Blue Mountains Backpacker Hostel Reviews

144 Bathurst Road, Katooomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

This is a great hostel, I highly enjoyed my stay. The free laundry is amazing and the rooms are spacious. You get a duvet and a warm blanket, even though it is winter I was very warm and cosy at night. Staff were very helpful and advised me on which walks to take. Only negative I can think of is there was some damp/condensation by the windows.

We had a good nights sleep. The staff were very helpful. The hostel is in a good location. The first time (this time is the 2nd) we stayed at this hostel we were a bit wary because of "Backpacker" in the title. In other places that can be an indication of poor management control of anti-social behaviour. I think, not so with Blue Mtns Backpacker Hostel. We would stay there again.

no real complains about this hostel, beds were comfy, staff were helpful-didn't seem to be many showers considering the number of guests, but we never had to queue. Large social area and games to play by the fire which was nice. The kitchen shuts at 10pm but living area open later, meaning we had no choice but to leave dirty cups etc outside the kitchen when we went to bed. All in all, if you are looking for somewhere easy to get to, safe and warm then it's the perfect choice. WIll stay again

The best of all things Hostel! Big community areas, great facilities, the kindest staff on the planet and right next to downtown and a bottle shop! I take trips up from Sydney often and I always stay at this wonderful hostel! Keep it up Blue Mountains and you'll see me again for sure! Not to be missed! Best spot to stay in Katoomba!

• 19th Jun 2015

Though it was nice and big and clean. Enjoyed the free wifi and especially the free laundry facilities!

the girls (staff) were very helpful and supportive, when l rolled my ankle they helped with ice, reassuring support and care.

• 12th Jun 2015

Huge hall , dinner and big rooms ... Slept in a 6 bedroom dorm, nice beds n lockers .. Clean bathrooms Will definitely stay again

The staff is very friendly :-)

• 7th Jun 2015

This hostel was incredibly busy when I stayed as the Dalai Lama was in town and it was a long weekend so during the day it wasn't as relaxing as I'd have liked. However the facilities were incredible. They included free internet, free computer use and free laundry. These were all appreciated!

There were a lack of working power points in the common room. Maintenance of the bathrooms could be improved - lack of hand soap and the Toliet paper ran out often.

• 6th Jun 2015

Nice location for traveling the blue mountains area. Major downside was the exit light in the room, so make sure to bring an eye mask!!!! Big clean kitchen, free wifi, and lots of local info.

This was probably the worst back packers I have stayed in, the rooms were awful, tiny beyond belief, freezing cold and generally depressing. The mattress was like a brick and by 6.00 am my back hurt so much I had to get up.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Me and my partner stayed at blue mountains backpacker hostel for two nights. The positives about our stay was the kitchen is very spacious and has lots of facilities to cook with, the hostel is clean and we had a heater in our room which was good as it was chilly. The downside was they had problems with the hot water and after travelling around for three days and not being able to shower I just wanted to hop in and get clean but obviously couldn't. We know this couldn't of been helped though.

What a beautiful place to stay and relax.

• 20th May 2015

Should install heaters as the portable ones are not warm enough Wifi should be accessible in the rooms also

• 16th May 2015
  • Singapore

Everything was grea, exept for the bathrooms that were a little bit dirty.

Really good place to stay at for all travllers

We booked online and stayed for just one night.. Lauren was of great help and made sure we were well taken care of during our stay.

• 2nd May 2015
  • India

Loved the free laundry. Really nice staff and a relaxed atmosphere. The rooms were big and the bathrooms nice and clean. Good location.

Nice, basic hostel with great location. Few comments: Not enough bathrooms on the first floor (I counted two male toilets, with one of them being mysteriously occupied 95% of the time). Bad acoustics in the common room (while the football table might be fun for the two guys playing, it makes an awful lot of noise for the 30 other people in the room). Windows a bit drafty.

« first « Prev 1 2 3