Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel Reviews

144 Bathurst Road, Katooomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

We had a really nice stay! The staff was very friendly and everything was clean and in best condition. The Hostel Is highly recommended!

• 18th Jan 2015

Staffs were friendly. Clean kitchen and that were enough room in refrigerators. But the door lock didn't work sometime.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • Hong Kong

To summarize, too expensive for what is was. Did few motels near this place and for this price during the same period is too expensive. Staff not vert helpfull comparing others motels.

• 8th Jan 2015

Brilliant hostel!

Overall quite good hostel, though not best value for money. But staff were quite good

the wifi was really slow

• 4th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

I liked the hostel right after entering it. It has a great common room with enough room to relax, to eat and to socialize. You find people all ages there and everyone was very relaxed and it was never to loud. The outdoors areas are nice as well and the big kitchen is clean, well equipped and gets pretty busy in the evening. The staff is very friendly and tries to help you in any way to make your stay pleasant :) would definitely stay again.

Having stayed in over 100 hostels all over the World I can confidently say that this is the dirtiest and most poorly managed I've ever experienced. I had the misfortune to stay here for 2 nights and I know for certain no cleaning happened the entire time. With over 100 people sharing just a few showers and toilets you can imagine the outcome. No wifi! No air con! To summeriae this is a revolting, filthy, smelly hell-hole.

Hi. I am in general quite content with my stay. There are, however, at few issues I'd like to address: The kitchen and dining areas were anything but clean. Due to slack behaviour by other guests the areas were atrocious. This is not directly the hostel's fault but there seems to be a need for shaping up. Also, there was a lack of wipes, cutlery, glasses, detergent, and more. Maybe guests removed the stuff, I don't know.

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Denmark

We have waited for more than one our for checking-in due lack of available staff. A huge line was in. I have never faced this in any other hostel. The toilets were really dirty. They were clearly more than one day without maintenance. Papers all over. The bed linen is clearly not washed every guest change. Especially pillow covers and blankets.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Avoid this place! Filthy, noisy and by far the most revolting hostel I've stayed. It took us almost an hour to queue to check in and whilst waiting the people in front of us who had just checked in were already leaving as they couldn't stand their room. Wish we had done the same. The rooms are noisy and dirty. The bathroom was so disgusting I didn't even want to shower. I'm doubtful the towel I had to pay to hire had been washed. The communal areas were dusty, sticky and there is NO WAY I would

I was very disappointed. First of all in the kitchen area I noticed there was no hot water boiler urn! In all of the Youth Hostels, back packers I have been to there is always an urn on the wall delivering hot water at all times, instead what I see is just 2 kettles. OK, I can live with that but what really annoyed me off was closing the kitchen down from 10pm until 7am. I'm a early morning riser ready to travel early in the morning and I need my coffee! So I had to buy it elsewhere.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff is very friendly and helpful in providing info. Had a lovely time staying at the BMBH.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

Great priced hostel, clean and very welcoming. Well planned and thought out, not just thrown together like some hostels are.

I had a great time there! Staff was really helpful and friendly!

Bra hostel. Lite mycket ljud hördes in på rummet. Fräscha rum och helt okej toaletter och dusch

Nice hostel in good location, with bars and shopping right around the corner. I felt welcome and secure. It wasn't a problem to extend my stay even at short notice. Free laundry is a good thing and should be an example for other places. The internet was really slow and I had constant problems getting into the wifi network - that's the only downside of the location. They do have a well equipped kitchen with good ovens/fridges, but its not too clean because people tend to leave there stuff behind.

I went to the blue mountains from Sydney on the train so the location was good as it was only about a 5 minute walk from the Katoomba station which was good because I had a lot of stuff. The people seemed nice - drinking was allowed and there was a pool table and hang out area. The kitchen was lacking in cutlery and dishes, Pretty poor quality. The fridges smelled. Bathrooms smelled but showers were nice - hot and pressure. Wifi sucked but there was free washing and drying machines!

• 18th Dec 2014

Guest running at night is annoying. Should put some notice for that.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Nepal

Just a very nice hostel in Katoomba. Would stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3