Blossoms York Reviews

28 Clifton, York, England

Stayed in room 5, a large room. The hostel was around 10 minutes walk from the town - a bit far, but a nice walk. The large double bed was comfortable, but it was made of two mattresses, and eventually there was a big gap in the middle. The shower was too small, and too low for a tall person, and the fixture was broken. The kettle was broken, and a lamp was missing a bulb. The carpets were dirty. But we had nice, clean towels. A lot of potential here - it could be refurbished beautifully.

When I booked Blossoms, and saw it claimed the title BnB, I wrongly assumed it would be better than a hostel. Blossoms serve breakfast but only at an extra charge, so technically they are not a BnB. Rooms were only 70% clean, at that, shower was broken and entire place tired. To top it off I developed bites on my arms a few days after staying. Bed bugs? Don't do it to yourself. Spend an extra £20 and stay anywhere else but here!

• 18th Oct 2013