6.3
Good 804 Total Reviews
6.3
Good 804 Total Reviews
Blue Sky Hostel Located at 65 Berkeley street, , Glasgow.
Scotland
Glasgow Glasgow G3 7DX 65 Berkeley street
63% 804
55.8651978 -4.2744326
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Apr 2016
4.9

Its good for one night. The beds are nice but the shower is not great and im pretty sure there was only 1 for the entire hostel. The location isnt awful but not close to city center. Staff were lovely and security is good.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
19th Apr 2016
4.6

Pros - - great central location, within walking distance to everything - the woman on front desk who had the dog was very pleasant Cons - - absolutely freezing, was warmer outside the hostel than in our room - homeless men sleeping in our room made for a not so nice smell, also felt a little unsafe - other staff unhelpful - at one point only 3 people staying in our room, next person to stay was assigned bunk above mine even though there was 12 other spare beds? Seemed strange.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we do not rent to locals or people without a passport so I am unsure which guest you assumed homeless...when you book into a 16 bed dorm you have to deal with other peoples aromas. If you had an issue with these things I do wish you would have come and chatted while you were still here, I may have been able to rectify any problem.

16th Apr 2016
3.4

When we arrived at the reception - the staff were unfriendly and rude. Didn't want to help and just wanted to get us checked in. We were in a four person mixed dorm room, which was clean but the bunk-beds were REALLY close to each other. Smelt like chlorine the whole time, because the hot tub was one floor down. Everyone was partying RIGHT outside our room door until 3am, glass was being broken, guys were yelling at girls, and we didn't get any sleep. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

I'm sorry if you felt like the staff just wanted to check you in, that is their job. So you book into a party hostel then complain that there is a party? May I suggest that you read hostel descriptions before you book, then your review won't sound so ridiculous. Cheers

16th Apr 2016
2.3

I didn't realize I had a limit on the stuff I would take from cheap digs but I have found my limit here. Less than desirable location, unhelpful staff who overbooked the bed I was staying in so I had to switch to a top bunk with no ladder so I climbed up using a radiator. The place is nothing like the pictures (or at least those pictures are from when it was originally constructed because it's so decrepit now it is crazy). Don't come here if you are trying to enjoy Glasgow because it'll ruin

Hi, we were not overbooked while you were here. You were assigned a top bunk when you arrived, you were upset that you didn't get a bottom bunk . The radiators are by the window and your bed was on the other side of the room, you are quite a climber!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
13th Apr 2016
6.0

No frills very basic hostel. Good for one or two nights

9th Apr 2016
6.0

I had a terrible experience at the hostel. I only booked because it was a cheap hostel not too far out. I arrived and was told that because I was leaving early I would not be able to get my deposit for the key back. They said that I could wake up to give the keys back just before 4, but that seemed a bit ludicrous as I wanted to sleep. I then was walked outside, which honestly creeped me out because he had not explained that the hostel was in 2 buildings. Beds were creaky, bathroom dirty.

This is just not true, you were told reception was open until 04:00. For an early checkout you are to make arrangements before you go to sleep. Our housekeepers come through every morning, the rest of the day you are to clean up after yourselves. If the bathrooms were dirty thank your fellow guests. Like you stated you are cheap not a backpacker..This is a backpacker hostel not the Hilton.

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
9th Apr 2016
5.7

Overall our party enjoyed the stay. We do appreciate that hostels are not exactly trying to be 'top end' accommodation, but I have marked this one down based on my experience with other hostels of a similar price. There were only two showers in the building and one was out of order, so the other one had to accommodate two floors of people. This shower itself was in a terrible state; the heating changed from the extremes of hot and cold with about a quarter inch of the dial being turned,

• USA, Female, 18-24
5th Apr 2016
6.9

Cheap place to stay. Nothing more than that.

2nd Apr 2016
8.0

Really nice rooms, but no lockers in rooms - only in reception? Seemingly only one shower for two floors of hostel. On top of the shower there was about 10 old and empty shampoo/bodywash bottles, hair and dust. It's a fine hostel, great atmosphere, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, but it could be an A+ hostel instead of an A grade hostel with only a little bit of extra effort.

Hi mate. We are doing our best but at the moment its impossible to block bookings from people who are not backpackers. we have to accept people who are in Glasgow just tear up the city when they come back to the hostel they do the same. No lockers in some rooms because people lose their keys and rip the doors off instead of asking reception to cut the locks off. Also people dont respect other people start banging lockers at 4am so we have taken lockers out of the large dorms. In reception lockers is also more secure for your things as people are always watching them.

• Slovenia, Female, 25-30
1st Apr 2016

I loved this place! Rooms were okay, the bathrooms and showers were clean, staff was super nice. I met some pretty awesome people and had great fun in the evenings...the whole experience was one big party! I stayed there during the weekend and we got free food around midnight from the restaurant next door. If you want to have a good time and socialize, I would recommend this hostel :)