Black Cat Hostel Reviews

Eligio Ayala 129 between Yegros and Independencia, Asuncion, Paraguay

I thought this was a reasonable hostel, however I accidentally broke a drinking glass and they charged me $2.50. Not really customer service, accidents happen.

Dear guest, we understand that accidents can happen and because of that we don't charge when minor things get damaged or broken, I have the copy of your receive and I did not find any charge being made besides the payment for the stay. At the Black Cat we take care of every guest as part of our family, trying to make everyone feel comfortable with us, I apologize if you had any inconvenience, we will be glad to host you again if you come back to Asuncion. Best regards from the staff!

This was a nice hostel. The girl on staff was helpful and attentive. Location is very good. However, extremely lame group of travelers happened to be staying there, which does not reflect on the hostel itself. Also, they cook some excellent pizza and nachos at great prices at this hostel.

Very good standard of hostel overall.

We only stayed one night at the hostel but the staff were amazing !!

Hot water was a bit sporadic during my stay and the dorms can get chilly at night. Apart from that, a really nice place to stay. Excellent location as the hostel is only 1 block away from the city`s main plaza. The English speaking mother and daughter team who run the hostel couldn`t be more helpful. There`s a weekly bbq held every Sunday (40,000 guaranis) and there is a common room with tv right by reception. Breakfast consists of juices, coffee, cereal and toast. I`d happily stay here again.

Great location! Violeta is so nice and helpful! The barbecue on Sunday was awesome.

A tremendous hostel.All the facilities were top quality.The staff were outstanding.The young girl on the desk showed humour and patience in helping me with a computer.I was made to feel at home.