Black Cat Hostel Reviews

Eligio Ayala 129 between Yegros and Independencia, Asuncion, Paraguay

A well located hostel in the heart of Asuncion. A friendly cat patrols the common areas and helpful staff are always available to assist you. I had a single room which was very clean and well furnished. Air con and towels provided. Breakfast was the usual - toast, preservatives, juice and coffee. The only negative was that the showers and bathroom where a bit grimy and that the water was luke warm.

I stayed at the Black Cat Hostel in Asuncion for about a week in December 2015, and I highly recommend it. I got a private room for a very reasonable price, and was very happy with the quality of the facilities. The staff were always extremely friendly and helpful, everything was clean and well-maintained, and the hostel was in walking distance of many of the places I needed to go (shops, bars, concert venues, restaurants, etc.). Check it out, you won't regret it!

• 15th Dec 2015

Great location hostel with extremely knowledgeable staff. Wasn't really a whole lot of atmosphere but enjoyed my stay there. Asuncion should be on everyone's to see list!

Very nice hostel in the centre of Asuncion; close to lots of restaurants and other places. It has a pool, small rooftop terrace, TV, kitchen, dining room. Breakfast was decent, staff are really friendly and the building is secure.

Staff were friendly and welcoming. 24 reception and you must be buzzed in to the building so we felt very safe and secure. Rooms were fine, however we did feel it wasn't great value for money, we paid for a double private room to try and catch up on some sleep, but unfortunately the walls were so paper thin we could hear everything... Clear conversations, coughing, snoring, footsteps etc. We might as well have paid less for a dorm room. Pack earplugs!