Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

The hostel is in a great location for travel around London (one bus to brixton where you can get the tube or there is a train station right outside). My room had three-tier bunk beds, so it was quite busy but that was good for me as I was travelling alone, it was nice to meet some other travellers. The pub downstairs was really fun on the saturday night. Staff were lovely. Pizzas are £5 for hostellers!! And tea/coffee and toast was free from the common room!! It was a great weekend in London:)

right next door to the train station and only 15 minutes into the city.v v v good vfm

• 17th Jan 2014
  • American Samoa

A really great hostel, excellent value for money that you'll struggle to find anywhere else in London. The staff were friendly and very helpful with all my queries even offering advice of the best places to go and how to get there. Everything was available that I required, would definitely stay again :)

• 8th Jan 2014
  • Azerbaijan

This was the worst hostel we've ever stayed at, and have traveled for the last 12 months around the world. If it wasnt over the new years period we would have checked out straight away. everything was dirty, the people were weirdo, the staff were rude, we booked an 8 bed dorm and got put in a 12 bed dorm because they had said they hadnt gotten around to changing it on the internet, and we booked months in advance,didnt offer to change the price or even apologize. The breakfast was okay

One of the very few places in London that doesn't raise prices over the weekend and still has vacancies-so it serves its purpose- on the plus side though it has loads of places across the street where you can get good hot meals for cheap - nough said

Not the cleanest place has a pub downstairs so be prepared for the noise Right outside tulse hill station

Great hostel with really friendly staff, excellent value for money. Good breakfast, clean and easy to get to, also close to great areas for food & nightlife. Would definitely stay here again :)

• 31st Oct 2013
  • Bhutan

Great place, well run and friendly staff.

• 27th Oct 2013

Quite a nice hostel just outside of the Tulse Hill railway station, but not very central in London, in a somewhat dodgy neighbourhood I have to say. I did enjoy my stay nonetheless, the place has a nice kitchen, good-working WiFi. Lockers in the dorms. There is a pub downstairs it has a good atmosphere, positive vibes in this place.

sheets were filthy with suspicious stains, absolutely no staff around except to shoo us out on our last day. A big group were drinking from 6pm-5am, absolutely trashing the place with no staff members to be seen until the morning where every single occupant had to complain in order to get anything done (were intending on making other guests clean their mess). absolutely abysmal. From the reviews i was expecting to stay in "one o the top 10 hostels in London". A complete lie.

• 24th Oct 2013

Good food, decent beds, location isn't bad. Staff were great. All in all, worth the money I spent!

• 21st Oct 2013

Good value for money in London. The pub downstairs is great. If you want central London easily and cheaply accessible probably pay a couple of extra pounds and stay closer.. But apart from the showers being pretty average this is a really good place to stay.

This place was awesome and the staff was amazingly friendly. Kitchen is good and everyone does the dishes. Try and stay for Saturday and Sunday because there is a good band an amazing open mic. Tag is awesome as well

Great stay at blue skies, lovely sunny garden and no traffic noise in the rooms, brand new mattress and friendly staff, very very cheap for London

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Algeria

good hostel only 20 minutes from centre. fun friendly atmosphere and nice people running. bar downstairs very fun

I wish I never stayed here, bad staff, location was so far from the city centre that a train in cost 7pounds 1 way and the pub below had loud using playing until 5am on 3 of the 5 nights I was staying there.

This place is a dump. Very dirty, incredibly rude staff, and super loud from the pub downstairs. I'd recommend cashing out on a few extra pounds and staying somewhere closer to the city centre, at a better rated hostel. I have no idea how this place is even a hostel, I swear the staff probably writes the reviews online to get people to stay there, no f*ucking way it should be an establishment to host travelers. Pub is fine to visit, just don't sleep at Blue Skies.

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Romania

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was a great option for a private room! The pub downstairs was awesome, kitchen was a bit basic if you actually want to cook a meal, and breakfast was help yourself. It was quite small but really cute, we struggled to find Tulse Hill station originally but it's probably just because we found the train system pretty confusing! Took an hr by train to Gatwick airport and is a few stations from London Bridge on the Southern Railway. Would stay again.

nice atmosphere, awesome staff, just toilets need some work but it was a good stay

Lovely stay again at blue skies, so nice to be able to walk to Brockwell park and Brixton market