Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

I really liked their guided activities, with cooking dinners together and pub crawls there was always something to do. Quentin, Rodry, and the brunette at the front desk were especially friendly!

The staff was very friendly, the place is modern and mattresses are good for a hostel. This is a smaller hostel among all the party hostels of Barcelona, with evening activities to let the travellers meet. This is definitely a hostel for lone travellers!

• 21st Apr 2015

My friend and I had a great time at the Black Swan Hostel. The rooms had a pleasant design and were clean. The staff was very friendly and the activities were fun to participate in. Plus, you get everywhere very quickly! There were only two little flaws: 1. Instead of typing in a password once you had to like the hostel's Facebook page every time you wanted to connect to the Wifi. 2. There were no hair dryers as announced in the description.

Totally loved the staff and the atmosphere of it all. Everything was clean and made for a great stay in Barcelona. I kind of wish the pillows were more comfortable, but overall it was one of the best hostels that I have stayed at.

• 19th Apr 2015

Wonderful experience!I really enjoy staying in this hostel. And the staff here are very nice and helpful.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • China

Great buzzing atmosphere! Very easy to meet people! Perfect for the solo traveller! The guy with the dreadlocks was super helpful and friendly as was everyone working there! Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Barcelona!

I really loved the location and the treatment we had. Although the entrance doesn't have a big sign indicating, it was still easy to find.

• 15th Apr 2015

Really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was awesome and super fun, they took us out, made food for us and were overall super friendly and nice. The location is prime as well. Just a short walk to Plaça Catalunya and the Gothic Quarter. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff were not only professional, but treated you as their friend. Excellent environment!

• 11th Apr 2015

I'll be honest: the staff at Black Swan asked me rate them 100%, but I'm more than happy to do so not only because it's good for my wallet, but because this really is an excellent hostel. I've stayed in many hostels across 4 continents, and Black Swan is one of the better ones. Quiet & central location, professional but chilled staff (Rodry was especially attentive), firm beds, big rooms with AC/open windows, clean and excellent web access. You could do a lot worse.

• 10th Apr 2015

Rodry was very sweet and very helpfull!!

• 7th Apr 2015

I were really happy in that hostal, because it is no partyhostal. it is very familiar and you feel all the time welcome. Rastaman is funny chilled guy-thou thank him and the rest of the team for the great time. Everything is clean and i can only recomment it to everyone. the guys who are checked in are normaly over 20 so it is nice and not to young... Thanks for the good time...if i am back im barcelona again, i will be back.

The owner, Nacho, runs a great hostel, and his staff are friendly and helpful. This hostel prides itself on giving customers a great service. They even let you use the facilities all day after you've checked out.

• 6th Apr 2015

Very nice hostel within a 15 minutes walk from Placa Catalunya and 5 Minutes to the Arc de Triomf. Supermarkets and Restaurants are around.

Perfect located nearby pretty much everything; metro, bus, city icons, etc...

Fantastic experience! Great location and the staff (Will Bartlett and Josh in particular) we're so helpful with everything I asked. I'd defo return.

The black swan is a great place for solo travellers. It is well located and has many activities that enable you to meet people. The only downside are the bathrooms and the showers, which are extremely tiny, far and uncomfortable.

I've stayed in plenty of Hostles in my time, but if I'm honest this one is by far the best one I've stayed at. It's centrally located to nearly everything, las Ramblas is a short walk away, the only thing that isn't walking distance is park guell, but the Park is far away from pretty much everything. The staff in very nice and helpful, the rooms are always clean, the wifi is reliable, and my personal favorite part: some of the rooms have balconies overlook the street.

• 30th Mar 2015

The hostel was great! The staffs are cool especially rafa and josh! Thankyou guys!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

Best hostel I've stayed at made more so by the amazing vibe and friendly atmosphere it encourages. Would definitely stay back here if I get a chance to visit Barcelona again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7