Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

Was a bit disappointed in it. Didn't think it was a good look when before I walked through the door to check in I heard the boss yelling at his staff that the hostel was a disgrace cos it wasn't clean. Stayed in an 18 bed dorm for one night and that was enough for me. Take out a couple of bunks and it would be a lot spacier

For what you are paying, this hostel is in a great location; maybe 10-15, easy walk from the center & very close to several museums (in the opposite direction). The staff was incredibly helpful, helped me take my stuff up to my room, gave me a quick tour of the place so I knew where the shower/bath was located and overall really friendly. I'd stay here again if I was passing through Glasgow.

No lockers for big bags.

don't stay here, rooms across road from common area, where only wifi is which only works sometimes, line ups to use washroom constantly, had to wait 15 min to use one at 6 am. beds all squeeked bad. showers you feel dirtier after using then when you got in. would it be so hard to have a shelf even chair to put your clothes on in shower area? they let none travelers stay there, had a guy come in without backpack in mid night who slept in clothes in unmade bed and stank. no proper lockers. far out

It seemed that the staff didn't care at all about what's going on in the hostel. When we checked in the guy at front desk seemed to have no clue whatsoever of what he had to do. It's probabaly a great hostel if you're just out for drinking because they seemed to not even care if you bring people back into your room. For the washrooms: I do tolarate a lot but the smell there was terrible. The walls had holes all over and the shower didn't look like you should use it.

Overpriced bed for a night, presumably due to Commonwealth Games. Regardless, no need for massively inflated prices. Everything else was pretty standard / average. Clean enough, safe enough, but nothing outstanding.

we were still the cheapest place in town by a long way.

The young staff seemed friendly and the more mature American lady. It was a pity on the last day to here an older American guy, who knew the staff or work there say ' i've never been in a country where men are so not men' and that we should all be able to fix cars. Then the staff mentioned they get confused who's gay, cause all the men wear V necks.... Then the older American guy said ' Therese all these fat people wearing sporting clothes (Commonwealth games) You don't fool me' - INAPPROPRIATE!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi! Sorry you found the conversation you were not involved in offensive. People will have different opinions that yours pretty much everywhere you go. That is all part of travelling mate.

Only 3 showers in the whole building. Of the two showers that I used, both had broken wall attachments, and one shower (top floor) was either cold or scalding, warm water wasn't possible. A small amount of maintaince work would make a massive difference.

Sorry about that mate but... all but 1 shower were new before the games( 1 month ago) but people smashed them all! It is hard when people dont care about the things they use. If people turn the knob and wait a few seconds for the temperature to change instead of panic turning the knobs until they break off you will have better results.

Picked it because it was one of the few hostels that were still available during the commonwealth games weekend. The price of the 10-bed mixed dorm was a massively hiked £50 per person per night. The room smelled, and so did the supposedly clean bed sheets. The dorm door didn't lock itself. On the plus side, it was very conveniently located, and the showers were surprisingly clean.

When you are sleeping in a dorm you have to put up with the hygiene of your fellow guests. Thats all part of the adventure!! £50 was still £100 less than anywhere else in town.

It was too expensive, the beds were terrible and the bathroom terrible. We hated it and don't recommend it to anyone.

Have you ever seen the great escape?

• 30th Jul 2014

18 bed dorm with only six lockers in it - one per bed a must. Woke up to find shower unit covered in Urine... difficult to police, but easy to clean with early morning duty rotas; Otherwise, well run, good folks behind it and lots of atmosphere - with a great location.

This hostel was a little disorganized, when we arrived our beds weren't sorted properly and we weren't given a bed until a few hours after we checked in, the bed sheets had not been washed and our beds weren't made . The staff was super friendly and awesome, we had a great time with them. It wasn't as clean as I hoped it to be.

Come on give us a break. you got here before check out time...

the room we stayed in was a death trap, there was a fire place that wasn't blocked off, the window had steel bars as if you were in a prison, no means of escape if there was a fire in the hallway, random people came in to our room with keys to other rooms (???). but on the good side, the hot tub/jacuzzi was a nice surprise!

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Wales

Staff were ok but the bed we had was shocking. The pillow had no case on it and had yellow stains so had to use my t shirt as a pillow case and the duvet cover looked like it hadn't been washed just turned inside out.

• 27th Jul 2014

Why didnt you say something about it? we have 100's of sheets and pillow cases. easily fixed. sometimes beds get missed. sorry about that.

I didn't like the way the dormitories were set up. Ours had 11 girls and 7 boys. The one next door had 9 boys and 1 girl. The door was left on the latch, anyone could get in to the dorm room at any time. I couldn't sleep as the curtain by the window was left open by the person who had the bunk nearest the window and the street light shone straight into my face. Half the showers were not working for a hostel where there were many dozens of people. A distinct lack of hygiene.

• 25th Jul 2014

The hostel was very clean and the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. The price was a little high, but other than that a nice wee place.

• Scotland

Staff friendly, bed linen clean, lots of power boards loaded onto each other so guests can charge their phones. Kitchen clean enough. Two computers available for guests to use. WiFi very intermittent. Showers and toilets were mouldy, smelly and quite gross.

• 25th Jul 2014

The worst hostel I have ever stayed in. When we checked out (a day early) we were not surprised to find other people were too - very inflated commonwealth games prices, absentminded staff, rickety beds, very few power points to charge with, no lockers, and only one shower

The staff was good and the location was good but the building itself was dirty. The bathrooms were gross. There were limited plug outlets so could not charge anything there. There were only 6 lockers in a room of 18 people so most people will have to leave their things unlocked. The commonwealth games were going on so it was somewhat expensive but so was the whole town.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4