Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

The bed was really comfortable and warm. The lock on my door was broken though, so no one needed a key to get in. That lowered my opinion for sure.

• 23rd Jan 2015

The hostel is NOT in the city centre at all! You have to walk at least 20 minutes to get there. This hostel looks like a kind of ghetto run by everybody who is in the hostel! It seems like there is no proper boss. The private room was ok though. because of the fire alarm at 4 am, we had to change room and go across the roasd in a room with otherpeople while we have paid to have a private room! People there were very strange and partied a lot in the common room and were not resectful at all.

blue sky hostel have some problem , about the toilets , the one is terrible because the water isn`t warm and didn`t have a place for put clothes and some things .about the enviroment , there were a lot of employee but they didn`t do the cleaner right .

I WENT THERE WITH SOME FRIENDS AND WE SAW: ROOMS DIRTY, TOILETS DIRTY, SHOWER DIRTY AND NO PLACE TO PUT OUR CLOTHES, A BIG DOG IN THE LIVING ROOM AND IN THE KITCHEN, AND THAN A EMPLOYEE MAKING SEXY IN A GUESTS ROOM. SO THATS ALL, LOOK LIKE A STORY BUT NO! DONT GO THERE!!

This is a self catering hostel, our cleaners work every morning. The rest of the day you are supposed to tidy after yourself, If your room is messy clean up your mess. Try a hotel next time they have 24 hour cleaning staff. Cheers

Hotel accommodation for hostel prices is a big plus. Was nice to have a tv in room to chill out. People in my room were snoring which was annoying, but happens at different places.

That's definitely a party hostel, so if u don't want to wake up at 3am with some drunk people screaming next to your bed, that's not the right place for u. It's about 20 min walk from the bus station, not that bad.

We are a PARTY hostel, stated very clearly in our description which obviously you failed to read before you booked. If you only book because of price you really have no reason to complain. Cheers

Don't have luggage room. The hostel is big and have only two showers (one was broken). The beds are not identified, you have to 'mark' your own bed.

Each bed has a number on it, all you have to do is look. There are 4 showers in the building, if you are unsure of something you should ask. cheers

I booked the private room for three people, and is really good for an affordable price. The atmosphere was really good and staff extremely friendly! I was welcomed by the Hostel's dog, is a big labrador and friendly as hell, his name is Chief, he's really funny but very calm, don't worry, he'll not hop on you! Haha. I totally recommend the place.

Happy you enjoyed you stay. Cheers

It was a horrible experience! 18 mixed bed room was dirty and smelly! I came in December, and the heating in room didnt work, leaving us a cold and uncomfortable sleep night! Bathroom was not clean enough and many facilities seemed to be out of order:( the good thing is their friendly staff but not really helpful! The price was okay, considering as the cheapest one found out of bunches of pricey hostel in Glasgow! The location was not convenient to travel, which was quite far from city centre!

WE CLEAN EVERY MORNING. There are 18 people staying in the same room, this is why it costs only £10 and why it may not smell fresh all day. The heating works well but someone probably opened the window. If you were uncomfortable why didn't you mention it to a staff member? You could have been moved to another room, but if you don't say anything we cannot help. We are a 15 minute walk from city center, there are bus stops within a block and a subway station 2 blocks away.

I'm not happy with the room and the bathroom. It looks a little dirty and makes me uncomfortable.

Arrived late at night and left early the next day, was only needing a bed for the night Pros: Cheap Great Location Staff seemed friendly Cons: Arrived to find sheets stacked on my bed and had to make it myself (after I had booked 1 week in advance) Top of the toilet was broken/missing, had to pull on every part inside to find out how to flush it Similarly the shower head wall mount was broken so had to hold it up myself Just small things, but could've been prevented

I'm not a person with very high standards, but I've never seen a worse hostel like this one. The person who worked at the reception was not only shady, but also a bit creepy, called my girlfriend "princess" and so on. Most of the other person in the hostel seemed to be on drugs. In the bathroom I found a syringe. It was awful. You had to be afraid, that your stuff don't get stolen at night. We booked three nights, but left after the very first. Money was kept. Never again. Highly disadice

• 4th Dec 2014

Was good for value, but the cleanliness was poor. Besides, the wifi was not so good.

Really cheap. Not the nicest place to stay, but for 1 night it was fine.

You get what you pay for. They have crystal chandeliers at the SYHA if asthetics are what you want but you pay more than twice what you pay here. We provide more services for free here than most hostels period and we are the cheapest place around. This is a backpacker hostel not hotel.

There's a problem with the management of these rooms. When I arrived I went to my supposed room with one of the staff but there were no more beds available! All the rooms in the building were full so the guy had to send me across the street in another building to find a bed. However, I have to say that they were quite nice and they apologised for their mistake. The pillow on my bed had blood stains on it, gross!! And the toilet was very dirty. Suggestion: Put a clothes' support in the showers.

You were put in a smaller dorm than you booked . what else can we do?

Very dirty: duvets pillows, showers, rooms. Dirty clothes and towels in the way, under construction, tools. The room was very cold as the heater was broken and could not be fixed during my 3 days stay, so very unpleasant. There was only a very small common area, on the other building, so no internet in my building. Very messy, dirty, cold, uncomfortable.

• 27th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Unfortunately a 'deluxe room with 3 beds' is only a room with two beds, one of which is in between a two and one persons bed.

• 21st Nov 2014

The Deluxe room YOU booked is a double +1. If you would have read the description and looked at the picture right beside it, you would have seen it is a double bed with a single bunk on top. You should have booked into a triple. Please read the description before you complain, it was your mistake. Cheers

Not very we'll facilitated

• 20th Nov 2014
  • China

Arrived early and was told to come back as my room wont be ready till 12.30pm. That was fine so i went off and came back at 12.30 as instructed. When i arrived back was then told my room was still not ready but i could still check in and go to the room and it will be cleaned and new bed linen will be sorted. over 1 hour had passed and nobody had come near the room. The room was in bad condition, walls destroyed,roof had work done to it but still bits of plaster was falling off.

By far the worst hostel ever. Did not know about my booking when I checked in. Checked me out a day early. No hot water. No lock on the bathroom. No door handle on the room door. Bed sheets falling apart. No wife in the second building.

« first « Prev 1 2 3