Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

Black swan is near two tube station and the train station and easy to find. The staf is young and great, speak a great english. The room was clean with thing to lock you valuable stuff. The Black sawn propse some activities for visit the city by day or night and I think is great.

I liked the hostel very much. The rooms were big and the bathrooms and showers were clean.. But the best was the staff, that was very nice, specially when I was robbed all my stuff (passport, money, credits cards, etc, etc). They were very supportive, especially the Italian guy and the other guy that speaks English, who were the ones who knew about the robbery. Even after having left the hostel the last day I came back to use the computers and thy accepted me and even offered to phone!thanks!!!

This hostel was amazing. Atmosphere was awesome (very open, always someone to talk to), security was top notch (24 hour reception who check who can enter and who can't),location was perfect (5 minutes walking from the city center, and 10-15 minutes to the beach), staff was also great, especially Rafael and Michelle, who always showed us around and helped us out. GO HERE, I'm going back :)

• 13th Aug 2014

Had a grea time at the Black Swan hostel. The kitchen was nice and large, the rooms are clean and decently quiet. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Michelle C. was a super helpful and fun host. I highly recommend this hostel for anyone staying in Barcelona.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Esaimartinez

Cool place with cool staff!

• 8th Aug 2014

This place has a really nice feel to it. Laid back but very social also. Many different nationalities. The night I stayed there I went in a free walking tour of Barcelona and then pub crawl that night. It is all very clean and the locker security is great. The kitchen is well equipped and there is a supermarket just down the street. It is in a location that makes exploring the heart of Barcelona easy. Could of stayed much longer.

The hostel is located in a very convenient spot, about 20 minute walk from the Barcaloneta Beach and about 25 from Las Ramblas. There is also a metro a couple of blocks away to make transportation easier. The lockers are huge and are located inside the room so that's definitely a plus.

A little expensive for what you get, which in my opinion, is on okay hostel. Pretty clean with a fairly friendly staff and a good location not far from Las Ramblas. There's a decent grocery store nearby too, which is nice. My biggest beef with Black Swan is with the showers. In addition to smelling moldy, they're just set up really poorly. Bad lighting in the showers, timed water spouts you have to keep pressing in and nowhere to put your stuff except one tiny bench that used to be a shower.

I liked the atmosphere that you can feel in the hostel, all the workers of that hostel make you feel like in a family. I want to make a special thanksgiving to Giuseppe that, with his joy of living, made me feel welcome since the first day.

• 24th Jul 2014

The breakfast was poor compared to other hostels I saw this summer. I think it would make a huge difference if in addition to cereal and milk there would be some toast, butter, jam and maybe some yougurt. Apart from that everything was perfect.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Romania

I slept in an 10 women dorm and it was quiet - itonly some women packed their stuff very early in the morning. I haven`t used the kitchen but it seemed to be a clean place where people hang out. bathroom and toilet was clean. lockers were avaible at the room. I missed some pigeonhole at the bathroom. staff was helpful. they have 2 different wlan- I couldn`t use this at my room (don`t know if I should have a facebook account to use it). I would sleep there next time again!

Better then the movie and that says a lot. It's clean, it's comfortable. The staff is just so friendly, great atmosphere. Because of them the place has so much heart. Honorary mentions to; Giuseppe, Rafael, Nathalie and Michelle :) Giuseppe's cooking, especially his spring rolls prepared with local herbs. And above all just the great times Michelle brought everywhere in the hostel. The activities are so much fun and an easy way to see the city! Dolly can't be forgotten; my mainstay.

• 16th Jul 2014

Nice rooms. Only stayed there one night, so didn't get a feel for The atmosphere. Decent kitchen with a supermarket one minute walk away.

They where supposed to deliver the room at 14.00 but they did it not before 16.30

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

reallty nice!

The staff at this place are amazing!! There is a bit of music playing but we wore ear plugs (due to wing in a 14 bed doem) and couldn't hear a thing. The kitchen is a little small but has everything you need and the staff really try to get you involved. Definitely one of the better hostels we've stayed in, our only downfall was that we had to wait for 5-10 mins for someone on reception to check us in. Otherwise it was a great stay :)

Thank you so much for an amazing stay! Barcelona was by far one of the best cities i've traveled too and that starts with a comfy place to call home for a few shorts days. the food the staff cooked was excellent and they were always very nice and on hand to help someone out when needed. 5/5 stars!!!

The black swan hostel rocks! I spent there a greats moments with fantastic people. All crew are amazing, helpfull and talkative. Hostel is located near the beach and in the city center . Clean inside and non smoking.actually quite cheap.Love it

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Poland

I really enjoyed my stay at the black swan hostel, i met some amazing people, espicially the staff... Pia was really nice and introduced me to alot of things, making me go to the magic fountain which was amazing. Also Giuseppe was really nice, got me to do alot of things, going to the beach, cooking. i just had a really good time. Black Swan Hostel is one of the best around, everything is brilliant. by Brandon La Roche

• 3rd Jul 2014

STaff are awesome.. Its so comfortable and facilities and location are amazing..Its among my top 3 hostels.. And ive been in 50 different cities

« first « Prev 1 2 3