Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

Only stayed the one night passing back through medellin for a flight, but black sheep seemed like a pretty sweet hostel. Better than the others I stayed in last time round. Social yet not super party, really good vibe. Kitchen, good Internet, and really helpful staff! Would definitely stay again next time

Apart from the dickheads who kept turning the lights on all night while we were sleeping, this place is awesome. Recommend staying especially for the comfy tv room and the owner is very helpful

Well run hostel with good facilities and great for meeting people or just chillin.

Great place. Perfect launchpad for Medellin. The owner was fantastic, very thorough and offered great advice. Our double private room was spacious, private and secure. Really enjoyed our stay and would stay there again withough hesitation.

As a Bogotá resident, I visit Medellín regularly and always stay here. Solid choice, everything you need to know about the city, very good value for money, very well organised and staffed unlike many hostels in Colombia. May not be the biggest party hostel in the world but most people there are mainly after a chilled beer in the garden and it's great for that. To be honest if you go to Medellín to party in the hostel you're missing out.

great communal area to meet people and the owner was great! good hot shower, close to shops,

I loved the hostel and I'll be back while in Medellin. The staff is really polite and helpful, rooms spacious and clean, large and equipped kitchen, patio and big screen TV! 10 minutes walk from the metro station, safe neighborhood and walking distance to nice restaurants and bars.

Clean, friendly staff, the tours they organise are all very good, I had a good time!

If you book early it is definitely a steal! If you walk in it is still worth the money! I recommend it.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • Colombia

I stayed in the hostel over the weekend and have no complaints. It is a very friendly and social hostel with good common areas and a great kitchen. The staff and ezpacially the owner are very helpful and go out of their way to ensure you enjoy your visit. Recommended and would stay again!

I was delighted to arrive at the hostel at a much delayed time--bus broke down from Cartagena, unfortunately. The young man at the desk, Andreas, greeted me and took me to the designated room, carrying part of my luggage and gave me a towel and a cold bottled water. The next morning, I met the talented JULIANA, who answered most of my questions pertainig to the bank--money exchange kiosks--bus terminal and schedule, etc for my final bus trip to Bogota, sightseeing, city tour, etc. I was fully s

• 6th Dec 2013

nothing to complain! very good facilities, close to Metro station, nice and safe neibhorhood, very good aqnd organised staff!! very good free walking tour!

Beware, hostel does not accept any kind of card payments and we were not warned at check in causing major disruption when checking out.

The large sign behind the reception clearly states we only accept cash. Also when making a booking on Hostelworld it states that the remainder is due upon arrival. if you had paid or attempted to pay on arrival you would not have had a problem.

We only stayed for one night but this hostel was very accomodating. They offered advice and help for booking onward travel, had all of our laundry cleaned and dried, and reccommended places to eat nearby. In a very nice neighbourhood with a great coffee shop around the corner. Private room was clean and the shared bathrooms were always in good shape as well.

Super-friendly and accommodating staff and owner. My only issue was that it seemed that all the guests wanted to cook their own dinners, and the two cutting boards and single 5-burner cooktop in the kitchen were hardly adequate. Hot water--or lack thereof--was sometimes a problem in my third-floor bath, but Kelvin (the owner) said he was considering installing another hot water heater for that floor. I would unquestionably stay there again.

Good points: Closest to metro, good facilities:kitchen, laundry, computers, big comfortable beds. Not so good points:20 min walk from Zona Rosa centre, other hostels closer, lacked character

Awesome place to stay, everything you need, very popular. Trying hard not to be a party hostel and mostly succeeds. Definitely recommend.

It was, over all, a very nice stay. I really liked the hostel and the staff was very kind and helpful. I only wish that the first floor had one more bathroom and one more shower.

Very good and spacious rooms (at least what concerns the private rooms). Good and fast Wifi every where at hostel. It is for sure - if not the best ever - at least one of the best hostels I have ever stayed. I extended my stay up to one week.

We stayed in a double room that was pretty good, almost like an European 3 star hotel, except AC. I would stay again!