Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

I can only highly recommend this hostel to anybody / visitor of Sydney. You feel like staying home with friends in a very cosy place with great atmosphere and most of all an unique, friendly and helpfull staff / managed by Effie & Sasha . I've seen many places in the last months of traveling, but this one is really special and unique !!!!!!

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Austria

Its a nice comfortable and especially small hostel. I think there fit about maximum 50 people in the hostel. So it's easy to get in touch with other people and although most of the people stay for some weeks and already know each other everyone was open and nice! Big and nice common room, clean kitchen (a bit tiny for very busy peak times like dinner...) nice backyard and especially the two girls who own the hostel are lovely!! Help u with everything u need!definitely a nice place to stay!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Very nice and comfortable hostel in a great location; walking distance to central Sydney, short walk from Kings Cross but just outside the fuss and the noise, perfect! Super friendly staff welcomes you on arrival and gives you all the info you can possibly want and need. Good size lockers in rooms and shelves to store your things, some rooms have ensuites and these are very clean, well-working wifi. Highly recommended!

I spent 3 days at blue parrots and I absolutely loved it! Great staff, great rooms, great atmosphere. Best Hostel on my travels in Australia so far. I strongly recommend it!

I may be across the world, but I couldn't feel more at home. Admittedly, I was slightly weary before my arrival after hearing some things about the neighbourhood of King's Cross but just after arriving, I was reassured it's a great place and I've felt so safe during my stay with no worries! I've only experienced the best memories here. I've only been traveling alone for a few weeks and as soon as I entered Blue Parrot it was so easy to meet people. It's really a special atmosphere.

I loved this hostel!!! Staff was awesome, people we're lovley. I'd definately stay there again and recommended this place to everyone!

Awesome hostel! Have stayed at a few hostels on my trip and rate blue parrot easily as the favourite! As a female travelling solo I found it easy to meet people, its a small and safe place and with friendly atmosphere. Had a wonderful experience also thanks to the great staff. Reliable and free wifi is a bonus! Stay here trust me!!

Nice place, would stay there again. Everything was very clean. Unfortunately the WiFi was not working properly during my stay.

Hello David, thanks for taking time to leave us a nice review! We do apologise for the internet needing to be disrupted for a few hours while you were staying with us but our internet providers where doing maintenance work so unfortunately it was out of our hands. The good news is that the internet is up and running as normal now without a problem! All the best, -Team Blue Parrot

Been to long trip to Australia, the staff on this particular Hostel was one the best I can recall. The two girls that run the place are awesome and make up for anything that the hostel may lack.

Hey guys, thanks for a great stay in Sydney! Had a great time and it was the perfect base to meet people and enjoy the city. Special thanks to staff Jason and Charlie, you guys work really hard and look after everyone! Hopefully, I'll be back for another visit.

Nice hostel, People were really friendly, always some people going out every night.

By far, the Blue Parrot is one of the best hostels I've been to. The staff is incredibly helpful and friendly, and are quick to respond to requests and complaints. This hostel is very small (housing ~50 guests at any time), but this is one of it's best qualities, as it feels like more of a big family than other hostels. The Blue Parrot offers discounts on other local attractions such as surfing and skydiving for travellers.

I had a great stay at Blue Parrot! It is close to the city without being directly in it! I could walk everywhere I wanted to go. It was a bit hard to fit in at first because most people there were staying for a long period of time while I was only there for 4 days but they were all very nice and friendly.

• 28th Jan 2014

Blue Parrot was the absolute best hostel i have ever stayed in. When i first arrived i was a little disappointed. It's basically just an old house..but i learnt quickly that that is what makes it so great! Blue parrot is not a hostel, it's a home. I made so many lovely friends there and it's easy to do since most guest are there for months on end. It was hard to leave and I'm thinking of going back. Great staff! Super helpful and friendly! Charly is the best little cleaner!

Blue parrot is awesome! It's the best hostel I have ever stayed in, the people are so friendly and it has a great vibe. Everyone makes you feel really welcome, great if you are traveling alone. I want to go back!

Great hostel on a very good location. Staff was very friendly and helpfull. Had a great time at the blue parrot hostel.

• 16th Jan 2014

Blue Parrot is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. As soon as you arrive it feels like home. Great common areas that make a really nice atmosphere. Sasha and Effie are awesome and everyone staying here is so nice! Rooms are clean, property is secure, kitchen has everything you could need. Have stayed in other hostels in Sydney and they really don't compare at all.

Small hostel with lovely staff, and nice atmosphere. Only downside is there are only 3 toilet/shower rooms for the whole hostel which meant there was always quite a wait to even go to the toilet.

We're glad you had a great time here! To clarify, there are actually 7 toilets/showers in the hostel - some of the rooms have toilets/showers inside the room "private bathroom" rooms - which you would not have had access to because you chose to stay in a room with a shared bathroom. We hope you enjoy your travels in our beautiful country x BP

Awesome atmosphere, had a blast

Thanks for a couple of awesome days. Very nice and helpful staff. I checked out at 10am and could store my stuff till 7pm when I was allowed to take a last shower as well. I really appreciated the free wifi. The familiar atmosphere makes it easy to meet new people thus it's the best way to discover the great city. If there is a possibility for another trip to Australia I will definitely stay at Blue Parrots again.

• 10th Jan 2014