Blue Trailz Reviews

Calle Principal contiguo Alamo Rent a Car, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Great hostel. The cleaning lady is a star. Does a great job cleaning up leaving the hostel immaculate every day with a smile and no fuss.

Great location and very clean. Just had a little problem with the security allowing my friend to come in after dark

Nice small scale hostel, really all you need when you are in Tamarindo. stayed in the dorm and came with ac, warm shower, lockers. the staff was super friendly. Had a lot of fun in the social area with the other travelers. Across from the beach and very central location.

• 30th Jun 2014

Amazing place! well equiped, with ac and hot shower. friendly staff, secure, beach is on the other side of the street, and all the bars and restaurants are close. Defintely the best place to stay and a hightlight of my travels.

• 30th Jun 2014

I thought this place was amazingly clean and attracted a great crowd. The common area is a nice gathering place.

Great location good facilities

I really enjoyed my stay here! Has a very social environment, steps from the beach and great surf instructors and board rentals! There is a kitchen area and a fridge/ microwave in each room the AC is a plus also. If your coming to surf and have a good time this is the place to be!

Great place. great rooms with ac and hot shower.Clean, safe, close to the beach, friendly staff, all you need and more than you expect from a hostel. Only stayed one day, because it was my last night in Costa Rica. But am coming back after my travels in Nicaragua

• 1st Jun 2014

Decent hostel to stay at. Very close to the beach. Rooms have A/C which is a must in the heat of Tamarindo. Rooms were generally clean, though I was not impressed at all with the housekeeper - a warning to fellow backpackers - USE THE SAFE. I had $20 stolen, and others who had stayed at the hostel that I met reported a few small items stolen. If you're looking to surf, this is the place from which you should rent your board and get lessons.

Perfect location! Very clean, and the staff were great.

• 23rd May 2014

Amazing hostel! The other people in the hostel were amazing. The nighttime security was a little intense, but I understand that because the hostel is so small, noise travels. Overall great experience.

• 1st May 2014

Blue Trailz was great place to end to my Costa Rica trip. The staff, location, and fellow travelers made me feel welcomed from day one. Plenty of board rentals ranging from short boards to long boards. The rooms were awesome with a small kitchen. Location was perfect on the main st. right across from the beach. If you are in Tamarindo and want a relaxing, central location, with great staff and fellow travelers to share experiences with, I definitely recommend staying at Blue Trailz. ~Pura Vida

• 1st May 2014

Amazing friendly atmosphere, staff were s helpful. Air con was a god send!

No activities to meet other people. Prices are too expensive for private surf lessons. Staff seemed like they didn't want to be bothered with questioned. No common computer. Location is great and dorms were clean.

its at a great location, everything that you need is walking distance, and the beach is literally across the street from hostel! I would def come back!

Location was perfect--on the main street near every shop/restaurant with a very short walk to beach. My group had 2 rooms and facilities in each room varied quite a bit. One was definitely more of an apartment w/ a full kitchen and everything. The other had access to a stove (outside on the front patio) but it was really more of a dorm. On our last day, the A/C stopped working. The fan was working, but we had no hot air which made sleeping impossible. We didn't report it, though so our fault.

Just wanted to clarify that you indeed booked two different type of rooms, you booked 1 dorm room and 1 private room, which are indeed different in set-up as clearly explained on this site. Sorry to hear you had problems with the ac. Given that we have staff on location around the clock, if you had reported it we could have checked and solved the issue so you could have had a good night sleep.

Staff really friendly and helpful, excellent location. AC is a plus !

Had a fun time here. Great people I met. Air conditioned rooms, very clean and safe. Very good common area. Had a blast

If your traveling by yourself and can choose any where to stay in tamarindo, stay here. There's ac/hot water/and its the closest hostel to the beach and main areas. Most people who stayed here were on their own and super friendly, which was great as it was my first time traveling solo. The staff are also great at helping arrange transport and excursions if you need help.

Awesome place and awesome staff! Would recomend it for everyone and I definetaly would stay at Blue Trailz again!

• 10th Feb 2014