Blue Sky Hostel

6.6
Good 1135 Total Reviews

22nd Apr 2017
4.9

Although I've only stayed for one single night I was not pleased at all. Late check ins would be shown around the rooms BY THE STAFF late at night by lighting up the room and speaking loudly despite of the huge amount of sleeping people in the room. I got my food stolen from the fridge even though I've put it inside two plastic bags and labeled them properly. Wouldn't come back.

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
17th Apr 2017

Kitchen facilities were usable but there's much rooms for improvement.

• Greece, Male, 41+
17th Apr 2017
3.7

Sewage was blocked and shower broken. The shower room was flooded. There were strong wind draft. No door which shuts quietly. Not enough toilets. The single toilet is too narrow and has small sink which splashes around the water. All beds squeezing. The place is not tidy. There were shotage of power points. One guy were constantly sitting in a corner and observing people in the kitchen as if he was the ringleader. This was annoying and created me bad expression.

• Italy, Couple, 18-24
14th Apr 2017
5.4

The hostel is worse than you would expect from the cost, it's not that cheap. The "Superman" triple room has a window without curtains, have fun waking up at 5AM, and it's super cold, only 2 plugs far from the beds. 2/3 showers for too many people is a mess, they are clean and work good though. Hostel staff come to check something in your room without knocking, don't expect to sleep people during the night people make a lot of noise, plus there was someone knocking all rooms at 5AM.

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017
6.0

Bit of a hit and miss place. There was a problem with our booking which WAS sorted, but it took 3 members of staff and even on the 2nd night it took 2 to confirm where we were staying. Owner did apologise and was nice. Showers flood and everything is on a slope, including the toilets. Beds creaked so much it was hard to sleep. Lockers not in rooms. Asked a few questions about the area on check-in and was told to just Google it by curly haired woman. Probably wouldn't stay again.

• England, Male, 41+
5.7

They wouldn't let me stay at the Hostel because I didn't have the right I.D which is right out of order. Most hostels are happy with a credit or debit card as I.D and so I wouldn't recommend the Blue Sky Hostel to stay. If I had my time again I would of gone somewhere else.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5.4

Like many of the other reviews on here this place is good to stay for one or two nights max. I stayed here with my partner and was glad I did as at times my key wouldn't work and needed her to open the door for me. It was very strange to stay in a building on the other side of the street to the main reception area also. I can't really fault it that much as we only stayed for the night. Beds were extremely squeaky. Good location not too far to walk to some tourist sights e.g Kelvingrove gallery.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5.7

This hostel is fine for one or two nights stay, but no longer. The facilities are old and run down, and really dirty. The beds are fine because you strip the sheets yourself on check out (and if you're in their second building across the road, carry them across the street in a bundle somewhat awkwardly). Location is good, especially for nightlife, and other guests seemed friendly and happy. Not great if you're allergic, they do have a massive (friendly) dog roaming around.

• Egypt, Female, 18-24
1st Apr 2017
7.4

First time in a hostel wasn't sure what to expect. It was okay overall. it's location is quite close to some of the touristic places but very far from others. Staff were nice. I had no problems there.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
24th Mar 2017
7.4

Not a bad hostel. Staff are really helpful. Could be cleaner, but it's not the worst place if your in a pinch and can't find another place. Not bad for what you pay.