Blue Almond Hostel Reviews

Barrio Almendros Manzana 4 Casa 3, San Andres Island, Colombia

Very sociable and comfortable place to stay. Would definitely come back.

It was an amazing time I spent at the blue almond hostel. Juan and Jennifer are amazing hosts and they made sure I had a great time in San Andreas island even though my visit was short. Definitely going back there. Totally recommended

When visiting San Andres, I visited Providencia Island and spent most of my two weeks there. I was traveling back and forth between the two islands and I must say that Jennifer and Juan were extremely accommodating, flexible, and hospitable. This hostel feels very much like a home away from home. My highest recommendation goes to Blue Almond and the beautiful people that help run it. Cheers!

Lo mejor de lo mejor. Me sentí tan bien acogido, Jian y Jenny son muy buena gente! Nicolas

Quite a small hostel but a nice clean place to stay 15 mins walk from the centre of the town. Juan, who runs the place, is really helpful and welcoming and has a lot of info on what you can do on the island. San Andres is hot and humid so as long as you can survive with just a fan in your room this place is great.

I loved this hostel. Juan makes everyone feel welcome and included. He's the guy you wish was running every hostel you've stayed at so far - super helpful, arranged homemade shared dinners and activities like night dives, and made sure I was happy and having a nice time on the island. Dorms have enough space and lockers. Kitchen is big enough and decently equipped. The hostel is 5 mins farther away (walking) from the beach than El Viajaro, but better managed.

Almost like being in a shared home/student house (mature students) situation thanks to the layout of the hostel. Nice atmosphere and very welcoming owners - making you feel at home in the shabby chic Caribbean paradise.

Nice little hostal with chilled vibes. 6 bed dorm is spacious with lockers but private twin is cheaper but quite small. No a/c just fans. 2 shared bathrooms for the 3 privates. Good kitchen. Accept credit cards without additional fees. Only complaint is for one of our stays they ran out of the free drinking water and didn't know when more was coming. Kinda lame if they offer this but don't always have enough. 10-15 min walk to downtown. Very Friendly and helpful owners.

Hi, thanks for an excellent review. To clarify, We offer water as a courtesy for drinking inside the hostel, to make coffee and to cook with, sometimes we run out of these tanks because the truck that sells them doesn't show up. We are under no legal or moral obligation to offer free drinkable water for guest inside the hostel. There's a convenience store about 30 seconds away from the hostel where you could have bought all kinds of beverages.

View all San Andres Island Hostels