Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

Had a great stay at this hostel! It was clean and the rooms and bathrooms were spacious! Would definitely stay again! Also the employees there were super nice and welcoming! :)

Really nice backpack and friendly staff.

• 9th Mar 2015

Blue Parrot Backpackers hostel was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The area is nice on the border of a residential and urban neighborhood. It's next to a bus stop and the train station is only a five minute walk away.

Staff were great, nice to have a tour of the hostel on arrival! Price is a little steep considering their is no air-conditioning, and rooms/bathrooms are nothing exceptional. Kitchen can also get really crowded at times.

Good place to stay, but do not understand all the '' thing '' about that place : small kitchen, not a lot of space to cook, three bathroom and they do to the cleaning the morning when everybody wants to take a shower, and so on. But helpful and good location.

not enough bathrooms compared to the number of guests. Girls at the reception very smiley (not the guy though) Didn't understand why I had to pay the amount of 135 dollars cash and not by credit card... would be much more easier to pay big amounts in cash.

2 wonderful girls run this place and make it feel like you are at home. You constantly see people extending their stay. Truly a wonderful cozy place. Full of friendly people.

Nice place, great common area with free movies and free access to a computer. It could use one more restroom, in the morning you might have to wait for a restroom to be free but not to long. Also there's a backyard which is nice and big to have bar b ques or just hangout outside.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Blue Parrot. The staff were really nice, and the hostel is relatively close to the downtown area and Sydney's main attractions. The nightlife was excellent, and the Hostel had lots of fun organised outings that gave me many positive memories. I highly recommend this clean and easy going hostel!

This was my first stop in Australia on my working visa and is probably the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff were really helpful and very friendly and the hostel in general was very clean and well maintained. The room was very spacious, with plenty of room to spread out your belongings. I would recommend staying in this hostel to anyone and plan on going back soon!

Best hostel in Sydney.

A very nice familiar hostel, clean and well located!

Kings Cross offers many hostels and this is the best one. While the hostel is somewhat strict about rules of conduct (monetary fines up to $50 and/or eviction) within the hostel the environment in turn stays in order. The facilities are nice, including a BBQ grill outside, gas stove-tops, leather furniture and a big screen entertainment system in the den. However, as in any hostel the kitchen can become crowded and the Blue Parrot Backpackers SEVERELY needs another sink. I will stay here again.

Would recommend. Knowledgeable staff are there to help you! Clean rooms. Nice patio out back with a good grill for bbq!

Great hostel!! V easy to meet people, chilled but always someone going out, very social, v friendly staff and good location, defo recommend!!

Absolutely amazing. Great atmosphere, clean, good facilities, great location. Real quality backpacker experience. The staff takes it above others though, they are stars, every single one of them. Thanks for the great stay guys.

This is a nice, small, chilled hostel but my stay was tainted by the stringent policies. I think the owners are too money oriented which created an uncomfortable atmosphere for me. Having travelled for 4 months I've never came across a hostel so inflexible and unreasonable. Just make sure you read the terms&conditions because if they can get your money they will! I paid an extra $80 for late cancellations even though the hostel was full, hence I didn't put them out of money!

We understand plans change & so we ask for just 2 days cancellation notice which we feel is reasonable (same standard terms as most hostels). We do our best to make the customer aware that there is 2 days notice required: both at the time of booking & after making the booking we send an email. You made 2 bookings & both bookings you chose to cancel on the day of arrival. We don't feel its fair that you blame the hostel for its terms which you were aware of & for you making the same mistake twice

Not enough power outlets.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback and the nice score you gave the Blue Parrot! We do provide extra power boards in all the rooms but unfortunately people often like them so much they take them with them once they leave :-(! We have additional power boards which can provided to you at reception upon request. We are always happy to help if you let us know there’s a problem while you’re here :-) Safe travels, Blue Parrot Crew x

Had a nice time. Very clean and small so you can easily make friends. Only thing that was bad was he noise from the street during the night/morning because we had to leave the windows open (it was way too hot otherwise in a room with 10 people) Despite that I can only recommend the place!

Thanks for taking the time to review our hostel, we're very happy that you would recommend the Blue Parrot! We are sorry you were disturbed by the street noise, being in such a good central location we sometimes get city action! We also have rooms that are facing the courtyard, not the street, and they tend to be quieter. All the best and have a great new year - Blue Parrot Team xx

Hostel in a great location, nearby Kings Cross, plenty of night life and places to eat, but with several facilities issues. There was no air conditioner, and the rooms were as hot as hell in the summer. Another thing was the low number of sockets, making very difficult to charge your phone. The bathrooms were ok, but the sink was a little bit small.