Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

The staff is all really cool and helpful. The location is a bit out of city center and depending how saavy you are, can be really difficult to find. It's you'd average hostel, not a bad value for the money. Free WIFI, but no free breakfast as advertised.

The location of the hostel (directly next to a train station) is great. The pub beneath the hostel is also very nice, we can absolutely recommend it. The rooms were a little crammed, but the beds were confy and mostly very clean. However, the over all hygiene of the hostel was poor, the hallways constantly smelled badly, the showers were always very unclean and the bathrooms not much better. For a short stay during which we rarely(!) spend time in the hostel it was okay and the price was good

• 31st Jul 2014

Durty durty durty. The girl that works in the pub was really rude to me. I was going just asking her about my deposit and she didn't want to hear me, started screaming saying she was busy. She just need to remember that we pay her wage, anyway, don't go. No wifi signal in my room. I got double bed.

• 6th Jul 2014

Good location right next to train and bus stop. Friendly and helpful staff though some more information about the city, sightseeing etc would have been good. Nice and clean room with comfy bed. Super nice back garden!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Had a great time! Loved the staff and other people at the hostel. Would definitely recommend!

Six people to a room and it was VERY cramped. The place smelled a bit and was dark and dirty. I barely used the toilet and wouldn't touch the showers. Only one sink for however many travelers. They do provide nice clean sheets and a comforter and also lockers (bring your own lock), and everyone gets their own charging outlets. Located near a rail station stop and easy to find, but everything else about the location is TERRIBLE. The people in that area are rough, seedy, sketchy, you name it.

Not a clean hostel, the kitchens pub is beside the dorms so you can hear the orders and smell them, very noisy on weekends

Beautiful outside, nice atmosfear. Loved it!

Extremely poor, the staff have bad attitudes 1 in particular! and the toilet, kitchen and showers are horrendous there are mice in the kitchen and one guy said he even saw a rat in the bedroom

• 19th May 2014

Location is horrible. Rooms are moldy and damp. All door handles are broken and bathrooms are dirty! If you have a bit more money to spend I suggest not staying here!

• 2nd May 2014
  • silvanag

The wifi can be a bit spotty but it's an excellent hostel and I will be back!

We loved our stay here! Alas, I've had to mark security as poor because the lock was broken on the room to our private room when we arrived and never got fixed during our stay. However, the staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful, the hostel itself was gorgeous and quirky and atop a great little bar, and our room was clean and relatively spacious. My absolute favourite thing, however, was the glorious garden, decked in fairy lights and fiery lamps and stretching on for ages. Highly recommend.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Cheap hostel with friendly staff. The hostel is located above a bar and you must enter via the bar, maybe dangerous for single girls.

Loved my stay here, largely because the people are so wonderful. It is worth noting that this place is more like a boarding house or a co-op than a hostel-- tenants wash their own dishes, make their own beds and the like. Good location, a good atmosphere.

After traveling around Europe for 6 months, The Blue Skies was my favourite of the whole trip. its a comfortable place to spend a couple nights but the best would be to stay fora couple weeks and get to know the staff. Amazing managers and staff really make this hostel. Tag, Bekki, Aga and all the other staff made me fall in love with London and I will be returning as soon as I possibly can. Thank you all so much and hopefully see you soon!

I had a great time at St. Christopher's and would definitely stay again.

nice and lovely

The hostel staff knows nothing about the sightseeing of London, they dont have maps or books or anything. The hostel smells bad and the rooms are very congested.

This is a cheap place to stay, no more. It wasn't particularly clean but the staff did take care to do a thorough cleaning once a day, which was appreciated. The kitchen is pretty small and lacking in utensils but I made do. Unfortunately two of the three toilets were completely dysfunctional... As such I ran into a lot of "number 2"s that weren't particularly pleasant to say the least. The hostel itself has no atmosphere; however, there is a cute little pub underneath. Overall, it was okay.