Blue Moon Hotel NYC

Very Good 313 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Jun 2017
7.4

The location was really good, the room and ensuite were clean and the staff were friendly, though there are no lockers in the shared room...

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Jun 2017

Such a good location! I stayed in the all female dorm, it had the most amazing shower! I felt completely safe, however i was told that a man actually came into our room thinking it was his dorm. Not sure how his room card was able to work if it wasn't actually his dorm! Just glad it happened during the day when someone was able to tell him he was in the wrong room!

• USA, Couple, 41+
15th Jun 2017
6.9

We spent two nights in a mixed gender, 6-bed dorm room. Beds in the Abbott and Costello room are narrow twin beds about 18" to 24" apart. Very tight quarters. Be prepared to store everything under your bed. Bring earplugs! I cannot stress this enough. Street noise, even on the 6th floor, is very loud for most of the night because the hostel is close to an intersection, car horns, bars. Location is excellent for visiting the Tenement Museum across the street.

• Russia, Female, 31-40
9th Jun 2017

Highly recommend! Awesome!!!

• Singapore, Female, 31-40
8th Jun 2017

I stayed in a 6-bedder room for women. It was cleaned satisfactorily every day, including the ensuite bathroom. I visited in summer and during the hotter days the small air conditioning could not cool the room well. The electricity kept tripping too. However the location of the hostel is great, just a block away from Essex St/Delancey subway station, near nice cafes and restaurants and near enough to a great hip hop place called Bob's bar. I will stay here again in future.

• USA, Male, 31-40
6th Jun 2017
6.0

Tried to charge me another day because I didn't check out. I wasn't sure how many days I needed so the first guy told me book two and if you need the others just let me know and I'll extend your stay. I came back too do that but this time spoke to the Asian lady at the desk. She was very rude and uncooperative. I ended up having to move out and find a new place to stay on a Friday at 8pm then she tried to charge me on top of that for another day. 💰😡💰😡😡😡

• shannenandrews25105
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2017
4.9

Was hard to rate considering I never actually stayed here. My flight was delayed, which resulted in me getting to NYC 12hrs late. I emailed explaining this, and offered to pay a second nights stay as insurance, my stay was still canceled with no warning or courtesy email. This resulted in me turning up at the property exhausted, only to be told I wasn't allowed to stay here. Even though I paid.No sympathy or help was offered. I had to go into NYC and hope I could find somewhere else to sleep.

• Steffens14
  • USA, Female, 31-40
5th Jun 2017

I had a wonderful stay here! The staff was friendly (Alena was so sweet!) and I loved its central location. Thank you!

1st Jun 2017
5.1

This was not a Hostel. Droping Just few beds in a room does not turns a Hotel or a house into a Hostel. In my room, 2! King size beds and a cot. I got the Cot. The Staff mostly unfriendly. There where no facilities at all. No lockers available. It was clean and the location close to metro station was good as well

• Taiwan, Female, 31-40
30th May 2017

Everything is good, clean.the front dest receptionist is smiley