Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

Such a welcoming and comfortable hostel, felt like I was staying at a friend's home! Kitchen and bathrooms all kept neat and clean. Both staff and guests were very welcoming and every night something fun was organised for people to meet. Definitely coming back!

• 31st Aug 2015

Loved the Blue Parrot! Very clean, relaxed and homely hostel. Everyone's super friendly and I quickly met some awesome people (which was nice because I'm traveling by myself). 24 hour free wifi was great. Good location to explore Sydney, the area is were local people hang out, lots of cute cafes, bars, just a cool vibe. Highly recommend staying here!

• 31st Aug 2015

Had a fantastic stay at the Blue Parrot! Such a good atmosphere here, the staff were just the best, really welcoming and helpful, and I met so many great people here - almost everyone was travelling on their own, so it's a great place to make friends, and plenty of organised events, nights out etc make it easy to get involved! It's set up like a big house, so feels much more homely than other, larger hostels, and the facilities are basic but clean and well kept. Will be back for sure:)

• 30th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Typical average hostel. No frills, you get what you pay for. The staff was really friendly and helpful though!

We’re happy to hear you found the staff helpful! Guests have told us what makes us special is our welcoming staff, homely family environment & social atmosphere making it easy to meet people. We understand it’s hard to soak all this in when you’ve only stayed 1 night like yourself but we feel we offer more that your average hostel as we organise fun nights out and group trips. Oh, and free wifi is on offer too! We think these things make us a bit special :-) Cheers, Effie&Sasha

Blue Parrot is fine and has a good atmosphere. However, the facilities are a bit lacking. The beds are less than nice and the kitchen is entirely too small for how many people are staying there, as is the common room. Everything seems to get a bit dirty as the day goes on.

Coackroach in kitchen!! Very small kitchen with not enough storage space and not clean. Bathrooms small. Too expensive for what you get. A lot of long stayers which made for a clicky non inclusive hostel.

Very nice hostel with good people in an excellent location. Could have some more bathrooms during peak time, but then that's something hard to change. Really nice experience.

Everyone lives here, every inch of this small place, bathrooms, dorms and kitchen were maxed out by all their things and dirty! Kitchen covered in dishes and crumbs when I went to make coffee in the morning. I paid for two nights, left on the second night. Website says great for solo travellers, no way!!! People drinking LOUDLY all night on the stairs. Backpackers beware, if you are only staying for a few nights, you won't make any friends here, your staying in a messy group home.

• 10th Aug 2015

We are sorry to hear you didn’t have the great hostel experience we are known for. Our usual feedback highlights we are a very social & friendly hostel so we can understand your disappointment. However we note you arrived very late at night, went immediately to bed then left first thing in the morning which unfortunately does not leave much time to meet new people. We would’ve loved to have personally met you, but with such a short stay we didn‘t get the chance. Cheers, Effie & Sasha

Really lovely small hostel with a homely feel. Great location with lots of nice restaurants and bars nearby. A pleasure to stay there!

Nice place in a great neighborhood. A little dominated by long-termers, but everyone is great once you break into the group. More homey feeling than the mega-hostels.

Great hostel! Very friendly and helpful staff. Great place to meet people and good kitchen. Central to everything and there is always people going out or hanging out!

The blue parrot has the perfect mix of chilled and party atmosphere - you can chose which you want to join in with and be respected in your decision. The lounge area is really nice with a whole range of movies and games if you fancy just sitting and chilling. The kitchen is kept clean and has everything you might need. The rooms were bright and clean. I would definitely recommend the blue parrot to a friend!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Amazing place, great people, lovely staff.

The location and staff are great at this hostel, and the internet is really good for Australia because you actually get a lot of MB for free. They have a nice tv room with comfy couches and a fireplace, but the dining room area and kitchen are really small. They have one washing machine and one dryer (we had to run it twice to completely dry our clothes) which you can't use in the mornings, but there is a laundromat down the street which you can use. One the whole, we enjoyed our stay here.

Very helpful staff. When paying for the hostel I couldn't pay on the card and they only accepted credit card which was pretty frustrating.

• 27th Jun 2015

We're so happy to hear our staff were very helpful and you loved our location! We do allow cash payments or credit card payments for amounts over $300 which we do clearly state on our booking page before you make the booking. We hope you and your friend enjoyed the free upgrade for your room and we wish you happy travels in our amazing country!

Absolutely love the Blue Parrot. Mostly for solo travelers since its smaller than the big factory hostels and you meet others easily. Safe, free wifi, friendly people and clean. Located in a cool area with many nice restaurants and cafes. Easy walk to main Sydney attractions and transport to the main beaches.

• 9th Jun 2015

Love the vibe the team has created for anyone staying here! Appreciated the free wifi, courtyard, TV room as well as the double gates for security. Everyone in the staff was really wonderful, but I'd have to say Charly is my favorite! Such a warm, cheeky fellow that is just disarming to travelers who show up on their doorstep :)

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Meeting Effie and Sasha, the lovely sisters who run the hostel is enough reason to stay at the blue parrot! If you're looking for a place which is more than just a bed for the night and you want to meet other travelers and experience Sydney then I'd recommend this hostel. All guests and staff are welcoming and it feels like you're part of a big family. I booked 1 night and ended up staying on a few more just because I was having such a great time with everyone

• 3rd Jun 2015

The blue parrot team is excellent and the hostel promotes activities for people to do together which made it easy to meet everyone. It's a small and friendly hostel with a homely feel, they had a fireplace in the common room which was very cosy! I have to mention that WIFI connection was speedy and free which saved me a lot of money because I was job searching. The area is very trendy and local, I thought it was much nicer than being in the central city where I was before.

• 28th Apr 2015

The Blue Parrot was amazing!! I absolutely loved my stay here! I liked it so much I stayed longer than I had planned! The location is perfect & offers easy access to the city. The facilities are clean & provide everything that you need for a comfortable stay. The small scale of the hostel is great & it allows you the chance to meet the other guests and the staff! It felt like home almost immediately & was the best possible welcome to Australia!