Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

I woke up in the middle of the night to see someone masturbating in bed. I told the manager and he tells me that other people have made complaints about him. Any normal person would have kicked him out but he's a long term resident so the manager let him stay. There are women who use that room and I think it's deeply inappropriate for a manager to allow that sort of behaviour to continue. The facilities are shared including toilets and showers. showers were terrible. hostel doors were left open.

• 31st Mar 2014

After traveling around Europe for 6 months, The Blue Skies was my favourite of the whole trip. its a comfortable place to spend a couple nights but the best would be to stay fora couple weeks and get to know the staff. Amazing managers and staff really make this hostel. Tag, Bekki, Aga and all the other staff made me fall in love with London and I will be returning as soon as I possibly can. Thank you all so much and hopefully see you soon!

I had a great time at St. Christopher's and would definitely stay again.

nice and lovely

• 13th Mar 2014
  • Russia

The hostel staff knows nothing about the sightseeing of London, they dont have maps or books or anything. The hostel smells bad and the rooms are very congested.

This is a cheap place to stay, no more. It wasn't particularly clean but the staff did take care to do a thorough cleaning once a day, which was appreciated. The kitchen is pretty small and lacking in utensils but I made do. Unfortunately two of the three toilets were completely dysfunctional... As such I ran into a lot of "number 2"s that weren't particularly pleasant to say the least. The hostel itself has no atmosphere; however, there is a cute little pub underneath. Overall, it was okay.

Loud because of the pub under the hostel. And smelly because the kitchen is on the same level with the hostel. It really needs a refurbishment. The staff was really friendly and the guest in the hostel to.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Romania

Booked a hostel in London on short notice, therefore this was one of the few affordable things available. Pros: cheap, especially for London. Has a kitchen, which is useful if you're trying to save money, and free breakfast. The pub downstairs is quite nice. Cons: far away for the centre (zone 3), no atmosphere - most of the "guests" are workers who live there, bedrooms smells funny, showers and toilets don't work very well. Staff weren't very helpful and lost the key deposit we gave.

Good hostel with great bar downstairs. Very close to station and shopping. Good price also

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Austria

The hostel is in a great location for travel around London (one bus to brixton where you can get the tube or there is a train station right outside). My room had three-tier bunk beds, so it was quite busy but that was good for me as I was travelling alone, it was nice to meet some other travellers. The pub downstairs was really fun on the saturday night. Staff were lovely. Pizzas are £5 for hostellers!! And tea/coffee and toast was free from the common room!! It was a great weekend in London:)

right next door to the train station and only 15 minutes into the city.v v v good vfm

• 17th Jan 2014
  • American Samoa

A really great hostel, excellent value for money that you'll struggle to find anywhere else in London. The staff were friendly and very helpful with all my queries even offering advice of the best places to go and how to get there. Everything was available that I required, would definitely stay again :)

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Azerbaijan

This was the worst hostel we've ever stayed at, and have traveled for the last 12 months around the world. If it wasnt over the new years period we would have checked out straight away. everything was dirty, the people were weirdo, the staff were rude, we booked an 8 bed dorm and got put in a 12 bed dorm because they had said they hadnt gotten around to changing it on the internet, and we booked months in advance,didnt offer to change the price or even apologize. The breakfast was okay

One of the very few places in London that doesn't raise prices over the weekend and still has vacancies-so it serves its purpose- on the plus side though it has loads of places across the street where you can get good hot meals for cheap - nough said

Not the cleanest place has a pub downstairs so be prepared for the noise Right outside tulse hill station

Great hostel with really friendly staff, excellent value for money. Good breakfast, clean and easy to get to, also close to great areas for food & nightlife. Would definitely stay here again :)

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Bhutan

Great place, well run and friendly staff.

• 27th Oct 2013

Quite a nice hostel just outside of the Tulse Hill railway station, but not very central in London, in a somewhat dodgy neighbourhood I have to say. I did enjoy my stay nonetheless, the place has a nice kitchen, good-working WiFi. Lockers in the dorms. There is a pub downstairs it has a good atmosphere, positive vibes in this place.

sheets were filthy with suspicious stains, absolutely no staff around except to shoo us out on our last day. A big group were drinking from 6pm-5am, absolutely trashing the place with no staff members to be seen until the morning where every single occupant had to complain in order to get anything done (were intending on making other guests clean their mess). absolutely abysmal. From the reviews i was expecting to stay in "one o the top 10 hostels in London". A complete lie.

• 24th Oct 2013