Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

Close to metro and great staff. Good vibe

We had such a great time at the Black Sheep. The location is great and a bit out of the way, communal areas good for meeting people and our room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were so helpful in booking trips and I would recommend doing the Guatape tour organised by the hostel as it was fab. One comment would be that for such a big/busy hostel that doesn't serve food the kitchen is pretty small and gets very crowded at peak periods.

Excellent place!! Very close from zona Rosa but in a quiet neighborhood. Beds are good, enough bathrooms with pressure and hot water in the shower, many spacious commun areas (hammocs, bbq, tv...), big kitchen well equiped, big exito supermarket at 5min walks.

Great! Zero complaints!

• 1st Feb 2016

Great hostel! Very helpful staff, and my private room was nicer than some hotels I've stayed in (amazing shower, clean, cable tv!). it seems like the hostel organizes lots of tours and outings. Nice social atmosphere without being a wild party hostel. The kitchen could sometimes get a bit dirty during the day but probably inevitable. I wish they provided more detailed directions from the metro (the area is confusing!) and offer a simple free breakfast (even toast or something!!).

The staff are amazing and welcoming and extremely helpful. It was a very comfortable home, there were plenty of places to chill out inside and outside. There were great kitchen facilities. This mean no free breakfast which was a bit of a downside. The place was really clean, but most of the bathrooms were always really wet, I nearly slipped. They should have bath mats. This was an awesome place to stay! I would highly recommend it. The walk to the station, ATM and supermarket is 10 minutes.

Great hostel, great staff, very helpful, great selection of tours and activities available through the hostel

A great week spent in one of their private rooms, the hostel has enough social areas that meeting people is as easy as any other hostel I've been to but if your looking for peace and quiet, again no problem. Staff are all absolutely fantastic and couldn't have been more helpful. Highly recommended.

• 24th Jan 2016

The receptionist was great and the hostel had good activities ( I recommend the day trip to Guatape, it was awesome!) . The facilities, bathrooms etc were average, nothing to write home about.

The hostel has a verry Nice atmosphere, but the toilets are dirty. The lockers are outside of the rooms. But, they have a verry Nice terrace anos balcony anda the rooms are cozy. The area of Medellin is not so near from the bar/restaurants area, so is quiet.

Nice hostel, our double room was really nice and spacious. Good location, about 20 mins walk from bars and restaurants in Poblado, supermarket and train station about 20 mins walk. Good common areas and kitchen. Really nice and helpful staff. Suggest putting a fan in the rooms as they are quite stuffy at night and leaving the window open doesn't help.

• 20th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Very good

Very friendly staff. Good neighbourhood for eating/drinking (excellent Mexican in particular round the corner from the hostel if you need a break from Colombian food). It's about 10 minutes to the nearest metro.

I landed kinda late and I could see that i had woken the front desk guy and he wasn't Happy about it. I took a private doom and it was all the way in the back and i couldn't pick up an internet signal. Add on to it that my bank card was not working and I needed Internet to fix it and everyone was getting in and crashing from a long night in Medellin. There were people sleeping in the hallway i ended up leaving for a great place Right across the road the Casa Blanca stayed there 10 days

• 15th Jan 2016

my private bedroom was very confortable, the staff was incredible to me always helping with informations and suggesting tours to do, Giuliana is amazing and Kelvin was too. Definitely i would love to stay more. the neighbourhood is quiet, and its just 1km on foot to reach parque lleras. theres a lovely place near the hostal to have breakfast Al Alma. if its possible please put a mirror in the single private room.

• 8th Jan 2016

What an amazing hostel. I got a private room which is the best deal anywhere around - I know bc stayed at a place across the street and it was less clean, didn't have a private bathroom and was more expensive. Juliana (love her!) and the rest of the staff were incredible. It was fun without being overwhelmed with college-age ppl or ppl trying to party like crazy. That said, i did have some wild nights pregaming and then going out around lleras with the ppl i met, great wifi, great sundeck!

The staff are friendly and the place has a good feel. We where really happy with our room. The kitchen was of good size and had all the basic utensils you need to make a meal the only thing I would say is due to the amount of people using the kitchen it can get dirty quickly. The location of the hostel is great close to bars, shops, transport and eateries A great place to stay for a Medellin newby

Great hostel. Staff is very helpful in providing information and places to see. Highly recommend to anyone in Medellin.

Great Hostel. Very clean and comfortable. The staff were extremely helpful and I like the fact that there is always someone on duty. A number of areas to chill out - we especially like the hammocks. Also you could buy drinks including beer and charge to your room which was nice and easy. Would certainly recommend this hostel

I really enjoyed staying at Black Sheep. It's a great hostel!!! Great location in a quiet, safe and beautiful neighborhood. Close to everything (walking or metro). The owner is super friendly and helpful. The hostel has a great kitchen, nice dorms with good mattresses. The big shower is the best I've had so far in Colombia - HOT water and strong pressure! Not just a spout coming out of the wall. We will be coming back for sure. Highly recommended!

• 1st Jan 2016