Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

Aside from the club music downstairs that vibrated the whole room including the bed until 2 in the morning, this place was filthy. There was no food for the "continental breakfast", everything smelt horrible, and there was generally nothing available to assist the travellers staying above this popular "pub". Worst way to start off a trip to Europe. We could not have been happier to leave this place; would not recommend to anyone, unless they party hard.

Last time i stayed here i enjoyed it so much that i had to come back. The staff are Amazingly friendly and helpfull. I really enjoyed the info on london the long termstayers provided me and being next to the trains made it easy to get into central london each day. The pub and beer garden down stairs was great especially the food, open mic night and the pub quiz that our team lost.

You should maybe consider the fact that people might want to sleep before 1 AM, which is not possible as the music from your tavern is literally shaking the bed. This is ridiculous if you're not not going to care for the people you host don't host them.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

Well connected area, very popular pub downstairs, free 'breakfast' available 24/7, the friendliest, most helpful staff I have ever encountered BUT really bad wifi (have to reconnect every minute or so), and the whole hostel absoloutely reeks. I felt dirty my whole stay because even the showers smelt like sewerage. I wouldn't stay again, despite the price tag.

A hostel above a bar. Rooms were a tad small, given there were 4 triple bunks and lockers within one room. Couldn't sit up in my middle bunk and hit my head on the overhead metal crossbeam and some of the lockers and bunk bed ladders were in a state of disrepair. The room's door did not close or lock properly. Kitchen/common room reasonably well equipped but small. Bathrooms relatively clean; sufficient.

It's a wonderful place overall. However there are some people permanently living there, between them an Australian woman who behaves as if she was the owner and she's very bitter and unpleasant. This group is quite close and givers no charge for outsiders to enter it. At one point the atmosphere becomes too heavy. For no more than Three days.

Blue Skies was a great hostel when looking for a cheap place to stay in London. It was great to have a kitchen to cook in and the staff was friendly and helpful. I didn't find the area unclean and was pleased with the services relative to the cost. Getting into the city via bus and metro was very easy.

This is a great hostel to live in temporarily whilst getting on your feet after moving to London. The bar downstairs is lovely. Be sure to lock your valuables away. Bathroom and kitchen can get quite filthy, if only people staying at the hostel could be a bit more considerate. Location is great - right next to Tulse Hill station. Bar staff downstairs are friendly and helpful.

Awsome bar downstairs, good pizza and great quiz master

This hostel was ridiculously easy to find, it's literally right next to the station which is great if you're carrying heavy bags after a long day, the restaurant/bar was a little busy when I got there and I wasn't sure who to go to but not too long after I was checked in. The facilities are great though the common room/ kitchen could be a lot bigger but was rather nice when it was quiet. I liked the fact that there were no breakfast times so you could help yourself to provisions when you wanted.

Very friendly staff and a nice place to stay

• 8th Sep 2014

I loved this hostel!! Located above a great London pub with an amazing garden and fun atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and were helpful when I had questions about London i.e. directions, where to go and good things to do. Very good value for money so would def come and stay again.

• 5th Sep 2014

Right next to a train station so good transport connections. It's upstairs from a bar and very noisy until 1:30am on Fri and Sat. Mouse-traps in the room concerned me. Wi-fi good.

• 5th Sep 2014

Lovely friendly staff and right next to the station, very very cool pub downstairs with awesome garden I loved it

• 2nd Sep 2014
  • Bangladesh

The hostel had a good atmosphere, it reminded me of my favourite pub in Ghent. Lively music at night, so not for light sleepers. All the basics were there: bed, blankets and sheets, even a big Pikachu towel to welcome me (had to smile when I saw that), lockers in the room, shower was decent, a communal kitchen (though their microwave doesn't work, but if you want to bake cookies, there's a real oven) and a large garden where you can sit.

The staff is all really cool and helpful. The location is a bit out of city center and depending how saavy you are, can be really difficult to find. It's you'd average hostel, not a bad value for the money. Free WIFI, but no free breakfast as advertised.

The location of the hostel (directly next to a train station) is great. The pub beneath the hostel is also very nice, we can absolutely recommend it. The rooms were a little crammed, but the beds were confy and mostly very clean. However, the over all hygiene of the hostel was poor, the hallways constantly smelled badly, the showers were always very unclean and the bathrooms not much better. For a short stay during which we rarely(!) spend time in the hostel it was okay and the price was good

• 31st Jul 2014

Durty durty durty. The girl that works in the pub was really rude to me. I was going just asking her about my deposit and she didn't want to hear me, started screaming saying she was busy. She just need to remember that we pay her wage, anyway, don't go. No wifi signal in my room. I got double bed.

• 6th Jul 2014

Good location right next to train and bus stop. Friendly and helpful staff though some more information about the city, sightseeing etc would have been good. Nice and clean room with comfy bed. Super nice back garden!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Had a great time! Loved the staff and other people at the hostel. Would definitely recommend!

← Back to search results