Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

I could get in to my room with out a key. There was mould on the walls next to where I slept. The woman who cleans the floors doesn't sweep or anything and uses the same water through the whole place to clean. It constantly smells like sweat and other negative things. I met some cool people in the common room- including some staff that I met there. But most of the staff I met on duty weren't exactly warm and inviting. This is the worst place I have stayed and I do not recommend it to anyone.

• 16th May 2015

My partner and I stayed in a private room, so I can't speak for the dorms, but we very much enjoyed our stay. The private room we had even included a tv and tea/coffee! While the kitchen (fully equipped) was very useful and a nice place to sit to have a meal, the other guests constantly left it filthy. Same with the toilets, and although the hostel staff did their best to keep up with the mess, it seemed that there were always piles of dirty dishes next to the sink. Great bier garten!!!

Decent for the price! Simple breakfast of toast and cereal was included and the place is just short bus ride away from central London. The bar/restaurant downstairs provided a bit of entertainment with some DJ's and an open mic night. The downside was that it was a bit loud when we wanted to go to sleep early, but it was pretty quiet by 1 a.m. Overall, a fine, no-frills choice if you're looking to do London on the cheap.

The rats, bathroom and common area cleanliness could have been better

• 30th Apr 2015

I gladly return to this hostel. Mostly because of the staff who are very nice and friendly. The overall atmosphere is very good.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

The staff and vibe of this place was great. So glad I stayed here and will be coming back for sure :)

• 30th Mar 2015

lovely stay. staff were very helpful with me being an out of towner. location is right next to the train station so very easy to find, and easy to take a train into london bridge station. would definetely recommend staying at this hostel

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great place, very friendly staff and great food and drink served and literally seconds from the station.

• 21st Mar 2015

Good location right next to Tulse Hill train station. Great pub downstairs.In easy reach of Balham (Banana Cabaret comedy club) , Tooting (Curry capital of London!),Clapham, Brixton.Wimbledon. Free breakfast available all day! Nice staff.Laid back, easy going , a bit rough around the edges but characterful. Great!

Could do much better in all prospects, 90% of guests are permanent tenants living there...

It has been a beautiful experience spend two nights in this place. The pub downstairs has a fascinating atmosphere and the toilets are clean.

• 27th Feb 2015

Me and my girfriend stayed in the Double room for 3 nights, loved the atmosphere in the pub downstairs, had no trouble sleeping and had a lot of fun - would recommend it to all of my friends

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Israel

Unfortunately this has been one of my worst hostel experiences. Upon arrival I had to wait in a crowded bar for someone to show me my room. The room door did not close, there were no free lockers for me to use and the toilets were the filthiest I had seen. Showers at least didn't have number 2's in them. I genuinely felt disgusted and if I was here for more than two days I might have left upon arrival. Food was very average. Only thing that was good were probably the friendly staff.

I had a very pleasant experience with this hostel! I was "worried" about the place I could find taking into account it was very cheap and in London; fortunately, I found what I wanted! A place to sleep where my sister and I could spend in a comfortable and cheap way. We found very clean facilities and the staff was completely attentive before and after I arrived via email or personally for several issues. It is easy to get to the centre as the bus stop is 2 min walking to get to the tube. Tks!