Bled Backpackers Hostel & George Best Bar Reviews

Grajska cesta 21a, Bled, Slovenia

The staff is very welcoming and friendly. We got welcome drinks when we arrived. Some rooms are above the bar, therefore you can hear music and people talking, but at night it is quiet. All in all, we had an excellent time in this hostel.

Despite booking well in advance, we were told on arrival that there was no room for us as the hostel has overbooked. We were taken to another hostel slightly further from town centre (where we enjoyed our stay in Bled).

I did not enjoy my experience at this hostel. I was not provided sheets and the staff was not around to help me with that. The security was awful, they just left the backdoor open at all times so anyone could walk in. I'm not surprised they leave it open because the only time it was closed it was impossible to unlock with the key. Both myself and my friend that I was travelling with struggled in the rain for 20 minutes trying to unlock it.

Our stay at this hostel was pleasant enough, however this is likely to be based on the beauty of lake bled as opposed to the accommodation. The bathrooms in particular got very dirty before they were cleaned, and the shower seemed to leak which created further mess. One of the bathrooms did not have functioning lights, which prevented it ever being used. The room itself was clearly cleaned, however the beds themselves and the linen was old, ripped and itchy.

Great Place to stay and the staff are very helpful. Greg is a legend. Loved my stay

• 29th Jun 2014

It was very dirty, blood stains on the sheets, no one cleaned the bathroom during the three days we where there. You can go straight into the rooms from the bar and from a secondary dolor that was always open. People from the stuff just handed in the keys and did nothing else, most of the time there was this girl that couldnt barely speak english. I wouldnt go back to this place even If it was free

Excellent staff

Well, I got there after 1.5m of snow. It was non stop, I even had to borrow an umbrella. The hostel is well located, really close to the Bus station. Advertising the Hostel with directions at the Bus station could be helpful. The acomodations were ok, the kitchen and bathroom could receive more attention. The room was warm and the bed comfortable. What made my day was Špela and her friendly attitude. She made me feel welcome and gave me some tips. The rest of the staff very good. Nice bar...