Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

Me and my girfriend stayed in the Double room for 3 nights, loved the atmosphere in the pub downstairs, had no trouble sleeping and had a lot of fun - would recommend it to all of my friends

• 18th Feb 2015
  • Israel

Unfortunately this has been one of my worst hostel experiences. Upon arrival I had to wait in a crowded bar for someone to show me my room. The room door did not close, there were no free lockers for me to use and the toilets were the filthiest I had seen. Showers at least didn't have number 2's in them. I genuinely felt disgusted and if I was here for more than two days I might have left upon arrival. Food was very average. Only thing that was good were probably the friendly staff.

I had a very pleasant experience with this hostel! I was "worried" about the place I could find taking into account it was very cheap and in London; fortunately, I found what I wanted! A place to sleep where my sister and I could spend in a comfortable and cheap way. We found very clean facilities and the staff was completely attentive before and after I arrived via email or personally for several issues. It is easy to get to the centre as the bus stop is 2 min walking to get to the tube. Tks!

Good value for money hostel. If u r looking for a long term stay, this is a cheap

Aside from the club music downstairs that vibrated the whole room including the bed until 2 in the morning, this place was filthy. There was no food for the "continental breakfast", everything smelt horrible, and there was generally nothing available to assist the travellers staying above this popular "pub". Worst way to start off a trip to Europe. We could not have been happier to leave this place; would not recommend to anyone, unless they party hard.

Bathrooms were filthy and rooms were far too small

Last time i stayed here i enjoyed it so much that i had to come back. The staff are Amazingly friendly and helpfull. I really enjoyed the info on london the long termstayers provided me and being next to the trains made it easy to get into central london each day. The pub and beer garden down stairs was great especially the food, open mic night and the pub quiz that our team lost.

You should maybe consider the fact that people might want to sleep before 1 AM, which is not possible as the music from your tavern is literally shaking the bed. This is ridiculous if you're not not going to care for the people you host don't host them.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Well connected area, very popular pub downstairs, free 'breakfast' available 24/7, the friendliest, most helpful staff I have ever encountered BUT really bad wifi (have to reconnect every minute or so), and the whole hostel absoloutely reeks. I felt dirty my whole stay because even the showers smelt like sewerage. I wouldn't stay again, despite the price tag.

A hostel above a bar. Rooms were a tad small, given there were 4 triple bunks and lockers within one room. Couldn't sit up in my middle bunk and hit my head on the overhead metal crossbeam and some of the lockers and bunk bed ladders were in a state of disrepair. The room's door did not close or lock properly. Kitchen/common room reasonably well equipped but small. Bathrooms relatively clean; sufficient.

It's a wonderful place overall. However there are some people permanently living there, between them an Australian woman who behaves as if she was the owner and she's very bitter and unpleasant. This group is quite close and givers no charge for outsiders to enter it. At one point the atmosphere becomes too heavy. For no more than Three days.

Blue Skies was a great hostel when looking for a cheap place to stay in London. It was great to have a kitchen to cook in and the staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't find the area unclean and was pleased with the services relative to the cost. Getting into the city via bus and metro was very easy.

This is a great hostel to live in temporarily whilst getting on your feet after moving to London. The bar downstairs is lovely. Be sure to lock your valuables away. Bathroom and kitchen can get quite filthy, if only people staying at the hostel could be a bit more considerate. Location is great - right next to Tulse Hill station. Bar staff downstairs are friendly and helpful.

Awsome bar downstairs, good pizza and great quiz master

This hostel was ridiculously easy to find, it's literally right next to the station which is great if you're carrying heavy bags after a long day, the restaurant/bar was a little busy when I got there and I wasn't sure who to go to but not too long after I was checked in. The facilities are great though the common room/ kitchen could be a lot bigger but was rather nice when it was quiet. I liked the fact that there were no breakfast times so you could help yourself to provisions when you wanted.

Very friendly staff and a nice place to stay

• 8th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel!! Located above a great London pub with an amazing garden and fun atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and were helpful when I had questions about London i.e. directions, where to go and good things to do. Very good value for money so would def come and stay again.

• 5th Sep 2014

Right next to a train station so good transport connections. It's upstairs from a bar and very noisy until 1:30am on Fri and Sat. Mouse-traps in the room concerned me. Wi-fi good.

• 5th Sep 2014

Lovely friendly staff and right next to the station, very very cool pub downstairs with awesome garden I loved it

• 2nd Sep 2014