8.0
Fabulous 2,077 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 2,077 Total Reviews
Birmingham Central Backpackers Located at 58 Milk Street, Digbeth, , Birmingham.
England
Birmingham Birmingham B5 5NH 58 Milk Street, Digbeth
80% 2077
52.4763112 -1.8858075
    Rooms available

25th May 2016

Ok, so I read so many times this place is in a dodgy area. The reality is that yes, it looks dodgy but it's actually fine and your just off the main roads so if your not far from public view. Fantastic location, just a few minutes from 2 trains stations and the bus station. The staff are really friendly and helpful. Rooms are ok, basically what you would expect from a hostel. Included breakfast makes it real value for money. I'd stay again.

• England, Female, 25-30
12th May 2016

I would definately recommend this hostel. Friendly staff, comfortable lounge and bunks and a convenient location. I had an early morning flight so I didn't get to sample the breakfast, but all in all excellent value for money.

• England, Female, 18-24
11th May 2016
6.6

The only big problem encountered here was the lack of lock on our door! (Twin room 15). Unfortunately we did not have enough time in our stay to notify staff if this so can't comment on their response. However, it was a pretty big problem for us on our stay. Having said that, the atmosphere and facilities were good here. If the door had locked I'm sure I would have recommended this hostel.

7th May 2016

At first I was a bit worried by the zone, seemed a bit scary, but then I realized that some places in Birmingham are like this. The breakfast lasts till 11, same time for the check outs, that is not early fortunately. You have free coffee and tea all day, you bean leave your bags after check out, and the facilities in bathrooms and showers are modern. It's well placed, 15 minutes by foot from the central station. Be aware that most shops and museums close at 5pm.

• clairebarrett145349
  • England, Female, 18-24
29th Apr 2016

Lovely place and people. Just area looks a bit dodgy but I fealt so safe when I'm there and so welcomed. Would defo go back have stopped here a few times an I love it. I'm from Birmingham and sometimes stop here rather than family just as it's so nice

• Singapore, Female, 18-24
21st Apr 2016
7.1

Key cards used for rooms are really good, though there should be a locker inside, since it is a shared dorm. Carpeted floor a bit dirty in the corridors, but shower and kitchen facilities are relatively clean. Great breakfast provided!

• alessandrozurlo
  • Italy, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2016
6.9

Not bad, not good. Bad points: ONE shower for one floor. No lockers in the dormitory. Free breakfast is bread, jam and fruits. Good points: good position of the hostel, tidy and clean

12th Apr 2016
6.3

The atmosphere was ok, I really liked the way the main room was decorated. I thought it was strange though how old everyone was for it to be a hostel. Everyone in my room seemed to be between 30-55. My room smelled terrible though, it was honestly hard to breathe and they've shoved as many bunk beds as possible into the rooms. The bathrooms were decent and clean. And they provided free breakfast that was pretty standard. The location seemed a bit dodgy, but I'm not that familiar with Birmingham.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
6th Apr 2016

Shared bathroom were quite clean, Water was hot, ventilation in bathroom is good. Staff very friendly and efficient. Keycode for dorms mean I dont run the risk of losing the key The only downside would be the lack of electric sockets in the dorms. We got given an extension plug but its just annoying having to queue up to charge ur phone. Be great if they can build 1 socket per pod. Keep up the good work!

• Hungary, Female, 31-40
6th Apr 2016

negative: wifi problems in the room positive: fruits at breakfast