Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel. Loved staying there

• 16th Nov 2014

Ended up staying five nights at black swan hostel, it has really good kitchen facilities and a nice area to relax in, there are always activities going on and lots of people around. Its in an easily accessible location. Freda who works there made my stay extra special, as she is so bubbly and caring and always took us on a great night out, would stay here again.

• 14th Nov 2014

This Hostel was one of the nicer ones I have been in. I loved staying here!!

• 12th Nov 2014

Great atmosphere and great people. Would recommend again

This was a very nice and clean hostel, but the majority of the people who were staying in the hostel during my trip were not college-age, which is was I'm use to in hostels. Because of this, I felt the atmosphere was not as accepting for college students looking to go out.

• 31st Oct 2014

I have stayed at many different hostels in the past year, but without a doubt the Black Swan is my absolute favorite. I was welcomed by a friendly staff that showed me around the hostel and told me everything I needed to know. What I was most impressed by was the facilities. All the rooms, lockers, bathrooms appear to be very new and updated. Not once during the three nights I stayed there did I feel it was dirty or felt that my personal belongings were not safe. Overall, Black Swan rocked!

• 30th Oct 2014

Would have been better if more charging ports are available but I guess that's good in its own way

This place is the best! The best hostel ever, the staff was great, clean, awesome showers, great set up, perfect location, we had a blast!! The staff even helped us out heaps for the rest of our spain trip, ahhh favourite hostel ever!!

I must say A BIG "thank you" for the staff, they were all awesome, very nice, helpful, open. They make great atmosphere for the hostel and in general offers a lot of useful information and are ready to help. Keep up the good work!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Slovenia

not a lot of space in the bathrooms. but clean overall. and great location and price.

• 10th Oct 2014

It was a really great hostel with cool people. Only the bed rooms were a litte bit too small.

• 10th Oct 2014

the best hostel ever. localization is amazing. 20 inutes to beach, 15 to the city center. Amazing and helpful staff

It definitely worths staying - very cheap in terms of the facilities and services provided! Excellent!

Some of the stuff is very nice but the atmosphere is somehow not so good. It's like lots of individuals

Really nice place to stay. Not a party hostel but still friendly people and lots of nights out on that are sorted by the hostel. Location is ideal i pretty much walked anywhere I needed to and there's shops for food pretty much next door. Very clean and staff are mainly travellers so are very helpful/friendly etc.

• 6th Oct 2014

Very well located hostel and the hostel has activities to do, it helps to socialize with another people. They don't have a good breakfast

It's a nice clean place, pretty quiet too. However kinda tricky to find because the signage is small.

That's a good hostel for fair money. It has everything you need: kitchen, free breakfast, comfortable rooms, lockers with sockets, free internet access. Besides administration offers different kinds of activities (for example, free walking tours or parties). The hostel has a great location, the main sights and transport points are pretty close to it. I liked my stay at it very much.

Majority of staff is very friendly and helpful. Girl with curly brown hair (I’m sorry we forgot your name) hosted a lovely tapas tour (2 October 2014) and really friendly. Antonio had some great recommendations for Rome. Exploring the city with Connie was really fun! Kitchen was clean but a little crowded at all points of the day, but very nice.

Value for money here was excellent, especially relative to the number of people per room, and the staff were lovely. The kitchen is decently equipped (albeit with somewhat rickety pots). Free breakfast was great! Note on mixed rooms: being the only woman in an eight person room one night wasn't very comfortable and I'd have preferred the hostel make me aware of it (most others prevent that especially). As to showers, not great in terms of cleanliness and smell, likely to poor ventilation.

• 24th Sep 2014