Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp Reviews

Calle Principal contiguo Alamo Rent a Car, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Staff was great both at check in and check out, and even when renting surf boards! My one issue would be to have more than a little towel on the floor in the bathroom. In the dorms, the bathrooms got wet often and fast, and we were left to having to try to wipe everything up with only a little towel. But otherwise, it was great!

I loved how close it was to everything. I also liked that there was a fridge in each room and community kitchen right outside the room. Good vibes all around. Instructors are great - we had Grettel and she was awesome. I'd definitely recommend this place.

I love Blue Trailz! One of the best Hostels I've stayed at, and I've been around. I've been back 3 times and fully intend to continue coming back more! BT has the best location, right across from the beach! Great staff, AC in the rooms, great instructor for surf lessons, good wifi, smoothie place right next door, lockers in the dorms, what more do you want???

Very nice, small hostel

The owner and staff are super fun and I loved every minute staying here. The kicker was Koen took a big group of us to the rodeo, badass. Good times nice board rentals too. Loved it, I will be back soon.

• 12th Dec 2015

I love this place! I have been back 4 times to stay total. The only reason I had to leave this time was a lack of reservations during the holiday season. This place never fails to beat my expectations. ¡Gracias por todo!

Great hostel with an amazing location, right in the center of town. Loved the common area and the staff was super friendly and helpful. Really loved my stay here!

• 19th Nov 2015

Loved it!. great place, with helpful and friendly staff. the dorm room has ac and warm shower. It's soo close to the beach and the rental boards where cheap and great. I am coming back.

• 3rd Oct 2015

Had a blast! Great rooms with ac, cool staff especially the cleaning lady she was a star. Had some memorable nights and made tons of new friends. Will be back next year Blue Trailz!

• 21st Sep 2015

Cool little place with clean rooms with a/c which is great. Staff was great helping out with surfing and stuff. Made some great friends and am already planning my next trip to Tamarindo!

• 19th Sep 2015

I loved that hostel! I even stayed more than i have planned! I had a lot of fun! Renting the boards was very cheap! Great staff! I highly recommend it

cheap, central location, coed dorm style room with shared bathroom. Be prepared for Party central. Marta is awesome, she'll do your laundry for $5 a kilo and leave your clothes on your bed. Surf instructor Kurt Szuba, is a great Teacher book with him. If you're a single traveler you will have a hard time jumping on to tours, everything is based on Double occupancy front desk staff is friendly up to a point and for some reason or another they give Tica attitude of gringo go home.

Had an awesome stay there! Rooms have A/C and the surf shop is very useful for renting boards for a pretty good price! It's location is very near a good beach access point for a very low price! The only thing is that there is no one at the front desk after 7pm except a security guard which postpones the problem solving to the next morning! The guard makes it safe but don't expect to do any kind of hanging out after 11pm! ;) They have a wall with all the major events in the bars in Tamarindo!