Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

Traveling for 2 years. And really one of the best hostels in my trip.

Black Sheep hostel was nice and in a nice location (although our taxi had trouble finding it!). Our room (private) was very nice - almost like a hotel room! The hostel had lots of communal areas which was great, although there wasn't much atmosphere while we were there, maybe cos it was a Tuesday! The staff were helpful in giving us some tips about the city and you can book tours and things through them. Overall would definitely recommend.

Good hostel. Lots of English speakers in the crowd here. Nice Kitchen facillities, and good location to the metro and bus station. Staff were very helpful and gave good instructions on public transit to get to the paragliding locations for a couple of non spanish speaking travelers.

Lovely and very helpful staff. The Room was cleaned regularly. Had a great time in the black sleep. I will definitely recommend to others

I had a great time here,wasn't cramped at all and well set up and run

Good hostel in a great house. Really friendly and professional staff. Location is good - being in Poblado and close to metro, but is a good 10-15 minute walk uphill to Poblado's nightlife. Bathrooms were sometimes dirty but with one shower/toilet shared between a dorm of 8-10, they would inevitably get that way on account of the considerable traffic they receive!

I enjoyed the atmosphere and staff at this hostel. The location was a little strange and even cab drivers got lost..more than one. It was pretty clean. Great tour to Guatape with Raf! A big highlight of the time there. Too much door slaming though at night, they need to be fixed, esp if your room is next to the bathroom. Overall good hostel in a more quiet part of the city.

Pros: communal rooms & location Cons: not the most nicest staff or the most clean bathrooms

I stayed in a spacious twin room which felt like accommodation in a hotel rather than the average hostel. Facilities are excellent and the hostel is efficiently run. The location is good and close to a metro station. It was my second time here and I highly recommend the hostel.

Calvin is awesome.. the hostel is great.. the Spanish lessons are fantastic. its close to all the bars and they offer advice on tours and directions to everywhere else!

Great hostel. Kelvin is legit. As honest as they come.

Comfortable place to stay, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and fairly priced.

Was very impressed with Black Sheep Hostel Medellin. We had originally booked for one night and ended up extending for another two nights. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and slept wonderfully. Very clean and secure. The staff was kind, wonderful and very helpful. Was in a charming neighborhood. We did the day trip to Guatape - would highly suggest this trip.

I really enjoyed this hostel. The owners and staff were excellent. The area was beautiful. Very comfortable to walk around and explore. The hostel was well laid-out, clean, and had plenty of space to chill. I loved the hammocks and outdoor patio on the 3rd floor. If I ever come back to Medellin, I would stay here again.

security is ok, location is good, near to the metro station, staff is ok, some of them are a little bit unfriendly, there are not enough bathrooms, in 10 bed dorm one bathroom, 8 bed dorm one bathroom and one shared bathroom for the others, there is mold in the bathrooms, rooms are very sticky (airless) and small. internet is very slow. prices are to high for the dorms. value for the money is very poor.

+: Very welcoming staff, very good location. Great trips organized ( El Penol Rock!) -: very simple amenities (good value for money though), room humid I'd recommend the black sheep hotel to anyone willing to spend a good time in Medellin.

• 15th Dec 2014

Bathrooms are very disgusting one had dried up puke on toilet for my entire stay 3 nights... Night staff is extreamly rude. They are really good at helping you book stuff esp the evening girl. Super cool. Roof top to chill out and have some drinks. Great kitchen. Everyone gets kicked out of roof top at 12 n they take for ever to open door on arrival.

Great stay here for 3 nights - good facilities, clean and pretty quiet. Hostel helped us organise our trips and there's plenty of social spaces available in and outside of the hostel.

good location, 10 min walk from metro station. i think it is rather expensive for a dorm. only a few bathrooms.

My 2nd time staying at this Hostel. Just as good as the first time. Very attentive staff. Recommended without a doubt.

• 10th Dec 2014