Blue Danube Hostel Reviews

Kazinczy street 5, Budapest, Hungary

Thank you Sandor! You were so helpful in making our stay a wonderful experience.

• 9th Jul 2014

Where should I start? Sandor is unbelievably helpful. He picked us up from the train station for free and then gave a drive around the city. Then, he gave a 30 minute crash session on what to do in Budapest. Location for the hostel is beyond ideal and the facilities were high end hotel quality. Could not recommend this hostel enough. Thank you Sandor!

Wonderful place to stay in Budapest ! Would go back in a heart beat. Can't get a better location and awesome host.

Absolutely perfect location right in the centre of everything you want to see. So close to all the bars and clubs but still peaceful if you want to have a night in! Sandor the owner picked me up from the airport, he is so passionate and knowledgeable about this home town. He gave us so many places to go and things to see and told is we cld call him any time of the day or night if we needed anything! I loved this place! Wld recommended anyone to stay there and will defiantly be staying again!!

This was our best hostel experience on our trip around Europe. The room and kitchen were a good size, the location was right in the middle of the best bar and food scene, and you were also walking distance for sightseeing. The best part though was the owner, Sandor, who picked us up from the train station, told us everything that we should see on our stay, and also drove me to the hospital at 5am after an alochol/spa-party related incident our first night. I highly recommend staying here!

• 28th Jun 2014

The host is lovely and spends time with you and explains everything about all that you want to know..he will go out of his way to ensure you're happy and comfortable, the place is in a very good location, close too many of the famous attractions, restraunts and bars..l was very happy with the accommodation

Was the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Incredible value for money and the owner Sándor was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Will definitely return.

Possibly the best place I've ever stayed at. The guy who runs it is amazingly nice. Was super stoked when my superior apartment had a personal washing machine in it as well! Will definitely stay there again.

A wonderful hostel! Clean comfy and so quiet despite the fact it's surrounded by pubs and so on. Sandor is very knowledgeable and helpful and popped in at least once a day to check things were ok or to let us know about some event or concert that was happening that day. The hostel is very well equipped and is like a shared apartment. We only had two rooms sharing the kitchen and living space so it was very quiet and there was no queuing for use of the kitchen or bathroom. Brilliant place to stay

Sandor was a fantastic host and his passion for Budapest is infectious! After picking us up from the airport, he gave us an enthusiastic and thorough introduction to the city and all of the exciting events taking place during our too-brief stay. The hostel is luckily located across from cheap and gourmet hole-in-the wall eateries and some of Budapest's best ruin bars. I can't wait to stay at the Blue Danube again and absolutely recommend it to any and all!

• 13th Jun 2014

I can really recomended this place. It´s in the center of Budapest (nearby the train station Keleti) and the flat is quiet, but you are on the street with ecellent bars and pubs. The owner of hostel is most hospitable person who I´ve ever met.

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

The location of the hostel is perfectly located for sightseeing and nightlife. Sandor meeting with us on our first day was very useful for choosing where we wanted to go and knowing exactly where everything is and how to get around the city.

A grat place to stay - Sandor is brilliant, gave a great welcome and was helpful throughout

Blue danube was excellently located and had a lovely atmosphere, I felt like I was staying in someone's house rather than a hostel. Sandlot was incredibly accommodating and was full of useful advice of what to do and was clearly passionate about his city. If I return to budapest I'm sure to return to the blue danube

• 30th May 2014

Sandor is amazing. Loved every minute of my stay in this amazing city!

Sandor, the owner : never seen such commitment before in making you feel at home and telling you about all the good places. The location also couldn't be better. Top class!

Sandor was very helpfull in everything we asked. The airport transfer is great value, the maps and all the information provided made us know a lot of things about Budapest. The experience was great.

• 16th May 2014
  • Spain

The location is absolutely perfect- we could have spent our whole time on our own block and not regretted it. Sandor was a fantastic host, gave great recommendations and clearly knows his city very well. And the hostel itself was more of a 2 bedroom apartment, with another guest in the other room. We had a washer! Hot shower, comfortable bed. Highly recommended.

• 15th May 2014

This was by far the best hostel experience I've had! Sandor is absolutely incredible. He is so knowledgable about the city and gives great recommendations! He will go out of his way to make sure your stay is beyond amazing! Also, he gave us a free upgrade to an apartment which was very nice. Everything was very clean, the room included a tv, and the facilities were great. If I ever return to Budapest, I will definitely stay at this hostel again!

Everything was absolutely perfect about my stay here! The location was perfect, plenty of good food and bars on the same street. Apartment was very clean and spacious, and the host was very helpful in acquainting me me with Budapest and recommending things to do.