Black Sheep Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 5A #45-133, Patio Bonito, Medellin, Colombia

Most would be happy with location as 10 minute walk from either Metro or Parque Lleras. Staff super helpful & friendly with good english. Also in a very clean area of the city.

• 31st Dec 2015

Kelvin and his staff are amazing. Always willing to help. The fridge is a bit messy but thats the backpackers fault I believe for not throwing out their food before they leave. Lots of showers and toilets around. Comfy beds. Short distance to walk to the metro. The kitchen is open until midnight which gives you plenty of time to cook. Lots of places to sit and have some quiet time, while there are also areas to meet people as well. 15 min walk to the party area. Very easy

Great! Loved the day tour to Guatapé as well as the City Walking Tour. Both we were able to book through the hostel. Excellent value.

Very nice hostel in a great location. The rooms are spacious, the facilities in the hostel are nice. The airflow in some of the bedrooms isn't great, which means the rooms can get hot at times. Not a major issue, but something to look into. Thanks for a nice stay.

• 27th Dec 2015

The private rooms seemed more like a hotel than a hostel. Staff were very helpful and gave lots of advice on what to do during our time in Medellin. Its close to a metro stop so it's easy to get around.

The staff at the hostel were very helpful and informative.

• 18th Dec 2015

The black sheep is a great place to stay while in Medellin! It's in a quiet neighborhood, but still only a 10 min walk to the parks and party places. Comfy beds, clean rooms, nice kitchen. It's a very social hostel, but after 11 it's quiet so you can sleep if you're tired or go out!

I really liked this hostel. It's really close to the Metro, it's not a party hostel but definitely has atmosphere, and there's a rooftop if you need to chill out or relax. Some of the staff were super helpful but some-- not so much. But overall it's a good stay. Also good wifi

Great hostel, staff were so lovely. We did all our tours through here too and we found them all amazing. The fastest internet I think I have ever had in my life, even through peek hostel time. We had a private room and it was great, shared bathrooms could use a little updating, shower heads were pretty pathetic but that's my only complaint. Close enough to the party zone 15min walk. Would stay again if I return

The fans supplied in the dorm rooms have no effect on the top bunks which can make it very hot at night

Would agree with other reviewers that this hostel is very social without being a party hostel, which I thought was the perfect balance. I could easily sleep at night but also easily found people to go out with. Overall, cleanliness in the rooms was good, but could be improved in the bathrooms. The proximity to the metro station is great. That along with the social aspect of the hostel make it one of the better choices in my opinion. Would stay again.

• 14th Dec 2015

Few bathrooms for so many people. Last night our room was located next to the reception/social area and it was very loud/music playing/impossible to sleep until 2am.

staff mixed bag. people when I in. interestedgave information . there lots area .owner decent unfortunately only checking after nights. only reason I poor, is fact the dorm constantly muddy foot prints. incapable a without flooding floor. in water and footprints everywhere. Not the hostel's fault but perhaps leave a mop the bathroom , and have a no shoes the dorm. There was often a patio that the atmosphere was really. Poorly equipped dorm inadequate for the using it.

• 12th Dec 2015

Great atmosphere, very social but not too loud. Decent kitchen although a few cockroaches. Rooms and beds are nice with great bathrooms but a couple of guys in my dorm had money and a phone stolen one night. Nice location on a quiet street.

Good hostel in safe area in Medellin. A restaurant and party area is close as well as the metro station. Hostel has some really nice tours to offer as well. I would definitely recommend the Guatape/Penol trip with Van Por Colombia!

Dorm rooms - some of the beds are shocking, I had a top bunk with about 30cm space between it and the roof. Also in the dorm, there are no spots to put your bag, they are just piled on top of each other. And there are no lockers in the dorms either. Plus, got in late, the receptionist was much more interested in 4wd youtube videos then showing me where my room was or anything else for that matter.

Staff are superb here, making your stay enjoyable. A good non-cIiquey social vibe here, compared to the so-called party hostels, and you get a decent night's sleep as it's quiet after midnight, as you're away from the clubs; but only a 10 minute walk away should you want to party. Great place for watching movies and all sports with their huge screen. Close to supermarket and metro station. Ticked all my boxes.

This was a great hostel to meet people and to relax. I really enjoyed my stay and also stayed a lot longer. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I hope to return again one day. Thank-You!

This place is a little bit of a walk from the main tourist area of Poblado. Besides that minor blemish it is a near perfect hostel.

Excellent hostal. Is not a party hostal, but you can find a lot of people to go party or simply, you are able to stay in the hostal and chill with a beer, a coffee, etc. Really clean and the hostal attracts great people.