Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel Reviews

144 Bathurst Road, Katooomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

It was a great stay! Clean bed sheets, comfortable beds & great facilities. The walls are paper thin so bring some ear plugs. Great stay overall!

The staff were very friendly. We were happy with the hostel overall. A few minor issues: we weren't provided with keys for the lockers (we stayed in a private room so security it wasn't such an issue, but we couldn't put our things away), and the TV had no remote. In terms of cleanliness, one of the doonas had hair on it and the window frames were mouldy. The common area was nice and the kitchen facilities are excellent. The smoking balcony and BBQ area are great additions.

• 15th Aug 2015

Wonderfully stocked kitchen, plenty of bathrooms, very mellow vibe. The trains can be noisy though.

• 7th Aug 2015

It was soooo cold! But that's generally the issue here in Australia . The houses are not very well.

Nice place, room was a lot smaller than shown on pictures. But facilities were good, staff was helpful. Overall if I go back to Blue Mountains I would stay here again.

Excellent kitchen. Free laundry. Friendly staff, very nice and helpful. Comfy dorms with huge locker. Free wifi and if you dont have a computer there are a bunch available (desktops)....

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Staff very helpful at the front desk! Very patient ladies helped me with hiking suggestions and good plans to enjoy my stay in Australia. Big kitchen. Beds very comfy. Secure lockers, too bad we did not have a key for the safe. Clean. I had a good time :)

Best Hostel that I have ever stayed in. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Kitchen was the size of a hotel's, plenty of rings to cook on and storage for one's food. A strong Wifi available through out the hostel no restrictions on useage. Fantastic

• 27th Jun 2015

This is a great hostel, I highly enjoyed my stay. The free laundry is amazing and the rooms are spacious. You get a duvet and a warm blanket, even though it is winter I was very warm and cosy at night. Staff were very helpful and advised me on which walks to take. Only negative I can think of is there was some damp/condensation by the windows.

We had a good nights sleep. The staff were very helpful. The hostel is in a good location. The first time (this time is the 2nd) we stayed at this hostel we were a bit wary because of "Backpacker" in the title. In other places that can be an indication of poor management control of anti-social behaviour. I think, not so with Blue Mtns Backpacker Hostel. We would stay there again.

no real complains about this hostel, beds were comfy, staff were helpful-didn't seem to be many showers considering the number of guests, but we never had to queue. Large social area and games to play by the fire which was nice. The kitchen shuts at 10pm but living area open later, meaning we had no choice but to leave dirty cups etc outside the kitchen when we went to bed. All in all, if you are looking for somewhere easy to get to, safe and warm then it's the perfect choice. WIll stay again

The best of all things Hostel! Big community areas, great facilities, the kindest staff on the planet and right next to downtown and a bottle shop! I take trips up from Sydney often and I always stay at this wonderful hostel! Keep it up Blue Mountains and you'll see me again for sure! Not to be missed! Best spot to stay in Katoomba!

• 19th Jun 2015

Though it was nice and big and clean. Enjoyed the free wifi and especially the free laundry facilities!

the girls (staff) were very helpful and supportive, when l rolled my ankle they helped with ice, reassuring support and care.

• 12th Jun 2015

Huge hall , dinner and big rooms ... Slept in a 6 bedroom dorm, nice beds n lockers .. Clean bathrooms Will definitely stay again

The staff is very friendly :-)

• 7th Jun 2015

This hostel was incredibly busy when I stayed as the Dalai Lama was in town and it was a long weekend so during the day it wasn't as relaxing as I'd have liked. However the facilities were incredible. They included free internet, free computer use and free laundry. These were all appreciated!

There were a lack of working power points in the common room. Maintenance of the bathrooms could be improved - lack of hand soap and the Toliet paper ran out often.

• 6th Jun 2015

Nice location for traveling the blue mountains area. Major downside was the exit light in the room, so make sure to bring an eye mask!!!! Big clean kitchen, free wifi, and lots of local info.

This was probably the worst back packers I have stayed in, the rooms were awful, tiny beyond belief, freezing cold and generally depressing. The mattress was like a brick and by 6.00 am my back hurt so much I had to get up.

• 2nd Jun 2015