Blue House Reviews

Joaquin Pinto E8-24 y Diego de Almagro, Quito, Ecuador

This is a fantastic hostel with a great, social environment. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and I met countless fun backpackers who wanted to hang out during the day and night. It is also in a very central location right in the heart of the Mariscal area. The only negatives are that I am a tall guy and the beds were a tad short and I received a small electrical shock when I touched the shower nozzle...not huge or painful but a bit strange. Overall, I will come back when in Quito!

Stayed for two nights and due to overbooking was upgraded to a private room for both nights at no extra cost. Staff is nice and helpful, and good areas to sit in mingle. The only thing was that there was a very strong smell of mold in the room and it could even be seen on the walls. Other than that, good location and very safe.

The hostel is located in a safer area with plenty of action and easy access to other areas. The staff was friendly and attentive, the facilities clean, and the price very reasonable, I could hardly ask for more.

• 10th Aug 2015

Staff were very helpful and friendly! Especially Rosy!

• 2nd Aug 2015

Carolina is my favorite! Best staff award goes to Blue House hands down. Hot showers, great location, and I met some of the best people from all over the world here. Great cozy place.

Close to the plaza Foch but in a quiet street, nice bed, nice breakfast, friendly staff. I would go there again. The only negative point was that I had little electric shocks in the shower and one of the shower only had cold water.

Breakfast was good and plentiful, served in a room with communal kitchen and TV. I found some of the staff to be a little rude but not all. Had to wait for the bathroom a lot but other than that it was really nice Good beds, good breakfast, good vibes

Blue house is located in a really great spot in the mariscal, it feels safe to walk around at night. The staff are fantastic particularly Andeas who is very welcoming and helpful. The showers were hot although one can be a little temperamental, one thing that could be Improved is kitchen utensils, as there aren't many. However that is the only real negative, great location, great staff and good showers.

• 26th Jul 2015

This was a great place to stay in Quito, located right in the heart of the Mariscal - where all the nightlife action happens and near a bus stop. The dorm was quiet at night and it was easy to go to sleep early if you wanted to. The free breakfast is a perk, although its not much more than bread jam and yogurt, its still something. They have a cool lounge area and reliable wifi, also plenty of outdoor seating on the patio. Hot water, comfy beds, working kitchen, good vibes. Recommended!

Beakfast is very cheap made. Could easily be made better, wirh real butter,instead of one hughe margarine pot, the plastic plate looked like a meal in jail...

Great hostel, good wifi, well located

I really enjoyed my stay at Blue House. Rosy and her staff were extremely helpful and knew me by name immediately. The rooms were clean and safe. Bathroom was wonderful, nice hot water. Not too much trouble getting into them in the morning. Breakfast was lovely. I would have preferred to have more activities during the evening provided by the hostel but I would happily recommend Blue House to any travelers!! Thank you so much for your help and hospitality.

Brilliant location with all necessary transport nearby and within walking distance to historic town, Great staff. Breakfast was basic (toast, jam, butter, Joghurt, cereal, milk, tea), but a good start for the day. And more than I expected. Bathrooms have always been clean. Highly recommended.