Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

Absolutely loved this place! Clean, safe, and fun with awesome staff. The location is great too in the sense you aren't surrounded by overpriced tourist traps, but all the tourist fun is a simple metro ride away. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 1st Jul 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff they really accommodate you!

Perhaps it just wasn´t the hostel for me, but I just felt it was very strict and controlled atmosphere. Signs everywhere telling you you can´t do things. No smoking on the balcony is an annoying rule, I understand it is the neighbors that enforce that, but on the signs around the hostel it mentions something about the police coming! Come on! Don´t be so ridiculous. I also felt the beds should have been made for when one arrives. It was nice enough, but it did seem to put style over substance.

• 29th Jun 2015

Nice place, friendly staff. Even the rooms with 10+ beds are spacious. I enjoyed my time and would come again.

• 29th Jun 2015

I had a great time! I very welcomed by staff the other travelers the vibe was really fun. Rasta-man was particularly nice.

rodry is amazing and clearly makes the difference is the friendliest and best guide to discover Barcelona also cooks a delicious paella

It was in a great location and the hostel has different activities going on every night so I never got bored! If I come back to Barcelona, I will stay here again for sure!

I strongly suggest this hostel if you want to have good time in Barcelona! Very friendly and helpful staff. They organize plenty of social activities, you will never get bored. The rooms and the facilities are very clean, you simply have everything you need. The location is very central, you can go everywhere by foot.

The location of the Hostel is perfect. When you arrived Barcelona Nord, on your left hand side, walk only 5 mins. The free walk tour of hostel is awsome as well. I had good expericens in the Gaudi Tour.

Had the best time at the hostel!! It was such an awesome environment to meet people and explore the city! It's hard to find a hostel with this great of a vibe! Not to mention the staff was amazing! Rodry was fantastic and had some great insight about Barcelona that was very helpful for us! Overall one of the best hostels I've stayed at!

Great stay here .. Loved the tunes playing 'don't worry about a thing..' Mellow chilled out with good mix of assistance for you to appreciate the culture and history, the nightlife and the people .. Everything that makes charming Barcelona a great place and full of life

Would definitely come back and stay in the Black Swan again. Met some awesome people and all the staff were great!

I was pleasantly surprised with my first hostel stay. We were immediately greeted upon walking in the door. We weren't able to check in yet but they took our bags, told us to quickly grab breakfast and join the walking tour that started in 10 min. We immediately met a number of people and stayed in touch with them our entire stay. Everyone was so friendly and very fun. We met people from all over the world.

Stayed for 7 nights and couldn't have asked for a better place to stay! Staff fantastic and genuinely interested in your travels and always willing to help. Big shout out to Roddy, Will, Josh and Raffa!. You guys are awesome! Beds really comfy, secure lockers, air con, free breakfast and usually some tasty food in the evening for €3.50. 10 mins from La Ramblas and Plaza Catalunya (airport bus A1 or A2 drops off and p/up here € 5.90 one way). 2 mins to Metro, 15 mins to beach. Def stay again!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Very friendly and accommodating staff!

Good location, near the gothic district with great restaurants, and can walk to the touristy beach. Clean and secure. Negatives are the $3 charge for towels, only cereal for breakfast (no coffee, etc.), and lack of bar or restaurant at the hostel.

The place is great, people is really friendly,, Rodri was great!! ,, excellent host.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Hot showers, safe rooms with free lockers, linens and towels, good kitchen facilities. A great place to meet people and lots of events always going on. Location is decent - about a 10 minute walk to placa de catalunya but definitely need to take the metro to the beach. Near the gothic district with tons of great restaurants and bars.

staff were amazing!

Amazing guys. All the hostel workers are just extended travelers. They love to party, some of the friendliest guys. Just hang around the kitchen. The 14 person room is a bit harder to deal with because someone is always sleeping. The atmosphere is awesome.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7