6.4
Good 851 Total Reviews
6.4
Good 851 Total Reviews
Blue Sky Hostel Located at 65 Berkeley street, , Glasgow.
Scotland
Glasgow Glasgow G3 7DX 65 Berkeley street
64% 851
55.8651978 -4.2744326
    Rooms available

17th Jun 2016
5.1

This place was horrible! If you're looking for a bed to sleep in, while feeling safe and comfortable, do yourself the favor and book a hotel or another hostel. I saw the owner when I was dining and his vibe was as hostile as the place itself. My room was located in a building across the street and I had to walk in and out of it (and cross the street) if I wanted to use the kitchen or talk to someone at reception. My room was awful, felt exposed, dirty and had an awful feeling to it.

• England, Mixed Group, 25-30
7th Jun 2016
4.6

stayed in dorms that are currently having construction work done and this was still going on at 4am so if you want to get sleep this isnt the place for you. There were 2 showers for about 30 people long queues in the morn. Had to wait over 2 hours to check-in to my room even though lots of other people managed to check in before me. Wouldnt stay here again. Only good thing was it was close to city. Dont use the directions they give you on website you can just walk to the hostel from central

Hey. Check in is posted at 14:00, you showed up really early and we weren't able to get you in the room until 12:00. You were let in 2 hours before check in! The construction you speak of is not being done in the room you stayed in, it is our neighbors remodeling their building, we unfortunately have no control over what they do, but had you come to us,(reception is open 24 hours)... we could have made a complaint. when you want to shower at 9:00 of course you will have to wait in queues, get up earlier if you want to be first!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
5th Jun 2016
5.1

The hostel was not quite what we expected. As we arrived the lady at the desk was very nice, however did not give us any maps or recommendations of things to do while we stayed. There wasn't really much atmosphere, the place was a pretty dull. The bathrooms/toilets (especially on the lower floor) were very grimey. We paid £15 per night (~AU$32) and essentially only got a creaky bed and a dirty facilities. I wouldn't recommend this hostel, nor would I recommend visiting Glasgow itself.

I'm sorry you felt that way... Glasgow is a great city. There are brochures and maps set out all over reception, and if you had asked for some recommendations I would have happily given some.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
5th Jun 2016

Was great, can improve but for a short instance was perfect

• Portugal, Couple, 25-30
1st Jun 2016
3.1

Worst hostel EVEEEEEEEER. The idea was to stay 2 nights and we only stayed one (even we knew that we were going to lose the money). The worst part about this hole, was... we arrived at 1am (tired and sleepy) and they demanded that we pay buy cash the security for the keys. otherwise we could not check in. We had to go searching for ATM because the one close was broken. Probably gone receive a childish reply... lol.

Hello, it is plainly stated on the booking site that you have to pay a £5.00 cash key deposit at check in. You said you were to arrive at 20:00 and you arrived after 1:00, we can not control which cash stops are broken. You should be prepared when you travel ....who travels to a foreign country and doesn't have the proper currency?

• Italy, Male, 25-30
1st Jun 2016
7.7

My stay was just for one day, the staff was very friendly and there was a furnished kitchen to cook your own food. It would have been a nice stay if the guy next to me in the bedroom was a little less noisy. At the end I had to sleep on the couch in the reception to fall asleep, never heard anyone sleeping so loud. Anyway it's not hostel's fault.

Sorry about the noisy roommate.. but when you book into a dorm you never know who you'll be bunking next to. We enjoyed having you stay with us, hope to see you again. Cheers

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
31st May 2016

Very relaxed and calm hostel. It is located rather peripheral but just two or three steps away from a bus stop. Bright rooms with plenty of space and en-suite bathrooms.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
29th May 2016
7.4

Stayed during renovations, so some nights noise could be heard after 9pm. Staff were helpful with direction and the beds were comfy.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
29th May 2016

Great friendly spot clean but rough around the edges.... you get what you pay for Good place for easy going people not stuck up snobs .. I would definitely go back x

Thanks mate, we enjoyed having you and hope to see you again. Cheers

• Italy, All Male Group, 25-30
28th May 2016
4.0

Abbiamo trovato un ostello al di sotto delle nostre aspettative, sporco, dislocato male e con pochi servizi. I letti se non altro erano pochi. E come diceva mio nonno: "con poco te ghe poco".

Hey, We have housekeepers that clean every morning, the rest of the day guests are to clean up after themselves, this is why there are signs everywhere asking guests to clean up the kitchen after using it. I had to do you and your friends dishes after you left the kitchen and pick up the garbage you left on the table as well, even though you walked right past the trash bin on your way out. The guests that were waiting to use the table after you weren't happy with your manners either.