Birmingham Central Backpackers

Fabulous 2285 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2285 Total Reviews

7th Dec 2016
3.7

Warning: RUN AWAY! DO NOT STAY HERE! The bathrooms were beyond filthy - not exaggerating - every single toilet was clogged and the sinks were covered in hair. The furniture in the lounge is sticky. I have stayed in many hostels all over the world and have never experienced such a dirty place. The 6 bed dorm room was so cramped that two people couldn't stand at the same time and I had to keep my backpack near the front door because there was not enough room near the bed.

• England, Male, 31-40
5th Dec 2016

Enjoyed my stay, was a lovely atmosphere and was well catered for. Free breakfast is minimal, tea/coffee,toast and some fruit but not bad for the price. free tea and coffee and squash all day though. Wifi worked well. Only criticism is that there are no recycling facilities so i had to take my recycling with me when i left. It was explained that this is because the council wanted to charge 200 quid per collection so fair enough but perhaps staff with a vehicle could do a tip run once a week?

• England, Female, 41+
2nd Dec 2016

Its great, I am back there now for two more nights. More atmospheric than other jostels, very easy to make friends, homey atmosphere and great communal area. Showers n toilets not en suite is actually better as there are many and you are never waiting. Eleven out of ten!!

25th Nov 2016
8.0

Great location - near Digbeth Coach Station, stone's throw from O2 Institute, and a 15 minute walk from the Bullring. Nicely decorated communal area with a space out back as well. Basic (but free!) breakfast served in the morning and the staff I spoke to were friendly enough. Reasonably priced and would happily stay there again if in Birmingham due to its location and good value for money.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
7.1

For a cheap nights accommodation it was just what I needed. Great free breakfast and unlimited tea and coffee during the day. My top bunk was rather wobbly and it was a shame there's not more showers but thankfully my dorm room wasn't full. There was a chilled out atmosphere in the bar area. The hostel is walking distance to centre of town and station but located in light industrial area, some solo travelers might not like the walk.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
4.9

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed. The wifi never worked. When I tried to reach the staff by phone to deal with the problem, she said I should not call her during night time since she had to sleep. Meanwhile, the room is not really comfortable. The bed was crumbling and some screws fell on my duvet suddenly. I was afraid that I will get hurt. The hostel is somehow far from rail station and it is located at the corner of a street which can't be easily found. I am disappointed.

• England, Female, 31-40
23rd Nov 2016

Friendly and busy hostel, the room was clean and comfortable and I enjoyed my stay. The Wifi wasn't working but that's OK. Security was good and the facilities were really clean. The hostel is in the industrial district of Digbeth a 15 minute walk from town centre. As a young woman travelling alone, I was a bit nervous of the location at first but it seemed fine.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Nov 2016
6.3

Many of the rooms are in a different building to the lockers and reception. When the cleaners came to clean, they would leave all the doors open and I was constantly worried about my things getting stolen. As reception is not open 24/7, it was not a viable option to store my things in a locker. The area is close to town but is in a slightly dodgy location. The building is old, falling to bits and a bit grotty, particularly in shower block.

• englopes
  • Portugal, Male, 31-40
13th Nov 2016
5.7

Scary area! Not the best place to park your car overnight from sure. The need of going back to the (scary) street to enter the room buildings. They advertise they have breakfast. Howver the building with breakfast does not open before 8am. Stay away

31st Oct 2016

Internet works well but only in the bar / reception area, mot in the Accomodation which is in a separate block.