BlackSheep Hostel & Bar Reviews

1072 Akacfa utca 7., Budapest, Hungary

Big ups to Niko, went out of his way to find us the best deals and events

• 4th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was a nice hostel, with nice staff, in a good location, right next to the Metro.

Had a great time in this hostel, the staff at that night was very nice and helpful. If I have to back to Budapest, of course I'll book this hostel again

I loved the hostel, when I go back to Budapest, this is where I'm staying again!

The atmosphere is very familiar, there's room to do everything, good facilities and the hostel is in a good position, close to metro station and tram stops. My friend was there just a few week earlier and recommended me to book there, I would do the same.

excellent staff, very good value for money, would for sure recommend it to a friend!

• 23rd Apr 2014

It was an excellent Hostel, the only thing was the internet conexion, all the rest was very good!!!!

Awesome!! I only have 1 tip. Put up some good curtains in the room. Now its not possible to sleep in because its light very early in the morning!

• 18th Apr 2014

WiFi didn't work well. Nobody knew why some people could not connect, but suddenly it worked again. Showers were in bad conditions. The pub crawl they offer is a total fail, the guides just walk you to the bar, barely talk to you (the guide from our hostel left after the first bar, but there were 2 more from another hostel). In the beginning they told us "This is your group, now talk to them!". There were only 3 instead of 4 destinations and we juste got 1 instead of 3 free shots.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Austria
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel. The rooms are about average, though I liked the large under-bed lockers, and balcony. There is a living room area with a TV, a dining room, a kitchen with pots, dishes, etc., and a fridge, which was very convenient. There is also a space with computers. The 1 major downside is that there is a very small number of bathrooms-2, I think for the entire hostel, which is not huge, but big enough to make this an issue at times. Location is good; 10 minute walk to center, 1 to metro.

I had problems with the free wifi.

• 5th Apr 2014

It wasa great hostel, with friendly and helpful staff.

The receptionists, niki and gabor, where very nice!!!!

Very good hostel in the hearth of the city. Filled with life. Good staff, good place, good food :)

Very good location, good wifi, beautiful room.

Great place, really helpful staff (especially Adam - god i'm hoping i've remembered his name right, darn late nights). Just about ideally located, easy to find and nary a problem my whole stay!

• 7th Mar 2014

Nice place. It´s small, but comfortable. Rooms are good. Perhaps the morning staff can do something about the breakfast, because you always have to ask them were the coffee was, and things like that. The facilities are good also. The night guy , Adam, was cool, really a helpful guy. You can really ask for thing to him and he would help you out. Location is quite right.

Very comfotable and spacious hostel, friendly staff

Very nice Hostel and friendly staff. Down side is that we booked to stay in the Black Sheep Hostel but were moved to the Njoy Hostel without prior warning (received directions to Njoy and not Black Sheep) - problem being that the Njoy Hostel was €100 cheaper than the Black Sheep for the 4 days and we weren't refunded the difference.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

I found Black Sheep Hostel thanks to Adam Nemeth. He has shown me one of the best hostels in Budapest. If i need a hostel in Budapest one more time, i won't think about any other place. Thanks Adam.

• 1st Feb 2014