Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

I'm not a person with very high standards, but I've never seen a worse hostel like this one. The person who worked at the reception was not only shady, but also a bit creepy, called my girlfriend "princess" and so on. Most of the other person in the hostel seemed to be on drugs. In the bathroom I found a syringe. It was awful. You had to be afraid, that your stuff don't get stolen at night. We booked three nights, but left after the very first. Money was kept. Never again. Highly disadice

• 4th Dec 2014

Astonished at the facilities in such poor condition at the first sight, so I decided not to move in although I have to pay all the fees. I originally want to have a try to spend some time at hostel. But I think maybe its better for me to live in hilton which has better security as well as the location.

Was good for value, but the cleanliness was poor. Besides, the wifi was not so good.

• 29th Nov 2014

Really cheap. Not the nicest place to stay, but for 1 night it was fine.

There's a problem with the management of these rooms. When I arrived I went to my supposed room with one of the staff but there were no more beds available! All the rooms in the building were full so the guy had to send me across the street in another building to find a bed. However, I have to say that they were quite nice and they apologised for their mistake. The pillow on my bed had blood stains on it, gross!! And the toilet was very dirty. Suggestion: Put a clothes' support in the showers.

Very dirty: duvets pillows, showers, rooms. Dirty clothes and towels in the way, under construction, tools. The room was very cold as the heater was broken and could not be fixed during my 3 days stay, so very unpleasant. There was only a very small common area, on the other building, so no internet in my building. Very messy, dirty, cold, uncomfortable.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Unfortunately a 'deluxe room with 3 beds' is only a room with two beds, one of which is in between a two and one persons bed.

• 21st Nov 2014

Not very we'll facilitated

• 20th Nov 2014
  • China

Arrived early and was told to come back as my room wont be ready till 12.30pm. That was fine so i went off and came back at 12.30 as instructed. When i arrived back was then told my room was still not ready but i could still check in and go to the room and it will be cleaned and new bed linen will be sorted. over 1 hour had passed and nobody had come near the room. The room was in bad condition, walls destroyed,roof had work done to it but still bits of plaster was falling off.

By far the worst hostel ever. Did not know about my booking when I checked in. Checked me out a day early. No hot water. No lock on the bathroom. No door handle on the room door. Bed sheets falling apart. No wife in the second building.

We stayed in the building across the street separate from the main hostel area/ reception. No bathroom doors locked on this side of the building. Staff members were sleeping in the shower area making it uncomfortable to use the facilities. keys could open all rooms making security a concern

Great staff, really nice people. Room and shower were very clean and we had a great weekend! Would definetily stay in this hostel again! Cheers

• 7th Nov 2014

Dirty room. Toilet bin overflowing with toilet paper. Worst element are the staff - apparently lodgers paying their way by working there. Not a problem per se but they have not been trained by the belligerent proprietor. As a result we waited an hour to be checked in since they couldn't deal with online bookings and didn't have the initiative to check us in the old fashioned way. In keeping with the hostels cheeky youth vibe, we had chocolates thrown at us instead. Left early. Great location.

Look, in a hostel you share everything with other people. If they are messy we cant do anything about that. the reason hostels are cheap is that they dont have 24 hour maid service. people are meant to clean up after them selves and respect others. Our computers were down for a short bit, this happens! We couldn't check you in 'the old fashioned way' because you couldnt provide us with any information like who you booked through or when you made your booking so how were we to look it up?

insufficient showers. not a place to hang stuff. I believe the toilets should be cleaned more often. very thin walls, you can hear everything!

Don't stay here if you can avoid it. Needs a serious face lift. It feels like an old brothel house.

No warm water, beds very short, not a good place to go, if one actually wants to sleep. When I stayed there it was very noisy during the night. If you are so strict about drinks, food and smoking you should also be strict about other things.

• 4th Oct 2014

We do our best to keep the dorms quiet. You cant blame us for peoples rudeness. Thanks to the booking engines its all about money and not about hostels for hostel people. the backpacker code and people showing others respect or even acknowledging people out side of a facebook window is a thing of the past im afraid!

The hostel is ok- the main positive is friendly staff and a welcoming atmosphere with good common area. I liked that they organised everyone as a group to go out to nearby pubs/clubs. The beds and bathrooms are very basic. But clean enough. Staff were quite vague when giving directions and when asked about public transport, etc. lockers and towels for hire. Decent kitchen. Computers available but internet not working at the time. Wifi was fine though- a little patchy in upstairs bedrooms.

Only hot showers were in the building across the road, wifi works in the common room, kitchen had enough supplies but was very messy; I suppose that's on the other guests. Space in the rooms for bags and enough lockers for those who needed them. Close enough to walk to most places of interest.

I really liked staying at rhe blue sky hostel. the staff and all the guests were super friendly and helpfull - I'd love to stay there again!

• 24th Sep 2014

Pleasant & helpful staff. Could do with more a few more lockers in the 20 dorm room. Okay location, between the city centre & west end, most places of interest within walking distance. Bit of a fun party hostel, I'd be happy to visit again. Stayed September 2014.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4