Bled Backpackers Hostel & George Best Bar Reviews

Grajska cesta 21a, Bled, Slovenia

Had a great stay in bled backpackers hostel. The staff were very helpful and the rooms were clean. It is Aldo where the pub crawl starts from. Would definitely stay again.

• 24th Aug 2014

My friend and I were interrailing this summer. We had this hostel booked for ages but a few days before going we began to freak out due to terrible reviews! Ignore them it was a clean hostel the staff were friendly and helpful and we really enjoyed our stay!! Don't listen to the bad reviews it was one of the only hostels I stayed in where I actually saw the cleaner everyday! I would definitely stay again if I was going back to Bled

• 14th Aug 2014

Best hostel. Nice staff.

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

No cooking fire :-(

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Belgium

The staff were very nice and the location was great, under the castle, near the bus station and lake Bled. Fairly cheap. Could be noisy because there is a bar underneath, but it closes at midnight so no worries.

I don't even know how they are allowed to call that place a hostel. Everything was dirty, dark and with a weird smell. The mattresses and sheets had stains.

Very friendly staff and an absolutely great bar!

The staff were amazing! Very accommodating and extremely friendly. They provided us with welcome drinks and explained all the activities we could do in Bled and then arranged transport for the activities. The rooms were a good size, the bathrooms were clean and tidy and the atmosphere was excellent! Great location to the lake and the bus station. I would highly recommend a stay here!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

The staff is very welcoming and friendly. We got welcome drinks when we arrived. Some rooms are above the bar, therefore you can hear music and people talking, but at night it is quiet. All in all, we had an excellent time in this hostel.

Despite booking well in advance, we were told on arrival that there was no room for us as the hostel has overbooked. We were taken to another hostel slightly further from town centre (where we enjoyed our stay in Bled).

I did not enjoy my experience at this hostel. I was not provided sheets and the staff was not around to help me with that. The security was awful, they just left the backdoor open at all times so anyone could walk in. I'm not surprised they leave it open because the only time it was closed it was impossible to unlock with the key. Both myself and my friend that I was travelling with struggled in the rain for 20 minutes trying to unlock it.

Our stay at this hostel was pleasant enough, however this is likely to be based on the beauty of lake bled as opposed to the accommodation. The bathrooms in particular got very dirty before they were cleaned, and the shower seemed to leak which created further mess. One of the bathrooms did not have functioning lights, which prevented it ever being used. The room itself was clearly cleaned, however the beds themselves and the linen was old, ripped and itchy.

Great Place to stay and the staff are very helpful. Greg is a legend. Loved my stay

• 29th Jun 2014

It was very dirty, blood stains on the sheets, no one cleaned the bathroom during the three days we where there. You can go straight into the rooms from the bar and from a secondary dolor that was always open. People from the stuff just handed in the keys and did nothing else, most of the time there was this girl that couldnt barely speak english. I wouldnt go back to this place even If it was free

I had a very pleasant stay here. The location is great - 20 mins walk from the train station and a short stroll to the lake. The staff were incredibly helpful ad the bar is quite lively at night with guests from the hostel, as well as locals.

Excellent staff