Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

The blue parrot team is excellent and the hostel promotes activities for people to do together which made it easy to meet everyone. It's a small and friendly hostel with a homely feel, they had a fireplace in the common room which was very cosy! I have to mention that WIFI connection was speedy and free which saved me a lot of money because I was job searching. The area is very trendy and local, I thought it was much nicer than being in the central city where I was before.

• 28th Apr 2015

The Blue Parrot was amazing!! I absolutely loved my stay here! I liked it so much I stayed longer than I had planned! The location is perfect & offers easy access to the city. The facilities are clean & provide everything that you need for a comfortable stay. The small scale of the hostel is great & it allows you the chance to meet the other guests and the staff! It felt like home almost immediately & was the best possible welcome to Australia!

• 27th Apr 2015

Pretty good hostel, and the free wireless was a huge bonus. I had the bad luck of there being a big group of long-timers who were working in Sydney at the time, and they were not welcoming of others really.

We’re happy you enjoyed the hostel and the free WiFi! We’re sorry to hear you did not have the opportunity to get to know some of the guests because everyone is travelling solo so they’re interested in meeting new people. We only have a small amount of long termers who have been with us a few weeks (literally 3 people). We do have nightly activities to involve everyone, it’s a great way for the new people to meet! However it is up to the individual if they want to take part.

Really friendly staff. Social atmosphere and met a lot of nice people

Atmosphere could be better. There's a group of people who live there and just stick together. Some girls are not even greeting. One just thinks she owns the place because she has been there for so long and just turns lights though others want to read. Nice location though.

Hi, we are so sorry you didn’t have the typical Blue Parrot experience. We are a small family run hostel & have won a few awards for great atmosphere including “2014 Best Atmosphere in Australia” Award by HostelBookers, voted by our guests:-)We promote activities for people to do together such as surf trips &nights out. We did ask you to join us on nights out but you preferred not to, so we’re disappointed to hear that you felt left out. Thank you for your stay with us

I can't speak much for the facilities, as I only stayed a few days and mainly used it as a place to sleep and store my things. Well located, I had very little trouble finding my way from here to most of the places I wanted to see. Overall, it was decent.

Ideal location next to Kingscross station for easy access into town, or a fifteen minute walk to a great view of the Opera house and harbour bridge. Check in was easy and very informative with lots of info about the area/what to see and do. I was in a room of 10 girls with ensuite bathroom which was great and I met some really lovely people there :-) improvements: more plug sockets needed and individual reading lights. One main light isn't practical in a room that size.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback and the nice score you gave the Blue Parrot! We try to allocate 2 power points for each guest but if that’s not enough we have additional power boards at reception which we can provide you. We are always happy to help if you let us know there’s something we can do to make your stay better J Thanks for suggesting individual reading lights…we are looking into this right now. We hope you have a great time in Australia, Blue Parrot Crew x

Had a great stay at this hostel! It was clean and the rooms and bathrooms were spacious! Would definitely stay again! Also the employees there were super nice and welcoming! :)

Really nice backpack and friendly staff.

• 9th Mar 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful and made you feel at home right away. A quick tour of the hostel was a nice touch! The location is very close to the Kings Cross station, but is a bit of a walk to the main core of downtown Sydney.

Blue Parrot Backpackers hostel was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The area is nice on the border of a residential and urban neighborhood. It's next to a bus stop and the train station is only a five minute walk away.

Staff were great, nice to have a tour of the hostel on arrival! Price is a little steep considering their is no air-conditioning, and rooms/bathrooms are nothing exceptional. Kitchen can also get really crowded at times.

Good place to stay, but do not understand all the '' thing '' about that place : small kitchen, not a lot of space to cook, three bathroom and they do to the cleaning the morning when everybody wants to take a shower, and so on. But helpful and good location.

not enough bathrooms compared to the number of guests. Girls at the reception very smiley (not the guy though) Didn't understand why I had to pay the amount of 135 dollars cash and not by credit card... would be much more easier to pay big amounts in cash.

2 wonderful girls run this place and make it feel like you are at home. You constantly see people extending their stay. Truly a wonderful cozy place. Full of friendly people.

Nice place, great common area with free movies and free access to a computer. It could use one more restroom, in the morning you might have to wait for a restroom to be free but not to long. Also there's a backyard which is nice and big to have bar b ques or just hangout outside.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Blue Parrot. The staff were really nice, and the hostel is relatively close to the downtown area and Sydney's main attractions. The nightlife was excellent, and the Hostel had lots of fun organised outings that gave me many positive memories. I highly recommend this clean and easy going hostel!

This was my first stop in Australia on my working visa and is probably the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff were really helpful and very friendly and the hostel in general was very clean and well maintained. The room was very spacious, with plenty of room to spread out your belongings. I would recommend staying in this hostel to anyone and plan on going back soon!

Best hostel in Sydney.

A very nice familiar hostel, clean and well located!