Blue Parrot Backpackers Reviews

87 Macleay Street, Potts Point, Sydney, Australia

The blue parrot team is excellent and the hostel promotes activities for people to do together which made it easy to meet everyone. It's a small and friendly hostel with a homely feel, they had a fireplace in the common room which was very cosy! I have to mention that WIFI connection was speedy and free which saved me a lot of money because I was job searching. The area is very trendy and local, I thought it was much nicer than being in the central city where I was before.

• 28th Apr 2015

The Blue Parrot was amazing!! I absolutely loved my stay here! I liked it so much I stayed longer than I had planned! The location is perfect & offers easy access to the city. The facilities are clean & provide everything that you need for a comfortable stay. The small scale of the hostel is great & it allows you the chance to meet the other guests and the staff! It felt like home almost immediately & was the best possible welcome to Australia!

Pretty good hostel, and the free wireless was a huge bonus. I had the bad luck of there being a big group of long-timers who were working in Sydney at the time, and they were not welcoming of others really.

We’re happy you enjoyed the hostel and the free WiFi! We’re sorry to hear you did not have the opportunity to get to know some of the guests because everyone is travelling solo so they’re interested in meeting new people. We only have a small amount of long termers who have been with us a few weeks (literally 3 people). We do have nightly activities to involve everyone, it’s a great way for the new people to meet! However it is up to the individual if they want to take part.

Really friendly staff. Social atmosphere and met a lot of nice people

Atmosphere could be better. There's a group of people who live there and just stick together. Some girls are not even greeting. One just thinks she owns the place because she has been there for so long and just turns lights though others want to read. Nice location though.

Hi, we are so sorry you didn’t have the typical Blue Parrot experience. We are a small family run hostel & have won a few awards for great atmosphere including “2014 Best Atmosphere in Australia” Award by HostelBookers, voted by our guests:-)We promote activities for people to do together such as surf trips &nights out. We did ask you to join us on nights out but you preferred not to, so we’re disappointed to hear that you felt left out. Thank you for your stay with us

1 2 Next » last »