Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

Nice staff and atmosphere was ok, just a bit strange being across the road from the main building. Great location tho, handy to the city. Maybe an organised group event would be a good idea for the weekend nights.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

Probably one of the worst hostels I have stayed in. I put in a house across the road. I wonder did the house have a permit to operate as a hostel. There was no attached door to men's toilet. No key to women's toilet . Impression I got from the place was that it was rented for a short while over the busy season and as little money was spent as possible.

• 13th Mar 2015

The reason there is no door on the toilet is because it is being repaired. Common sense should tell you that it should not be used. There are two other toilets in the building to use.

For a hostel there were a lot of older people there. The shower was broken. I put the temperature to an average shower temperature but the water temperature would go from freezing cold to burning hot back to freezing without me even touching the dial. I am so glad I got a private room because otherwise I do not feel that my stuff would be safe. The kitchen was disgusting and so was the lobby area. Wifi was also unreliable.

They need a common area with sofas, a t.v. maybe? movies? Plugs next to the beds was a big missing. But an ok hostel in general, not bad for the price.

I spent only one night there and felt it was one of my best nights in years. The staff are amazingly friendly, welcoming and I felt like I was at home. After loads of fun I had in the lounge with people I met for the first time, we ended up dancing in a night club. I stayed awake all night long and checked out early in the morning feeling tired but my heart was full of excitement. It's a shame that I didn't have enough time to try out a hot tub in there, but hey, I will go back there for sure:)

• 14th Feb 2015
  • Serbia

The hostel have a really good atmospher, you can always found someone to talk and chatting. Everytime parties!But if you are tired you can going to sleep in your room!It's good!

• 12th Feb 2015

Staff were friendly. Shower wasn't hot or cold. Bedroom gets really warm at night, I couludn't sleep well. Location is good.

Don't go for this hostel just cause its cheap, its the worst hostel i've ever stayed at. Terrible location, disgusting facilities, its not worth saving an extra 2 or 3 euros - especially when its so far away from the city centre, at least a 15 minute walk

most people in the hostel were living there looking for work in Glasgow and weren't other travellers like myself. noone locked our room door/pulled it shut properly to auto lock, which I dont mind but others might. not enough toilets and showers for the number of guests, pretty sure there is only one shower for the 16 bed dorm.

its january, the middle of winter. not many tourist this time of year. we have 6 staff and 4 long term guests living in the hostel at this time.

The bed was really comfortable and warm. The lock on my door was broken though, so no one needed a key to get in. That lowered my opinion for sure.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The hostel is NOT in the city centre at all! You have to walk at least 20 minutes to get there. This hostel looks like a kind of ghetto run by everybody who is in the hostel! It seems like there is no proper boss. The private room was ok though. because of the fire alarm at 4 am, we had to change room and go across the roasd in a room with otherpeople while we have paid to have a private room! People there were very strange and partied a lot in the common room and were not resectful at all.

We say in the description that we are 20 minute walk from city center. You were booked into an 8 bed dorm, it wasn't a private room. You were just lucky enough to have had it to yourselves. You chose to go to another room so you really have no reason to complain. Fire alarms happen sometimes, thankfully it was a false alarm, someone smoking in a room. We have to follow procedures set by the fire marshal, sorry that it interrupted your sleep.

blue sky hostel have some problem , about the toilets , the one is terrible because the water isn`t warm and didn`t have a place for put clothes and some things .about the enviroment , there were a lot of employee but they didn`t do the cleaner right .

I WENT THERE WITH SOME FRIENDS AND WE SAW: ROOMS DIRTY, TOILETS DIRTY, SHOWER DIRTY AND NO PLACE TO PUT OUR CLOTHES, A BIG DOG IN THE LIVING ROOM AND IN THE KITCHEN, AND THAN A EMPLOYEE MAKING SEXY IN A GUESTS ROOM. SO THATS ALL, LOOK LIKE A STORY BUT NO! DONT GO THERE!!

This is a self catering hostel, our cleaners work every morning. The rest of the day you are supposed to tidy after yourself, If your room is messy clean up your mess. Try a hotel next time they have 24 hour cleaning staff. Cheers

Hotel accommodation for hostel prices is a big plus. Was nice to have a tv in room to chill out. People in my room were snoring which was annoying, but happens at different places.

That's definitely a party hostel, so if u don't want to wake up at 3am with some drunk people screaming next to your bed, that's not the right place for u. It's about 20 min walk from the bus station, not that bad.

We are a PARTY hostel, stated very clearly in our description which obviously you failed to read before you booked. If you only book because of price you really have no reason to complain. Cheers

Don't have luggage room. The hostel is big and have only two showers (one was broken). The beds are not identified, you have to 'mark' your own bed.

Each bed has a number on it, all you have to do is look. There are 4 showers in the building, if you are unsure of something you should ask. cheers

I booked the private room for three people, and is really good for an affordable price. The atmosphere was really good and staff extremely friendly! I was welcomed by the Hostel's dog, is a big labrador and friendly as hell, his name is Chief, he's really funny but very calm, don't worry, he'll not hop on you! Haha. I totally recommend the place.

Happy you enjoyed you stay. Cheers

It was a horrible experience! 18 mixed bed room was dirty and smelly! I came in December, and the heating in room didnt work, leaving us a cold and uncomfortable sleep night! Bathroom was not clean enough and many facilities seemed to be out of order:( the good thing is their friendly staff but not really helpful! The price was okay, considering as the cheapest one found out of bunches of pricey hostel in Glasgow! The location was not convenient to travel, which was quite far from city centre!

WE CLEAN EVERY MORNING. There are 18 people staying in the same room, this is why it costs only £10 and why it may not smell fresh all day. The heating works well but someone probably opened the window. If you were uncomfortable why didn't you mention it to a staff member? You could have been moved to another room, but if you don't say anything we cannot help. We are a 15 minute walk from city center, there are bus stops within a block and a subway station 2 blocks away.

I'm not happy with the room and the bathroom. It looks a little dirty and makes me uncomfortable.

Arrived late at night and left early the next day, was only needing a bed for the night Pros: Cheap Great Location Staff seemed friendly Cons: Arrived to find sheets stacked on my bed and had to make it myself (after I had booked 1 week in advance) Top of the toilet was broken/missing, had to pull on every part inside to find out how to flush it Similarly the shower head wall mount was broken so had to hold it up myself Just small things, but could've been prevented