Blue Hostel Reviews

Via Carlo Alberto 13 00185, Rome, Italy

Andrea was an excellent host, I have travelled globally and stayed in a number of hotels and hostels and I can honestly say he was one of the best hosts I have met. His courtesy, tourist and food advice were excellent. Warm, friendly and welcoming. In regards to the room, it was very pretty, well maintained and a pleasure to stay in. I will have no hesitation in recommending Blue Hostel to friends/colleagues when they stay in Rome and look forward to returning myself in 2016. Gavin

• 20th Oct 2015

Blue Hostel exceeded my expectations. My mom and I stayed here, We had the double bed private ensuite room, it was upgraded and spotless, the building is 200 years old with the original ceilings still in place which gave the room extra charm. Lots of stairs to climb, but not a deal breaker, even for my mom. Andreas was very kind and welcoming, had a map with several recommendations for us. Blue hostel is in walking distance to all the main attractions. I would definitely stay here again.

This was my first stay in a hostel setting and I found it quite a nice accommodation. The staff member who met us, Ercole, was very welcoming and helpful with both my daughter's and my luggage as we climbed the steps to arrive at our private room. Ercole recommended dining and sights not to be missed, all of which we took his advise! The room was clean and comfortable and had a nicely sized private bath with enclosed shower. There was also tea and coffee provided in the room. Excellent value

We appreciated the map and suggestions of places to go and made great use of both. Though the neighborhood is away from the tourist center, subway access is great and there's lots to do and see around Blue Hostel, too.

Excellent location and safe. Andrea was a huge help great restaurant recommendations help especially in a big tourist city where good spots can be hard to find. Room was very clean and comfortable great value for money.

Really lovely rooms within an apartment block with all the usual hotel room facilities. This place is sort of hotel rooms without the Hotel, it's not a Hostel so you won't get to meet people if you are after the social aspect. The location is fantastic and you can potter around to all the sites on foot or jumping on the metro and the team are very helpful. Lovely place and would stay again on a weekend trip.

Mixed feelings about this hostel. There is no lift and 80+ steps (4th floor). The welcome was brilliant: the guy was friendly, thorough, helpful and even carried my suitcase all the way up. BUT we never saw him again, or any other staff member. Not even during staffed hours. The cleaner settled our bill! New guests buzzed the apartments but went unanswered, making it hard to sleep during the day if you were tired. The room itself was nice with a TV, but given the higher price we expected more.

Brilliant - felt very independant like having our own flat but staff were available if we needed them. Carrying bags up the stairs was a struggle and I understand that you cannot put a lift in an old building but there could be a dumb waiter style lift just for the luggage

This was a lovely place to stay! When we checked in the guy was lovely and was very helpful for places to go eat and see. He was very chilled out and friendly. The rooms were beautifully decorated and lots of love and care had been taken. It was very clean and security was good, only my partner wasn't keen on our little old (bit flimsy) original wooden door that was to get in to our room. Air con and wifi good. Definitely recommend if you want to spend that bit extra :-)

Fabulous hostel, more like a hotel with roomy comfortable private rooms. Staff were fabulous with so many great suggestions, wish we had more time in Rome!

• 25th Jul 2015

I don't even know why they call this a hostel when it's exactly like a hotel! Beautiful room, beautiful bathroom, excellent location - we walked everywhere (even the train station and the metro). The gentleman that checked us in gave us a map and told us everywhere to go, he was so nice and helpful! AC and beds were great. We loved it here and never wanted to leave!!! We will 110% be back!!! Stay here you will not regret it!!!

Andreas is a fantastic host. Took individual time to explain the cities best places to first time travellers. Extremely reliable and friendly. Helped me numerous times and was happy to do it. The room is pretty basic, but the bed was comfortable and it is very clean. Only thing is it is on the 4th floor walk up. Lots of stairs but still worth it. A little expensive. But I did enjoy my stay there and Andreas helped us to enjoy Rome more than we would have if we didn't stay there.

Shocked at how lovely and clean the room and bathroom was! Andrea was extremely helpful telling us where to go and how to navigate the city of Rome. I would highly suggest this hostel to anyone. But I would earn young travelers that it's not a place with a common space for socializing with other travelers. Other than that I highly recommend!

Amazing place to stay in Rome! We loved it so much we extended our stay an extra day here. Private room with your own bathroom, towels, little fridge, and air conditioning. It was perfect and definitely worth the price!