Blue Sky Hostel Reviews

65 Berkeley street, Glasgow, Scotland

Best hostel I have ever stayed at. This hostel brings such great people together under one roof with the best of hosts.

• 11th Apr 2014

So I can see why this place doesn't have amazing reviews its old and in need of some love but it was clean the staff where friendly and the location is good. Charging 5 pounds to make a change on a booking is a rip off never in all my travels have I been told there is a fee to change the booking not cancel just change the day and then when I asked a question I didn't receive and answer.I would stay here again but given the choice I would try somewhere else before I came back.

The worst hostel ever

All in all a nice budget hostel but a bit chaotic and scruffy. Nice ambiance for party and drinking and good location for a city trip.

Great night spend in this hostel ! We were welcomed in a very nice way , and invited right away to have some drinks with members of the hostels , i recommend it if you're looking for a cheap place to stay and want to meet new faces ! I would come back if i had the opportunity!

• 8th Mar 2014

Overall a pleasant stay at this hostel. Some criticism are that toilets were not located on every floor, heating in our room wasn't working when we arrived and we could not leave our bags in a secure room when we checked out of the hostel the next day while we traveled more of Glasgow. However the staff were helpful and it was about a 15-20 minute walk into the main city centre, which (weather permitting) is reasonable.

Don't listen to the reviews on Tripadvisor, I read them and was prepared for a kip before I went but was pleasantly surprised! Blue Sky is basic but clean, great value. A group of 10 of us booked one of the dorm rooms out and had the best weekend! Atmosphere is very friendly - people sit around downstairs and have a few beers in the evening! I would definitely recommend Blue Sky!

• 28th Feb 2014

Quite a long walk from the train station and the dorm we stayed in was cramped, overcrowded and had squeeky bunk beds. Staff were helpful. Not the best hostel but sufficed for one night

Although it is without a doubt a cheap and well located option for a very short stay, this hostel is not suited for longer ones. Nothing scandalous but a lot of little flaws that, added to each other, can create quite unpleasant conditions: very loud and aggressive music in the hall, walls so thin you can hear in detail every conversation taking place in the staircase, corridor or toilet, no free lockers, some shower issues...

We are not equipped for long stays if you are working or studying. It says party hostel in the description.

Handy location for Sauchiehall street and easy walking distance to the city centre. It's nothing fancy but good value for money.

-They gave me a key that did not open the front door, which I was told was to stay open all night. I was therefore locked out and had to spend the night outside in the freezing cold (there are no other hostels nearby). I asked for a refund and the person behind the desk insulted me -The owner said only racist, sexist, and hateful remarks -Covered in dog poop and the dog bit me -They steal the £5 "deposit" because nobody will check you out -No proper toilets/showers -Unsafe beds

I'm sorry that you could not insert the key and turn the door knob to gain entry. We can't give refunds for guest incompetence. The dog did not bite you or your arm would be missing. you were told not to approach the dog when you are drunk he hates drunk people. When a dog growls at you it means go away, Not make a drunken grab for him. He did snap at you, but he did not bite you. 8 am till 12 pm check out. Late checkout are not accepted.

I had a great time at the hostel, BUT the owner's dog bit me (unprovoked), and he didn't ask if I was alright, or apologise. The owner also treated his staff very poorly, and yelled at them in front of us. It was not pleasant. That being said, the staff were great, facilitating drinking games and taking us out on the weekend.

He did not bite you. He snapped at you. I was yelling at the staff because I was angry that the music was loud when the dog was there. I was very angry that the incident happened with you because they were not doing their jobs. It was unprofessional but it needed to be done. The staff in question has been working there for almost a year and really let me down. They know drunken people and loud music make the do nervous.

There was just 2 showers in one of the buildings (they have 2) without hot water on the evening - so if you want a hot shower in this cold weather, you have to take in the morning :( Also, we tried to check out at 7.30 AM and there was nobody to do that (and it was not much, we just need to receive back the deposit for the keys). Very disappointing Hostel

The reception hours were explained to you when you checked in. (closed between 00:00 and 08:00 am). You were also told that if you wanted to check out early to make arrangements with reception before midnight. That being said, why would you expect someone to be at reception at 07:30 am?

Shannon & Strunt ;D

This is one of my favorite hostels ever! The staff was very helpful and fun to meet. Loved the town and great sights to see! Would for sure stay here again. This place rages. -California kid

Our group of 5 stayed in a 10-bed dorm, consisting of 5 bunk beds which all seemed close to the point of collapse. Despite the winter weather our room had a tropical climate and smelt slightly like something had died in there. Appearances suggest the receptionist spent the majority of time out back on Skype. We took turns charging our phones using the 2 plug sockets in the entire dorm. One unknown cohabiter thought it appropriate to bring a lady friend back to our dorm and give us all a show.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • maycrater

We do not provide this kind of entertainment, but this is part of Hosteling I'm afraid we can do nothing to stop this. This staff member is becoming a problem with not paying attention to guests as facebook . I think its about time for her to find a new job.

Cool hostel ! good location near the city center and all the night life.

Brilliant staff! We were staying over Christmas and worried we'd be lonely, but the staff welcomed us into their little group straight away. They're all super lovely. Great place to party. You'll find someone in the common area to have a drink and a chat with. Super close to Sauchiehall & Bath St where you'll find heaps of clubs, bars and places to eat. There aren't a lot of power points in the room, but you can charge in the kitchen. If you don't like to party then maybe stay elsewhere!

Very near of the town centre 10min walk, clean and very friendly I loved my stayed there!! I recommend

Great hostel with awesome staff. The location for me was perfect; West-end not too far from the park and Art Gallery, and far enough walk from all the commotion on Sauchiehall Street, but within a 5 minute walk. The facilities were decent and the showers are private, which is nice considering some of the hostels out there. The staff connected well with the visitors which was great. Free Wifi & available computers which can be used for free is an added bonus. Small chilling area but comfortable.