Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

Very friendly staff and a nice place to stay

• 8th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel!! Located above a great London pub with an amazing garden and fun atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and were helpful when I had questions about London i.e. directions, where to go and good things to do. Very good value for money so would def come and stay again.

• 5th Sep 2014

Right next to a train station so good transport connections. It's upstairs from a bar and very noisy until 1:30am on Fri and Sat. Mouse-traps in the room concerned me. Wi-fi good.

• 5th Sep 2014

Lovely friendly staff and right next to the station, very very cool pub downstairs with awesome garden I loved it

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Bangladesh

The hostel had a good atmosphere, it reminded me of my favourite pub in Ghent. Lively music at night, so not for light sleepers. All the basics were there: bed, blankets and sheets, even a big Pikachu towel to welcome me (had to smile when I saw that), lockers in the room, shower was decent, a communal kitchen (though their microwave doesn't work, but if you want to bake cookies, there's a real oven) and a large garden where you can sit.

The staff is all really cool and helpful. The location is a bit out of city center and depending how saavy you are, can be really difficult to find. It's you'd average hostel, not a bad value for the money. Free WIFI, but no free breakfast as advertised.

The location of the hostel (directly next to a train station) is great. The pub beneath the hostel is also very nice, we can absolutely recommend it. The rooms were a little crammed, but the beds were confy and mostly very clean. However, the over all hygiene of the hostel was poor, the hallways constantly smelled badly, the showers were always very unclean and the bathrooms not much better. For a short stay during which we rarely(!) spend time in the hostel it was okay and the price was good

• 31st Jul 2014

Durty durty durty. The girl that works in the pub was really rude to me. I was going just asking her about my deposit and she didn't want to hear me, started screaming saying she was busy. She just need to remember that we pay her wage, anyway, don't go. No wifi signal in my room. I got double bed.

• 6th Jul 2014

Good location right next to train and bus stop. Friendly and helpful staff though some more information about the city, sightseeing etc would have been good. Nice and clean room with comfy bed. Super nice back garden!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Had a great time! Loved the staff and other people at the hostel. Would definitely recommend!

Six people to a room and it was VERY cramped. The place smelled a bit and was dark and dirty. I barely used the toilet and wouldn't touch the showers. Only one sink for however many travelers. They do provide nice clean sheets and a comforter and also lockers (bring your own lock), and everyone gets their own charging outlets. Located near a rail station stop and easy to find, but everything else about the location is TERRIBLE. The people in that area are rough, seedy, sketchy, you name it.

Not a clean hostel, the kitchens pub is beside the dorms so you can hear the orders and smell them, very noisy on weekends

Beautiful outside, nice atmosfear. Loved it!

Extremely poor, the staff have bad attitudes 1 in particular! and the toilet, kitchen and showers are horrendous there are mice in the kitchen and one guy said he even saw a rat in the bedroom

• 19th May 2014

Location is horrible. Rooms are moldy and damp. All door handles are broken and bathrooms are dirty! If you have a bit more money to spend I suggest not staying here!

• 2nd May 2014
  • silvanag

The wifi can be a bit spotty but it's an excellent hostel and I will be back!

We loved our stay here! Alas, I've had to mark security as poor because the lock was broken on the room to our private room when we arrived and never got fixed during our stay. However, the staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful, the hostel itself was gorgeous and quirky and atop a great little bar, and our room was clean and relatively spacious. My absolute favourite thing, however, was the glorious garden, decked in fairy lights and fiery lamps and stretching on for ages. Highly recommend.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Cheap hostel with friendly staff. The hostel is located above a bar and you must enter via the bar, maybe dangerous for single girls.

Loved my stay here, largely because the people are so wonderful. It is worth noting that this place is more like a boarding house or a co-op than a hostel-- tenants wash their own dishes, make their own beds and the like. Good location, a good atmosphere.