Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel Reviews

144 Bathurst Road, Katooomba, Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia

A very good hostel. I liked it so much that I even extended my stay. Great value for the money.

Only comment to make was that the pillow I got to sleep on was a lumpy sack and very difficult to sleep on. Other than that the experience was great.

• 29th Mar 2014

I am Chilean and I do not speak well English, the recepecionista did not attend me for my poor English, I found it out of place on his part because his work is being kind. Moreover I had booked 3 nights and when I get to the hostel advise that only 2 nights and would not let me cancel. The rest is ok.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Chile

Good facilities, excellent kitchen, room was adequate. The common area was nice. Can be a bit noisy so bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Laundry services were free! Wifi was also free but slow at times. Staff at check in were great. However, staff were very unhelpful when one of our party tried to retrieve her key deposit before opening hours. 9am is a late opening time if you charge a $20 deposit for every key and your staff on duty refuse to help.

• 7th Mar 2014

The fireplace in the common room was awesome after a days hike also when the temperature dropped in the evening! Spacious kitchen, bbq area and terrace. Great with free laundry and big lockers in the room. Not so good: too few toilets/showers, bad wifi, mattresses too soft and noisy beds.

Overall the hostel was great! Clean, big kitchen, and decent sized rooms. The location was also good, and close to the grocery store. My only complaint is the beds - they shake like crazy whether you're on the bottom or top.

Double bed private room was nice - but just a bed, nightstand, lamp and tv. Nothing to hang up anything anywhere. Clean, well maintained bathrooms. Three small washers/dryers in the FREE laundry - plan accordingly. Good free internet (weak in some areas, but great in computer room and lobby). Huge kitchen. Close to train station and shuttle buses. Highly recommended

everything 10

• 3rd Mar 2014

One of absolutely best hostel I've ever stayed in! Everything is just perfect-great location, very nice and helpful staff and perfect common room. Reccomended for everyone!!!! :-)

For real, this has been the best hostel I've stayed in so far. Even though I didn't expect the 12 person dormatory to be that great, it has just been amazing. Everything was super tidy, it smelled super clean and the bed was really good too! My compliments to the staff who are keeping the place really neat and tidy and are always willing to help out. 10 out of 10 might seem to be to good to be true, but this place deserves it.

overall experience was good with our stay at e hostel, especially with its location that is near to supermarkets and shops. our room key (card) was not functioning very well, but it was still a pleasant experience staying at e hostel.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • Singapore

We really enjoyed our stay here. Actually we planed to stay for only two nights in the hostel but in the end it was for 9 nights because Wochenende extended three times. There is so much to see and the hostel is just perfect. The kitchen and the dorms are big and Wifi and laundry is for free. I definitely can recommend this hostel (and already did a lot)!

Great atmosphere with friendly backpackers and staff keen to chat. Huge kitchen, great layout condusive to socialising, lots of bathroom toilet rooms, but room I was in only had 2 plugs, for 10 people. Top hostel

a breath of fresh air for someone who's been staying in hostels for awhile... FREE laundry, FREE internet, clean, giant lockers, good location, helpful staff, awesome kitchen. probably the best hostel ive ever stayed in for this value! would definitely return :)

Best hostel ever!!! Thx for a great time!!:)

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Austria

Stayed at this hostel for 2 nights on 7/8th February. Lovely atmosphere here, clean facilities, big kitchen and communal area. Can not fault this hostel. Plus free wifi, pool and foosball!!

• 7th Feb 2014

This hostel was incredibly good value for money considering the great facilities and staff! It is a little far from the blue mountains themselves but you can walk it in half hour or get a public bus there. The hostel itself is right next to Katoomba town. Overall had a excellent stay here.

• 3rd Feb 2014

A really nice hostel, despite having a smelly carpet in our room by the toilet we really enjoyed our stay here. Free wifi and linen was amazing and the staff were really helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Nice open space, had earphones stolen from commun room though but nice place to stay all in all

• 21st Jan 2014

Staff were very helpful. The room was very clean as was the kitchen. Nice and quiet after 11 pm as was required and requested of guests. The hostel is close to the railway station and has good access to shopping areas and restaurants. Good value for money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3