Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

insufficient showers. not a place to hang stuff. I believe the toilets should be cleaned more often. very thin walls, you can hear everything!

Don't stay here if you can avoid it. Needs a serious face lift. It feels like an old brothel house.

No warm water, beds very short, not a good place to go, if one actually wants to sleep. When I stayed there it was very noisy during the night. If you are so strict about drinks, food and smoking you should also be strict about other things.

• 4th Oct 2014

The hostel is ok- the main positive is friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere with good common area. I liked that they organised everyone as a group to go out to nearby pubs/clubs. The beds and bathrooms are very basic. But clean enough. Staff were quite vague when giving directions and when asked about public transport, etc. lockers and towels for hire. Decent kitchen. Computers available but internet not working at the time. Wifi was fine though- a little patchy in upstairs bedrooms.

Only hot showers were in the building across the road, wifi works in the common room, kitchen had enough supplies but was very messy; I suppose that's on the other guests. Space in the rooms for bags and enough lockers for those who needed them. Close enough to walk to most places of interest.

I really liked staying at rhe blue sky hostel. the staff and all the guests were super friendly and helpfull - I'd love to stay there again!

• 24th Sep 2014

Pleasant & helpful staff. Could do with more a few more lockers in the 20 dorm room. Okay location, between the city centre & west end, most places of interest within walking distance. Bit of a fun party hostel, I'd be happy to visit again. Stayed September 2014.

Not directly in the center, but still close to the lively bar area and also close to the Uni and the attractions near it. There was a nice group of people hanging out chatting and drinking while I was there, looks like a nice social place. On the down side, the left luggage area is the kitchen floor, and there appears to be very few showers (accross the street in some cases). They make up for it by having lockers outside of the dorms, a rare jewel nowadays, although probably not as many as beds.

This place is good as nice party hostel the home of the frostys one of the best hostels I have stayed at there is something good to do every night staff and owner are all good people I kept comming back for more night really good place

GREAT PARTYING PLACE, full of cool people. The Staff was just great - open and fun! Good place to start your scottish adventure. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in

If Blue sky hostel will provide WIFI and latest computer It would be better place. I know we have to wait for ages to change that .It just need small concern. and u need to just look around where is really problem. for instance checking the lock of toilet,light, cleaning,,, I rather found it difficult to have every dinner because there were too many people living in hostel for a long time almost everyday.I don't know who several of them was staff and their friend...need to improve services.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

No internet conexion, no bathroom on the buildind I was hand in.

• 13th Sep 2014

The room I stayed was on the other side of the street from the main building and had no shower and the toilets were dirty. In fact all the hostel wasnt clean. Do not recommend

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Definitely a party hostel. Very close to some great places to go out in Glasgow.

The place was under refurbishment, so it was a mess, had to go across the road to take a shower, only one fully working toilet for 3 rooms, and only 2 socket in a room for 4. There was no wifi there as well.

it is really noisy because you can hear every word from person outside the door or live next to you. ( you can even hear a very clear kiss voice= =!

The fact that the hostel has only 2 showers and a couple of toilets already says a iot about the place. Small common room, messy kitchen as well

This place is a total dump, worst hostel I've ever stayed in, I should have listened to the warnings. I heard the owner complaining about how all the guests just don't care these days, maybe if he took the first step and made the place at least mildly presentable people would look after it. Stay elsewhere.

Was a bit disappointed in it. Didn't think it was a good look when before I walked through the door to check in I heard the boss yelling at his staff that the hostel was a disgrace cos it wasn't clean. Stayed in an 18 bed dorm for one night and that was enough for me. Take out a couple of bunks and it would be a lot spacier

For what you are paying, this hostel is in a great location; maybe 10-15, easy walk from the center & very close to several museums (in the opposite direction). The staff was incredibly helpful, helped me take my stuff up to my room, gave me a quick tour of the place so I knew where the shower/bath was located and overall really friendly. I'd stay here again if I was passing through Glasgow.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5