Birmingham Central Backpackers Reviews

58 Milk Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, England

I stayed 4 nights in the BCB... and enjoyed it ! If I have to return in Birmingham, I will stay in the BCB again.

We were in Birmingham to see Slipknot at the NIA, booked to stay here last minute (while driving there) as it was cheap and fairly central. Didn't spend any time at the hostel really but their private rooms are a great alternative to a travelodge etc if you're booking last minute for a night in the city like we were. Would stay again.

the staff was very least bother, the reception was supposed to be opened by 8 in the morning but it was not open until 9 and we have to leave without breakfast. The area doesn't seem to be safe and I see no security personal around. the door lock system was pretty inefficient. overall it wasnt a good experience.

• 24th Jan 2015
  • Pakistan

The place was very cool. We had a dorm room that had these really unique bunks that were kind like giant cubicles (but might be bad if you`re clostrophobic...). The only problem we really had was on the day we went to check out the front room wasnt open and there was no one at the desk (and we also didnt get in to have breakfast). Because of this, part of our group which had been staying in the other room in the other building had to wait out in the cold (of January) for 20 minutes. Still cool.

for a temporary accommodation is excellent

• 18th Jan 2015
  • Hungary

the facilities are not the best but is ok for spending one night.

the reason I stayed here was for the events listed, walking tour, pub crawl, and quiz night. the hostel doesnt offer any of these activities, or the supper buffet. when I asked the staff about the events they said 'we don't do those anymore' . i met two others who wouldve stayed elsewhere too but they wanted to attend the events. several people live at the hostel which isnt very social for solo travel

As always, staying there is like coming home.

1 2 3 Next » last »