Blue Danube Hostel Reviews

Kazinczy street 5, Budapest, Hungary

Sandor is amazing. Loved every minute of my stay in this amazing city!

Sandor, the owner : never seen such commitment before in making you feel at home and telling you about all the good places. The location also couldn't be better. Top class!

Sandor was very helpfull in everything we asked. The airport transfer is great value, the maps and all the information provided made us know a lot of things about Budapest. The experience was great.

• 16th May 2014
  • Spain

The location is absolutely perfect- we could have spent our whole time on our own block and not regretted it. Sandor was a fantastic host, gave great recommendations and clearly knows his city very well. And the hostel itself was more of a 2 bedroom apartment, with another guest in the other room. We had a washer! Hot shower, comfortable bed. Highly recommended.

• 15th May 2014

This was by far the best hostel experience I've had! Sandor is absolutely incredible. He is so knowledgable about the city and gives great recommendations! He will go out of his way to make sure your stay is beyond amazing! Also, he gave us a free upgrade to an apartment which was very nice. Everything was very clean, the room included a tv, and the facilities were great. If I ever return to Budapest, I will definitely stay at this hostel again!

Everything was absolutely perfect about my stay here! The location was perfect, plenty of good food and bars on the same street. Apartment was very clean and spacious, and the host was very helpful in acquainting me me with Budapest and recommending things to do.

I can't say enough good things about our hostel experience here. Sandor is incredibly kind, selfless, and helpful, and made us three 20-year-old female travelers feel so secure and informed during our stay in Budapest. The city is huge, but the location couldn't be better, and Sandor makes everything so accessible. We had a wonderful stay, and will come back any chance we get! Amazing quality, and an incredible price. Be sure to book here!

• 7th May 2014

My favourite experience in Europe!

• 6th May 2014

Thank for the warm welcome Sandor. It is really nice that the pickup service and printing service are provided. Also, the information about the tourism of the city given by the owner is indeed helpful. I think this place is recommendable not only for the environment, but also for the generous hospitality.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • China

The owner was very helpful with different parts of the city and events. He picked me up and dropped me off (for a fee - but less than the cost of a taxi) at the airport, and was always ready to help.

Amazing hostel! Sandor is a great host, who picked me up from the train station free of charge and was extremly helpful. The hostel is situated in the Jewish quarter of Budapest, with lots of bars, clubs and food places around. The hostel itself however is in a backyard off the street, which means that you are right in the center of everything but your room is quiet and peaceful. We'll definitely stay here again, when we're coming to Budapest again.

• 11th Apr 2014

If you want to have a great time in Budapest, you should definitely book this hostel. It is cheap and in the heart of Budapest (Jewish district). The host is incredibly helpful and I was impressed with him. It was for the first time, when the host prepared map for me with all main point in Budapest. He gave a lot of suggestions and was very helpful!!! The hostel itself is clean and safe!

Thanks to Sandor for his kindness and precious advises and knowledge.

It was really great for Sandor to meet me at the train station and also give advise and hints on what to do in Budapest. It was also useful to know that I needed anything I could contact him at anytime.

Sándor is the best. He arranged a cheap taxi from the airport for our large group, and ordered us a taxi back which arrived in around 1 minute! Lots of advice and very helpful. The hostel location couldn't be better. Had a great time, very strongly recommended.

• 27th Mar 2014

We were beyond impressed with everything Blue Danube offered. Sándor was an incredible host/guide to the city, and the room itself was clean and secure with good WiFi, sheets, and towels. Location was great and the restaurant recommendations were perfect. I have already recommended this place to four groups!

Very good value for money. The taxi pick up from the airport is an excellent service. Sandor is extremely helpfull.

1 2 Next » last »