Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

Good value for money. Nice hostel. Beds are old and make noise. Neighbourhood is not as bad as others say it is.

It's been a great time. The staff is very friendly, I met a lot of friendly and cool people. It's close to the city centre and the atmosphere is just amazing. I loved it there.

• 19th Sep 2014

The location, staff, atmosphere were excellent. I would stay here in the future. I just did not like bed sheets as they looked a bit dirty.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Azerbaijan

Nice, quirky place. The location is a bit industry but only 5 minutes walk to the city centre.

A very friendly welcome and helpful with what we needed.

As always, a good palce to stay

I was traveling by myself and the area was shady and dank!!! I didn't feel safe at all!!! The staff were alright, but they have people qho have been living there for a while and there weren't friendly at all. So don't bother staying here. Included breakfast was the only good thing. Ps. Bed bugs!

This is fairly a nice hostel, located within walking distance from the city centre. Its staff and atmosphere are great, as well as their breakfast with fruits and different jams. The rooms and bathrooms are alright, but be aware that lockers are located by the reception only and not in the rooms. Besides, one needs a code to get into the rooms' area and the room itself, which is great, but since the room door doesn't lock automatically, this safety measure isn't quite effective.

Birmingham Central backbackers would have to be one of the worst hostels we have stayed in so far.. The beds were okay but in a whole separate building. All the other guests staying there were middle aged seem like they lived there, one in particular who went out of his way to make you feel very unwelcome and unsafe. The showers smelt of mould and the toilets were worse than public toilets. The kitchen and the breakfast were the only positives. Overall, I wouldn't recommend staying here.

I booked a bed in a 8 bed dormitory with ensuite bathroom. For this hostel ensuite bathroom means a sink and shower INSIDE the room, without any kind of privacy, so I had to go outside the room and use the shared toilets. The hostel needs a refurbish, the mattresses are really uncomfortable.

1 2 Next » last »