Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

Very helpful staff. When paying for the hostel I couldn't pay on the card and they only accepted credit card which was pretty frustrating.

• 27th Jun 2015

Absolutely love the Blue Parrot. Mostly for solo travelers since its smaller than the big factory hostels and you meet others easily. Safe, free wifi, friendly people and clean. Located in a cool area with many nice restaurants and cafes. Easy walk to main Sydney attractions and transport to the main beaches.

• 9th Jun 2015

Love the vibe the team has created for anyone staying here! Appreciated the free wifi, courtyard, TV room as well as the double gates for security. Everyone in the staff was really wonderful, but I'd have to say Charly is my favorite! Such a warm, cheeky fellow that is just disarming to travelers who show up on their doorstep :)

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

Meeting Effie and Sasha, the lovely sisters who run the hostel is enough reason to stay at the blue parrot! If you're looking for a place which is more than just a bed for the night and you want to meet other travelers and experience Sydney then I'd recommend this hostel. All guests and staff are welcoming and it feels like you're part of a big family. I booked 1 night and ended up staying on a few more just because I was having such a great time with everyone

• 3rd Jun 2015

The blue parrot team is excellent and the hostel promotes activities for people to do together which made it easy to meet everyone. It's a small and friendly hostel with a homely feel, they had a fireplace in the common room which was very cosy! I have to mention that WIFI connection was speedy and free which saved me a lot of money because I was job searching. The area is very trendy and local, I thought it was much nicer than being in the central city where I was before.

• 28th Apr 2015

The Blue Parrot was amazing!! I absolutely loved my stay here! I liked it so much I stayed longer than I had planned! The location is perfect & offers easy access to the city. The facilities are clean & provide everything that you need for a comfortable stay. The small scale of the hostel is great & it allows you the chance to meet the other guests and the staff! It felt like home almost immediately & was the best possible welcome to Australia!

Pretty good hostel, and the free wireless was a huge bonus. I had the bad luck of there being a big group of long-timers who were working in Sydney at the time, and they were not welcoming of others really.

We’re happy you enjoyed the hostel and the free WiFi! We’re sorry to hear you did not have the opportunity to get to know some of the guests because everyone is travelling solo so they’re interested in meeting new people. We only have a small amount of long termers who have been with us a few weeks (literally 3 people). We do have nightly activities to involve everyone, it’s a great way for the new people to meet! However it is up to the individual if they want to take part.

Really friendly staff. Social atmosphere and met a lot of nice people

Atmosphere could be better. There's a group of people who live there and just stick together. Some girls are not even greeting. One just thinks she owns the place because she has been there for so long and just turns lights though others want to read. Nice location though.

Hi, we are so sorry you didn’t have the typical Blue Parrot experience. We are a small family run hostel & have won a few awards for great atmosphere including “2014 Best Atmosphere in Australia” Award by HostelBookers, voted by our guests:-)We promote activities for people to do together such as surf trips &nights out. We did ask you to join us on nights out but you preferred not to, so we’re disappointed to hear that you felt left out. Thank you for your stay with us

I can't speak much for the facilities, as I only stayed a few days and mainly used it as a place to sleep and store my things. Well located, I had very little trouble finding my way from here to most of the places I wanted to see. Overall, it was decent.

Ideal location next to Kingscross station for easy access into town, or a fifteen minute walk to a great view of the Opera house and harbour bridge. Check in was easy and very informative with lots of info about the area/what to see and do. I was in a room of 10 girls with ensuite bathroom which was great and I met some really lovely people there :-) improvements: more plug sockets needed and individual reading lights. One main light isn't practical in a room that size.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback and the nice score you gave the Blue Parrot! We try to allocate 2 power points for each guest but if that’s not enough we have additional power boards at reception which we can provide you. We are always happy to help if you let us know there’s something we can do to make your stay better J Thanks for suggesting individual reading lights…we are looking into this right now. We hope you have a great time in Australia, Blue Parrot Crew x

Had a great stay at this hostel! It was clean and the rooms and bathrooms were spacious! Would definitely stay again! Also the employees there were super nice and welcoming! :)

Really nice backpack and friendly staff.

• 9th Mar 2015

The staff were very friendly and helpful and made you feel at home right away. A quick tour of the hostel was a nice touch! The location is very close to the Kings Cross station, but is a bit of a walk to the main core of downtown Sydney.

Blue Parrot Backpackers hostel was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The area is nice on the border of a residential and urban neighborhood. It's next to a bus stop and the train station is only a five minute walk away.

Staff were great, nice to have a tour of the hostel on arrival! Price is a little steep considering their is no air-conditioning, and rooms/bathrooms are nothing exceptional. Kitchen can also get really crowded at times.

Good place to stay, but do not understand all the '' thing '' about that place : small kitchen, not a lot of space to cook, three bathroom and they do to the cleaning the morning when everybody wants to take a shower, and so on. But helpful and good location.

not enough bathrooms compared to the number of guests. Girls at the reception very smiley (not the guy though) Didn't understand why I had to pay the amount of 135 dollars cash and not by credit card... would be much more easier to pay big amounts in cash.

2 wonderful girls run this place and make it feel like you are at home. You constantly see people extending their stay. Truly a wonderful cozy place. Full of friendly people.

The Blue Parrot is a great place to be! Effie and Sasha make you feel very welcome in this hostel. It has a very close knit community feel to it which means making friends is very easy here! The location is great too as it offer close links to public transport and a nice walk to the Sydney Opera house. Very easy to get various beaches. The hostel also has an open courtyard, hammocks, BBQ grill, a spacious TV lounge with access to computers for free internet usage. A great place to be!

• 15th Feb 2015