Blue Skies Hostel Reviews

7 Station Rise, London, London, England

Good value for money in London. The pub downstairs is great. If you want central London easily and cheaply accessible probably pay a couple of extra pounds and stay closer.. But apart from the showers being pretty average this is a really good place to stay.

This place was awesome and the staff was amazingly friendly. Kitchen is good and everyone does the dishes. Try and stay for Saturday and Sunday because there is a good band an amazing open mic. Tag is awesome as well

Great stay at blue skies, lovely sunny garden and no traffic noise in the rooms, brand new mattress and friendly staff, very very cheap for London

• 10th Oct 2013
  • Algeria

good hostel only 20 minutes from centre. fun friendly atmosphere and nice people running. bar downstairs very fun

I wish I never stayed here, bad staff, location was so far from the city centre that a train in cost 7pounds 1 way and the pub below had loud using playing until 5am on 3 of the 5 nights I was staying there.

This place is a dump. Very dirty, incredibly rude staff, and super loud from the pub downstairs. I'd recommend cashing out on a few extra pounds and staying somewhere closer to the city centre, at a better rated hostel. I have no idea how this place is even a hostel, I swear the staff probably writes the reviews online to get people to stay there, no f*ucking way it should be an establishment to host travelers. Pub is fine to visit, just don't sleep at Blue Skies.

• 17th Sep 2013
  • Romania

We really enjoyed our stay here. It was a great option for a private room! The pub downstairs was awesome, kitchen was a bit basic if you actually want to cook a meal, and breakfast was help yourself. It was quite small but really cute, we struggled to find Tulse Hill station originally but it's probably just because we found the train system pretty confusing! Took an hr by train to Gatwick airport and is a few stations from London Bridge on the Southern Railway. Would stay again.

nice atmosphere, awesome staff, just toilets need some work but it was a good stay

Lovely stay again at blue skies, so nice to be able to walk to Brockwell park and Brixton market

Super friendly staff and amazing funky bar downstairs

Very nice place, quick to central London and good garden

Another cracking stay at my favourite hostel in London, the staff at this place are what makes it special and keeps me coming back

• 3rd Aug 2013
  • Bahrain

Lovely stay at blue skies, the staff were all lovely and the other hostellers were very welcoming and friendly, the bar downstairs is awesome with the prettiest pub garden I have ever seen

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Bahamas

They need to change the key sistem. We came in very late one night and our key didn't work, so we had to stay in the back garden until someone opened the door for us. Apart from that, it's a beautiful place to stay in.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Uruguay

No locks on doors, not very secure lockers. Very dirty toilets and showers, were not cleaned properly during my stay. Showers didn't work for almost 48 hrs due to leaks, no discount offered. Communal kitchen dirty, eventually people were made to wash their dishes. Staff were nice priority seems to go to the pub downstairs which has a huge beer garden ( noisy on wkends) No allocated beds. Very cheap place, few dodgy types staying there. Go to the pub but would never recommend staying here!

the staff are very rude and helpful to guests.

People stealing food ,showers dirty

They get a nice yard, I truly enjoyb the beers and BBQ here in the afternoon sunshine.

Beautiful bar downstairs! Blue Sky is in the same building as the Railway Tavern (I almost missed it!) The location is fine if you have plans in South London or would like to be a bit removed from the main areas of the city, but I felt a bit isolated there. The nearest Tube stop is 1.5 miles away, but the bus runs right to the hostel and there is a train station just outside. Triple bunks threw me for a loop but were surprisingly secure. Clean & friendly overall.

We have stayed for a week and we really enjoyed our stay, hostel is clean and in pretty good location. We've enjoyed everything very much! ;)

• 27th Jun 2013