Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

Nice hostel, nice atmosphere but they could clean the few toiletts more often

It was one of the best Hostels I've ever been to-great furnishing like sockets in the lockers, clean and new bathrooms and kitchen, small breakfast included. Location was quiet but only around 10 min by foot away from la rambla.

nice and good services!

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

Everything was great! The only comment, the showers turn off automatically too soon

Fantastic! Had a great time there and met a lot of new people. Would recommend this! Don't go to the pubcrawl though.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

An excellent place to stay. The staff were friendly and very helpful, the rooms were clean, spacious with large lockers for extra security. Location of the hostel was excellent although can be tricky to find at first. The toilets and showers although fairly clean were rather tiny and cramped. Upbeat atmosphere without being too loud or troublesome and as a solo traveller it seemed fairly easy to meet other people. Free breakfast too was a great added bonus. Wish I could have stayed longer!

The hostel had everything one needs in a hostel: helpful staff, clean rooms and bathrooms, free breakfast, use of computers. It is close to the city center on foot. The staff eve helped me print my boarding passes and tickets.Very modern and cozy, would definetely stay there again next time I visit Barcelona.

Black swan is near two tube station and the train station and easy to find. The staf is young and great, speak a great english. The room was clean with thing to lock you valuable stuff. The Black sawn propse some activities for visit the city by day or night and I think is great.

I liked the hostel very much. The rooms were big and the bathrooms and showers were clean.. But the best was the staff, that was very nice, specially when I was robbed all my stuff (passport, money, credits cards, etc, etc). They were very supportive, especially the Italian guy and the other guy that speaks English, who were the ones who knew about the robbery. Even after having left the hostel the last day I came back to use the computers and thy accepted me and even offered to phone!thanks!!!

This hostel was amazing. Atmosphere was awesome (very open, always someone to talk to), security was top notch (24 hour reception who check who can enter and who can't),location was perfect (5 minutes walking from the city center, and 10-15 minutes to the beach), staff was also great, especially Rafael and Michelle, who always showed us around and helped us out. GO HERE, I'm going back :)

• 13th Aug 2014

Had a grea time at the Black Swan hostel. The kitchen was nice and large, the rooms are clean and decently quiet. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Michelle C. was a super helpful and fun host. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone staying in Barcelona.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Esaimartinez

Black Swan is very well located! Very close to everything!! The showers are very good and the staff is very helpfull. Barcelona is great!!

Cool place with cool staff!

• 8th Aug 2014

This place has a really nice feel to it. Laid back but very social also. Many different nationalities. The night I stayed there I went in a free walking tour of Barcelona and then pub crawl that night. It is all very clean and the locker security is great. The kitchen is well equipped and there is a supermarket just down the street. It is in a location that makes exploring the heart of Barcelona easy. Could of stayed much longer.

I enjoy my stay in the hostel, is very clean, the room was nice and the kitchen was new so can cook easily Special thanks to Raquel she help on everything, I hope other people enjoy like I did Muchas gracias!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Colombia

The hostel is located in a very convenient spot, about 20 minute walk from the Barcaloneta Beach and about 25 from Las Ramblas. There is also a metro a couple of blocks away to make transportation easier. The lockers are huge and are located inside the room so that's definitely a plus.

A little expensive for what you get, which in my opinion, is on okay hostel. Pretty clean with a fairly friendly staff and a good location not far from Las Ramblas. There's a decent grocery store nearby too, which is nice. My biggest beef with Black Swan is with the showers. In addition to smelling moldy, they're just set up really poorly. Bad lighting in the showers, timed water spouts you have to keep pressing in and nowhere to put your stuff except one tiny bench that used to be a shower.

I liked the atmosphere that you can feel in the hostel, all the workers of that hostel make you feel like in a family. I want to make a special thanksgiving to Giuseppe that, with his joy of living, made me feel welcome since the first day.

• 24th Jul 2014

The breakfast was poor compared to other hostels I saw this summer. I think it would make a huge difference if in addition to cereal and milk there would be some toast, butter, jam and maybe some yougurt. Apart from that everything was perfect.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Romania

I slept in an 10 women dorm and it was quiet - itonly some women packed their stuff very early in the morning. I haven`t used the kitchen but it seemed to be a clean place where people hang out. bathroom and toilet was clean. lockers were avaible at the room. I missed some pigeonhole at the bathroom. staff was helpful. they have 2 different wlan- I couldn`t use this at my room (don`t know if I should have a facebook account to use it). I would sleep there next time again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4