Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

They don't run the activities like they say on the description. The Internet works most of the time. The location is within walking distance to everything. The staff are great. HUGE movie collection. Lockers are a little dodgy. Beds could be more comfy.

friendly fun - extended my stay

Really good breakfast - selections of jams and fruits. But even the hottest water in the shower is rather cold.

When I arrived the checkin was a mess, no organization. There was no bed linen in my designated bed, so I asked to a staff to solve this and apparently she got a bit mad with me (???). Beds are uncomfortable and I had a really bad night of sleep because of the noise and because there was this crazy girl screaming and knocking really hard at one door. Breakfast is simple and a bit disorganized too.

I would like to say that I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Staff wee friendly and helpful, showers were good and washroom facilities were great as well as breakfast. the only thing I have to say is make sure you keep your bags locked. a room mate got an ipad robbed. Hostel was great but I think security lockers are needed

It was cold in the shower-room and the water wasn't enough warm/hot for me. I was very cold during my shower. It could be ideal to put a shelf into the shower-cabine, because I had to put all of my staff on the edge of the shower.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

The worst hostel among visiting hostels.

There was like a rave on nearby the night we stayed and it was almost impossible to sleep as it was so loud. When we first arrived we waited about 5/10 minutes before anybody showed up to check us in and we were in a rush to get somewhere. Aside from this there were no faults, room was extremely clean and staff were really friendly

• 10th Oct 2014

As always the best addressto stay in Birmingham

I think the hostel was undergoing some minor renovations while I was there. So it was not the most luxurious hostel I've been to but was very good value for money, the staff were exceptionally helpful, and the location was excellent. I will be very keen to stay here again if I'm in the area :-)

Good value for money. Nice hostel. Beds are old and make noise. Neighbourhood is not as bad as others say it is.

It's been a great time. The staff is very friendly, I met a lot of friendly and cool people. It's close to the city centre and the atmosphere is just amazing. I loved it there.

• 19th Sep 2014

The location, staff, atmosphere were excellent. I would stay here in the future. I just did not like bed sheets as they looked a bit dirty.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Azerbaijan

Nice, quirky place. The location is a bit industry but only 5 minutes walk to the city centre.

A very friendly welcome and helpful with what we needed.

As always, a good palce to stay

I was traveling by myself and the area was shady and dank!!! I didn't feel safe at all!!! The staff were alright, but they have people qho have been living there for a while and there weren't friendly at all. So don't bother staying here. Included breakfast was the only good thing. Ps. Bed bugs!

This is fairly a nice hostel, located within walking distance from the city centre. Its staff and atmosphere are great, as well as their breakfast with fruits and different jams. The rooms and bathrooms are alright, but be aware that lockers are located by the reception only and not in the rooms. Besides, one needs a code to get into the rooms' area and the room itself, which is great, but since the room door doesn't lock automatically, this safety measure isn't quite effective.

Birmingham Central backbackers would have to be one of the worst hostels we have stayed in so far.. The beds were okay but in a whole separate building. All the other guests staying there were middle aged seem like they lived there, one in particular who went out of his way to make you feel very unwelcome and unsafe. The showers smelt of mould and the toilets were worse than public toilets. The kitchen and the breakfast were the only positives. Overall, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

I booked a bed in a 8 bed dormitory with ensuite bathroom. For this hostel ensuite bathroom means a sink and shower INSIDE the room, without any kind of privacy, so I had to go outside the room and use the shared toilets. The hostel needs a refurbish, the mattresses are really uncomfortable.