BlackSheep Hostel & Bar Reviews

1072 Akacfa utca 7., Budapest, Hungary

Turned up here to stay after booking with them months in advance, only to find they were not open. Received no emails or anything and concequently spent 3 hours walking round trying to find another hostel to stay at as most were already full.

We ended up at Black Sheep unexpectedly because the Hostel we had originally booked, Carpe Noctem, would not let us stay there because we were too old. In fact, our kids would have aged out as their policy is age 36 and under.That's a first for us. Fortunately, we ended up here. Much nicer, quieter, cleaner and better travelers. The kitchen was well equipped, our room (twin with shared bath) was very large and even had a settee. We met several very nice young travelers

I'd really enjoyed my stay in the hostel, The staff was amayzingly friendly and helpful. Also there is a very equipped kitchen with it's own coffee machine. I might only ask for a better hygiene in the toilets. Good luck!

Other people in my room were not too pleasent. One night they came back drunk and were shouting very loud. The hostel is too small and doesn't match the high cost per bed they charge. Other friends in my group got a much better deal in the same area for a lesser cost.

The Black Sheep Hostel was a great place to stay. There were some trouble with the rooms when i got there, but the staff fixed it quickley. Great staff, fun backpackers, comfey beds. I have nothing bad to say about the place.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I'm sorry, I just rated almost everything as 'good" because I didn't stay there in the end - I got to Budapest so late I just went straight to the festival. The staff were very friendly and helpful in their emails with me though, and the prices seemed very fair, which was why I didn't mind losing my deposit.

The cute hostel is well-located, clean and value for money!! The staff are so sweet, helpful and flexible, Truly like here!

Friendly staff who are willing to help you. They always try to provide you with tips and are willing to life up to your requests. Really nice. . It is a small hostel located next to metro and tram station. It makes the whole city accessible. The bathrooms are not really clean and sometimes it smells like the sewerage system.

Nice and friendly staffs, Bence and Dalma both were very helpful. close to the metro station. Trendy and modern looking, have a nice common area with big TV, sofas, books and plenty of movies. Clean kitchen, toilets and showers. Rooms are specious with big lockers. BIG thanks to Bence, very cool guy, during the evening many of us didnt go out , rather stayed in the common area watching movies and chatting. Overall a nice place to stay!

A friendly, sociably and fun hostel, free dinner on Thursdays and Zoli organised a pub crawl to ruin bars on the Tuesday! Don't be put off by the stairs up to the hostel, good location for everything and our favourite hostel during our interrailing trip!

• 29th Jul 2014