Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

I reserved 3 beds in the same bedroom, more or less 3 months before my stay. When we arrived, there were only two beds available and the staff did not know which one should not be there. So, a guy arrived and he expelled my friend from a bed. A person in the staff said us that someone should have moved to another bedroom, but they could not do anything that time and one of we should leave. I could not believe and I did not accept that. UNPREPARED STAFF

• 5th Jul 2014

very good, easy stay with no problems, staff were friendly and helpful and I felt safe and secure in the room - defo recommend

• 27th Jun 2014

It was amazing. It looked and felt like a really close place. We thought that the common room was especially great and that our room was a good size and we had everything we needed. Everyone there were so friendly and the staff were really helpful. I would tell anyone who was going there to stay in this hostel.

My padlock didn't fit the lockers and they had none on hand at the desk. So make sure you have a small padlock that can fit a narrow hole. Location doesn't look great, but it's a very short walk from the main road. Nothing was too luxurious but I got what I needed. Free breakfast was appreciated greatly.

The toilets were filthy and the showers were horrible

• 17th Jun 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

A quiet little place. Seemed like there is only one shower between i don't know how many people... People in the room up till 3 in the morning on computers and then would sleep all day. Very close to a National Express bus station and only a short walk to the Bullring.

Excellent place. Very close to the Coach Station, just what I needed.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Hungary

I have stopped in many hostels all over the world and this was my least enjoyable stay, mainly due to the staff, they were not welcoming in the slightest and generally had a negative attitude.

• 9th Jun 2014

Nothing special about Birmingham or this hostel, skip it if you can. Area the hostel is located is a s#%¥ hole, feels dangerous

A bit outdated and lacking atmosphere but it is Ok for the price. Central although located in a dark/empty street. The staff were polite.

I think that the hostel needs a bit of an overhaul and some money plugged back into the facilities.

Just on the side of Lake Windermere. Though a bit far from the city center of Ambleside, but very convenient to reach the bus stop. The beautiful scenery can make up for any inconvenience.

They dont care who they put in there rooms, i was in a room with old drunks who had been there for years and they had a fight early hours. as a girl was a bit un easy. it was clean thats the only good thing about this place.

• 1st May 2014
  • Wales

A little bit far away from the city centre and the area is shabby but the staff is great and the hostel is clean. Definately recommend.

What u think about a hostel that kicks you out of your room, because they give the priority to other people, WITHOUT telling u or asking to move to another bedroom and when u arrive to your room, your stuff is not in the bed the way u left in the morning b4 u went out for touristing? They choose how to treat ppl in this place, by $$. If u are in lots of ppl, u have preferences than a person that is alone, doesn't matter if you payed everything correctly. T

The staff is nice. We arrived early and could leave the bags at the hostel until check-in. We had a twin-bedroom in the second building. There, the shared facilities were not very clean. And so was our room. Everything was a bit outdated, which is not bad. However, some of the wallpaper was about to come off, and stains on provided towels and moldy smelling shower rooms are not inviting at all. The main building with the meeting area was nice, though. Breakfast was simple but good.

We were a group of people used to travel and stay in backpaking hostels. The room we had was dirty and full of food and emty cans and bottles (during the two days). The beds were extremly unconfortable and two of the other people staying in the room had been there for months so the room stank like rotten food. On the top of that the staff was extremly unfriendly and unpolite. Definitley don't recommend it.

Lovely staff, excellent atmosphere! A place where you enjoy yourself and meet friends. I wish I had stayed one more night.

staff are friendly and polite. beds and rooms are fair with that price.

All the staff are very attentive, considerate and helpful. Adjusting their routine to computer activities actually gives them twice as much work but sorting out complications involves you in conversation. Becoming acustom to their relaxed personality helps things you would not cope with because of your education, or training to avoid situations quite supportive. I look forward to anpther pleasant travel experience.

• 13th Mar 2014