Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

this place was awesome, it was my little oasis while I explored Medellin. The staff, especially Julianna, were what stuck out to me. While I was there for a short brief of time, Julianna gracefully helped me situate myself and deal with some trouble I had and even denied a tip. How lovely! -Angel

• 12th May 2015

Only stopped off for a 1 night due to traveling times. It is ideal for those catching early bus/trains from either north or South terminals. The private room is nothing special, but the hot showers that I missed so much were fantastic! Kitchen good size, outdoor area is small. Apologies I cannot offer a more helpful review!

Thanks for your comments We do have four different outdoor areas though. Two patios, one large balcony and one very large terrace with several hammocks couches and outdoor tables etc. you must have missed these. We do have great hot showers. You are right there. Thanks again

Very pleasant, chilled and social vibe at this hostel in a quiet part of Poblado. Several pleasant in- and outdoor common areas. No breakfast included but free tea and coffee and a large kitchen to use

Stayed a week in a private room on the ground floor. The first night had a unusual heat wave, our room was like an oven. Asked the Kiwi guy for a fan and wasn't a problem. I found all the staff really friendly and very informative of the whole area. The free coffee in the morning will always win points also the hot showers where amazing. The chill out areas are will setup espically the movie/TV room. Wifi works really well. Medellin is clearly my fav city also helps The Black Sheep add to that!

Great location in Poblado, easy and safe walking to Zona Rosa, or a short taxi ride away, close to the metro. Feels safe and secure, lockers are in the hallway. Showers are well looked after. Good atmosphere to meet people or to relax in a hammock or by the TV. Staff is great except for the night guy. Good wifi.

The front desk agents were very helpful. The metro station is close by as well as a very large super market where you can find everything.

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Black Sheep isn't a place with mixed nationalities and that's the problem of it. People don't socialize and are not polite in this place. People just go to this place to crash, not to make friends. The hostel is too quiet. It's in a safe area in El Poblado but 20 min away from Parque Lleras. Staff is great but I think security is poor.

Were not babysitters. Its not a high school dance. You got to put yourself out there to meet people. We average 70 people a night from on average ten plus countries. I don't know. I give up

Staff were brilliant! Rooms were big and clean, lots of space ro put your things. TV room was good and kitchen big and clean.1 thing: not enough bathrooms.

Awesome, freindly, knowledgeable, helpful staff.

Great hostel. It's really big compared to the other ones I have seen. Everything was well kept and has a more modern feel to it. The staff went out of their way to help out and even though there were a lot of people there they still remembered my name.

Clean, quiet, receptionists were very helpful, no complaints! Perfect if you want to stay near-ish the metro to explore elsewhere in the city. Although if you want to really feel like you're in the Poblado neighborhood, close to awesome cafes, parks, and nightlife I'd recommend moving to a hostel closer to Parque Lleras.

Pretty cool place with nice staff that will help you book future travel. In a nice upper class area of town. A bit on the further side from the main area of bars and restaurants in Zona Rosa (20 min walk). Cheap beer at the hostel and free coffee are always a plus! A good balance of being laid back but not boring with a good atmosphere. Stay here.

I found the Black Sheep a popular hostel, located conveniently near the local Poblado metro station. It had a decent sociable atmosphere and a number of good common areas - I particularly liked the hammocks on the roof terrace! The staff were very helpful and informed about the area. The only criticism I would have is that the bathrooms are a little small and could use updating. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend to others.

Lovely hostel, have recommended it a few times since my visit. Lovely owners, helped organise taxis, tours and everything else we needed. Can't wait to come back!

One of the best hostels I've ever seen. Close to the metro station of Poblado, nice and helpfull staff and a clean hostel. We stayed here almost one week. The private ensuite room is like a good hotel room. De quarter around the hostel is somewhat upscale and it's hard to find a cheap restaurant in Poblado. You can find a good one near Parque Poblado: a stylish pizzeria with very good pizza's and pastas. For normal Colombian paisa food, you can better go to Medellins working class hero center.

The black sheep is a great place to stay in a really nice part of town. Only 15min walk to the main square and loads of bars and restaraunts close by. The hostel does great tours and day trips and all of the staff members here are extremely helpful and friendly can't think of anything bad to say about this hostel. It's not a party hostel but that is not a bad thing at all. Definitely recommend this place for people of all ages.

Great kiwi run hostel. Walking distance to supermarket, great restaurants/bars. Good hostel organised tours. Nice atmosphere, social but allows a good sleep too. Good kitchen with everything to cook for yourself. Wifi good. Would stay again.

Great stuff, super helpful! good location (walking distance from the bars). Awesome kitchen and common area.. cleanliness got 3/5 since most of the time bathrooms (both in the dorm and common ones) were dirty.. I stayed in the 10bed mixed dorm which was big enough but the top bunk bed is SUPER close to the ceiling and they need to re-paint the room since the paint is peeling bedly.. overall great atmosphere and I would reccomened anyone to stay there and take their amazing Guatape tour!!

Nice hostel in a good location. Bathrooms were a bit messy at times. There are lots of dorm rooms so at times the amount of people was overwhelming. Juliana was an amazing host, the other guys working the front desk weren't so nice and one played guitar on his night shift which we could clearly hear all night.

Nice hostel, really clean and great helpful staff. Not that close to restaurants about a 30 minute walk so if you want to be near cafes and etc I'd find something a bit closer to zona rosa.