Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

Had so much fun here. Came as a solo traveler, but everyone is fantastic. Loved the backyard patio and the staff is lovely.

I had spend a great time in Blue Parrot hostel. I will totally return! Thank you guys

Extremely friendly staff and is by far the best hostel I've stayed at in terms of friendliness and meeting new people. Good location right near Kings Cross station!

Had a great stay at blue parrot it was really social and great for people travelling alone. Staff were really helpful and friendly and location was good.

• 15th Jan 2016

The Hostel had a very young, energetic vibe to it. It's not very big, so you end up knowing more or less everyone that is staying there if you stay up socializing in the common room, kitchen or even at the couch of the reception. The staff was super helpful and nice and the place is close to little cafes, restaurants, supermarket and public transport. Certainly would stay there again.

Can't recommend the Blue Parrot enough, such an amazingly place with amazing people. Especially Charlie (girl Charlie) the cleaner and the stoop, they made my stay! Thank you BP

• 11th Jan 2016

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It feels like a comfortable home rather than a hostel, and everyone who stays here becomes like family. The rooms are incredibly clean, the kitchen is fully equipped, there's tons of social spaces like a big patio and a large and comfortable living room with tons of movies, and the staff are so helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Blue Parrot!

I've done quite a bit of traveling stayed in probably over 100 hostels this is by far my favourite!! Great atmosphere brilliant facilities and the most awesome staff!! Stay here

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Facilities are fairly basic and the kitchen is a bit hectic but everything is clean and works. What really made the hostel was the atmosphere. As a solo traveller I found this place to be one the easiest places to make friends on my trip. Really recommend it to anyone

The Blue Parrot Backpackers Hostel was a really lovely place. It's very small with about 50 guests when fully booked. Perfect for if you want to chill, go out, go drinking etc. Everything was clean and tidy when arrived and throughout. Would definitely recommend and would come back. Thanks :)

• 29th Dec 2015

Great atmosphere which is great for meeting other lone travellers. Location is good for walking to Circular Quay, Botanical Gardens and the Rocks but is in a slightly ropey area around Kings Cross. There are only 3 bathrooms in the hostel which isn't really enough for the circa 50 people staying there. You end up queuing for the bathroom and bathrooms gets dirty quickly.

Thank you for staying with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hostel's atmoshere and location. Please be aware we do have more than 3 bathrooms. There are rooms with ‘private bathrooms’ which are only for the people who have booked those rooms. But you chose to stay in a dorm with ‘shared bathroom’ giving you access to 4 bathrooms. We apologise if you had to wait for a bathroom but been Christmas & Nye we have been extremely busy.

I would have ranked this place higher because of the atmosphere and location. But for the price that I payed I think it's just average. I had stayed here over 8 days during the Xmas days and was much more expensive then other places. My friend decided to check out two days earlier and since he already had paid he said I could have his room. Blue parrot did not allow this and charged me for the room and took my friends money as well. This was after I already had paid over $800 the last 8 nights.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Thanks for your feedback, we are glad you enjoyed our atmosphere and location. We understand that you thought our prices were the only negative however the increased prices apply for only one week during the entire year due to high season for the Xmas/NYE period. We apologise if you felt it was expensive however our prices are competitive with the other top hostels in Sydney and in keeping with all accommodation prices throughout Sydney for that week. Good luck on the rest of your travels! BP Crew x

Fantastic hostel with a really friendly atmosphere, which is great as a lone traveller. Clean with a good location and helpful staff. There are nice communal areas, the kitchen is kept clean and has plenty of storage, the beds are comfy and there is always the option of going out or having a quiet night in. The only negative I have, is that the showers require a bit of skill to keep them flowing at a good temp, but I have experienced much worse in other places. Overall a fab place to stay!

People make places! Effie & Sasha make the BP a very special place. You are not going to a hotel but rather staying with friends. It's not an ultra modern 'hotel-like' hostel and it has good facilities, strong wifi and a great social atmosphere that can't be beat! Most people staying there are in their 20s and early 30s

• 17th Dec 2015

Very good location (you can walk to all the main attractions) but expensive neighborhood (to eat better go and buy something at the supermarket).

Really nice staff, place is really cossy! Beautiful for long and short stays and located in a interesting and fun area. Tram station, cheap food places, stores and boutiques located in the street. I recommend this hostel for young people specially for solo travelers because it gets fun at night. Some roomies are disgusting hahaha but the hostel does a great job cleaning floors and bathrooms everyday. It was a lovely stay!

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Mexico

Best Hostel ever met so many amazing people!! The staff is very friendly and helpful! Great atmosphere everybody hangs out as a group and the staff tries to get everyone involved! :) cons: Air conditioning would be nice as the hostel is pricy and it would be nice to have air conditioning as Sydney can get rather hot

Really loved this hostel! Met some awesome people! Good location and staff really helpful with suggesting where to go and what to visit (with free map). Check in isn't till afternoon but you can store your bags if you arrive earlier (you can also store bags after check out). Kitchen is a bit small and fridge space is limited. Overall I would definitely recommend staying here I had a great time!

Overall I'd had a decent stay at the hostel and would recommend it to other travelers. Being more on the introverted side, I was still able to meet some people. This hostel is on the smaller side (not a bad thing), and sometimes the bathrooms can be quite busy. The reason is because sink, toilet, and shower are all in one room, as opposed to a community dormitory style setup, so just be aware of that. The mattresses weren't the most comfortable because I could occasionally feel the springs.

We're happy to hear you'd recommend the Blue Parrot and you found it easy to make friends here! Yes we find it gives our guests more privacy when the toilet and shower are in the same bathroom...just like at your home:-) Sorry to hear about your mattress. Thanks for bringing it to our attention because they're not all like that and we have now changed that mattress to a more comfortable one to avoid future guests having the same experience. It was lovely having you stay, Cheers Effie (owner)

Somewhat lacking in facilities, but making it up in good atmosphere. Come here if you are willing to put up with imperfections in order to socialize with fellow travellers.