Blue House Reviews

Joaquin Pinto E8-24 y Diego de Almagro, Quito, Ecuador

Really cool hostel, about the location : bus at 50 meters, good wifi, breakfast ok, good cheap restaurants around and great night life close to the hostel. if you don t feel like dancing or sleeping late, no worry in the hostel it is really quite contrary to what I read in another coment...go in bluehouse u won t regret your decision!

• 11th Apr 2014

Good hostel but putting party music so loud all day long is quite boring. Even in party hostels it's nice to have chill songs in the afternoon... Also having too separate common areas "breaks" a bit the atmosphere. Apart from that I would recommend the hostel, especially for the location.

• 9th Apr 2014

Great hostel with friendly helpful staff! My friends and I had many questions about what to do in Quito and how to get to our next destination and they were quick to help with everything. Nice breakfast included, bathrooms were always available and clean. Nice outdoor patio and indoor seating area good for meeting new people.

Their driver charged me $35 when he drove me to the airport when it clearly says $30 at the hostel. When I emailed the manager Rosy, she kept making excuses why it cost more, then she stopped replying. Hot water was intermittent. Half the time in the shower was spent trying to adjust the water temperature. Bunk beds are tiny and mine was in the middle of the room with no guard rails!

Okey hostel. Breakfast is really poor and the beds are not comfortable and to short. Pretty good common areas and the hostel is well located.

Good place, great location. Met some really nice people. One thing I dont like at all tho is that when we left there for a 5 day jungle tour, we made a reservation for the night we were coming back, and even paid 100% of it at the time of reservation, they had totally lost our reservation and wouldnt even give us the money back because I had lost the receipt. Please dont take reservations unless you are planning on reserving the beds.

Nice hostel, clean, well located. In a party neighborhood so if you want some calm, it's not your place. Half of the staff doesn't know how to use the booking system and we had to ask 4 times to have our stay extended. And they'll try to make you pay more if you book for 7$ online but put you in a smaller dorm Not enough showers for everybody, especially as the hot water flow is not sufficient for the 2 showers to be used at the same time. Good facilitiea otherwise. Breakfast is all you can eat.

it was great to stay at blue house. make sure that you book the one at joaquim pinto. there are 2 blue house. the staff are really helpful, and we made great friends there, definitly the place to be while in Quito. But please, Blue house, make another bathroom! =)

The man and the lady who work there are really great and helpful. There is younger boy who works the front desk who probably won't be Able to answer your questions so best to ask the folks running the place

I really enjoyed my stay at Bluse House HOstel. Mr. Arturo the manager was very helpful to all of the guess at the hostel.

We had bed bugs in our room..

• 22nd Jul 2013

need to get a functioning computer

It's a really great hostel if you're interested in partying. It is a bar/ hostel after all. Super friendly, helpful staff!

We stayed at the blue house petite and we were highly disappointed with the cleanliness. BED BUGS!!!! I would not recommend this place.

The staff is very caring, informative and helpful! We took the opportunity to go to the sauna (which is free if you stay 5 nights or more) and we definitely recommend it! Breakfast is great, we really enjoyed that! You cannot ask for a better location as there is a huge supermarket less then 10 mins walk and it's close to bars and restaurants if you want to party! The hostel is very clean and the beds are comfy! Kitchen could do with more saucepans etc but other than that - perfect! Thanks!

Its a pretty average hostel. It has a good location, is cheap but its a bit run down and depending on who is working the staff can be great or very disinterested.

Great Hostel in the hearth of Quito, close to all bars and discos but absolut not noisy. Great Staff, great place to meet other travellers but also just to chill out. Clean, free breakfast and towel!! Really good deal.

very good value for money! we enjoyed our time at this hostal in quito.

The team has been so helpful, patient and nice, it's a pleasure to discover Quito with them. And the breakfast !! After some time in Galapagos without breakfast, it was soooo good to indulge in the big offer. I recommend it !

Blue House is good value for your money in Quito, great location - really central in La Mariscal, but not too noisy at night. Could use some more bathrooms though 2 for about 30 people is not working really. Would recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6