Blue Danube Hostel Reviews

Kazinczy street 5, Budapest, Hungary

Awesome apartment right in the middle of the Jewish quarter. Great value for money and Sandor was wonderful with all his knowledge of the city. He was very helpful! Just don't expect it to be like a hostel where you will meet other travellers, if that's what you are looking for.

• 13th Sep 2014

The hostel was fantastic. Ideal location in the centre, perfect for sightseeing and going out in the evening; Sandor was really helpful and advised us on how to best spend our few days in the capital. Cannot recommend this hostel enough - good facilities, very friendly hostel owner and great value for money.

• 31st Aug 2014

My friend and I recently stayed in a private dorm and it was perfect. Big spacious rooms, brilliant location near all the ruins bars. If I had to nit pick I'd suggest putting a mirror in the bedroom but that was my only niggle. Sandor was very helpful and kean to make out stay perfect!

Sandor's the real deal. He was helpful in every way. I stayed at the Blue Danube while I was looking for a permanent place as I now live in Budapest. Sandor showed me a few apartments for rent in the area so I had an idea. He also drove me to my new place for free when my stay with him was over. He has an immense knowledge of the city including its history and politics.

• 27th Aug 2014

I Strongly recommend this Hostel. And the Manager is awesome, full of information and very professional.

• 24th Aug 2014

Our stay at the Blue Danube was fantastic! By far one of the best places we've stayed at, really has raised the bar for all other hostels! Sandor was amazing, he picked us up from the bus station and on the way to the hostel gave us a mini tour of the city, and when we got to the hostel went through everything we could possibly want to do with us. We had a private room which was very spacious, and a kitchen and common area we shared either just one other room- so lovely! Thanks Sandor!

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The management was incredibly helpful, the room was more of an apartment than a bedroom, and the value for money is amazing! Highly recommend!

Sandor is really enthousiastic in informing about the best spots in Budapest!!

• 18th Aug 2014

Thinking that we had booked a hostel room with a double bed and ensuite, we were stunned when the manager, Sandor, picked us up from the bus station and took us to a cool little studio apartment, complete with kitchen and laundry facilities. We didn't get much of a chance to use the kitchen, as the apartment was right in the middle of the restaurant and bar district known as the Jewish quarter. Having said that, it was part of a gated complex, so it was completely secure and quiet as a mouse. A+

• 15th Aug 2014

Excellent choice. Very helpful with local info; it's good to see someone so passionate about his city. And really couldn't want a better location.

We took an entire tour across Europe, and this hostel, along with its owner, Sandor, was the best experience that we had by far. Not only was the location beyond perfect, as it was right in the ex-Jewish quarter, which is the center of nightlife in Budapest, but the apartment and its amenities were also beyond amazing. It was clean, modern, had the most amazing bathroom, a personal balcony, a personal washer, and full service kitchen. And Sandor...is like a walking encyclopedia about Budapest.

• 11th Aug 2014

Sandor is a great host. He is very helpful and knows everything about events, places and food. Across the street from no. 1 ruinbar in Budapest.

Had an absolutely fantastic stay. Sandor was the most helpful hostel owner we've ever encountered and was willing to do anything for us to improve our experience. Fantastic Hostel, location is unbeatable.

• 27th Jul 2014

Great location, great service and great value-couldn't ask for anything more !

Don't generally review hostels, but had to make an exception for the blue Danube. An excellent place to stay! Very clean with great facilities. Above all though, Sandor, the owner, helped make our experience in Budapest very easy and enjoyable. Extremely accommodating and always happy to help with everything from transfers to the airport/train station along with information about the city! Money couldn't buy the tips he provided us with! A man truly passionate about his city- and it showed!

Sándor is the best hostel owner ever! he picked me up at the station free of charge and took his time explaining and showing in a map tons of things to do in Budapest, from bath houses to the best restaurants and pubs. the room and bathroom were very clean. the location is pretty good, close to the train station and to a metro station also. I would definitely stay there again!

My friend and I stayed at the Blue Danube during our interrailing trip. I can honestly say that the Blue Danube was probably our favourite hostel that we stayed at. It had a perfect location, great facilities, and the manager (Sandor) was absolutely brilliant. When we arrived at the train station, he picked us up and gave us a quick tour of the best places to go during our stay. Thank you, Sandor, for being so hospitable, friendly and warm.

• 18th Jul 2014

Sandor is absolutely amazing! Great customer service, great location. My only suggestion for improvement is to have a lock box for valuables in the room. It's the place to stay in Budapest!

• 17th Jul 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at! Sandor was amazing

• 14th Jul 2014

Extremely well stocked apartment with all the essentials available. Very pleasant and helpful hostel manager. Location really cool not have been better either :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3