Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

Very clean, staff was friendly.

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Awesome Hostel!! Loads of free options to masks everyday and night better. Are a little strict on you sharing your bed with someone

Best hostel I have stayed at. Couldn't be happier with the layout and people who stay there. Staff were great. Lot's of additional activities included for free. Free entry in to major clubs before a certain time which was a bonus. We even got free dinner on two of the nights! Will definitely stay here on future visits.

Staff was great! I met many lifelong friends, and I was thankful for the free breakfast and the free dinners. Showers were a bit cramped and I missed having an outlet that reached the top bunk. Overall, a wonderful place to stay, and I definitely recommend!

The staff was wonderful, especially Vicky!! She took us out all the time even if it was her day off. The hostel has daily/nightly activities and they are all very fun. The hostel is very clean!! The only problem was some of the showers didn't have hot water and the water pressure isn't the greatest. I'm sure that can be fixed easily though.

I'd stay here again. I really enjoyed the enviornment and the staff! They make it feel like a very community place. I would just suggest staying in one of the 4 bed rooms, the 8 person room was a little too much for my comfort. Other than that it was a great stay with decent location.

Excellent hostel. Organized staff with a laid back vibe. Clean facilities and a fair price. Washer and dryer available. Safe and secure. I recommend you book a stay at Black Swan.

• 15th Aug 2015

Excellent place, excellent location the staff were very helpful and friendly. The hostel had a fun but respectable feel about it . One word of warning the free walks are not actually free the girls that take you don't get paid for doing this and make that clear once you are on the walk and ask for donations of what you think they are worth ! This is fine but it would help if it said on the poster before you went so I knew to take money with me. Overall a fab hostel and would def go again.

The staff are really friendly and welcoming. There are loads of activities organized with the hostel, and everyone there were happy to give suggestions on where to go and what to do. Great location with a close by metro stop, some shops, cafe's and bars.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

The reason why I gave value for the money poor is because of how different the price was from a thursday night to a friday night, like a 50 EURO DIFFERENCE for like a 10 bed. I don't know if it was just Spain but this was the only hostel I saw such a significant price difference. Other than that the hostel is great, just a bit too expensive for such a small room.

The staff were so helpful and welcoming and nothing was too much for them! Rodgry was an excellent tour guide and recommended some great places for both food and drinks. Facilities were all good, clean and safe and a lot of fun!

So much fun! Staff was friendly and helped with anything we needed. Anderson did a great job on the pub crawls and took care of everything for us. Definitely recommend black swan.

• 13th Aug 2015

This is a great hostel for young people travelling alone, as well as in groups. It´s a very social hostel with lots of happenings which makes it easy to get to know other people. It had a higher party vibe than I anticipated, and many of the activities are based on alcohol, which is fun if you´re only staying for a short period. There is only one hot shower. Felt safe and secure.

This hostel was fantastic. The staff are super friendly and more than happy to help. We really appreciated the pub crawl and the free dinner and the walking tours. The enthusiasm was contagious. Showers were a little difficult with no shelf to put stuff on. But that's nothing that can't be handled. Would stay here again no problem. It was so close to metros and walking distance to heaps of cool stuff.

The staff were exceptionally helpful in recommending things to see, eat, and do around Barcelona as well as ensuring that my stay was comfortable and stress free. Jenny at the front desk was amazing as she assisted me numerous times whether it be suggesting the best route to a location or helping me get my boarding pass for my flight the next morning! Thanks, Jenny! You were such a huge help!

I think this hostel is great for people that are travelling alone like me! Staff is very helpful and there are many opportunities to get to know other people such as the Pubcrawl and paella cooking! I had a great time there and would book there again! I felt very safe and i also found it helpful that the lockers had a plug socket inside! Thanks for this amazing stay!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

So far one of the best hostels I've stayed at in Barcelona. Staff was helpful with questions and directions to were you wanna go. Hostel offers different activities to do during the week.

Amazing hostel with a great atmosphere and excellent staff! Vicky and Josh are incredible and we had so much fun getting to know them.

Once upon a time I stayed at the Black Swan. 'Twas a lovely stay until a crime. Our booking was divided between 2 reservations, this being the cause of many frustrations. Since the cleaning lady, oh she was mistaken! Under the pretence we were leaving, she was gravely mistaken. She furiously packed my friends items into the lost and found. Unbeknownst to us, to the thighs of a staff member, the shorts were bound! Tl;dr. Stay at the Black Swan Hostel: you'll leave, your personal items will stay.

Staff so welcoming and friendly. Lots of activities planned throughout the week.

• 9th Aug 2015