Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

not enough bathrooms compared to the number of guests. Girls at the reception very smiley (not the guy though) Didn't understand why I had to pay the amount of 135 dollars cash and not by credit card... would be much more easier to pay big amounts in cash.

2 wonderful girls run this place and make it feel like you are at home. You constantly see people extending their stay. Truly a wonderful cozy place. Full of friendly people.

The Blue Parrot is a great place to be! Effie and Sasha make you feel very welcome in this hostel. It has a very close knit community feel to it which means making friends is very easy here! The location is great too as it offer close links to public transport and a nice walk to the Sydney Opera house. Very easy to get various beaches. The hostel also has an open courtyard, hammocks, BBQ grill, a spacious TV lounge with access to computers for free internet usage. A great place to be!

• 15th Feb 2015

Nice place, great common area with free movies and free access to a computer. It could use one more restroom, in the morning you might have to wait for a restroom to be free but not to long. Also there's a backyard which is nice and big to have bar b ques or just hangout outside.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Blue Parrot. The staff were really nice, and the hostel is relatively close to the downtown area and Sydney's main attractions. The nightlife was excellent, and the Hostel had lots of fun organised outings that gave me many positive memories. I highly recommend this clean and easy going hostel!

This was my first stop in Australia on my working visa and is probably the best hostel I have stayed in. The staff were really helpful and very friendly and the hostel in general was very clean and well maintained. The room was very spacious, with plenty of room to spread out your belongings. I would recommend staying in this hostel to anyone and plan on going back soon!

Best hostel in Sydney.

A very nice familiar hostel, clean and well located!

First hostel we ever stayed in, and now that we have experience with others I am happy to say it was one of the best! It is a very small hostel, so it is easy to get to know everyone and that's the best part about traveling. Love the group outings in King Cross. Have heard that King Cross isn't the best area, but we had no problems at all and felt safe at all times. Bathrooms could be cleaner. Would recommend :)

Kings Cross offers many hostels and this is the best one. While the hostel is somewhat strict about rules of conduct (monetary fines up to $50 and/or eviction) within the hostel the environment in turn stays in order. The facilities are nice, including a BBQ grill outside, gas stove-tops, leather furniture and a big screen entertainment system in the den. However, as in any hostel the kitchen can become crowded and the Blue Parrot Backpackers SEVERELY needs another sink. I will stay here again.

1 2 Next » last »