Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

1) the "ensuite" shower was a cubicle in the unisex shared room 2) if someone was in the other shared showers you couldn't wash your hands in the bathroom 3) we were made to eat outside in the early hours of the morning in the rain (not to mentioned the area is dangerous looking) because their common room is apparently too good for us 4) the bedding was damp and smelly 5) we were made to believe we could check in before 2am, but we arrived at 1am and were locked out! 6) no locker keys given

• 22nd Nov 2014

good hostel, great central location, walking distance from train station and right next door to the coach station. The rooms was warm, the beds comfortable, there was free towel (just asks at the reception) and plenty of power sockets in the room. Just one minor thing: the shower and bathroom rooms were quite cold... and in November this isn't very ideal... but anyway it's a minor thing as the water was worm enough, everything else was ok and I definitely go back there again.

For one night, it was worth it for the price. But definitely I wouldn't stay longer - the bed is really bad and also the shower. They have a strange system were the rooms are located in another building and you need passwords to acess this building (which looks very secure) but there are no lockers inside... Staffs were really kind to us.

They don't run the activities like they say on the description. The Internet works most of the time. The location is within walking distance to everything. The staff are great. HUGE movie collection. Lockers are a little dodgy. Beds could be more comfy.

friendly fun - extended my stay

Really good breakfast - selections of jams and fruits. But even the hottest water in the shower is rather cold.

When I arrived the checkin was a mess, no organization. There was no bed linen in my designated bed, so I asked to a staff to solve this and apparently she got a bit mad with me (???). Beds are uncomfortable and I had a really bad night of sleep because of the noise and because there was this crazy girl screaming and knocking really hard at one door. Breakfast is simple and a bit disorganized too.

I would like to say that I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Staff wee friendly and helpful, showers were good and washroom facilities were great as well as breakfast. the only thing I have to say is make sure you keep your bags locked. a room mate got an ipad robbed. Hostel was great but I think security lockers are needed

It was cold in the shower-room and the water wasn't enough warm/hot for me. I was very cold during my shower. It could be ideal to put a shelf into the shower-cabine, because I had to put all of my staff on the edge of the shower.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

The worst hostel among visiting hostels.

There was like a rave on nearby the night we stayed and it was almost impossible to sleep as it was so loud. When we first arrived we waited about 5/10 minutes before anybody showed up to check us in and we were in a rush to get somewhere. Aside from this there were no faults, room was extremely clean and staff were really friendly

• 10th Oct 2014

As always the best addressto stay in Birmingham

I think the hostel was undergoing some minor renovations while I was there. So it was not the most luxurious hostel I've been to but was very good value for money, the staff were exceptionally helpful, and the location was excellent. I will be very keen to stay here again if I'm in the area :-)

Good value for money. Nice hostel. Beds are old and make noise. Neighbourhood is not as bad as others say it is.

It's been a great time. The staff is very friendly, I met a lot of friendly and cool people. It's close to the city centre and the atmosphere is just amazing. I loved it there.

• 19th Sep 2014

The location, staff, atmosphere were excellent. I would stay here in the future. I just did not like bed sheets as they looked a bit dirty.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Azerbaijan

Nice, quirky place. The location is a bit industry but only 5 minutes walk to the city centre.

A very friendly welcome and helpful with what we needed.

As always, a good palce to stay

I was traveling by myself and the area was shady and dank!!! I didn't feel safe at all!!! The staff were alright, but they have people qho have been living there for a while and there weren't friendly at all. So don't bother staying here. Included breakfast was the only good thing. Ps. Bed bugs!