Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

I felt staff were quite rude and not very helpful. The accommodation isn't bad if your staying for a night or 2. The cleanliness of the rooms weren't great either they're were stains on the sheets, damp all around the windows. Overall not that great.

• 16th Nov 2013

I stayed here because it was close to the coach station, I thought it was a pretty good hostel. Usually I stay at Hatters but thought I would change. My only negative was that the rooms were a bit cramped, at least mine was. Lots to recommend though.

My stay here was awful. I was put in a room in a building next door to the hostel. My room initially had no heating. I stayed in a single room and it was not clean. The curtains were thin and manky, the wall had a horrible brown mark on it, the bed was lumpy and the bedding was too worn. There was a massive spider in one of the corners of the room. The staff didn't know what the NEC area was - strange as it is on the website. Filthy communal toilet. Nightclub noise until 4am! And more...

Hello! Staying with BCB was real fun! We loved it very much. First of all, the atmosphere. It's really important to feel at home and in BCB we did. The common room is just perfect: there are always people chatting, laughing, watching movies and reading. You are always in the centre of everything. People, working there are really nice and interesting, full of funny stories (Zoltan, you rock). So, you can always come down for a cup of tea and cozy company next to the fireplace. Amazing!!

Staff were miserable, and we all got the impression that becuase we were English we were treated with less tolerance, making noise after a night out? Who doesn't? Its a hostel? One of the conditions of the hostel was no alcohol in the room, we had one can of lager which was purchased on the journey over to Birmingham, still the hostel employee winged at me for five minutes about having no alcohol, it wasnt even open! When trying to give the lager can to him, he refused to take it away!?? Strange

• 31st Oct 2013

This hostel is absolutely amazing! We have stayed in this hostel for the first time. I can say for sure it is not the last time. If we ever come back to Birmingham, we will stay there for sure. It is very clean - rooms, showers and toilets and atmosphere is more than positive. Staff is great and we have really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. Thank you guys for everything! :)

I enjoyed my stay in the hostel! its well located and near the irish quarter and bullring market! pubs are good around this area!

Not much to offer for breakfast but otherwise everything was fine, no problems.

1 2 Next » last »