BlackSheep Hostel & Bar Reviews

1072 Akacfa utca 7., Budapest, Hungary

We ended up at Black Sheep unexpectedly because the Hostel we had originally booked, Carpe Noctem, would not let us stay there because we were too old. In fact, our kids would have aged out as their policy is age 36 and under.That's a first for us. Fortunately, we ended up here. Much nicer, quieter, cleaner and better travelers. The kitchen was well equipped, our room (twin with shared bath) was very large and even had a settee. We met several very nice young travelers

Other people in my room were not too pleasent. One night they came back drunk and were shouting very loud. The hostel is too small and doesn't match the high cost per bed they charge. Other friends in my group got a much better deal in the same area for a lesser cost.

I'm sorry, I just rated almost everything as 'good" because I didn't stay there in the end - I got to Budapest so late I just went straight to the festival. The staff were very friendly and helpful in their emails with me though, and the prices seemed very fair, which was why I didn't mind losing my deposit.

The cute hostel is well-located, clean and value for money!! The staff are so sweet, helpful and flexible, Truly like here!

Friendly staff who are willing to help you. They always try to provide you with tips and are willing to life up to your requests. Really nice. . It is a small hostel located next to metro and tram station. It makes the whole city accessible. The bathrooms are not really clean and sometimes it smells like the sewerage system.

Nice and friendly staffs, Bence and Dalma both were very helpful. close to the metro station. Trendy and modern looking, have a nice common area with big TV, sofas, books and plenty of movies. Clean kitchen, toilets and showers. Rooms are specious with big lockers. BIG thanks to Bence, very cool guy, during the evening many of us didnt go out , rather stayed in the common area watching movies and chatting. Overall a nice place to stay!

A friendly, sociably and fun hostel, free dinner on Thursdays and Zoli organised a pub crawl to ruin bars on the Tuesday! Don't be put off by the stairs up to the hostel, good location for everything and our favourite hostel during our interrailing trip!

• 29th Jul 2014

No air conditioned, this was not good to me that was traveling in the summer.

We Booked very late so although me and my 2 friends book a room together one of us was put into a room by himself with other people. This was slightly annoying but understandable. The First Member of staff who showed us around was kind of akward and made a few small errors but after this the staff we very friendly and the girls were rather attractive;). The atmosphere was good but some group in the hostel weren't that friendly. The bar underneath is insanely cheap though!

• 13th Jul 2014

I highly recommend Black Sheep hostel as a place to stay in Budapest. Beutiful place with very helpful and nice stuff. When I come back to Budapest, I will stay in Black sheep again.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Slovakia

Good and cheap, just wish there was Air conditioning in the rooms (the common area SORT OF has some A/C). The tv room is cool, lots of movies and videos. The beds arent very comfortable, but they work well for a hostel. Cozy place to stay.

This hostel looks great, it has a beautiful kitchen and decoration the rooms are properly furnished. There is even a big TV with a lot of movies you can watch for free and free use of computers. They had very good and big lockers. The staff was a bit odd though, They invited friends over and got stoned together in the common room of the hostel. There even was a (staff) couple who were making out during their work time. Apart from this, we liked our stay here.

Big ups to Niko, went out of his way to find us the best deals and events

• 4th Jul 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It was a nice hostel, with nice staff, in a good location, right next to the Metro.

Had a great time in this hostel, the staff at that night was very nice and helpful. If I have to back to Budapest, of course I'll book this hostel again

I loved the hostel, when I go back to Budapest, this is where I'm staying again!

The atmosphere is very familiar, there's room to do everything, good facilities and the hostel is in a good position, close to metro station and tram stops. My friend was there just a few week earlier and recommended me to book there, I would do the same.

excellent staff, very good value for money, would for sure recommend it to a friend!

• 23rd Apr 2014

It was an excellent Hostel, the only thing was the internet conexion, all the rest was very good!!!!

Awesome!! I only have 1 tip. Put up some good curtains in the room. Now its not possible to sleep in because its light very early in the morning!

• 18th Apr 2014