Bled Backpackers Hostel & George Best Bar Reviews

Grajska cesta 21a, Bled, Slovenia

the hostel was nice, the staff was excellent. we'll be back! :)

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

Everything in Bled is close by. Good staff, good value for money. It was a bar though and older guys were there all day which was somewhat strange.

Pretty standard hostel but has everything you need, cracking pub crawl as well

It is a bit out of town but I'm bled this just means it's a 5 min walk rather than a 2 min walk. The rooms were comfortable and they all had lockers under the bed. The staff of the hostel and in the bar were lovely. There wasn't much of an atmosphere in the bar with other backpackers but I met some cool Slovenian people which was nice. Overall a good place to stay! There is no room for a kitchen or anything there but the bar can order take away food to be delivered and it's really cheap!

The staff were lovely but overall the hostel is in desperate need of some renovations.

An absolute hole. Dirty, cramped, smelly. The beds were lumpy, the showers leaked, there was hardly any hot water. The place had no air con and was stiflingly hot. For €20 a night it was a complete rip off. I wouldn't go back in a million years.

The hostel manager was really nice, and spent ages going over some leaflets with us helping us decide where to spend our time at lake bled. The room had locker drawers under the bed which were big enough for 2 35 litre bags. Felt safe, slept well.

Had such great staff so helpful and hilarious, made you feel really welcome and told you about all the things you could do in and around lake bled. The place itself is lovely as well. It's only a short walk from the lake and main bus station. There is a bar crawl that starts from bled backpackers which is also a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed staying here. It's only a short walk from the center of town and the staff takes the time to explain everything there is to do once you arrive in Bled. Rooms are spacious. Blaz and Uri run a bar crawl Sunday - Thursday that starts at 930 in the bar downstairs. It is definitely worth doing and they are really nice guys. Would also recommend walking to the gorge. It takes about 3.5 hours round trip and has amazing views.

Very friendly staff, who spoke good English and were very helpful. The hostel gives you a wristband that gives you discount for lots of different activities and restaurants.

Greg and the whole staff were awesome! From the welcome drinks to helping figure things out for the day, everyone was really excited to help and it made the trip really fun. I wish I could have stayed longer, but I am happy so many people get to experience this place with this staff! Thanks everyone!

• 9th Jul 2015

I have stayed in a lot of hostels in Europe and this one just was not up to scratch for me. Firstly, my number one priority in a hostel is atmosphere - I am often travelling alone and meeting people is key. This hostel did not really offer that - there is no common area except for the bar, which was always full of locals that did not want to socialise. It was a struggle for a solo traveller

This place is a bar first and a hostel second. We paid to stay in a 4 bed mixed dorm which in fact had 5 beds. There was an ants nest in the corner of the room, which got cleaned up but still the ants came back each day! The 'kitchen' is just a microwave. It was very hot and stuffy when trying to sleep due to lack of airflow around the hostel. Although staff were amicable, they were not always around to help. I would really recommend making a different choice in Bled, we moved elsewhere!

Very friendly staff always willing to help. Couldn't do enough for us, and always offering tips and suggestions. All the restaurant and activity association with the hostel was a great bonus too!

• 2nd Jul 2015

Pretty sound stay, enjoyed our free shots on arrival and the staff were amazing at instantly explaining all the activities we could do as well as the best beauty spots Definitely recommend, we had a great time

We were just there for the night and it was a nice stay, the staff who checked us in gave us a lot of information regarding what to do in Bled as well as you get discounts at a handful of restaurants and renting watersport equipment that they give you coupons for.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Fantastic place to stay. The staff is super helpful and friendly, which give it a good atmosphere. Everything was clean and it's just a 5 minute walk to the lake. I highly recommend this hostel and will stay there again if I'm ever back in Bled.

Really nice place, super close to everything yet not right in the busy bits. Staff were really lovely and accomodating and it was great to meet the locals in the downstairs bar. No real kitchen facilities

Best place I never been. Perfect place and staff. Everything was perfect I don't can anything else 😃 Very big thank you everyone.

The guy that works here is amazing, he was really welcoming and kind and nothing was too much to ask. Great sense of humour and made us feel really welcome! It was refreshing. He also have us a welcome pCk which was really handy and would have been even more useful if we had stayed there for longer than a night.