Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel Reviews

144 Bathurst Road, Katooomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

It's a bit run down and the room was quite small. There was spider webs and a spider in our room. Because it rained, also one snail came through the open window and was stuck in the window inside the room. which was disgusting. Laundry was free of charge, which was really nice.

I paid for a double room for a quiet experience, but might as well have been in the room next door I could hear every word through the wall and something like a coin being thrown on a dresser though could jot not imagine what it could be. I don't think they were being unreasonably loud, just the walls extraordinarily thin. Other than that, no faults

• 13th Feb 2015

The internet isextremely slow. Just can't do a thing on the interent in the evening whence most people are on-line. Bearing in mind my stay was in low season with only about 20 people staying in hostel. Can't imgine how slow the internet will be during peak season.

Good hostel. Near train station. You need to walk 20-30 min to get to the beginning of the path to the 3 sisters. Grocery stores are at 4-10 min walk. There were great big lockers in our room. One for each bed. You need to bring a lock. Kitchen is huge. There is a nice fireplace in the common room. You can use the washing and drying machine for free (50 cents if you want laundry soap). I recommand.

Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such lovely feedback! We're so glad you loved our location, our lockers and our kitchen! Not sure what you mean about bringing a lock though. All our lockers are lockable without a padlock and your locker key is attached to your room key. Thanks again for such a fantastic review! Hope to see you again sometime! Happy travels! Kind regards, the team at BMBH

Great place for a visit at the Blue Mountains!

• 29th Jan 2015

Nice hostel. Lockers in the rooms, clean bedding and roaring fire. Good place

One of the best places I've stayed. Great kitchen, well-organized and just a great place to stay.

It is good to inform guests about the rules but signs could be little more polite. Quiet and good place.

We had a really nice stay! The staff was very friendly and everything was clean and in best condition. The Hostel Is highly recommended!

• 18th Jan 2015

Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. World class kitchen and free clothes washing. Overall a really good place to stay. Tip: stay in an upstairs room.

Staffs were friendly. Clean kitchen and that were enough room in refrigerators. But the door lock didn't work sometime.

To summarize, too expensive for what is was. Did few motels near this place and for this price during the same period is too expensive. Staff not vert helpfull comparing others motels.

• 8th Jan 2015

Brilliant hostel!

Overall quite good hostel, though not best value for money. But staff were quite good

the wifi was really slow

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

I liked the hostel right after entering it. It has a great common room with enough room to relax, to eat and to socialize. You find people all ages there and everyone was very relaxed and it was never to loud. The outdoors areas are nice as well and the big kitchen is clean, well equipped and gets pretty busy in the evening. The staff is very friendly and tries to help you in any way to make your stay pleasant :) would definitely stay again.

Having stayed in over 100 hostels all over the World I can confidently say that this is the dirtiest and most poorly managed I've ever experienced. I had the misfortune to stay here for 2 nights and I know for certain no cleaning happened the entire time. With over 100 people sharing just a few showers and toilets you can imagine the outcome. No wifi! No air con! To summeriae this is a revolting, filthy, smelly hell-hole.

Hi. I am in general quite content with my stay. There are, however, at few issues I'd like to address: The kitchen and dining areas were anything but clean. Due to slack behaviour by other guests the areas were atrocious. This is not directly the hostel's fault but there seems to be a need for shaping up. Also, there was a lack of wipes, cutlery, glasses, detergent, and more. Maybe guests removed the stuff, I don't know.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Denmark

We have waited for more than one our for checking-in due lack of available staff. A huge line was in. I have never faced this in any other hostel. The toilets were really dirty. They were clearly more than one day without maintenance. Papers all over. The bed linen is clearly not washed every guest change. Especially pillow covers and blankets.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Avoid this place! Filthy, noisy and by far the most revolting hostel I've stayed. It took us almost an hour to queue to check in and whilst waiting the people in front of us who had just checked in were already leaving as they couldn't stand their room. Wish we had done the same. The rooms are noisy and dirty. The bathroom was so disgusting I didn't even want to shower. I'm doubtful the towel I had to pay to hire had been washed. The communal areas were dusty, sticky and there is NO WAY I would

« first « Prev 1 2 3