Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

Stayed only for one night in the private twin. There's no breakfast, not even complimentary coffee so need to buy at the supermarket. The zona rosa is a 15-20 minutes by walking or a short taxi ride.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Israel

Hi Ben you are right we don't have breakfast. but if you walk into the kitchen you will find complimentary coffee and tea pretty much all day long

Perfect hostel. Very social with great patio and hammocks upstairs, but also quiet rooms to chill if you want away from the duff duff of happy budha. Great spot. Friendly staff. Best hostel I've styed in this trip

The hostel was one of the roomiest and cleanliest I have ever stayed in. The amenities offered were also very nice, such as towels, computers, hammocks, and a small "store." My largest concern is with the location. None of my taxis knew where the hostel was. The sign on the building was TOO SMALL. Street-side signage needs to be implemented. Also, the front staff aren't super friendly. I never felt anyone would go out of their way to help me.

Great hostel. Great staff. Great location. Great facilities. Needs to be cleaned more frequently.

Staff are extremely helpful, great social atmosphere, very clean!

Awesome place! Kelvin is great!

It was easy to meet other backpackers here as many were travelling alone. The guy that owns the hostel is very rude and has no time for anyone. The bathroom door in my dorm didn't lock and I had food stolen from the kitchen which I know isn't the fault of the hostel. It was the people I met here that made the stay worthwhile rather than the hostel itself.

Great value for the money. Staff were really exceptional, Kelvin especially. Hostel also has lots of suggestions for must-do day trips and activities making it easy to plan your time in the city. Near metro and located in nice, safe area. Nice place to relax with lots of common areas. Rooms weren't anything special but a comfortable place to sleep at night. Weren't enough lockers when we first arrived but eventually one opened up late on our first night.

Enjoyed my stay here very much, staff is very friendly and helpful. Beds are comfortable and everything is very clean, although the dorms and the rest of the hostel could do with some paintings or any decoration ;) Kitchen is very well equipped and the common areas are great. Only about 10 minutes walk to the metro. Try the sunday BBQ ;)

Really helpful staff, super clean and great showers. Excellent value for money.

Well situated hostel, close to the metro, a supermarket and the partyzone poblado! It is very clean and the stuff is very friendly. On top of that they offer great tours at good prices! Very easy to meet people if travelling alone, also great BBQ on sunday evening!

This is very good hostel for meeting people and is within walking distance of most places you'd want to go. The WiFi was fast and never went out. I was impressed with the rooms - while I had booked a single, I was placed in a double. It was very spacious and had a large bathroom, so far as hostels go. The only minor gripe I had was that my fan was very loud and didn't do a good job of keeping the room cool. At any rate, I'd recommend Black Sheep Medellin.

This is one of the best run hostels that I've stayed in. Everything is managed well and the place is in an amazing location close to the metro and huge supermarket. Juliana at reception is always helpful and welcoming you with a smile. The BBQ night was great and their Guatepe day trip was loads of fun. As it is a large hostel, I found it can sometimes lack that easy to meet people vibe that smaller places have but saying that, I can't fault it in any other way!

Room was very hot compared to rest of hostel. Beds were a bit shaky for the person on the top bunk. Toilets were a bit dirty in the evenings. But, very good location, price was reasonable, friendly staff, good atmosphere.

Great stay, there is no common bar/music area but still a very good atmosphere. Get there sunday for the BBQ. Staff very helpful and knowledgable of the area and can book a range of tours for you. 1 other downside is that there is no air con of any kind in the rooms and when the sun comes in in the morning it can mean you get uncomfortably hot VERY quick.

Great hostel. Good atmosphere and would be good for meeting new friends. Staff are excellent. Would be good to have a few more toilets though. One per floor isn't many and pretty difficult to keep clean and smelling fresh all day! Location is good. It's a walk away from the nightlife though.

Loved this hostel, the staff were really friendly and helpful, had two nice terraces and a courtyard, dorm was clean and comfortable. Good location in Poblado, very safe and walkable distance to all the bars and restaurants. Would definitely recommend.

Loved my stay at the Black Sheep. The walking tour is the best I´ve ever done and the Guatape trip was great too, with excellent food. The girls at reception are super helpful and friendly too. The only downside is that there is no breakfast included or available onsite, but that is a minor complaint. Rooms were clean and a decent size, just a little stuffy if you were in one without a fan.

I loved the Black Sheep, it's atmosphere is welcoming and friendly and it's a very social hostel so is great for meeting fellow travelers. The staff are incredibly helpful and nice (except one surly guy who works sometimes at night!), and their catalogue of day trips is absolutely fantastic.

The place is very near from the metro station and the staff is very helpful

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4