Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

I had a great stay here the only issue I had is the entire building echoes so when people come in late at night and are downstairs talking it travels straight up the stairs and you can here them in the rooms. It's really frustrating when you're trying to sleep.

After switching from another hostel because of the noises and a spring break-like vibe, i found the black swan just a couple of street away from plaza catalunya. The black swan exceeded my expectations in value, clealiness, atmosphere and constumer service. This facility is only two years old and it shows it. It's very modern looking and the travelers I met here were very cool. Jenny at the reception was very accommodating, thank you again!

• 27th Feb 2015

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment and review ! Cheers!

The guys at Black Swan make a huge effort to make sure you get the best out of Barcelona and your stay at the hostel. My check in was friendly and easy and I loved making paella with others from the hostel. It was wonderful that there were computers in the common area to book other aspects of your holiday.

It was wonderful to hear from you that you had an awesome time with us =) Happy travels

I had great time on their activities out in the centre! Thanks, guys!

• 25th Feb 2015
  • Bulgaria

Probably my favourite hostel so far. Staff were all so friendly and helpful, and they had great activities. Paella was definitely my favourite!

Thanks for the comment =) We are thinking of other recipes as well so we hope you will be back to try them out too =) Cheers!

The staff are very nice and helpful, especially Rodry.

• 25th Feb 2015
  • China

Thanks for the awesome review ! We hope to see you again =)

Everythink very nice, specially Quentin and another guy from Cile (I forgot the name sorry!) Just one "complain", about some people make noise going out for the night

• 24th Feb 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

The main problem occurred in my last day there: SOMEBODY STOLE MY FOOD FROM THE FRIDGE and the staff could only offer apologies. It was only an yogurt, but I felt really insecure. What if it was my passport? Or my stuff? Besides this, the hostel has an average material structure: its reasonably clean, the beds are ok and the location is good. But the rooms are very small and the bathrooms even smaller.

Enjoyed my stay at the Black Swan. The staff was super nice and helpful, the location was great for walking in Barcelona, and the facilities were good. However, the floors in my dorm room were dirty and the sinks in the women's toilet were also fairly nasty. Other than that, I really enjoyed my two nights at the Black Swan and would definitely return! They cooked meals both nights I was there, which was amazing. Breakfast was simple but adequate. Really great spot!

Really enjoyed my stay at the black swan. Was as good as any hotel I've ever stayed in with added atmosphere. Would recommend it to anyone and I will be back very soon

• 17th Feb 2015

I loved staying at the Black Swan. The location is absolutely perfect because it is near everything and the rooms were always clean. It had a lot of extra activities that my friends and I took part in including bar crawls and cooking class. The staff there were beyond helpful and I even became friends with many of the staff and people staying there. The bathrooms and showers were always clean and there was a large map of Barcelona to help us get around on our own.

• 17th Feb 2015

Thanks for the comment ! We´re glad that you enjoyed the activities =) Safe travels

I've been particulary impressend by the amazing atmosphere one can find at the Black Swan. The stuf is very friendly and ready to help; furthermore is supercheap to stay and that make it much more convenient.

• 16th Feb 2015

You won't find more welcoming people or a more welcoming hostel than Black Swan. Quentin's family paella nights are delicious- help make it while learning! I stayed here twice, once with my mother and once with a friend; both times were lovely. Perfect whether you're 20 or 50! Reliable wifi, clean and well-stocked kitchen, plenty of warm water, helpful staff, all around fun!

Thanks a lot, we hope see you again very soon!! Cheers, Nacho

Black Swan hostel is great. It's right around the corner from the Arc de Triomf and a cool little park that always has musicians and street performers no matter what time you end up there. The Barcelona Zoo is also close, and La Rambla is about a 7 minute walk away. The atmosphere can be a little overwhelming at first, but the staff (especially Josh) all do an excellent job at helping everyone meet and making you feel comfortable. Overall, this hostel was great.

• 15th Feb 2015

I spent an awesome week at the Black Swan!!!

• 15th Feb 2015

Hi , Nous nous avion amuse beaucoup avec vous, nous espérons vous revoir bientôt! Nacho (sorry for my pour french....) :-)

The location of the hostel on this websites map is slightly wrong, this is not helped by the complete lack of a well lit up sign. I had to ask in 360 where you guys were. Once you find it the hostel is great and the staff amazing, but could use a little more storage space in the mens shower room.

its not from the center of Barcelona such as La Rambla or Plaza catalunya, So u can easy to access anywhere in barcelona on ur foot, the Most good thing of black swan hostel is the atmosphere. if u want make friend from all over the world, just bring ur self to black swan! cause there were many event for hang out with friend in barcelona, So u can enjoty it. also staffs are very kind and willing to help you anytime. I had a great time when I was in barcelona with Black Swan Hostel.

• 10th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

The location is excellent, the staff friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a nice addition. We only stayed there for one night, but it seemed like it could be a fun place. Unfortunately, there weren't any small lights next to beds in our dorm, and there was only one outlet next to the door. Minor problems, though. Overall, a very nice hostel.

Hi, Thanks fro the comment. We are working on placing a light for each bed. Hope to see you soon, Nacho

Best hostel I have stayed at. Staff is great, facilities are great. It's less than a 10 minute walk from Plaça Catalunya. Hostel bar crawls were fun. Can't recommend this hostel enough. It's worth mentioning that it is loud because people are constantly hanging out. This is a great hostel if you are looking for a great social environment.

Hi , I am very happy that you enjoy your trip! Hope to see you soon! Nacho

A good stay overall at this hostel! The pub crawl was a lot of fun, the location is really good - super close to the Nord station, super cheap, clean. I wasn't a huge fan of the layout of the hostel, it's really segmented and it's difficult for more than a couple people to be in the kitchen at once. Also there was no space in the fridge for my food, and the one thing I hated were the automatic lights in the shower - they turned off on me twice mid shower! Overall good though!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5