Blue Dream Hostel Reviews

111 Moo 1 Bantai, Koh Phangan, Koh Phangan, Thailand

I couldn't be happier to leave this place a review. The staff took me in and treated me like family and the atmosphere at this hostel is second to none! I ended up leaving after 10 days but returned and stayed another two weeks. If you are going to visit koh phangan this is the place to go to. Scooter rental is available through the hostel and you don't have to worry about any scratch scams or issues. Their moto is come as a guest and leave as a friend - they completely live up to it, I loved it

The best hostel I have ever stayed in by far! Everything you need is right here. Extended my stay and have recommended to other travellers I have met. All the staff are very helpful and polite. (especially Mary and Babtiste) you can book all your onward travel and any trips through the office. Everywhere is kept clean and tidy with a great common area to meet new people or just relax with a beer. 10/10 cannot fault this place.

• 19th Mar 2015

Had a great stay here during the half moon party. Staff were so so friendly and helped us book our onward trip with no hassle. The hostel has a great atmosphere - a good place to meet people if you're a solo backpacker. They do 241 buckets after 10 and we had a wicked BBQ. Pool was a little filthy but other than that all round great hostel. Really good value for money! X

The staff does an awesome job of making you never want to leave the hostel. It's fun just hanging with everyone. Not a place if you want to relax. Go if you are in the mood to interact with other travelers and party.

• 14th Mar 2015

This place is bad ass. The facilities are perfect for partying, with a great pool and other game activities throughout the grounds, like ping pong or beer pong, if you prefer), soccer, volleyball, and billiards. The top-notch staff help keep the atmosphere electric, as do the large number of international guests who are always down for beer pong or a floaty race in the pool. If you like a party, or simply to be around one, this place is a must!

Very good hostel, I really enjoyed my stay there. Staff very friendly and helpfull. I just didnt liked that when I came back from the half moon party, I asked one of the french guys for a coke, and he sayed that he wouldnt get it and that I should go for a 7 11 that was 10 mins walk... besides that very good

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Very nice hostel and good atmosphere! Would definately stay there again!

Honestly the best hostel my girlfriend and I have ever stayed in. The staff are so friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and air conditioned and there's lockers with padlocks for security. The price is sooo cheap and you definitely get your value for money! The pool is perfect for chilling during the day and its only a short taxi ride away from Had Rin. Made so many friends there and will definitely be staying there again if I go back to Koh Phangan. From THAT Irish couple :D

• 12th Mar 2015

Great hostel. Just make sure to ask taxi driver to take you to Hard Road, which is the other name.

Nice hostel with a swimming pool. We came here after the FMP so was all quite chilled. Comfy bed with good AC. Can't complain!

This hostle was an absolute blast! Didn't sleep much but that was the theme when you come down to the islands and I was okay with that. If you are looking for a great party with great people this is the hostle to go for.

• 3rd Mar 2015

Me and my two friends stayed here for the fullmoon in marts 2015 and we had an amazing time! They had poolparties, beerpong and football turnaments where we even got to beat the owner and win vip tickets to the jungleparty. We actually ended up enjoying the hostel more then the fullmoon itself. You wont regret staying at Blue dream hostel!

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Denmark

It's a very nice hostel. It's clean and AC is pretty strong. Only one thing: I booked and prepaid a taxi for next early morning. But the taxi didn't show up and couldn't contact to any stuff at 6 in the morning. I'd like to suggest the hostel paid the taxi driver when he shows up. No one should pay twice.

Staff are very friendly. My time here was marred by my own stupidity drinking too much! So I have been I'll the past 2 days. however we book another couple of days and were given 2 days free as a deal. So now my girlfriend and I can go see and do some things the island have to offer that doesn't involve drinking! Nice pool and music played all day so you could go for a dip and then just relax. Good atmosphere. Rooms are very basic with air con, but for the price that's to be expected.

Nice place

• 11th Feb 2015

I came during the quiet time (not full/half moon) so paid barely anything for a bed as well as free use to all of the amenities; swimming pool, ping pong, pool table, movies at night. Social area is great and is probably the easiest hostel I've been to to meet people. Wifi is everywhere and always works (they have about 8 connections) perfect for booking onward travel. Staff are also very helpful, especially Baptiste! Thanks for a great stay! Going to recommend to everyone I know!

Beautifully run hostel with the friendliest and most helpfull staff. Special shout out to Moon and Baptiste who are awesome human and made our stay that much better!!

• 7th Feb 2015

Quiet empty when there is no full or half moon party goin on. Nice staff, cheap moterbike rental, great pool, relative expensive cab rides to party beach nearby. Atmosphere is hopefully way better during moon parties.

Incredibly unorganised. Lots of staff but no one really knows what's going on. Paid cash for my stay and no one documented it, I'm lucky to be out of there on time and with my passport.

Very expensive during the full moon period in comparison to other dates. 750 baht a night with a minimum 5 night booking while other dates will cost just 150 baht a night. Great facilities and the staff are really friendly however the price is not justifiable for the bed you get and the location you are in.

• 2nd Feb 2015