Blue Danube Hostel Reviews

Kazinczy street 5, Budapest, Hungary

Sandor is a great host. He is very helpful and knows everything about events, places and food. Across the street from no. 1 ruinbar in Budapest.

Had an absolutely fantastic stay. Sandor was the most helpful hostel owner we've ever encountered and was willing to do anything for us to improve our experience. Fantastic Hostel, location is unbeatable.

• 27th Jul 2014

Great location, great service and great value-couldn't ask for anything more !

Don't generally review hostels, but had to make an exception for the blue Danube. An excellent place to stay! Very clean with great facilities. Above all though, Sandor, the owner, helped make our experience in Budapest very easy and enjoyable. Extremely accommodating and always happy to help with everything from transfers to the airport/train station along with information about the city! Money couldn't buy the tips he provided us with! A man truly passionate about his city- and it showed!

Sándor is the best hostel owner ever! he picked me up at the station free of charge and took his time explaining and showing in a map tons of things to do in Budapest, from bath houses to the best restaurants and pubs. the room and bathroom were very clean. the location is pretty good, close to the train station and to a metro station also. I would definitely stay there again!

Sandor is absolutely amazing! Great customer service, great location. My only suggestion for improvement is to have a lock box for valuables in the room. It's the place to stay in Budapest!

• 17th Jul 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at! Sandor was amazing

• 14th Jul 2014

Extremely well stocked apartment with all the essentials available. Very pleasant and helpful hostel manager. Location really cool not have been better either :)

The owner was excellent, extremely helpful, spent a lot of time with us giving us tips on the best places to go in Budapest. Only issues were that some of the sheets/pillows smelt like sweat, and the shower space was very a bit small.

Thank you Sandor! You were so helpful in making our stay a wonderful experience.

• 9th Jul 2014

Where should I start? Sandor is unbelievably helpful. He picked us up from the train station for free and then gave a drive around the city. Then, he gave a 30 minute crash session on what to do in Budapest. Location for the hostel is beyond ideal and the facilities were high end hotel quality. Could not recommend this hostel enough. Thank you Sandor!

Wonderful place to stay in Budapest ! Would go back in a heart beat. Can't get a better location and awesome host.

Absolutely perfect location right in the centre of everything you want to see. So close to all the bars and clubs but still peaceful if you want to have a night in! Sandor the owner picked me up from the airport, he is so passionate and knowledgeable about this home town. He gave us so many places to go and things to see and told is we cld call him any time of the day or night if we needed anything! I loved this place! Wld recommended anyone to stay there and will defiantly be staying again!!

This was our best hostel experience on our trip around Europe. The room and kitchen were a good size, the location was right in the middle of the best bar and food scene, and you were also walking distance for sightseeing. The best part though was the owner, Sandor, who picked us up from the train station, told us everything that we should see on our stay, and also drove me to the hospital at 5am after an alochol/spa-party related incident our first night. I highly recommend staying here!

• 28th Jun 2014

The host is lovely and spends time with you and explains everything about all that you want to know..he will go out of his way to ensure you're happy and comfortable, the place is in a very good location, close too many of the famous attractions, restraunts and bars..l was very happy with the accommodation

Was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Incredible value for money and the owner Sándor was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Will definitely return.

Possibly the best place I've ever stayed at. The guy who runs it is amazingly nice. Was super stoked when my superior apartment had a personal washing machine in it as well! Will definitely stay there again.

A wonderful hostel! Clean comfy and so quiet despite the fact it's surrounded by pubs and so on. Sandor is very knowledgeable and helpful and popped in at least once a day to check things were ok or to let us know about some event or concert that was happening that day. The hostel is very well equipped and is like a shared apartment. We only had two rooms sharing the kitchen and living space so it was very quiet and there was no queuing for use of the kitchen or bathroom. Brilliant place to stay

Sandor was a fantastic host and his passion for Budapest is infectious! After picking us up from the airport, he gave us an enthusiastic and thorough introduction to the city and all of the exciting events taking place during our too-brief stay. The hostel is luckily located across from cheap and gourmet hole-in-the wall eateries and some of Budapest's best ruin bars. I can't wait to stay at the Blue Danube again and absolutely recommend it to any and all!

• 13th Jun 2014

I can really recomended this place. It´s in the center of Budapest (nearby the train station Keleti) and the flat is quiet, but you are on the street with ecellent bars and pubs. The owner of hostel is most hospitable person who I´ve ever met.

• 12th Jun 2014