Blue Mountains YHA Reviews

207 Katoomba Street, Katoomba, Blue Mountains, Australia

Nice hostel, really helpful and friendly staff. Only downside for me was there wasn't much in terms of atmosphere in the hostel, it's not the usual crowd you expect as it has a lot families and much older groups. Would be alright except I got the feeling they don't really understand hostel etiquette around being quiet in the mornings when other people are sleeping!

Friendly staff, nice hotel. Recomended for you all

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

I have would like to mention that I am not impressed with your night manager, Rob. Even though first hand he seems really nice, he is far from professional and quite alarming how he behaves. Apparently Rob goes around stating he is a masseuse. He invited me and another fellow guest for a massage in his room. I declined because I think it is highly inappropriate to do such a thing. The younger guest did go and later told me he massaged her naked with coconut oil and made remarks about her body.

The location is good, as is the kitchen and the common areas. We found that paying 5 dollars a day for wifi was pretty ridiculous in this day and age, especially given the price of accomodation here. The staff were unfriendly and very slow at check-in.

Great hostel with huge kitchen and communal area with fire- very cosy :)

• 20th Mar 2015

Great, convenient hostel for my stay in the blue mountains- definitely will be back

• 14th Mar 2015

I found this hostel rather average taking into account the service I received. Close to the rail station & main attractions so you can walk everywhere and save some money. Quite disappointed with the fact that I had to pay $5 for leaving my luggage in a coin operated locker after checking out (free before you check in though). No tea/coffee in the kitchen so bring yours!

Hi Hostel, I Loved the old house athmosphere, very Nostalgic. The location was great with the grocery store next door and Site seeing walking distance from the Hostel. I will recommend this place to other travellers...

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Finland

highly recommended: 1. it is spotlessly clean, especially toilets and shower room! 2. safe! even with locks (using keycard) for showroom and main entrance 3. each has a bed-light for bunk bed 4. i had to arrive late and the staff still prepares sheet for me, wont feel being ignored! thanks!!

View all Blue Mountains Hostels