Blue Dream Hostel Reviews

111 Moo 1 Bantai, Koh Phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

The ultimate party hostel. They have everything, it's almost ridiculous how much they have to do. Very well staffed, they are cleaning up constantly. This is an extremely cheap hostel where you get a lot, so you should understand that they probably make most money selling drinks and food, hence the apparently very strict "no outside drinks or food" rule you'll find posted along with a fine all over the place.

As a first time traveller i didn't know what to expect! Very clean rooms, was quite impressed! Relaxed atmosphere which was great, good food and selection of drinks. Not an ideal location for the busy times i.e. full moon party, but if your willing to pay taxi prices then it'll be great! The staff were very helpful. Would stay again if i was ever on the island!

If it wasn't for the atmosphere of this place, it would probably be the worst hostel! The beds were pretty much all broken, weird red stains over the mattresses. The worst thing was the fact that there was only one bathroom between like 50 people. I'm all for shared bathrooms but this was taking it too far! Given the fact this place is always mad busy, I'm sure they can afford some reinvestment into their toilets and facilities to keep people happy!

Great vibe! Staff very friendly and willing to help and suggest you how to enjoy the island. If you guys are looking for place for fun and share your experience with people, this is definitely the right one! Highly recommend!!!

• 1st May 2015

Absolute lovely people, loads of fun, and they reeeeally take care of their guests and know how to party!

• 30th Apr 2015

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in on my whole trip, if not the best! Highly recommend it! You meet so many lovely people, everyone mingles. There's always something to do during the day, and the evening aswell. The staff make your stay worth while. Great location, not right in the centre of the party place, about a 10 minute drive away from where the full moon party is based, so you can guarantee a good night sleep as well as partying. Wish I could go back tomorrow!

Great hostel with a lot of facilities (swimming pool , football court , basket ball... ) the room was cheap clean and comortable . the french guys who owns the hostel are very funny and helpfull .

• 19th Apr 2015

Great hostel little away from haad Rin beach. Lots of facilities. Clean and social. Good fun and good price. Recommend staying here.

Room was a tip, Air Con sounded like the engines of air force one. Main disturbances by fellow stayers, not the staff who all in all were really helpful. Not for the fainthearted though, great resort for 24/7 party (non stop music all day) but not for those wanting a taste of Thailand at the same time.. It would have been better to head their for the party and slept elsewhere.. Recommend a couple of the beach bars and hotels down the road for a bit of peace! Or maybe we're just getting old...

Lively hostel for party goers, good facilities and clean rooms. Good service and convenient location. Highly recommend.

Good hostel. Staff are all French their English isn't superb just gotta speak slow. If you want a towel you have to pay for it they don't give your money back which is bs. They play loud music at night so if u want to sleep early it might be a problem. Rooms get dirty with sand a lot.

That was a great time in hostel. The pool is lovely. The hostel is good for party people. Staff is very helpful and polite, they provide scooter rental, help with trips or what to see on the island. They make even there own ice cream haha I know how it sounds but they do and they taste amazing. Hostel has a lot to offer, and at the time when I was there was a great atmosphere, and the owner really tries to keep the atmosphere there. Only one thing the Internet could be little bit better.

I couldn't be happier to leave this place a review. The staff took me in and treated me like family and the atmosphere at this hostel is second to none! I ended up leaving after 10 days but returned and stayed another two weeks. If you are going to visit koh phangan this is the place to go to. Scooter rental is available through the hostel and you don't have to worry about any scratch scams or issues. Their moto is come as a guest and leave as a friend - they completely live up to it, I loved it

The best hostel I have ever stayed in by far! Everything you need is right here. Extended my stay and have recommended to other travellers I have met. All the staff are very helpful and polite. (especially Mary and Babtiste) you can book all your onward travel and any trips through the office. Everywhere is kept clean and tidy with a great common area to meet new people or just relax with a beer. 10/10 cannot fault this place.

• 19th Mar 2015

Had a great stay here during the half moon party. Staff were so so friendly and helped us book our onward trip with no hassle. The hostel has a great atmosphere - a good place to meet people if you're a solo backpacker. They do 241 buckets after 10 and we had a wicked BBQ. Pool was a little filthy but other than that all round great hostel. Really good value for money! X

The staff does an awesome job of making you never want to leave the hostel. It's fun just hanging with everyone. Not a place if you want to relax. Go if you are in the mood to interact with other travelers and party.

• 14th Mar 2015

This place is bad ass. The facilities are perfect for partying, with a great pool and other game activities throughout the grounds, like ping pong or beer pong, if you prefer), soccer, volleyball, and billiards. The top-notch staff help keep the atmosphere electric, as do the large number of international guests who are always down for beer pong or a floaty race in the pool. If you like a party, or simply to be around one, this place is a must!

Very good hostel, I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff very friendly and helpfull. I just didnt liked that when I came back from the half moon party, I asked one of the french guys for a coke, and he sayed that he wouldnt get it and that I should go for a 7 11 that was 10 mins walk... besides that very good

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Hey Emilio, I'm glad that you liked your stay and our staff. Actually I'm the french guy that you're talking about in your review, but as I told you it was 5AM and I didn't have the key of the fridge. Sorry again, I hope you would understand. Feel free to come back anytime you want, I would offer you a can of Coke ;p

Very nice hostel and good atmosphere! Would definately stay there again!

Honestly the best hostel my girlfriend and I have ever stayed in. The staff are so friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and air conditioned and there's lockers with padlocks for security. The price is sooo cheap and you definitely get your value for money! The pool is perfect for chilling during the day and its only a short taxi ride away from Had Rin. Made so many friends there and will definitely be staying there again if I go back to Koh Phangan. From THAT Irish couple :D

• 12th Mar 2015