Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

The bathrooms made me feel sick. The bedrooms made me squirm. The lobby made me anxious. The morning I left the lobby was locked and the man on staff was asleep on a bench inside te door and gave me a snarky remark when I knocked to check out and woke him up. Don't recommend this hostel.

Don't stay in this hostel! Everything is dirty and broken, staff is unfriendly, beds are really uncomfortable! Everything is so loud. Not enough showers and toilets. Please spend 1-2£ more and stay somewhere else!!

We stayed in a twin room in a seemingly recently refurbished/ new part of the hostel. The facilities were adequate (clean room & beds, clean bathroom), though a bit basic (no curtains, bin or mirrors for instance). We were there on a Monday & Tuesday so there wasn't much 'party noise' going on. Its location close to the pubs, restaurants & gig venues on Sauciehall Street is great. I can recommend Nice 'n Sleazy (bar) and Nanasan (Japanese restaurant) nearby.

This hostel was really gross... No soap in the bathrooms, toilet paper seldom replaced. Really nasty facilities. Fine if you're literally just sleeping there and don't plan on showering but I suggest to just not stay here. People were friendly but it's a skanky place. Sorry!

• 12th Jul 2014

room's sockets weren't working the whole time I spent there... old building, messy room with stuff that didn't belong to anyone staying there at the time... helpful staff and a good atmosphere to young people travelling to party, but if you're thinking of sightseeing during the day and have some rest at night, it's better to look for another place

Needs to be cleaner

Terrible hostel... Way to expensive, bad facilties. The staff was either drunk or just not really helpfull at all. I can't recommend it at all!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

very dirt, reception people were drunk, got my food stolen and the shower was very bad.

This is more of a young person party hostel. If your older or a family I would not recommend it. If your up for drinking games and going out to party, this might be a good value. Free towels is a nice touch. I'm of middle age so I will find a different place to stay next time I'm in Glasgow. Staff seems helpful

Our hostel is advertised as a party hostel for the younger crowd aged 18 to 35. Instead of just looking at the price of our beds, people should actually read the hostels description before they make a booking.

Not exactly The Ritz, but who needs The Ritz when you've got alcohol. Great hostel!

receiving very dirty and disorganized. Rooms small for the amount of bed rooms and very dirty bathrooms. The site does not correspond with the photos on the website. Dirty and me.

• 27th Jun 2014

Nice hostel. Really kind staff. But, were I was staying, the bathroom didn't have toilet paper. It looks like they were still building the other part of the hostel. It was everything pretty new. But, not even toilet paper? The rest of really clean and nice.

We arrived a bit early, and the staff were super friendly and helpful and allowed us to check in early. We found out our room was not apart of the main building, this meant no wifi in the rooms. There were no power-points in the rooms either, and only 2 showers (not always with hot water) in the building. Overall friendly staff, bad facilities.

• 26th Jun 2014

We had a great time. Everyone was nice and outgoing. Very social. Only issue is our labeled food was stolen from the fridge, besides that, definitely a great place to stay in glasgow!

It depends what you're looking for in a hostel, but this place definitely wasn't for me. The staff sure do like to party, so much so that one of them spent the night in my dorm with another guest. Kitchen facilities were very limited and it was very unclean. Even if food is clearly labelled it's not respected, half of the food I had in the fridge got stolen. There are no power outlets in the rooms, best you get is out in the hallway. Wifi only works on the bottom floor.

The beds are damn noisy!...making strange souns every time you move....

The bed was really bad- lumpy and springy.

• 18th Jun 2014

The friendliest and most welcoming hostel I've stayed in. Really nice atmosphere and a very cute puppy

It's a bit grimy and threadbare, but the staff are nice and the atmosphere is very social. The location is not great - its a bit of a walk to anywhere, but it's not too far, at the same time. Good place if you are just staying a night and need to crash somewhere.

It wasn't compotable and cleen.

« first « Prev 1 2 3