Blue Danube Hostel Reviews

Kazinczy street 5, Budapest, Hungary

My friend and I stayed at the Blue Danube during our interrailing trip. I can honestly say that the Blue Danube was probably our favourite hostel that we stayed at. It had a perfect location, great facilities, and the manager (Sandor) was absolutely brilliant. When we arrived at the train station, he picked us up and gave us a quick tour of the best places to go during our stay. Thank you, Sandor, for being so hospitable, friendly and warm.

• 18th Jul 2014

Sandor is absolutely amazing! Great customer service, great location. My only suggestion for improvement is to have a lock box for valuables in the room. It's the place to stay in Budapest!

• 17th Jul 2014

Best hostel I have ever stayed at! Sandor was amazing

• 14th Jul 2014

Extremely well stocked apartment with all the essentials available. Very pleasant and helpful hostel manager. Location really cool not have been better either :)

The owner was excellent, extremely helpful, spent a lot of time with us giving us tips on the best places to go in Budapest. Only issues were that some of the sheets/pillows smelt like sweat, and the shower space was very a bit small.

Thank you Sandor! You were so helpful in making our stay a wonderful experience.

• 9th Jul 2014

Where should I start? Sandor is unbelievably helpful. He picked us up from the train station for free and then gave a drive around the city. Then, he gave a 30 minute crash session on what to do in Budapest. Location for the hostel is beyond ideal and the facilities were high end hotel quality. Could not recommend this hostel enough. Thank you Sandor!

Wonderful place to stay in Budapest ! Would go back in a heart beat. Can't get a better location and awesome host.

Absolutely perfect location right in the centre of everything you want to see. So close to all the bars and clubs but still peaceful if you want to have a night in! Sandor the owner picked me up from the airport, he is so passionate and knowledgeable about this home town. He gave us so many places to go and things to see and told is we cld call him any time of the day or night if we needed anything! I loved this place! Wld recommended anyone to stay there and will defiantly be staying again!!

This was our best hostel experience on our trip around Europe. The room and kitchen were a good size, the location was right in the middle of the best bar and food scene, and you were also walking distance for sightseeing. The best part though was the owner, Sandor, who picked us up from the train station, told us everything that we should see on our stay, and also drove me to the hospital at 5am after an alochol/spa-party related incident our first night. I highly recommend staying here!

• 28th Jun 2014

The host is lovely and spends time with you and explains everything about all that you want to know..he will go out of his way to ensure you're happy and comfortable, the place is in a very good location, close too many of the famous attractions, restraunts and bars..l was very happy with the accommodation

Was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Incredible value for money and the owner Sándor was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Will definitely return.

1 2 Next » last »