affordable and its near coach station ,,the manager is very friendly and i had a nice conversation with him. I will definitely come back again in this place.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

I have been here before so I knew already what to expect: central location, clean rooms and toilets, friendly staff, free towel and continental breakfast and no complains. The young lady who checked me in was probably newbie as she took ages trying to find my reservation, she forgot I paid already a deposit through Hostelworld and tried to charge me for that too (after she apologised about it). Anyway the other guy there was much better and I didn't have any problems once he took over.

Perfect location for the concert I was there to see which was less than 5 minutes away and 10 minutes from the city centre. Very random and quirky decor which at first is overwhelming but grows on you very quickly and makes it more welcoming. It could do with being a bit cleaner and it was much too hot with the radiators on but a good stay overall, I would recommend it to friends and stay there again.

• 4th Mar 2015

Carling, Fosters and strongbow, come on guys you can do better than that!

• 28th Feb 2015

Great hostel! The location is perfect right next to town. Nice people. Lovely rooms with cool pod beds. Highly recommended - Tom H

the bedroom was too small for six people, and they sent us to a building next to the main one which seemed a bit run down.

Not the best place to stay but very cheap and you get free breakfast!

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Greece

I stayed 4 nights in the BCB... and enjoyed it ! If I have to return in Birmingham, I will stay in the BCB again.

We were in Birmingham to see Slipknot at the NIA, booked to stay here last minute (while driving there) as it was cheap and fairly central. Didn't spend any time at the hostel really but their private rooms are a great alternative to a travelodge etc if you're booking last minute for a night in the city like we were. Would stay again.

the staff was very least bother, the reception was supposed to be opened by 8 in the morning but it was not open until 9 and we have to leave without breakfast. The area doesn't seem to be safe and I see no security personal around. the door lock system was pretty inefficient. overall it wasnt a good experience.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

The place was very cool. We had a dorm room that had these really unique bunks that were kind like giant cubicles (but might be bad if you`re clostrophobic...). The only problem we really had was on the day we went to check out the front room wasnt open and there was no one at the desk (and we also didnt get in to have breakfast). Because of this, part of our group which had been staying in the other room in the other building had to wait out in the cold (of January) for 20 minutes. Still cool.

for a temporary accommodation is excellent

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

the facilities are not the best but is ok for spending one night.

the reason I stayed here was for the events listed, walking tour, pub crawl, and quiz night. the hostel doesnt offer any of these activities, or the supper buffet. when I asked the staff about the events they said 'we don't do those anymore' . i met two others who wouldve stayed elsewhere too but they wanted to attend the events. several people live at the hostel which isnt very social for solo travel