Black & White Hostel Reviews

Viale Monza 111, Milan, Italy

We stayed just two nights and this hostel was ok for the price we paid. We had some trouble to find it-the directions said that outside the metro stop we would find them immediately. This wasn't true as we had to walk a few minutes not knowing where exactly it was. This wasn't a problem but maybe the directions should be updated. The staff were friendly enough, it was reasonably clean but there were just two bathrooms. But I think for the price you pay the hostel is ok for one or two nights.

Stayed in loads of hostels before, this place was bit confusing place. not that well placed, noisy as u could imagine, light in corridor was broken, one of two showers broken, no toilet paper on 2nd toilet inet which was supposed to be free didnt work in last room. Next time i rather pay bit more for hotel. Lad at the desk was nice

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Czech Republic

15-20 min metro ride from the Duomo. Cheap neighbourhood, entrance may be a little hard to find. Staff was really nice, and bathrooms & toilets were clean. Perfect for a couple days in Milan if you are on a low budget.

Staff are nice to introduce about milan. but there are only two shower room and one of them could not use the shower. The bed is a bit uncomfortable and the wifi was not good in the room.

the worst hostel in milan , no tv , only one shower, for a lot of persons , no living room , and very disagrable stuff. was horrible. If you want save your money the train station is better.

Mr. Francesco Sammartano, I think for a person who comes into a Hostel which is full of customers from all around the world, your behavior was very recalcitrant. The fact that you consumed alcoholic drinks and then have problems with the rest of the clients, it is a behavior that we could not allow. I'm sorry if it upset our intervention but we must respect the priority of all customers.

Really easy to get to with the M1 metro line (goes directly all the way to Duomo) , two shared bathrooms and a kitchen with all the stuff you need to cook your own food. Staff is friendly and helpful. Don't get scared of the first look to the hostel, it's actually a really cool and old building! Enjoyed my stay.

• 23rd Jan 2014
  • Estonia

I normally dont leave bad reviews or feedback about anything, but now I have to do it. By far the WORST HOSTEL Ive ever been. Staff dont care about you, they charge you for towels, linen, and everything else, and wont even make an effort for you to enjoy your stay. Just 2 bathrooms but only one has hot water but the pressure is so low. There is NO HEATING in the hostel, so you are always freezing. Beds are really uncomfortable. They serve NO BREAKFAST. Is 20 MINUTES BY METRO to the city center.

This hostel was ok for a short visit to Milan. Not the greatest location. It is pretty far away from the city center. I would say that it is located in Milan's version of China Town. There isn't really a common area of the hostel so it is hard to meet other people staying there. It is in a very old building and is very drafty.

There is not a common area for the travelers, so it can´t be formed any tipe od atmosphere. The staff didn´t try to communicate (for example offer a map of the city). many times I entered to my room without any security measure, everybody could do the same. For the lockers is necessary to pay extra as for the sheets which are obligatory. And then special 2 euro fees for staying in Milan. So at the end the price is quiet high and the standart very poor.

• 10th Jan 2014
  • Czech Republic

The place is no to far from the metro station, is really small, if you want a place just for the night is acceptable.

The shower doesn't work properly, so I had to take cold bath and in the winter that is not a good thing to do. Other bad thing in the hostel is that it only have two bathrooms for a lot of people, so sometimes you need to wait to use them. The good thing about the hostel is that the building is near the metro station and there are some cheap restaurants in the street (you can eat a margherita pizza for 2.50 euros).

Good hostel if you have to crash there for a night as I did: it's cheap and not far from the train station, but if you have to stay in Milan for 4-5 days, maybe you should go somewhere else

- we could not close the door - there was no room key - dirty shower - noise at night + room and beds are clean + good price + nice people

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Czech Republic

Black and White? it's a good hostel, I reccomend this hostel because has a good position, you can get the center of the city very quick, the staff is very helpful and the rooms are always clean.

• 23rd Nov 2013

It is really ok for what you pay: close to the metro, rather clean bathrooms, kitchen. If you don't intend to spend a lot of time at the hostel, it is def. fine.

The only good thing- the girl at reception was polite and cheerful, but the place is terrible. This the first bad reference that I leave in my life, but after I paid and I ve got the room I realised it was impossible to stay there so I took my documents and went to sleep to my friends, so I burnt my money.

• 16th Nov 2013
  • Russia

An extra bathroom wouldnt hurt In great and easy walking distance from train station!

Things were a bit weird there. There is nothing like atmosphere, you have to pay for the linen, but you still have to be in direct contact with the duvet that is used by every other customer. If you plan on using the metro it's a good location, but if you have to leave for the central station before 5 am, be prepared to walk in shady streets for 30 minutes. At night the clerk was sleeping on a bed in front of the desk. Weird, right? Alright for one night if you're just passing by.

Although they show quite cheap price for us (9 euro),which is the only one advantage of staying here, they charged me 1.5 euro linen and 2 euro tax, so in total 12.50 euro. shower was tight, moreover I couldn't use hot enough water. I was feeling cold. the room was a little dark, someone was staying long days, and maybe becauseof that, the room was smelly. Here You cannot expect to mingle with other travelers

Nice place to stay in Milan! Very close to a metro station and only a few stations away from the very centre!