Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

2008 Total Reviews

If you plan to visit Birmingham, that's the place to stay!

Probably the best hostel I've stayed at in quite a while! ...and I've been around ;-) Misha and his team really are super and have thought of pretty much *everything* a backpackers needs. Oh and did I mention the DELICIOUS breakfast? Well, that'll be a brucey bonus when you wake up :-D

• 17th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Good place overall , Everything useful is available without any hassle or inconvenience, Only 1 shower upstairs was a downside but not too bad since checkout times were very relaxed . Atmosphere was weird , Not bad but it looks like mostly students use it as a base whilst passing through in the city, the downstairs communal area was pretty much an internet café, I rarely heard any conversation. Staff OK very casual but present , price of the place was cheap and clean, overall good

I had a lovely stay !!

• 15th Sep 2015
  • Lithuania

Fantastic stay. The staff member Sam there was really great and really helpful. Thanks! :D

Overall it was a great stay and if there was anything at all that i'd like to see would be a locker facility of some kind in the second building, but thats a minor thing, cheers, Fintan

Hmmm... not sure how I felt about this hostel. I've never stayed in Birmingham before, so I guess I wasn't quite prepared for what I wandered in to. The staff in the hostel were great and the room was okay... but the actual location of the hostel left much to be desired. The room was a bit small for the amount of peple and I found myself wondering about safety in the event of a fire (luggage in the middle of the floor...). Would I stay there again...I'm not sure.

I'm glad I didn't stay longer than 1 night. Walking there I thought "Wow, this neighborhood feels sketchy during daylight....it can only be worse after dark.". On the bright side, the staff was nice, the breakfast was good, and it's in a convenient location. On the downside, the mattress is uncomfortable, the bathrooms (or the dorms for that matter) aren't the cleanest, and there isn't a super friendly, hang out and get to know each other vibe going on there.

• 8th Sep 2015

Very pleasant hostel very close to the coach station. Decent common area for relaxing with helpful staff.

Very good, staff particularly helpful. Nice vibe about the place despite the building's age negatively affecting some of the facilities. Overall very good.

It was simply the best hostel we've been so far. Even though it is located in some kind of rundown area and the building from outside didn't look convincing, the inside was really nice and cozy. We even got upgraded to private 2 beds room, but I saw the dorm room was also nice. Showers and toliets are plenty and clean, free continental breakfast, free coffee and tea all day, some activities going on every night, fully stocked kitchen with microwave and fridge. Recommended !!

The Central Backpackers in Birmingham is an 'old school' Backpackers. Frankly, it offers one of the best 'value for money' ratios in the country. It is low price, the rooms are cleaner than elsewhere and breakfast is included! If you're running low on money and need to stay in Birmingham this should be your place to stay!

• 20th Aug 2015

Very nice atmosphere:)

The staff member on duty was very friendly and helpful. I wasn't crazy about the neighbourhood but it was conveniently close to bus station. The room was tiny but clean.

Free coffee and tea all day long is what I love best!

dodgy location but had decent security so I didn't feel unsafe at any point. staff was nice enough. little to no atmosphere, most people wanted to stay to themselves. rooms weren't clean but not dirty. bed smelled of cigarettes and was very uncomfortable. it was pretty much what I expected from a hostel in Birmingham though. overall, if you're on a budget, it's not a bad place to stay for a night or two, just don't expect too much.

• 16th Aug 2015

Former pub turned hostel (still a licensed pub, apparently), homely hostel-like atmosphere. Free tea and coffee and wi-fi. Breakfast is pretty basic but included in the price. Rooms were fine.

1 2 3 Next » last »