Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

For one night, it was worth it for the price. But definitely I wouldn't stay longer - the bed is really bad and also the shower. They have a strange system were the rooms are located in another building and you need passwords to acess this building (which looks very secure) but there are no lockers inside... Staffs were really kind to us.

They don't run the activities like they say on the description. The Internet works most of the time. The location is within walking distance to everything. The staff are great. HUGE movie collection. Lockers are a little dodgy. Beds could be more comfy.

friendly fun - extended my stay

Really good breakfast - selections of jams and fruits. But even the hottest water in the shower is rather cold.

When I arrived the checkin was a mess, no organization. There was no bed linen in my designated bed, so I asked to a staff to solve this and apparently she got a bit mad with me (???). Beds are uncomfortable and I had a really bad night of sleep because of the noise and because there was this crazy girl screaming and knocking really hard at one door. Breakfast is simple and a bit disorganized too.

I would like to say that I enjoyed my stay in the hostel. Staff wee friendly and helpful, showers were good and washroom facilities were great as well as breakfast. the only thing I have to say is make sure you keep your bags locked. a room mate got an ipad robbed. Hostel was great but I think security lockers are needed

It was cold in the shower-room and the water wasn't enough warm/hot for me. I was very cold during my shower. It could be ideal to put a shelf into the shower-cabine, because I had to put all of my staff on the edge of the shower.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

The worst hostel among visiting hostels.

There was like a rave on nearby the night we stayed and it was almost impossible to sleep as it was so loud. When we first arrived we waited about 5/10 minutes before anybody showed up to check us in and we were in a rush to get somewhere. Aside from this there were no faults, room was extremely clean and staff were really friendly

• 10th Oct 2014

As always the best addressto stay in Birmingham

I think the hostel was undergoing some minor renovations while I was there. So it was not the most luxurious hostel I've been to but was very good value for money, the staff were exceptionally helpful, and the location was excellent. I will be very keen to stay here again if I'm in the area :-)

Good value for money. Nice hostel. Beds are old and make noise. Neighbourhood is not as bad as others say it is.

1 2 Next » last »