Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

Great location. thank you railway staff

• 23rd Jul 2015

This hostel was such a gem find! The location is brilliant with tulse hill train literally a couple steps to the left as well as night busses frequently. The staff are really relaxed and there's a cool vibe in there cool summery garden. Short and happy stay and will definitely return when I'm back in London again.

• 23rd Jul 2015

We arrived at 10 pm and left the hostel at 10.15. It was situated above a pub and the music was so loud, you could feel the bass through the walls and floors. Sleeping was out of the question, so we were forced to book another hotel that same night. i don"t regret leaving. The hostel also seemd unclean. The only positive thing was the man who had to check us in, he was nice and compassionate. Unfortunately, we weren't able to speak to him before we left (he had gone, we couldn't find him anymore

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

This hostel was really dirty and it smelt really bad.. Not a very nice atmosphere.. Was glad to get out of there.. Wouldn't recommend it

• 5th Jul 2015

Staff is nice, location is ok. But toilet and common area is not very clean. Can see flies all the time. There is live music / party going on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night, which can affect those who want an early night. But overall, it is very good value for money.

So this place was much farther then expected and not in the best neighborhood. It was not very clean and the rooms were very cramped with 4 sets of bunks of 3 in a very small room and the door did not shut properly. But the beer garden was nice, it was right next to the metro which was also nice. The staff was ok but a bit disorganized. It was ok for the money, but I might suggest spending a bit more for a bit better of a place.

I have one good thing to say: the staff is very friendly. HOWEVER, this is THE filthiest place I have ever seen in my life. When I got there, there were flies all over the room and the worst of smells.The bathroom was disgusting and so was the kitchen. I can be flexible; I've stayed in different hostels and camping places and I had never seen anything like this. Please please please just save a little more money before your trip and stay somewhere else. I have nausea just thinking about it.

Really didn't enjoy staying here. Any more than a night or 2 is quite unenjoyable. Some toilets and showers didn't work, and there were constant flies hanging around the bathroom. The corridor smelt bad and it didn't feel very clean. It's in zone 3 which means the train costs more, and while the people felt safe enough the doors to the rooms were pretty easy to push open without a key.. I wouldn't stay again.

You get what you pay for. It's immediately next to a train station, which is convenient even if it's out of the city. People were friendly, but there was one older guest, which was a little creepy

• 11th Jun 2015

Here Everybody is nice, from the big boss to the little mouse !!! The real problem are the foxes who come into the hostel during the night to sleep in our beds !! ((((Joke)))) I recommend this place cause it was very good time !!!

Good hostel, bathroom and toilets are pretty ordinary but good value for the money and I would stay here again.

The pub downstairs is a great place. My room had triple bunk beds (which was not mentioned on their website).. Some of the luggage lockers were broken, so you couldn''t use them to store your luggage. The acces door from the pub to the hostel was always unlocked, as well as the room door. So whoever wants can get into the rooms whenever he wants to! In the bathroom there is only one bassin for the whole hostel! In the (small) kitchen there were only ca. 3 tea mugs and 5 spoons, etc.

• 5th Jun 2015

Friendly service, other hostellers were very loud throughout the evening/early hours of the morning banging walls. Also, there was nothing mentioned online about there being bands and loud music played until early hours - the room, along with the bed and everything in it was shaking all evening with the bass of the music downstairs when we were trying to sleep.

• 3rd Jun 2015
  • Wales

The Hostel looks nothing like the pictures. The place is quite dirty and packed in. You cannot close the door of the room so there is always light from outside. The place is old and smells.

• 25th May 2015
  • Spain

I could get in to my room with out a key. There was mould on the walls next to where I slept. The woman who cleans the floors doesn't sweep or anything and uses the same water through the whole place to clean. It constantly smells like sweat and other negative things. I met some cool people in the common room- including some staff that I met there. But most of the staff I met on duty weren't exactly warm and inviting. This is the worst place I have stayed and I do not recommend it to anyone.

• 16th May 2015

Great location great hostel great staff! Highly recommend!

• 8th May 2015

My partner and I stayed in a private room, so I can't speak for the dorms, but we very much enjoyed our stay. The private room we had even included a tv and tea/coffee! While the kitchen (fully equipped) was very useful and a nice place to sit to have a meal, the other guests constantly left it filthy. Same with the toilets, and although the hostel staff did their best to keep up with the mess, it seemed that there were always piles of dirty dishes next to the sink. Great bier garten!!!

Decent for the price! Simple breakfast of toast and cereal was included and the place is just short bus ride away from central London. The bar/restaurant downstairs provided a bit of entertainment with some DJ's and an open mic night. The downside was that it was a bit loud when we wanted to go to sleep early, but it was pretty quiet by 1 a.m. Overall, a fine, no-frills choice if you're looking to do London on the cheap.

The rats, bathroom and common area cleanliness could have been better

• 30th Apr 2015

I gladly return to this hostel. Mostly because of the staff who are very nice and friendly. The overall atmosphere is very good.

• 17th Apr 2015