Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

I had a great stay! It's a really lovely smaller hostel with great facilities and activities! The staff are awesome! It was a bit hard to find, they need a sign that you can see sticking out from the wall

• 31st Aug 2015

Great Hostel. Great staff. Excellent value.

• 28th Aug 2015

Probably my favorite hostel. It was modern and clean and yet the atmosphere made you feel like you were at home. A few nights of the week they cook a free dinner which was delicious each time. The stay was fantastic and always super helpful. The location is great. Walking distance to most things and if not several metros near by. Highly recommended! And it had AC!

Had a great stay at the Black Swan! The free activities are great for lone female travellers like myself, although the street is quite far out and did come across creepy men which was a shame. Great party atmosphere with clean facilities. The air con could be improved in the rooms as ours was VERY hot and uncomfortable at night. More Intro to Barca could be offered on reception at arrival but overall thank you for a great stay!

Very clean, staff was friendly.

Awesome Hostel!! Loads of free options to masks everyday and night better. Are a little strict on you sharing your bed with someone

This hostel is absolutely amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and met some lovely people. The staff are super friendly and energetic with loads of fun activities to suit everyones needs. On many occasions members of staff went above and beyond their job especially Rodry, Josh and Teresa. Had the best time will definitely return!

• 24th Aug 2015

I thought it was a really nice and clean hostel with really nice staff, especially the volunteers. In particular Monica led a really fun trip to a local festival, and there was a really good salsa trip. Definitely recommend this hostel.

You guys were great. Really helpful and so friendly. Rodrigo and Vicky did a great job on paella night and tapas night. The only thing I would suggest to you guys out of my whole stay is having little lamps/lights for each bed. But apart from that keep doing what you're doing!!

Best hostel I have stayed at. Couldn't be happier with the layout and people who stay there. Staff were great. Lot's of additional activities included for free. Free entry in to major clubs before a certain time which was a bonus. We even got free dinner on two of the nights! Will definitely stay here on future visits.

Staff was great! I met many lifelong friends, and I was thankful for the free breakfast and the free dinners. Showers were a bit cramped and I missed having an outlet that reached the top bunk. Overall, a wonderful place to stay, and I definitely recommend!

Our stay at this hostel was fantastic. The staff was very helpful, accommodating, and friendly especially Rodry. Walking distance to everything in the town and to the beach. There were activities planned every night (pub crawls and cooking lessons) which made it really easy to meet many of the other guests. We had a great time at the Black Swan!

Had a fab stay at the black swan hostel! Was only there for a night but would have stayed longer if I could! Staff were so friendly and fun (especially Rodry!) and the room was clean and modern. The hostel was in a great location and close to shops parks and bars etc. Highly reccomend staying here!

• 18th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff was wonderful, especially Vicky!! She took us out all the time even if it was her day off. The hostel has daily/nightly activities and they are all very fun. The hostel is very clean!! The only problem was some of the showers didn't have hot water and the water pressure isn't the greatest. I'm sure that can be fixed easily though.

I'd stay here again. I really enjoyed the enviornment and the staff! They make it feel like a very community place. I would just suggest staying in one of the 4 bed rooms, the 8 person room was a little too much for my comfort. Other than that it was a great stay with decent location.

everything was fine except I suspect there were bugs in the room

Excellent hostel. Organized staff with a laid back vibe. Clean facilities and a fair price. Washer and dryer available. Safe and secure. I recommend you book a stay at Black Swan.

• 15th Aug 2015

Excellent place, excellent location the staff were very helpful and friendly. The hostel had a fun but respectable feel about it . One word of warning the free walks are not actually free the girls that take you don't get paid for doing this and make that clear once you are on the walk and ask for donations of what you think they are worth ! This is fine but it would help if it said on the poster before you went so I knew to take money with me. Overall a fab hostel and would def go again.

The staff are really friendly and welcoming. There are loads of activities organized with the hostel, and everyone there were happy to give suggestions on where to go and what to do. Great location with a close by metro stop, some shops, cafe's and bars.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

The reason why I gave value for the money poor is because of how different the price was from a thursday night to a friday night, like a 50 EURO DIFFERENCE for like a 10 bed. I don't know if it was just Spain but this was the only hostel I saw such a significant price difference. Other than that the hostel is great, just a bit too expensive for such a small room.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7