Fabulous 2,124 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,124 Total Reviews
Birmingham Central Backpackers Located at 58 Milk Street, Digbeth, , Birmingham.
England
Birmingham Birmingham B5 5NH 58 Milk Street, Digbeth
80% 2124
52.4763112 -1.8858075
    Rooms available

15th Jul 2016
4.9

This hostel was very loud and not very clean. The staff was more interested in socializing with each other than attending guests. The area is sketchy and makes you feel uncomfortable as a single female. Loud conversations and arguments at all hours of the night, and fires that don't fully lock unless they are shoved.

• Israel, Female, 25-30
13th Jul 2016
5.7

Nice enough staff but mostly can be summed up with one word: musty

• China, Female, 18-24
11th Jul 2016

The location is really good, it will cost 10 mins to Moor street train station and only 5 mins to the shopping mall. It totally safe and the wifi is really good.

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Jul 2016
2.9

Really poor properly, not well depicted in pictures. Room was extremely messy and smelt like weed. garbage everywhere, bed was not made, cans of alcohol all around the room, hair on bed and pillow which was supposed to not have been used. Was not able to stay in the room and was denied refund despite checking in 10 mins ago claiming that "arrived too late" at 3pm. Decided to check into a nearly hotel instead.

• England, Couple, 18-24
7th Jul 2016

Only there for one night and didn't send much time in the communal areas but was close to the station (10 mins walk) and seemed like a nice enough place. We got upgraded for free because of an issue with our room from the previous occupants which had a shower, sink and coffee/tea making facilities. Free breakfast was also really good, only basic stuff but saved us a bit of money.

7th Jul 2016
8.0

Recommend trying to arrive when still daylight. Awesome staff and the common room and bathrooms are great. Kitchen is pretty small. Common room/kitchen is locked from midnight until 8am. We left some food in the kitchen we weren't able to get because we forgot it opened so late so make sure you are aware of times. I've seen cleaner hostels but I'm not picky so it worked well for us and it was easy to walk everywhere so that was great.

24th Jun 2016

Overall nice experience. The building is going through renovation at the moment but it really needs it as I see. Stuff are all quite friendly and the location is sweet.

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Jun 2016

I'm really impressed. I arrived several hours too early for my bunk to be ready but the owner still offered me breakfast as it will still breakfast time. The hub of the hostel is like a cross between a living room and a pub, the staff are friendly and with a mix of European staff members, if you're polite and friendly to them, they will be just the same to you- I've worked in hostels and I know some visitors can be hard work plus the turn around of people is really swift.

• Indonesia, All Male Group, 41+
6.6

One of receptionist is not friendly, my card is not function he didnt say sorry, as well when my stuff is missing.

• Netherlands, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
21st Jun 2016

I had a lovely stay at Birmingham Central Backpackers. I was uncertain what to expect as some of the reviews on Hostelworld are quite critical, but this is a great hostel and I would definitely come back. The common room is very nice and I enjoyed watching football there with an international crowd. The dorm was really quiet at night and I slept really well. I didn't hear any trains, which disappointed me actually!