Blarneys Rock Backpackers Reviews

1210 Tutanekai Street, Rotorua, New Zealand

Calm and quiet Not suit for the people who looking 4 fun

Had a great time there - comfortable rooms, hot showers, and it was always very clean. Wifi was free, which was amazing. Spotty while I was there, but they were working on getting it fixed. The staff was very helpful, and the people I met there were friendly. Loved that the TV had a usb port so that we could watch a range of movies. Laundry was a reasonable price as well!

A very friendly and cozy hostel! A perfect place to stay in Rotorua as it gives of a feeling of home away from home. Staff are very friendly and helpful, and there's a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere. The living room area is sadly a little too much focused around TV watching rather then interaction between travellers. Other than that, perfect!

This place is so friendly and welcoming. There is actually FREE and unlimited wifi which is hard to come by in NZ too! Not only is the staff great (grade A!), but they also offer special deals for all the activities you're likely to want to do. When I stayed here I chose to leave for one night to visit another area, but came back to stay another night. My original room had filled up in the meantime so I was offered a free upgrade for the remainder of my stay. Highly recommended!!!!

• 1st Jun 2014

We had an awesome time at Blarneys! The hostel is really great but especially due to the welcoming staff and the other guests we felt absolutely comfortable.

I had a great sty here. It is a small, cozy and nicely decorated place. Lots of attention to details, a fire place, wall paintings, free tea and spices in the kitchen, hot water bottles for in bed.. Lovley. Free WIFI, location is also very good. The only thing that kept it form being perfect is that I had to wait outside till 13:00 hrs for my check in, and couldn't stay 30 min. longer inside at the day of my check out, without paying $5. Change this unwelcoming rules than its PERFECT.