Blue House Reviews

Joaquin Pinto E8-24 y Diego de Almagro, Quito, Ecuador

We really enjoyed our stay at Blue House. The staff helped us with everything we wanted and the atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. Situated right next to the main plaza full of bars and clubs I would definitely recommend a stay here when on Quito

• 24th Jul 2014

Decent hostel

Great stay here! The staff was exceptional! The showers were always cold but that didn't really matter. It was nice that there were three bathrooms and towels were included. Wifi was very reliable and fast and the beds were super cozy and always clean!

• 24th Jun 2014

Good hostel great location. A party hostel. If u want to party stay here if you want to sleep don't.

Paid £4.95 for an 8 bed dorm with my boyfriend which was perfect, pool table, good wifi, comfy bunkbeds, the very friendly staff booked a taxi for us for $30 to the airport for 4am and there was a communal kitchen with a fridge and lockers for backpacks in the room and breakfast was really good. Excellent, would definitely go there again If was back in quito

The hostel was cold, although it was very clean. The showers were not very hot, but at least they were warmish. The hostel NEVER had any change, which was really annoying when wanting to buy just a bottle of water. The breakfast was good, however the layout of the hostel made it not very sociable and hard to meet people as a single traveller. It was a nice hostel, but they did play really loud music in the day, trying to be more of a party hostel when it really was more of a chilled one.

Awesome place! Pretty quiet atmosphere and very clean

The private rooms are avarage, i think they donT change the sheets. The shared rooms are better, i stayed at both.

Really cool hostel, about the location : bus at 50 meters, good wifi, breakfast ok, good cheap restaurants around and great night life close to the hostel. if you don t feel like dancing or sleeping late, no worry in the hostel it is really quite contrary to what I read in another coment...go in bluehouse u won t regret your decision!

A bit noisy cause of the music played late or the surroundings (busy street + clubs nearby) but nice place to stay, really friendly with TV room, billard, baby foot, and breakfast included A negative point was the hot shower didn´t work more than 1 minute but i don´t know if it´s usual or not

Good hostel but putting party music so loud all day long is quite boring. Even in party hostels it's nice to have chill songs in the afternoon... Also having too separate common areas "breaks" a bit the atmosphere. Apart from that I would recommend the hostel, especially for the location.

• 9th Apr 2014

Great hostel with friendly helpful staff! My friends and I had many questions about what to do in Quito and how to get to our next destination and they were quick to help with everything. Nice breakfast included, bathrooms were always available and clean. Nice outdoor patio and indoor seating area good for meeting new people.

Their driver charged me $35 when he drove me to the airport when it clearly says $30 at the hostel. When I emailed the manager Rosy, she kept making excuses why it cost more, then she stopped replying. Hot water was intermittent. Half the time in the shower was spent trying to adjust the water temperature. Bunk beds are tiny and mine was in the middle of the room with no guard rails!

We moved from one building because the room smelled badly only to move to a room where , when I layed down on the bottom bunk I was shocked to see that almost all of the wood holding the top bunk mattress was molded. It was disgusting. The staff was very nice and attempted to be accomodating but once we saw that we had to leave the next morning. Not healthy.

Okey hostel. Breakfast is really poor and the beds are not comfortable and to short. Pretty good common areas and the hostel is well located.

Good place, great location. Met some really nice people. One thing I dont like at all tho is that when we left there for a 5 day jungle tour, we made a reservation for the night we were coming back, and even paid 100% of it at the time of reservation, they had totally lost our reservation and wouldnt even give us the money back because I had lost the receipt. Please dont take reservations unless you are planning on reserving the beds.

Nice hostel, clean, well located. In a party neighborhood so if you want some calm, it's not your place. Half of the staff doesn't know how to use the booking system and we had to ask 4 times to have our stay extended. And they'll try to make you pay more if you book for 7$ online but put you in a smaller dorm Not enough showers for everybody, especially as the hot water flow is not sufficient for the 2 showers to be used at the same time. Good facilitiea otherwise. Breakfast is all you can eat.

it was great to stay at blue house. make sure that you book the one at joaquim pinto. there are 2 blue house. the staff are really helpful, and we made great friends there, definitly the place to be while in Quito. But please, Blue house, make another bathroom! =)

The man and the lady who work there are really great and helpful. There is younger boy who works the front desk who probably won't be Able to answer your questions so best to ask the folks running the place

I really enjoyed my stay at Bluse House HOstel. Mr. Arturo the manager was very helpful to all of the guess at the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6