Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel Reviews

144 Bathurst Road, Katooomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

I went to the blue mountains from Sydney on the train so the location was good as it was only about a 5 minute walk from the Katoomba station which was good because I had a lot of stuff. The people seemed nice - drinking was allowed and there was a pool table and hang out area. The kitchen was lacking in cutlery and dishes, Pretty poor quality. The fridges smelled. Bathrooms smelled but showers were nice - hot and pressure. Wifi sucked but there was free washing and drying machines!

• 18th Dec 2014

The hostel was perfectly suitable for a place to stay that is safe and clean. However, it lacked any vibe/life to it. The staff we're friendly but didn't make any extra effort to create a home feeling in their hostel. As well, silly things like threatening signs of the sink to wash dishes were off-putting. In fact, all signage had a very directional and negative tone. It's one thing to have direct wording for those with ESL to understand but there was a clear negativity to the tone of the signs.

I had a great time at the BMBP Hostel and have only one conplaint: the free wifi they're offering is somehow not compatible with Samsung phones. That sucks if that is the only portable device you brought... the PCs available have internet but are pretty old and slow so that even this is not a good alternative. Otherwise great! Super friendly staff and great kitchen with loads of space!

• 6th Dec 2014

I've got nothing bad to say about this place! I loved it. The atmosphere is very laid-back but at the same time comfortable. The only detail that could improve, in my opinion, is the cleanliness of the diner tables (though i was there in a busy weekend so that might have been the cause). Other than that, I could even say this is the best hostel I've stayed at in Australia. Great value for money!

Well located, cheap hostel, right in the heart of the Blue Mountains, and only a short walk from the train station if arriving from Sydney. The wifi barely worked, but the staff were very helpful, knowledgeable about the local area, and able to suggest suitable walks and activities in the nearby reserve. Would definitely stay here again :)

Large common room and entry made for a good impression. Nice change from the crowded, dingy hostels in other areas. Kitchen is locked after 10pm, people left their dishes, bottles, and garbage on the common room table until it was cleaned up by a staff member. Lots of computers for use and knowledgeable on surrounding park, hikes, and attractions.

Best hostel I stated at in Australia!

My friends and I had a great time staying in a private room for a few days. The staff gave us tips on local hikes, and the hostel has a great rooftop corner for catching the sunset rays while dining. I actually came back after my friends left town to catch a few more hikes. Great spot!

• 20th Nov 2014

I had a pleasant stay at this hostel. It is conveniently located in the centre of Katoomba and easily accessible to facilities such as supermarkets and cafes. The staff was very friendly and recommended a great place to view the sunset. I would recommend backpackers to consider this hostel while visiting the Blue Mountains.

A great hostel, with awesome staff who gave us some great advice on where to walk in the blue mountains. Would definitely recommend!

Nice rooms, kitchen and common areas. One men's shower was consistently cold unfortunately. free computers and WiFi, even FREE washing and drying! Good choice for the Blue Mointains.

Great place to stay on a budget! Clean, friendly, great kitchen, cool lounge area with a fire! Very happy backpackers!

Hi Kristy, Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a stellar review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again sometime! Cheers, The team at BMBH

The 12 bed dorm smells awefull!

Very nice hostel, the only sad thing is that you cant get your things out of the fridge after a certain time (forgott which one, but is was early :P )

Great place! Clean, enough space for everyone, close to the train station and supermarkets and helpful, friendly staff. I booked an eight bed dorm and ended up having the whole room for myself. Probably the best hostel I've stayed in OZ so far...

Beautiful place!!!

Quite pleased with the accommodation. However on our 2nd night of the stay, there are other patrons having bbq right below our room, and the smoke + smell entered our room through the ventilation in the toilet making the whole room full with the smell.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

I was only there for one night and a very late check in (11.30). The night manager had been forewarned and was expecting me. Everything was handled in a friendly and efficient manner. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm and the only down comment I could make would be on the lack of power points adjacent to the bunks. Not a big deal perhaps, but handy for charging mobiles etc.

• 25th Sep 2014

Was a great place to stay (games, good equipment even if the kitchen could have more knifes and forks) and the staff was very nice.

• 20th Sep 2014

Staff nice and helpful, room was very nice, everything tidy and clean, especially the kitchen, would love to stay again

View all Blue Mountains Hostels