6.3
Good 818 Total Reviews
6.3
Good 818 Total Reviews
Blue Sky Hostel Located at 65 Berkeley street, , Glasgow.
Scotland
Glasgow Glasgow G3 7DX 65 Berkeley street
63% 818
55.8651978 -4.2744326
    Rooms available

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
14th May 2016
6.0

I stayed for a night, and it was okay. They're doing renovations, so maybe in the future it'll be better, but overall if you just need a place to sleep for a night or two this hostel in fine.

I wish you would have mentioned the sprained ankle, we would have moved you to a different room not on the third floor.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th May 2016
2.6

The facility was run down, and the showers hardly worked. Certain staff were nice enough but there were 2 others that either didn't know what was going on or would make your hair stand on end. Overall I would not stay at this hostel again unless I was extremely desperate.

Would have been nice of you to express your concerns while you were here, if my staff offended you I would need to know why to do anything about it..... but I am very interested to follow your reviews as you carry on with your travels through Europe, I know we were your first stop. The showers you say hardly work are brand new, just wait to see what else you will experience. You aren't in Canada anymore girls.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th May 2016
5.4

Perfectly adequate accommodation. The staff was occasionally rude and rarely helpful. Downstairs bathroom was not very clean. Lots of stairs and no elevator as is to be expected in older buildings like this, but after severely spraining my ankle while in Glasgow that weekend, I was certainly wishing I wasn't on the top floor.

If you would have mentioned that you had a sore ankle I would have put you into a different room not on the third floor. I don't like to hear that you thought any staff members were rude or unhelpful, but because you just say this in a review and not to me at the time, I won't be able to do anything about it. It is unfortunate that guests don't say anything when incidents happen but would rather just leave a poor review!

6th May 2016

Based on the reviews I read before I arrived, I was expecting this hostel to be pretty terrible. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were nice (although they would not let my friend check in without a passport). The room was fine; pretty much what you would expect given that it's pretty cheap. The location was good, easy walking distance to nightlife and restaurants/shopping. Overall, if I was looking for someplace cheap to stay in Glasgow again I would probably come back.

5th May 2016
6.9

This is a below-average hostel. Pros: excellent staff, great wifi, location is decent Cons: negligible security (outside doors were consistently unlocked), seems to be used as a flophouse by locals, inadequate washroom facilities (only one shower and 2-3 toilets for the entire hostel), rooms are pretty gross The hostel is currently under renovation (another negative), so maybe it will be better once it is complete. But I would not recommend this hostel - you can do better.

• Hungary, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2016
7.4

A bit old, maybe some paint and redecorating needed, but for its price it was fine !

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
4.9

Its good for one night. The beds are nice but the shower is not great and im pretty sure there was only 1 for the entire hostel. The location isnt awful but not close to city center. Staff were lovely and security is good.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
19th Apr 2016
4.6

Pros - - great central location, within walking distance to everything - the woman on front desk who had the dog was very pleasant Cons - - absolutely freezing, was warmer outside the hostel than in our room - homeless men sleeping in our room made for a not so nice smell, also felt a little unsafe - other staff unhelpful - at one point only 3 people staying in our room, next person to stay was assigned bunk above mine even though there was 12 other spare beds? Seemed strange.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we do not rent to locals or people without a passport so I am unsure which guest you assumed homeless...when you book into a 16 bed dorm you have to deal with other peoples aromas. If you had an issue with these things I do wish you would have come and chatted while you were still here, I may have been able to rectify any problem.

16th Apr 2016
3.4

When we arrived at the reception - the staff were unfriendly and rude. Didn't want to help and just wanted to get us checked in. We were in a four person mixed dorm room, which was clean but the bunk-beds were REALLY close to each other. Smelt like chlorine the whole time, because the hot tub was one floor down. Everyone was partying RIGHT outside our room door until 3am, glass was being broken, guys were yelling at girls, and we didn't get any sleep. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

I'm sorry if you felt like the staff just wanted to check you in, that is their job. So you book into a party hostel then complain that there is a party? May I suggest that you read hostel descriptions before you book, then your review won't sound so ridiculous. Cheers

16th Apr 2016
2.3

I didn't realize I had a limit on the stuff I would take from cheap digs but I have found my limit here. Less than desirable location, unhelpful staff who overbooked the bed I was staying in so I had to switch to a top bunk with no ladder so I climbed up using a radiator. The place is nothing like the pictures (or at least those pictures are from when it was originally constructed because it's so decrepit now it is crazy). Don't come here if you are trying to enjoy Glasgow because it'll ruin

Hi, we were not overbooked while you were here. You were assigned a top bunk when you arrived, you were upset that you didn't get a bottom bunk . The radiators are by the window and your bed was on the other side of the room, you are quite a climber!