Blue Danube Hostel Reviews

Kazinczy street 5, Budapest, Hungary

Amazing hostel! Sandor is a great host, who picked me up from the train station free of charge and was extremly helpful. The hostel is situated in the Jewish quarter of Budapest, with lots of bars, clubs and food places around. The hostel itself however is in a backyard off the street, which means that you are right in the center of everything but your room is quiet and peaceful. We'll definitely stay here again, when we're coming to Budapest again.

• 11th Apr 2014

If you want to have a great time in Budapest, you should definitely book this hostel. It is cheap and in the heart of Budapest (Jewish district). The host is incredibly helpful and I was impressed with him. It was for the first time, when the host prepared map for me with all main point in Budapest. He gave a lot of suggestions and was very helpful!!! The hostel itself is clean and safe!

Thanks to Sandor for his kindness and precious advises and knowledge.

It was really great for Sandor to meet me at the train station and also give advise and hints on what to do in Budapest. It was also useful to know that I needed anything I could contact him at anytime.

Sándor is the best. He arranged a cheap taxi from the airport for our large group, and ordered us a taxi back which arrived in around 1 minute! Lots of advice and very helpful. The hostel location couldn't be better. Had a great time, very strongly recommended.

• 27th Mar 2014

We were beyond impressed with everything Blue Danube offered. Sándor was an incredible host/guide to the city, and the room itself was clean and secure with good WiFi, sheets, and towels. Location was great and the restaurant recommendations were perfect. I have already recommended this place to four groups!

Very good value for money. The taxi pick up from the airport is an excellent service. Sandor is extremely helpfull.

Very Good hostel and good location!

• 25th Jan 2014

Sandor is a thoughtful and energetic host. He knows Budapest well and can answer all questions. Location couldn't be better for access to transportation, eating, entertainment. Price was most reasonable I found. I'd gladly recommend waltzing into the Blue Danube for a stay of any length.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • American Samoa
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Sandor is very nice and friendly. Hostel is very close to the city center. Everything was perfect!

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Serbia

The best hostel I have been in Europe! Sandor, the man that ran the Hostel, is incredibly friendly and helpful. He knows everything about Budapest and for 30-40 minutes telling us so much information, that help us to sense the Budapest very good for a short time. I recommend you the night swimming pool Rudash ( incredible). Highly recommended.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • musala
  • Bulgaria

Sándor was an incredible host, picking me up from the airport in the middle of the night and equipping me with brochures, maps, directions, and all the information I needed to make my stay in Budapest fantastic. The apartment was spacious, clean, and comfortable and had everything I needed. The location is in the heart of the Jewish Quarter with easy walking access to most of the major sights, as well as great restaurants. I would definitely stay there again!

• 15th Dec 2013

Sandor is extremely nice and spent over 30 minutes telling us all of the great things to do in Budapest! He said that 2 days was not enough to see all of Budapest, and from all of the suggestions he gave, it really wasn't! But it was still and amazing city to see and the location of this hostel is extremely convenient to basically everything!

• 6th Dec 2013

Of all the hostels I have visited in Europe so far, this has been the absolute best. The owner Sandor is honestly the sweetest guy ever. Extremely helpful and very friendly. He provides so much of information about what to do and where to go.The accommodation was very clean and pretty and is centrally located. Many nice pubs and eateries within walking distance as well. Would definitely return here when I visit Budapest again :) Thank you Sandor!

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

Huge thanks again Sandor! See you next time we're in Budapest!

Best hostel I have stayed at in Europe! Sandor is the man and literally mapped out everything that we needed to do. It was a great deluxe apartment for a great price. It was also right across the street from Szimpla Kert and some excellent resturants. Recommend Highly!!

Stayed with Blue Danube for 3 days, where our apartment was located at the central area of many great attractions! Sandor is such a great person, very friendly and welcoming. Gave us a ton of recommendations for places to visit in Budapest. He even upgraded us to a full apartment for FREE, even though we had booked individuals rooms. Place was warm and cosy, and Sandor often checked back with us on how we were doing. Will definitely book with him again if we return there!

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

FREE TRANSFER TO HOSTEL! from the main train station! Very handy when you have a lot of luggage. Sándor (apartment owner) greeted us with a warm welcome to Budapest. When we arrived at our hostel (its situated on Kazinczy st) centre of the city. Sándor gave us a map of Budapest and marked clearly the sightseeing points, tourist, eating out, ruin pubs, best baths. Apartment was very modern, fully equipped kitchenette, shower, hairdryer. 5 star service. Definitely will be returning with my family.

Me and 2 friends stayed at the Blue Danube Hostel for 4 nights last week and we had the best experience ever! Sandor was so attentive and helpful with everything and anything we needed. He checks his email very often so when we needed something or had a question, we would email him and he would respond very promptly. The room and location was perfect. Very clean and warm. Sandor gave us all the info we needed about Budapest. Definitely would go back and recommend to everyone! Fast wifi!

Sandor is the man! 5 star service all the way. He even met us on the platform at the train station to give us a lift to the hostel - for free!