Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

TERRIBLE! Spent 20 mins at front desk on arrival while they tried to locate my booking. Doors never closed properly, I constantly got back to the room finding the door slightly open. Bathrooms were gross. No lockers in rooms. Would not stay again, would not recomend to anyone. I've stayed in some average hostels but this one? Worst hostel in the world.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

The kitchen and common area was not clean enough

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • India

Would not stay here again - we were in a basement room across the road which is supposedly part of the hostel but no wi fi, showers divided by only a curtain, poor facilities. Manager yelling at people for "using all his wi-fi" when he was trying to check people in, very rude and swearing at guests. Walking distance to town and kelvingrove is probably the only good thing about this hostel.

I stayed there only one night and I must say I was glad. I always travel on a tight budget and stay in cheap hostels, but this one was the worst so far... My room was in a different building, not in the hostel itself, there wasn´t internet connection (only in the hostel opposite this building, still very poor), there were only 2 bunk beds in the room, nothing else. The girls on the desk were nice, but there was a very agressive, rude man also.

The bathrooms made me feel sick. The bedrooms made me squirm. The lobby made me anxious. The morning I left the lobby was locked and the man on staff was asleep on a bench inside te door and gave me a snarky remark when I knocked to check out and woke him up. Don't recommend this hostel.

Don't stay in this hostel! Everything is dirty and broken, staff is unfriendly, beds are really uncomfortable! Everything is so loud. Not enough showers and toilets. Please spend 1-2£ more and stay somewhere else!!

We stayed in a twin room in a seemingly recently refurbished/ new part of the hostel. The facilities were adequate (clean room & beds, clean bathroom), though a bit basic (no curtains, bin or mirrors for instance). We were there on a Monday & Tuesday so there wasn't much 'party noise' going on. Its location close to the pubs, restaurants & gig venues on Sauciehall Street is great. I can recommend Nice 'n Sleazy (bar) and Nanasan (Japanese restaurant) nearby.

This hostel was really gross... No soap in the bathrooms, toilet paper seldom replaced. Really nasty facilities. Fine if you're literally just sleeping there and don't plan on showering but I suggest to just not stay here. People were friendly but it's a skanky place. Sorry!

• 12th Jul 2014

I wouldn't recommend staying in this hostel and I won't be coming back. One good thing about this place was the staff were friendly and always up to party. Now for some of the bad things, no working Powerpoint in room or hallway, shared toilets and showers were dirty, beds were uncomfortable and had large springs pressing through, very noisy at night time, our room was at the top of 2 flights of stairs, wifi was ok when you could actually connect.

Quite frankly the most ineptly run hostel I have ever stayed in, and that includes a £10-a-night horror in Camden. Dirty, no working sockets in the rooms, shower rug clearly soiled, and in the middle of the third night a gentleman who sounded suspiciously similar to one of the lead members of staff spent a good deal of time aggressively yelling out of a window at girls outside, telling them they were "gorgeous" and inviting them up for a spliff. An utter shambles.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Worst hostel that I've ever been. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL!!!!! Dust, Fungus and spider webs everywhere, including bedrooms and washing rooms. Dirty bed linen thrown on the really messy laundry, close to the washing room. Hostel smelled like mold. Facilities were broken and not comfortable at all, beds were terrible. Basically a filthy room in the basement of a house. Nasty carpet, not enough lockers for everyone, no windows in the bathroom and washing room. Staff were incapable and unfriendly.

• 11th Jul 2014

room's sockets weren't working the whole time I spent there... old building, messy room with stuff that didn't belong to anyone staying there at the time... helpful staff and a good atmosphere to young people travelling to party, but if you're thinking of sightseeing during the day and have some rest at night, it's better to look for another place

Needs to be cleaner

Terrible hostel... Way to expensive, bad facilties. The staff was either drunk or just not really helpfull at all. I can't recommend it at all!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

very dirt, reception people were drunk, got my food stolen and the shower was very bad.

This is more of a young person party hostel. If your older or a family I would not recommend it. If your up for drinking games and going out to party, this might be a good value. Free towels is a nice touch. I'm of middle age so I will find a different place to stay next time I'm in Glasgow. Staff seems helpful

Our hostel is advertised as a party hostel for the younger crowd aged 18 to 35. Instead of just looking at the price of our beds, people should actually read the hostels description before they make a booking.

Not exactly The Ritz, but who needs The Ritz when you've got alcohol. Great hostel!

receiving very dirty and disorganized. Rooms small for the amount of bed rooms and very dirty bathrooms. The site does not correspond with the photos on the website. Dirty and me.

• 27th Jun 2014

Nice hostel. Really kind staff. But, were I was staying, the bathroom didn't have toilet paper. It looks like they were still building the other part of the hostel. It was everything pretty new. But, not even toilet paper? The rest of really clean and nice.

We arrived a bit early, and the staff were super friendly and helpful and allowed us to check in early. We found out our room was not apart of the main building, this meant no wifi in the rooms. There were no power-points in the rooms either, and only 2 showers (not always with hot water) in the building. Overall friendly staff, bad facilities.

« first « Prev 1 2 3