Black Cat Hostel Reviews

Eligio Ayala 129 between Yegros and Independencia, Asuncion, Paraguay

A good hostel in the small old town of asuncion. Would reccomend

This is the best hostel in Asuncion, I stayed before in other hostels but this is for sure the best! The owners of the hostel are the perfect hosts for your stay. As other reviews have mentioned, they are very helpful, providing invaluable information and advice on the best cultural sites, restaurants and bars to visit in the city as well as information on excursions to other cities in Paraguay. The hostel is centrally located, very clean, free WiFi and breakfast was included in the price.

• 2nd Sep 2014

What a great hostel! I wasn't expecting much because I had no idea how Paraguay would be but it was an awesome experience, the hostel was perfect, very clean and good location, the people who work there is helpful and they have good knowledge about the surrounding areas and what to do everyday. I would stay there again anytime!

• 2nd Sep 2014

Thanks for the review, we are glad you had a nice stay at the hostel, everything we do is to make all our guests feel like home or even better, we hope to see you soon again, have a safe trip!

both Mother(Lilea)&Daughter(violet) were not only helpful but went the extra mile to see all needs were met. both are wonderful people and the hostel is all the better for them.

Thank you for the lovely words, it was a pleasure to host you at our hostel and we will be glad to have you here again if you come back to Paraguay, we wish you a safe trip!

I thought this was a reasonable hostel, however I accidentally broke a drinking glass and they charged me $2.50. Not really customer service, accidents happen.

Dear guest, we understand that accidents can happen and because of that we don't charge when minor things get damaged or broken, I have the copy of your receive and I did not find any charge being made besides the payment for the stay. At the Black Cat we take care of every guest as part of our family, trying to make everyone feel comfortable with us, I apologize if you had any inconvenience, we will be glad to host you again if you come back to Asuncion. Best regards from the staff!

This was a nice hostel. The girl on staff was helpful and attentive. Location is very good. However, extremely lame group of travelers happened to be staying there, which does not reflect on the hostel itself. Also, they cook some excellent pizza and nachos at great prices at this hostel.

Very good standard of hostel overall.

We only stayed one night at the hostel but the staff were amazing !!