Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

For the price of the room, super cheap! Stayed in a 16 bed dorm, was hard to get a good night sleep (but that is to be expected when staying with so many people). Room was lovely, Nice hot showers and clean washrooms. There is a hot tub,living room & a kitchen is available. A little far from the city centre 15 minute walk or so. Make sure you have your passport with you! my friend did an early check-out where she was to return her key & keep her room door propped open @ nite. Little sketchy!

I wasn't expecting much. It is a place to stay that is pretty cheap. I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews but it defiantly isn't a new fancy hostel. It is in an old building and I feel the upkeep of the place hasn't been the best. The window latch was broken. Wasn't enough lockers/plugs in the room, although extra in lobby.The surface was clean for the most part but nothing has been deep cleaned in quite some time. You have to bring all the sheets down when you check out.

You get what you pay for. These photos were taken from a good angle when the hostel had just been done up; they don't really represent what it's like now. Rooms are tatty, and the small kitchen area is the only real social spot. Difficult to meet people without a comfy communal area! That said, it IS very cheap and the people are all nice. Location is fine, but still a 20-minute walk to the city centre.

• 22nd Jul 2015

We stayed in a room across the street, and the bathrooms/shower were not very clean or neat. Could be improved.

I've stayed at hostels all around the world and this has been the worst one I've stayed at so far. Sleeping in an overcrowded, dark, dirty, poorly ventilated underground basement is unacceptable for any price. The facilities were a joke. Two showers that seemed to have been erected overnight, one toilet and one sink for 8 people. I don't understand how this kind of place stays open. If you are thinking of staying here, don't. Go somewhere else even if it's twice the price.

• 17th Jul 2015

Its called a backpacker hostel for backpackers and the cheapest place in town! its cheap because is a little rough around the edges. The shower doors are not painted so to you that means just erected? !toilet and sink for 8 people! this is normal for a hostel. The ratio is usually far worse that 8 per sink and toilet. You were not a backpacker . it clearly states in our description ,IF YOU ARE NOT A BACKPACKER DONT COME HERE YOU WILL NOT BE HAPPY!

during my stay, one of the toilet was not working and the other toilet without a lock.

Shower doors have about a 2cm gap that I covered with my towel, grey bunk beds are squeaky, blacks are not. Beds are comfy as hell, no lockers available though. Staff are wonderful people that are incredibly fun to chat with. Todd is unstable but that's all part of the fun, not when he's yelling at staff though. This place could use a little love and it would be amazing but still a decent place to stay.

Really good value for money! The place really grew on us after a while.The staff were really nice, and a few of them came out drinking with us!

I stayed four nights at Blue Sky, and to be fair is wasn't that bad. I met tons of people from different parts of the world. And to be honest to stay in Glasgow for four nights was a horrible idea, I should have only gone for one day. Blue Sky is the type of hostel that you would stay at and enjoy because of the people, but you would never return or suggest to a friend. I had to share one toilet and one shower with a whole floor, I've never been so grateful for rubber flip-flops.

• 10th Jul 2015

Arrived at 1:30 and had a good night sleep until check out at 10

There were only two showers and two toilets to share between lots of people and it made for long waits. There were lockers in the room but there were not that many of them. And during the day before the room was ready there were no lockers for my bag so it sat in the open common room area. Not enough outlets for the amount of people in there. People were fantastic :)

Great staff and not sooo far from city center. Nice common area and big dorms. Had a awesome time in blue sky hostel!!

• 9th Jul 2015

Had a lovely time and highly recommended.

Didn't stay here much a run down place but the cheapest in Glasgow. Seemed to attract a lot of hippies. If you're looking for a place to sleep for the night this is the place for you.

Nice, clean, though not one of the best I've seen! But good enough for a comfortable night. Only Downside - The nightlife ends at 3 pm in Glasgow, but the hostel reception is only available till 2 pm (they come back at 7 am in the morning). Since we had to leave at 6 in the morning the next day, we couldn't get the 5 pound security deposit. It'd be great if they could keep the reception till 3:30 am so that people like us can enjoy the nightlife completely AND get the deposit back as well.

Great location, bus stop right outside the hostel takes you to the airport. Rooms and bathrooms are extremely clean. Great kitchen facilities. There was a dog in the hostel throughout our stay which seemed to belong to the owner which could be a problem for anyone with allergies.

• 29th Jun 2015

It's about what you would expect for the money. Not super clean but not filthy either. The staff were great though! I went out of town for the day and left my bags there after check out. I missed my train and my bags ended up staying over night. They were totally cool about keeping it there and let me charge my phone and hang out for a bit the next day

There were definitely not enough lockers for the number of beds in the room. The kitchen also could have been cleaner.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Not bad. We had a private room so we didn't have many issues. Just the staff. We arrived late at night and halfway through checking in, the girl left us waiting for 10 solid minutes while she did something else. And we were really tired and it was obnoxious waiting. Then she wouldn't split the cost with our two cards when every other hostel has done that for us. It just seemed like she had no intention of trying to help us in any way.

The owner doesn't care at all about the hostel and its guests I believe; he bumped in our dorm to change the lamps (which were old and dirty) and he threw them on other guests beds!! Apart from this episode hostel was clean, but poor facilities

« first « Prev 1 2 3