Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

Gracias por la hospitalidad a todos. Definitivamente voy a recomendar Black Sheep a alguien que viajara por Medellín.

Nice hostel with good facilities ( only thing they didn't have was air conditioning). The staff were helpful in providing maps and directions as well as help with onward journeys and excursions. Very quiet hostel within a 10 minute walk from the metro, supermarket and about a 15/20 minute from the bars and restaurants. Sunday BBQ very good as well.

Excellent hostel. Great room and facilities. The room and hallways were spotless. The staff at reception were excellent and got slots on tours for us at short notice. Lots of good tourist advice and it seemed they had the first name of everyone in the hostel on first name from check in! hostel also in a lovely area with a gorgeous coffee shot around the corner

• 7th Jul 2014

The perfect mix between party

2nd stay, even better than last time. Great staff and perfect easy going atmosphere.

The Hostel is amazing. But I think there are better locations on el poblado. I mean closer to to bars and nightlife. The beds are very high. Be careful with your head when getting up.

Good location, decent common areas, particularly the large sofa area with massive TV. Good atmosphere with a friendly crowd too. WiFi is decent. Shower good flow and hot. Staff are helpful, helped with area advice, booking tours and taxis. Lockers available, but not inside rooms themselves.. Room for improvement - more plug sockets in rooms, the ones they did have didn't work well. Got quite hot in the room, lack of fans/ventilation. Overall a good place to stay, potential to be great.

Hostel was in a good location, near the metro

• 29th Jun 2014

This was a great hostel. Clean rooms, great staff, great atmosphere, great kitchen all for an amazing price. The bathrooms and showers could have been a little cleaner but that's my only complaint.

• 28th Jun 2014

Killer kitchen

One of the nicest hostels we've stayed at on this trip, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a kiwi. It's located in a pleasant leafy suburb, a short walk from a metro station, huge supermarket, and plenty of restaurants and bars. Very helpful staff and great atmosphere, without being too loud to sleep. The Sunday BBQ was delicious and a huge meal. Excellent hostel.

Truly one of the best hostels I've stayed at in some time. Exellent, friendly staff. Free coffee and tea. Good mix of quietness and socializing. Clean facilities, drinks for purchase, and even a same-day laundry service.

Really nice place in a great area! LOVED the private room, nice patio, wi-fi and free computers, large kitchen, free coffee and in the perfect area. I would definitely stay here again!

We had a private room, but they bathroom gave off bad sewer smells!

The black sheep hostel is the ideal place to stay if you want to meet other travellers but still be able to have a quiet sleep at night! Kalvin the Kiwi owner is very friendly and extremely accommodating, when my phone was stolen he offered helpful advice. The location couldnt be better, near the metro and supermarket and only a 10 minute walk to the party zone. Dorms are large, cleaned religiously and the common room is amazing! Definitely stay here if you want to have a good time in Medellin.

• 17th Jun 2014

O for awesome hostel that you can tell is run by a kiwi. Laid back atmosphere where you can choose your own pace rather than be pushed along by an over whelming party vibe. If it hsd a buffet brekky it would be perfect. Tend to meet low key travelers rather than the cocaine tourists at another nearby hostel

Fantastic hostel, owner was top notch and personable, all the staff was friendly & helpful. Hostel was clean,chill atmosphere, big kitchen, able to book great activities through them (we had the most amazing day trip to guatape booked through black sheep). Possibly one of my favourite hostels I have ever stayed at.

Thanks a lot for the comments. I/ we appreciate them

The staff at The Black Sheep were really helpful and friendly. Our double room was big enough. The hostel is basically like a small hotel and it was tidy and with a good atmosphere. The kitchen was quite small and it got a bit crowded, but was clean. If I had to go back to Medellin I would go back to The Black Sheep.

Really thought the staff was great at this hostel. They were very friendly, and always willing to call a cab or help in any way. Juliana was awesome and super friendly.

I really enjoyed this hostel. The reception staff (including owner) were great. The one girl at the desk even remembered my name! We got a double bed private with private bath. It was on the third floor. The bath had a sky light so it was always luminous. The window opened and there was a fan and cable tv. The common areas were great, public pcs, and tvs for watching the world cup. Also, I do recommend the Sunday barbecue.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4