Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

Really enjoyed our stay here. The staff was awesome and super fun, they took us out, made food for us and were overall super friendly and nice. The location is prime as well. Just a short walk to Plaça Catalunya and the Gothic Quarter. Would definitely stay here again!

The staff were not only professional, but treated you as their friend. Excellent environment!

• 11th Apr 2015

I'll be honest: the staff at Black Swan asked me rate them 100%, but I'm more than happy to do so not only because it's good for my wallet, but because this really is an excellent hostel. I've stayed in many hostels across 4 continents, and Black Swan is one of the better ones. Quiet & central location, professional but chilled staff (Rodry was especially attentive), firm beds, big rooms with AC/open windows, clean and excellent web access. You could do a lot worse.

• 10th Apr 2015

I were really happy in that hostal, because it is no partyhostal. it is very familiar and you feel all the time welcome. Rastaman is funny chilled guy-thou thank him and the rest of the team for the great time. Everything is clean and i can only recomment it to everyone. the guys who are checked in are normaly over 20 so it is nice and not to young... Thanks for the good time...if i am back im barcelona again, i will be back.

The owner, Nacho, runs a great hostel, and his staff are friendly and helpful. This hostel prides itself on giving customers a great service. They even let you use the facilities all day after you've checked out.

• 6th Apr 2015

Very nice hostel within a 15 minutes walk from Placa Catalunya and 5 Minutes to the Arc de Triomf. Supermarkets and Restaurants are around.

Fantastic experience! Great location and the staff (Will Bartlett and Josh in particular) we're so helpful with everything I asked. I'd defo return.

The black swan is a great place for solo travellers. It is well located and has many activities that enable you to meet people. The only downside are the bathrooms and the showers, which are extremely tiny, far and uncomfortable.

I've stayed in plenty of Hostles in my time, but if I'm honest this one is by far the best one I've stayed at. It's centrally located to nearly everything, las Ramblas is a short walk away, the only thing that isn't walking distance is park guell, but the Park is far away from pretty much everything. The staff in very nice and helpful, the rooms are always clean, the wifi is reliable, and my personal favorite part: some of the rooms have balconies overlook the street.

• 30th Mar 2015

The hostel was great! The staffs are cool especially rafa and josh! Thankyou guys!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Philippines

Best hostel I've stayed at made more so by the amazing vibe and friendly atmosphere it encourages. Would definitely stay back here if I get a chance to visit Barcelona again!

I had an absolute blast in Barcelona and Black Swan was the best hostel that I have stayed at. All of the staff make you feel welcome and encourage you to do the activities, which for someone traveling alone really makes your trip so much easier. I particularly liked the free walking tours and found they were a good way to get to know the city. Thanks to Rastaman for being so welcoming and up for a chat, I have fallen in love with Barcelona and will definitely be back staying here. Thanks heaps!

• 28th Mar 2015

I was immediately surprised and delighted by the friendly and hip atmosphere that greeted me at the door. I wish I had stayed more nights and could have participated in the activities they had planned for the week. (They were making paella!) The bedroom, bathroom and kitchen reminded me of a nice college dorm; made for many people but well maintained and functional. I only stayed one night but I would go here again.

• 28th Mar 2015

We wished you have stayed longer as well , but you can always come back and we will be here waiting =) Summer in BCN is really fun and we are excited to do so much more activities out in under the sun! Cheers!

Staff was really cool and nice and helpful. There are chances to meet so many people. Definitely go on the pub crawls that they have!

The stay was awesome. Nice clean hotel with hot water coming out of the showers. The rooms were a little small but the price was great. I met some great people there. I think thar always wins out

This is a good hostel. The two strong points are the great staff and the excellent location. Nothing at all negative to say about the place.h

Lovely hostel! Great location. Clean and tidy. Big lockers to fit your whole backpack. Staff is awesome and really friendly (especially the rasta man). You won't regret staying :-)

Thank you for the comment =) Cheers & happy travels

During my 3-week trip, I stayed in six different cities and six different hostels. This was by far the best hostel we stayed in. The staff was absolutely amazing, and every night they had new activities including make your own pizza, learn to make paella, pub crawl and clubbing, trip to the magic fountain, karaoke, and tapas night out. The atmosphere was incredibly friendly and social. The only issue is that their couch is slouchy ;)

All of the members of the staff I encountered, including Rodry, Fanny, and...forgot his name but he is from London and teaches English in Barcelona, were all VERY friendly and helpful. The hostel was clean, provided lots of fun activities in and amenities in a great location with easy access to the subway. I would recommend it to anyone.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great hostel! Very friendly staff. Lovely time.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7