Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

A very friendly welcome and helpful with what we needed.

As always, a good palce to stay

I was traveling by myself and the area was shady and dank!!! I didn't feel safe at all!!! The staff were alright, but they have people qho have been living there for a while and there weren't friendly at all. So don't bother staying here. Included breakfast was the only good thing. Ps. Bed bugs!

This is fairly a nice hostel, located within walking distance from the city centre. Its staff and atmosphere are great, as well as their breakfast with fruits and different jams. The rooms and bathrooms are alright, but be aware that lockers are located by the reception only and not in the rooms. Besides, one needs a code to get into the rooms' area and the room itself, which is great, but since the room door doesn't lock automatically, this safety measure isn't quite effective.

Birmingham Central backbackers would have to be one of the worst hostels we have stayed in so far.. The beds were okay but in a whole separate building. All the other guests staying there were middle aged seem like they lived there, one in particular who went out of his way to make you feel very unwelcome and unsafe. The showers smelt of mould and the toilets were worse than public toilets. The kitchen and the breakfast were the only positives. Overall, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

I booked a bed in a 8 bed dormitory with ensuite bathroom. For this hostel ensuite bathroom means a sink and shower INSIDE the room, without any kind of privacy, so I had to go outside the room and use the shared toilets. The hostel needs a refurbish, the mattresses are really uncomfortable.

Very nice hostel with very friendly staff.

Staff could be more inviting and friendly. They are polite and proper. Not very forthcoming with extra info a guest may want. The room itself did not seem to be cleaned while I was staying there. Floor felt sandy. The drawers of the bedside cupboard were filthy. Old dirty glass inside, food packages, crumbs and dirt. One drawer had two old stained garments left by some previous guest. Luckily I did not spend much time there so it did not bother me too much but I likely won't be returning.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • South Africa

I reserved 3 beds in the same bedroom, more or less 3 months before my stay. When we arrived, there were only two beds available and the staff did not know which one should not be there. So, a guy arrived and he expelled my friend from a bed. A person in the staff said us that someone should have moved to another bedroom, but they could not do anything that time and one of we should leave. I could not believe and I did not accept that. UNPREPARED STAFF

• 5th Jul 2014

very good, easy stay with no problems, staff were friendly and helpful and I felt safe and secure in the room - defo recommend

• 27th Jun 2014