Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

The wifi is good. and close to the central. The kitchen is too small and opened and incorporated to the reception and common room. The staff was cooperative, but relucant to solve our problems. No free parking is served. You have to make bed, pillow set and so on by yourself and return them back before you check out. A deposit of 5 pounds is needed for the key. The mixed sex rooms are in poor conditions, especially the one at the basement. No convenient power socket is served for every bed.

• 19th Aug 2015
  • China

Wouldn't take much for this hostel to be really, really high quality. The only problem is that they just don't really care. The staff are probably the worst I've seen in hospitality(ever!), literally just a bunch of girls who know they're getting paid to do nothing. Sheets stunk, owner was kind of creepy and complained about his staff in front of us. Good location though, and poor backpackers would enjoy the vibe around the hostel!

The hostel may be the cheapest one in Glasgow, but even so it is not good value for money. The place is dirty, old and the security is poor. The rooms are damp and very noisy as the walls are so thin, and the hostel is remote from every interesting attraction in the city. The staff is neither smiling nor helpful. DO NOT go there, it is worth paying an extra £5 and get a better accommodation.

• 15th Aug 2015

The place was dirty, run down, the lights didn't work in the shower and they had a sign asking you to mop up after your shower as the shower leaked everywhere. a completely depressing place that I'd avoid if I were you. Location was ok though

Good location but hostel was very rundown and looked like a building site- work and drilling started at 7am on Saturday morning. We were a group of 6 and were split in to two rooms, staff did try to move us so we're together but couldn't which didn't matter but the staff weren't the most friendly and all seemed a bit disorganised. Showers didn't have anywhere to hang anything and toilets were dirty, some didn't have locks etc. 1 night was fine but wouldn't go back again.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

Nice place!

We stayed in a 12-bed mixed dorm, it was my first stay in this kind of accommodation and I enjoyed it. The room was clean, beds were OK, showers&toilets were clean at all times, thanks to the staff for that! The location is superb. The place needs a bit of renovation and the receptionists aren't very friendly and they don't speak very good English (except for one lady on duty Sun 9 Aug in the morning who was really nice), but it is definitely a good cheap place to stay overnight.

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Simple hostel. The beds were comfortable and it was fairly clean. Only complaint is there was only one toilet/shower for everyone on the floor. Made it difficult to take a shower or simply brush my teeth. Otherwise it was a short stay and fine for one night.

Didn't even stay. The place is a hole in the wall facility and not worth it. I got in around midnight and had walked three miles to get here from the bus stop. I walked in and they made me go get five pounds for the key to the room. It's midnight! Give someone a break!! I had just gotten off the plane and was sick and just needed to go to bed. I walked out and booked another hostel, took a taxi and had a great stay. My cards were getting declined and they just took my license wout pay.

I'm sorry your visit to our hostel was such an exaggerated ordeal for you. Just to set the record straight. Your check in time on the computer shows 9:57p.m. not midnight. It's less than a mile to the bus station not the three, on average takes 20 mins. to walk. All this nonsense of a £5.00 key deposit.

Didn't actually stay here. I missed my flight to Glasgow but was charged for the first night anyhow. Not the fault of the hostel though, it's actually in the fine print. No idea what the place is like but I'm not going to dock their reputation for a mistake I made.

The hostel is very clear that it is the cheapest hostel in Glasgow and it's true so don't expect anything glamourous. The kitchen facilities work fine, the wifi is strong in the common areas and the water is hot when you need it to be. Bunks are like any other hostel although the 12 bedder didn't have any ventilation. Not the best nor the worst I've stayed in. If you just need somewhere to rest your head and store your stuff and you're on a budget with minimal fuss, you can book here.

The only thing I found to be good about this hostel was that it had a hot tub (although it was a bit dirty). No wifi in the bedrooms, the atmosphere was fairly gloomy and anti-social (there was only one common room with wifi so everyone was on their phone there), and there was no where to secure my stuff in the room.

For the price of the room, super cheap! Stayed in a 16 bed dorm, was hard to get a good night sleep (but that is to be expected when staying with so many people). Room was lovely, Nice hot showers and clean washrooms. There is a hot tub,living room & a kitchen is available. A little far from the city centre 15 minute walk or so. Make sure you have your passport with you! my friend did an early check-out where she was to return her key & keep her room door propped open @ nite. Little sketchy!

I had an ok sleep in thsi hostel. The beds were a bit creaky, which is always a bit annoying in a dorm room. Was not a problem for me because I slept with ear plugs, but for some it might be not so nice. SO bring ear plugs! Overall the hostel was ok, nothing special or excellent but not bad. Average.

I wasn't expecting much. It is a place to stay that is pretty cheap. I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews but it defiantly isn't a new fancy hostel. It is in an old building and I feel the upkeep of the place hasn't been the best. The window latch was broken. Wasn't enough lockers/plugs in the room, although extra in lobby.The surface was clean for the most part but nothing has been deep cleaned in quite some time. You have to bring all the sheets down when you check out.

You get what you pay for. These photos were taken from a good angle when the hostel had just been done up; they don't really represent what it's like now. Rooms are tatty, and the small kitchen area is the only real social spot. Difficult to meet people without a comfy communal area! That said, it IS very cheap and the people are all nice. Location is fine, but still a 20-minute walk to the city centre.

• 22nd Jul 2015

We stayed in a room across the street, and the bathrooms/shower were not very clean or neat. Could be improved.

I've stayed at hostels all around the world and this has been the worst one I've stayed at so far. Sleeping in an overcrowded, dark, dirty, poorly ventilated underground basement is unacceptable for any price. The facilities were a joke. Two showers that seemed to have been erected overnight, one toilet and one sink for 8 people. I don't understand how this kind of place stays open. If you are thinking of staying here, don't. Go somewhere else even if it's twice the price.

• 17th Jul 2015

Its called a backpacker hostel for backpackers and the cheapest place in town! its cheap because is a little rough around the edges. The shower doors are not painted so to you that means just erected? !toilet and sink for 8 people! this is normal for a hostel. The ratio is usually far worse that 8 per sink and toilet. You were not a backpacker . it clearly states in our description ,IF YOU ARE NOT A BACKPACKER DONT COME HERE YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!

during my stay, one of the toilet was not working and the other toilet without a lock.

Shower doors have about a 2cm gap that I covered with my towel, grey bunk beds are squeaky, blacks are not. Beds are comfy as hell, no lockers available though. Staff are wonderful people that are incredibly fun to chat with. Todd is unstable but that's all part of the fun, not when he's yelling at staff though. This place could use a little love and it would be amazing but still a decent place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4