Blarneys Rock Backpackers Reviews

1210 Tutanekai Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Calm and quiet Not suit for the people who looking 4 fun

Had a great time there - comfortable rooms, hot showers, and it was always very clean. Wifi was free, which was amazing. Spotty while I was there, but they were working on getting it fixed. The staff was very helpful, and the people I met there were friendly. Loved that the TV had a usb port so that we could watch a range of movies. Laundry was a reasonable price as well!

A very friendly and cozy hostel! A perfect place to stay in Rotorua as it gives of a feeling of home away from home. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and there's a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere. The living room area is sadly a little too much focused around TV watching rather then interaction between travellers. Other than that, perfect!

This place is so friendly and welcoming. There is actually FREE and unlimited wifi which is hard to come by in NZ too! Not only is the staff great (grade A!), but they also offer special deals for all the activities you're likely to want to do. When I stayed here I chose to leave for one night to visit another area, but came back to stay another night. My original room had filled up in the meantime so I was offered a free upgrade for the remainder of my stay. Highly recommended!!!!

• 1st Jun 2014

We had an awesome time at Blarneys! The hostel is really great but especially due to the welcoming staff and the other guests we felt absolutely comfortable.

I had a great sty here. It is a small, cozy and nicely decorated place. Lots of attention to details, a fire place, wall paintings, free tea and spices in the kitchen, hot water bottles for in bed.. Lovley. Free WIFI, location is also very good. The only thing that kept it form being perfect is that I had to wait outside till 13:00 hrs for my check in, and couldn't stay 30 min. longer inside at the day of my check out, without paying $5. Change this unwelcoming rules than its PERFECT.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. So small and homely, really friendly staff and general atmosphere. Wish I could have stayed longer!

Met some amazing people. Also they have free wifi .

Best hostel I've ever stayed in!! Felt like I was staying in a student flat. Blarney's is small so everyone in the hostel hangs out together when watching TV, eating, cooking etc. Had the best shower ever. Lots to do in Rotorua so could've stayed here longer. Pack n' Save nearby so cheap food! Will definitely come back here.

Very friendly hostel- more like staying in a small house then a hostel. Very central location. Kitchen was very small, we were lucky it wasn't busy when we were there. Also there are only three toilets. 2 unisex and one female. Again if it were busy this might be a prob but it was fine for our stay. Would recommend to a friend.

Absolutely top hostel! Loved the layout, with all the rooms centered around a living space. Staff were very friendly, cannot recommend enough. The deals they offer for activities were brilliant, especially the white water rafting. Free wifi was an incredibly bonus, especially in New Zealand!

We appreciated the central location of this hostel. Our beds were comfortable, a bit odd with the ensuite shower, but great plus to have windows in our room. Unfortunately, the doors were pretty thin, and since the common area is in the middle of the hostel, we heard all the conversations that happened throughout the night...

Kitchen was cramped and falling to bits. The rooms led straight into the social area meaning people were watching loud films till early hours and could be heard in rooms.

It is located in a very good location..3mins from ISITE. If i am going to a tour which is usually very early in the morning, it makes a huge difference. the room is cozy and comfy; and there is free coffee, tea and milk in the kitchen. everything u will find in a kitchen will find in there as well. there is a live band in a pub besides the hostel and they sing until midnight. buti can sleep almost everywhere as long as i have the earplugs and eyemask. so thats not a big deal for me~

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • China

Best hostel I've stayed in. The girls working there are really helpful and friendly, it's really clean, the rooms are spacious, we got a free upgrade to a 4 bed dorm rather than 8 (with one of the bottom bunks a double!), the kitchen has an oven, loads of free herbs, spices and other free food. Free unlimited WiFi big plus, great discounts on activities there too and if you're there on a Thursday the night market is right on the doorstep. 5-10 min walk to Pak 'n' Save. Brilliant, stay here!

The atmosphere was really homey and you got to meet a lot of cool people. The hostel is dead center Rotorua. The staff was helpful in organizing events. Wifi is free and the kitchen has everything you might need. Washer and dryer are on site.

Outstanding hostel! Stayed here 3 different times between treks because it was such a great place to stay. Best features - Super fast FREE WiFi without any data limits and $5 quick turn-around laundry done by the staff.

Very well placed hostel and good valur for money. On the other hand, rooms received sun all the day, which made them extremely hot. Mattresses are uncomfortable and there could be more bathroooms/showers for the amount of people in the hostel. Kitchen was disorganized and not very clean. Some rooms have doors directly to the TV room, noise can be an issue. Security is ok since hostel and room access is controled. If going by car, there are few free parking spots nearby, all in the street.

That's a lovely place with friendly ans helpful staff! Really good stay in that vert homey backpackers.. Probably one of the best hostel in New Zealand...