Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp Reviews

Calle Principal contiguo Alamo Rent a Car, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

The lady who works in the front gave my friends and I atittudes. We didn't like her vibe and energy that she was giving us. She was very unfriendly and not helpful. Plus the bathrooms was very dirty and disgusting

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel itself was great. Great facilities and great location. However, the staff was not very helpful.

Staff only wanted to sell the schuttle...weren'thelpfull when we wanted to take a public bus to go to santa Teresa.

We appreciate any comments you have, however, there is little we can help you with when you want to go to Santa Teresa by public bus. As the staff explained, you first need to take a bus direction San Jose, then a local bus to Puntarenas, then the ferry, then a bus to Montezume and from there a taxi or bus to Santa Teresa. We cannot book any tickets for you, nor can you book them online. I hope you made it safely to Santa Teresa.

Best place I stayed while in CR. 200% would stay here again. Nice social hangout area. I think one night almost every person from the entire hostel was sitting at a group of tables together. Good security at gate @night. The door/lock on the door to our dorm (lower floor/left room) room wasn't functional so it would be nice if they fixed that but honestly, just lock up your stuff in the lockers if you have stuff you are worried about. The AC in the room was key for a great night's sleep.

Thank you for your review and great to hear you had a great time. We are happy to tell you that we will be installing brand new doors and locks to all the rooms in the next week. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Location is prime for a hostel, especially considering the price. The quality of the actual dorm we stayed in was below average, mostly due to the lack of cleanliness in the bathroom. Kind of a weird vibe in general. We made friends with everyone there because it was so small, but this also meant it was hard to get away from the group to read or chill out - the dorm room is depressing so we definitely weren't going to hang out there.

All the rooms get cleaned on a daily basis, but as you understand the cleanliness of your (bath)room depends a lot on your fellow guests. If you would have told us that there was an issue with the cleanliness, we could have done an extra cleaning, but we didn't hear from you. Most guests appreciate making friends and spending time with the group and still find space and time to get away from the group, relaxing in the dorm, the hammocks common area or the reading corner with rocking chairs.

Great place in a great location. Had a real family feel w all the guests. Security is serious. No outside visitors and no outside noise after 11pm. Your call on whether that's good or bad. Had an amazing stay at blue trailz.

The AC in the 4 person dorms is a must-have. So nice with the heat of Tamarindo. Bathrooms are clean and have hot water. People staying here are big into surfing as just about any place in Tamarindo. Bring bug spray not just for the common outdoor area but Tamarindo in general. Front desk staff wasn't the nicest but they were helpful enough.

Dirty sheets, dirty floor and funny smell in the room.

Thank you for your review. Since you have chosen a dorm room, the cleanliness of the room depends partly on your fellow travelers. All rooms are cleaned daily, but since you arrived late at night, we cannot guarantee clean floors 24/7. If you had reported the dirty sheets, we could have changed them, but you didn't. None of your fellow travels and roommates have reported issues with the cleanliness or smell in the room.

If you're staying in Tamarindo for a few nights, this is the place to be! Right next to the beach, amazing vibe, Air con 24/7, good wifi, good people and wonderful owners. Highly recommend. Best hostel I stayed at in Costa Rica

awesome place. stay nowhere else

Amazing location, right by the beach, owners are very helpful, easy to rent surf essentials!

This is a great hostel. It's small and that made it easy to meet people. There was a fridge and kitchen! The daytime staff was great but the night guard was pretty rude. Also, you can't bring guests into the hostel area which was annoying when we wanted to play cards with friends stayijg somewhere else but good for security. Overall, I would highly recommend this hostel.

DA BEST!!! Whenever I come to Tamarindo Blue trailz is my first pick!!

• 7th Mar 2015

Great place with clean and comfy rooms, and so close to the beach. Loved the hot water shower and ac. Staff was super friendly. Great vibe, too bad I could only stay 1 night because they were fully booked.

• 7th Mar 2015

The hostel was super clean and there was plenty of air conditioning and hot showers. There are lockers but you need your own locks. There are fridges in each room which is fantastic. Also Marta the cleaning lady is wonderful!

• 22nd Feb 2015

Blue Trailz is right in the middle of Tamarindo just across the street from the beach. We arrived late and the gate was locked but Ramon let us in and showed us our room after showing him our reservation. Good Opsec! The outdoor common area has seats and a hammock and has a good social vibe. The market is right across the street to get provisions. We had a great surf lesson here too and lessons/rentals are 10% off if you stay there. Room had AC on a remote and a balcony, would def stay again!

Had a great stay here. Very clean and secure, always security after 7. All the rooms had fridges with a kitchen to share. The staff the first day was helpful, but the lady after that was rude and made it seem like a huge chore to book our surf lessons. It's suppose to be a surf school so that was annoying. She said she was to busy with paper work to come back the next day. Would stay again.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our time here. We stayed in the 6 bed dorm, which was hard to keep clean from sand, but did get a thorough cleaning every day. The shared kitchen was a bare minimum affair, but had everything we absolutely needed. One day the water pressure was nonexistent. Very social spot, small enough to know everybody pretty well. Surfing was easy to set up through the hostel, although a bit more expensive. Overall a great spot, I would recommend it to anybody!

My only dislike was how sandy the bathroom was, and without windows it became very muggy. That's my only complaint! It's in walking distance of everything, right in town and close to the beach, shops, and restaurants. Besides the bathroom I enjoyed my one night and will be back if I go back to Tamarindo!

• 7th Feb 2015

Rooms were nice and clean and the outdoor kitchen is a nice touch. It's not on the beach, but it's close to the edge of town where the hotels end so it's close and easy to get onto the beach.