Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

Cleanliness would be appreciated. I found the mattress were old and very springy squeaky bed! shower were unreliable with hot water.

Excellent value for your money! Wifi was wonderful, the rooms were clean and comfortable, having accessible kitchens was very nice, free breakfast was awesome too. The common room is so interesting to just sit and look at as well! The only downside was that Milk street is kind of a dodgy back alley and as a female travelling alone, I would not walk it at night. Also, check-in is not available until two even if you set a check in time for earlier. Very good, I would recommend it

The hostel has positive and negative points. Staff was good: the young lady who was there during my stay was really kind and helpful. Facilities are also good, they printed my boarding pass, wi-fi works perfectly and free tea and coffee are always available. Notice: reception is not 24/7 and they close the common area at night! My only complain is about the buildings who are quite run-down, not really clean and damp. Overall, I am satisfied with my stay.

We loved our stay , the staff were very polite and the atmosphere was great. We loved the funky interior of the hostel and will definatley stay again. It would be useful if we were made aware about the no drinks policy prior to our stay and for the bar to have a wider selection of drinks and perhaps some offers.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Poland

The team is friendly and ready to help.

• 24th Apr 2015

As alwayls, like comming home!

Excellent place, great staff, helpful and very clean,free wifi great breakfast.

It is a good place regarding the price for the rooms. Staff very friendly.

The Hostelworld booking confirmation needs to specify that photo ID has to be UK government approved. Friendly staff, well organised, shower much better than it looked to be. Slept well. The area of Birmingham this hostel is situated in is a real rundown grot hole - a brave choice to site a hostel here. However, knowing this you will feel much more comfortable approaching it. It is very convenient for public transport connections and the city centre (which doesn't have much to recommend it).

Excellent hostel - really friendly staff and rooms are simple but tidy. Free breakfast is a bonus and the communal area is lovely.

• 11th Apr 2015

Friendly staff and excellent location.

Not even remotely worth the money. Only stay if you are desperately needing to get a place to stay. It's right in the middle of a terrible neighbourhood that looks more like the breeding ground for meth heads than somewhere worth staying overnight.

• 3rd Apr 2015

The best hostel , nearest one from the the train station and from the bull ring. The staff is so.nice and lovely. A special thanks to Adeline. ;)

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Morocco

the hostel is very affordable and its near coach station ,,the manager is very friendly and i had a nice conversation with him. I will definitely come back again in this place.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

I have been here before so I knew already what to expect: central location, clean rooms and toilets, friendly staff, free towel and continental breakfast and no complains. The young lady who checked me in was probably newbie as she took ages trying to find my reservation, she forgot I paid already a deposit through Hostelworld and tried to charge me for that too (after she apologised about it). Anyway the other guy there was much better and I didn't have any problems once he took over.

Perfect location for the concert I was there to see which was less than 5 minutes away and 10 minutes from the city centre. Very random and quirky decor which at first is overwhelming but grows on you very quickly and makes it more welcoming. It could do with being a bit cleaner and it was much too hot with the radiators on but a good stay overall, I would recommend it to friends and stay there again.

• 4th Mar 2015

Carling, Fosters and strongbow, come on guys you can do better than that!

• 28th Feb 2015

Great hostel! The location is perfect right next to town. Nice people. Lovely rooms with cool pod beds. Highly recommended - Tom H

the bedroom was too small for six people, and they sent us to a building next to the main one which seemed a bit run down.

Not the best place to stay but very cheap and you get free breakfast!

• 3rd Feb 2015