Black Swan Reviews

Ali Bei 15, Barcelona, Spain

We enjoyed our stay in hostel ... The room and bathroom are clean ...... The staff are very helpful and friendly... Would come again ... Would like a bigger fridge

Loved my stay at this hostel. People were friendly, helpful and the posters requesting respect from other guests were amusingly honest. Exactly the kind of place you hope all hostels turn out to be. The music playing in reception initially worried me, but it's only on at reasonable hours and it's a real mix, depending who is on reception, so it's not a party hostel, in the avoidable sense. Paella night with Quentin was really social and the cleanliness of the place was top!

Absolutely amazing stay at the blackswan. Staff were brilliant and always available too help getting around in Barcelona. I would stay at the blackswan again.

Genuinely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. All the staff were really friendly and welcoming and there is always a great atmosphere. It feels like a home away from home. Paella night and the pub crawls were awesome. The staff make the place run like clockwork. I cannot recommend it enough!

• 19th Jan 2015

A really nice hostel, the staff are very helpful and the place is super clean! The beds are comfy and its not too far from the main areas in the City. Also, great value for money!

• 16th Jan 2015

When I arrived, it was quite late. The receptionist (the Italian guy) was extremely helpful and I'm really pleased with how clean the hostel was. It's one of the best affordable hostels ever, plus the provide free breakfast, unlike other more expensive hostels which don't. Overall, I'm really pleased with my stay with Black Swan! (This hostel is located near Arc de Triomph station)

Overall, good clean safe hostel. People were nice but ambience wasn't anything special compared to other hostels. I also would advise against glong on the pub crawl organised by staff. Was not fun and we wound up at probably the worst bar I had ever been to in my life...

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in!! All the stuff is super friendly, very welcoming and ready to help anytime :) Hostel provides free walking tours every morning, and cook amazing paella for dinner ! Kitchen is spacious, great place for hanging, just as communal area! You will feel like home! definitely coming back soon :)) Thanks guys! Ivana xx

Good location and friendly staff. Large security box and comfortable bed. What's more, free breakfast. Only a thing that I was disappointed is that each shower space was small.

It was a Great stay at the black swan hostel. If we had question everybody helped us. The room was very cute. Most visitors was very nice. It was perfect, that the music played all the time and everywhere. So you can go to the shower and listen to the music. The common rooms are special :)

• 30th Dec 2014

Absolutely loved it!! Will definitely be back!

I loved my time at Black Swan hostel. The atmosphere is the best thing in this amazing place. They were always playing good songs, staff were friendly and helpful, even the cleaning woman had a smile on her face all the time, listening and singing songs while cleaning up the rooms. The location couldn't be better. Near Plaza Catalunya, metro station Tetuan, few minutes walking from Barceloneta's beach. Breakfast can be improved

Although the directions to the hostel were unclear and frustrating, the hostel itself was great! The beds were comfortable and the lockers were large enough to hold huge backpacks. I loved that they had an outlet in every locker. Just wish there was a light and outlet by every bunk. The bathrooms were clean and the showers hot. The breakfast was the usual hostel fare. Good location and friendly staff.

My friend and I stayed here for 10 days, and it was spectacular-- great rooms, fantastic staff, awesome kitchen-- activities planned all the time, and you can tell they really care.

The rooms are clean and secure with a GREAT locker system. The staff is so friendly. I was very impressed that the staff cooks for the guests local dishes. Quentin is so friendly makes everyone feel welcomed and cooks a great paella. Being my first time in Barcelona, Josh helped me tremendously in recommendations in what to see in the area and exact directions. The dedication and professionalism of the staff in the hostel made me have an amazing barcelona experience, Id stay here again.

• 27th Dec 2014

Excellent hostel!The staffs are very friendly!The atmosphere is very good!

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • China

that was great hostel and I certainly recommend it to all my my fiends coming to Barcelona, their staffs were so friendly, kind, respectful. There were wide variety of activities in the hostel, but to me, the best one was to bike tour. it was a awesome experience. the only problem was a rather weak wifi system, but at least it worked to some extend.

• 23rd Dec 2014
  • Iran

Black Swan hostel is one of the best hostels I have stayed at in my travels. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm over the holidays and everything was excellent. The hostel is set up for maximum interaction with other travelers; between the comfortable common areas, full kitchen, free computers

If you are looking for friendly, outgoing, and helpful staff and fellow hostel mates then this is the place for you. My stay at Black Swan was perfect. The atmosphere could not be beat and in fact we loved it so much we never wanted to leave. I would recommend this hostel to anybody wanting to feel at home in a place that is far away from your home, because for me it was exactly that, my home away from home.

• 21st Dec 2014

The best hostel that I've stayed. Staff really friendly, good stalations. Perfect

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4