Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

Great hostal! Really nice staff! We had a room at the 3th floor were the WiFi was great! Great info about sightseeing! Close to metro station (free walking tour starts here)! Bakery around the corner. Nice place!!

The bloke at reception in the mornings was very good, had lots of helpful hints for Medellin, and Life. Lots of good spaces to converse with beer or coffee, I found this Hostel to be quite social, I met a few good ppl here that I got on with well. But also found that after I left, a lot of ppl recognised me from stayn at this hostel, in other destinatios around Colombia. If the situation arose, I would choose to stay here again - which is the what everything boils down to in the end, eh.

I have a great time, everything was awesome, just two small things that could make the hostel better is another fridge and a bigger wifi signal! After that I highly recommended!

Good hostel with better atmosphere, facilities onsite are more than good but the best thing is the trips organised by the hostel. Great BBQ on Sunday's, regular trips to Guatapé and Santa Fé, they even managed to secure me a ticket for the Colombian league final.

The hostel is locaded in a nice neigbourhood, 10min walk from the metro. The staff was helpful. They have bbq on sundays which was great. But the hostel could definetely need some upgrading. I stayed in a 10bed dorm, with a tiny shared bathroom. The ceiling in the bathroom was just big flakes of painting. The shower sone was leaking so the whole floor got wet. The bathroom has a window to the backyard where they hang up laundrey, so remember to close it before using the bathroom...

Great staff, great tours, close walk into main Zona Rosa. Good facilities. Perfect! Loved it!

The hostel is a little too big, so it is quite noisy. Also, the wifi cannot handle all the guests. But it is very well located and the staff is nice.

• 27th May 2015
  • Romania

No wifi!! Otherwise the place was great, and the staff was amazing.

Good, quit place to stay. Good tour offers! Only Wifi isn't very stabil!

1.) Juliana is awesome. over the top friendly and accommodating to your needs. I have no idea how she remembered my name from the moment I checked in to when I checked out 3 days later. 2.) I stayed in a private room and it was very nice and clean. The shower had awesome pressure and really hot water. 3.) the atmosphere is not a party vibe, but its extremely social. 4.)its a hike to get to the park area, but totally doable. I'd def stay here again!

Fantastic staff. Nice facilities. Would definitely recommend.

Guatape tour is a must through the hostel. Great showers. Comfy beds. Great hostel

this place was awesome, it was my little oasis while I explored Medellin. The staff, especially Julianna, were what stuck out to me. While I was there for a short brief of time, Julianna gracefully helped me situate myself and deal with some trouble I had and even denied a tip. How lovely! -Angel

• 12th May 2015

Only stopped off for a 1 night due to traveling times. It is ideal for those catching early bus/trains from either north or South terminals. The private room is nothing special, but the hot showers that I missed so much were fantastic! Kitchen good size, outdoor area is small. Apologies I cannot offer a more helpful review!

Thanks for your comments We do have four different outdoor areas though. Two patios, one large balcony and one very large terrace with several hammocks couches and outdoor tables etc. you must have missed these. We do have great hot showers. You are right there. Thanks again

Very pleasant, chilled and social vibe at this hostel in a quiet part of Poblado. Several pleasant in- and outdoor common areas. No breakfast included but free tea and coffee and a large kitchen to use

Stayed a week in a private room on the ground floor. The first night had a unusual heat wave, our room was like an oven. Asked the Kiwi guy for a fan and wasn't a problem. I found all the staff really friendly and very informative of the whole area. The free coffee in the morning will always win points also the hot showers where amazing. The chill out areas are will setup espically the movie/TV room. Wifi works really well. Medellin is clearly my fav city also helps The Black Sheep add to that!

Great location in Poblado, easy and safe walking to Zona Rosa, or a short taxi ride away, close to the metro. Feels safe and secure, lockers are in the hallway. Showers are well looked after. Good atmosphere to meet people or to relax in a hammock or by the TV. Staff is great except for the night guy. Good wifi.

The front desk agents were very helpful. The metro station is close by as well as a very large super market where you can find everything.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Black Sheep isn't a place with mixed nationalities and that's the problem of it. People don't socialize and are not polite in this place. People just go to this place to crash, not to make friends. The hostel is too quiet. It's in a safe area in El Poblado but 20 min away from Parque Lleras. Staff is great but I think security is poor.

Were not babysitters. Its not a high school dance. You got to put yourself out there to meet people. We average 70 people a night from on average ten plus countries. I don't know. I give up

Staff were brilliant! Rooms were big and clean, lots of space ro put your things. TV room was good and kitchen big and clean.1 thing: not enough bathrooms.