Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

Good location right next to train and bus stop. Friendly and helpful staff though some more information about the city, sightseeing etc would have been good. Nice and clean room with comfy bed. Super nice back garden!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Had a great time! Loved the staff and other people at the hostel. Would definitely recommend!

Six people to a room and it was VERY cramped. The place smelled a bit and was dark and dirty. I barely used the toilet and wouldn't touch the showers. Only one sink for however many travelers. They do provide nice clean sheets and a comforter and also lockers (bring your own lock), and everyone gets their own charging outlets. Located near a rail station stop and easy to find, but everything else about the location is TERRIBLE. The people in that area are rough, seedy, sketchy, you name it.

Not a clean hostel, the kitchens pub is beside the dorms so you can hear the orders and smell them, very noisy on weekends

Beautiful outside, nice atmosfear. Loved it!

Extremely poor, the staff have bad attitudes 1 in particular! and the toilet, kitchen and showers are horrendous there are mice in the kitchen and one guy said he even saw a rat in the bedroom

• 19th May 2014

Location is horrible. Rooms are moldy and damp. All door handles are broken and bathrooms are dirty! If you have a bit more money to spend I suggest not staying here!

• 2nd May 2014
  • silvanag

The wifi can be a bit spotty but it's an excellent hostel and I will be back!

We loved our stay here! Alas, I've had to mark security as poor because the lock was broken on the room to our private room when we arrived and never got fixed during our stay. However, the staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful, the hostel itself was gorgeous and quirky and atop a great little bar, and our room was clean and relatively spacious. My absolute favourite thing, however, was the glorious garden, decked in fairy lights and fiery lamps and stretching on for ages. Highly recommend.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Cheap hostel with friendly staff. The hostel is located above a bar and you must enter via the bar, maybe dangerous for single girls.

Loved my stay here, largely because the people are so wonderful. It is worth noting that this place is more like a boarding house or a co-op than a hostel-- tenants wash their own dishes, make their own beds and the like. Good location, a good atmosphere.

After traveling around Europe for 6 months, The Blue Skies was my favourite of the whole trip. its a comfortable place to spend a couple nights but the best would be to stay fora couple weeks and get to know the staff. Amazing managers and staff really make this hostel. Tag, Bekki, Aga and all the other staff made me fall in love with London and I will be returning as soon as I possibly can. Thank you all so much and hopefully see you soon!

I had a great time at St. Christopher's and would definitely stay again.

nice and lovely

The hostel staff knows nothing about the sightseeing of London, they dont have maps or books or anything. The hostel smells bad and the rooms are very congested.

This is a cheap place to stay, no more. It wasn't particularly clean but the staff did take care to do a thorough cleaning once a day, which was appreciated. The kitchen is pretty small and lacking in utensils but I made do. Unfortunately two of the three toilets were completely dysfunctional... As such I ran into a lot of "number 2"s that weren't particularly pleasant to say the least. The hostel itself has no atmosphere; however, there is a cute little pub underneath. Overall, it was okay.

Loud because of the pub under the hostel. And smelly because the kitchen is on the same level with the hostel. It really needs a refurbishment. The staff was really friendly and the guest in the hostel to.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Romania

Booked a hostel in London on short notice, therefore this was one of the few affordable things available. Pros: cheap, especially for London. Has a kitchen, which is useful if you're trying to save money, and free breakfast. The pub downstairs is quite nice. Cons: far away for the centre (zone 3), no atmosphere - most of the "guests" are workers who live there, bedrooms smells funny, showers and toilets don't work very well. Staff weren't very helpful and lost the key deposit we gave.

Good hostel with great bar downstairs. Very close to station and shopping. Good price also

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Austria

The hostel is in a great location for travel around London (one bus to brixton where you can get the tube or there is a train station right outside). My room had three-tier bunk beds, so it was quite busy but that was good for me as I was travelling alone, it was nice to meet some other travellers. The pub downstairs was really fun on the saturday night. Staff were lovely. Pizzas are £5 for hostellers!! And tea/coffee and toast was free from the common room!! It was a great weekend in London:)