Blarneys Rock Backpackers Reviews

1210 Tutanekai Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Very very friendly and helpful staff, clean facilities and a great atmosphere!

• 27th Jun 2015

Very clean and comfortable hostel. Dave (who runs it) was exceedingly friendly and helpful; 100%!

All good but part of the floor makes noise when you step on it.

• 16th May 2015
  • Philippines

Good place to stay, very close to central area. Facilities are clean and the freebies are good as well. Only one thing I didn't like was the thin wall (you can hear people out in the common area and they can hear you talking in the room) but it doesn't kill anybody so all's good.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Vietnam

Great location! Spacious rooms and clean place! I definitely recommend for a hostel!

It's a cosy hostel with character, and the owner is just awesome! I was only there for one night, but from what I saw it was great, and for such a low price!

A pleasant and clean hostel. Good location, a nice vibe - calm and quiet but everyone hung out and chatted in the common room. The only thing was that the owner could sometimes be a little bossy, but hey, he's got a hostel to run.

Friendly staff, good location, nice communal spaces, very clean. Lovely to offer free milk with the free tea and coffee!

Absolutely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Dave was so lovely and took the time to show us around when we checked in and made us feel right at home! I honestly wish I could have stayed there for longer! Dave if you're reading this, it's the Canadian gals and we did the OGO on the zig zag path with water! Too hilarious!

Great little hostel - cheapest we could find in rotorua but really nice place. the owner is really friendly and helpful. clean, good kitchen with plenty of free food/ingredients.

Dave, the owner is a kind guy and eager to ensure you have an awesome stay in Rotorua. He offers some good deals on activities and his hostel is clean and quite homely I'd say. Would defo reccomend

I arrived late evening but dave (the owner) arrived within a few minutes to let me in. The hostel is superclean and provides a lot of good services such as free wifi, free spices to cook with, bordplaying games and free coffee/tea. Dave is a great help if it comes to providing information about jobsearch or anything else you'd need to know. I would definitely stay here again if i'm around some time!