Blue Trailz Reviews

Calle Principal contiguo Alamo Rent a Car, Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Great location and facilities. the dorm came with ac and hot water and the hostel was close to nightlife and the beach. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They had a lovely crowd to hang out with in the common area. If they weren't fully booked I would have stayed here the rest of my time in Tamarindo. Best place during my travels in Costa Rica.

• 20th Nov 2014

Great location near Tamarindo beach and surf shops. Staff was helpful and the room was fantastic. I have stayed in many hostels but never had one with a personal kitchen, and daily housekeeping.

• 15th Aug 2014

Fun, small hostel. Blue Trailz is right across the street from the beach, and it was awesome being able to walk two minutes and jump straight in the ocean. We rented surf boards straight from them ($10 for 24 hours) which was convenient. Most everyone was young travelers, and we all spent a great night hanging out and getting to know each other.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here at Blue Trailz and appreciate all reviews from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to do this. We are pleased to know that you thought it was a fun hostel in close proximity to the beach (we love it too!) and that you had a great night hanging out with the other guests. We look forward to seeing you at Blue Trailz in the near future.....Pura Vida!

Good Hostel, security 24h, great location right at the beach, clean, hot water, lockers. Staff at the reception = NOT GOOD. Very arrogant and disrespectfull women. I had a misunderstanding with the princing at the end of my stay (i was pissed), and the woman at the reception told me ''you should be scared, no one speaks to me this way...'' lol. Staff should be reviewed. But the owners are cool. Overall its fine, and surf MALE coach is trully amazing.

Thank you very much for your review. I am very sorry that you felt our staff was rude to you and we will be talking to the parties involved regarding this matter. The fact that you had an enjoyable experience even with this unfortunate encounter, and that you thought our surf instructor was amazing, means a lot to us! We love to read that you enjoyed all our facilities and location, as this is what as this is what we want all our guests to experience.

The rooms were cleaned everyday which was nice. Loved having hot water and the use of a kitchen! The staff was very helpful if you had any questions regarding transportation or questions about what activities were available in the area. They booked any tours you wanted and just added it to your bill which was great so that you only had to worry about paying at one time!

Thanks so much for your review, it has been a pleasure having you stay with us at Blue Trailz and we are happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities and our staff was helpful, as we try to give all our guests the best experience possible whilst staying here. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

LOVE IT at Blue Trailz! The facility is super clean, they rent boards at the shop, the owners are super nice! And Emily the volunter is AWSOME she would organize big suppers and evenings out. I was travelling wiht a girlfriend and we had a blast in this location.

We are so delighted you found our hostel to be clean and had a blast during your stay. We try very hard here at Blue Trailz to provide the best experience possible for our guests, and rely on word of mouth and reviews to find other travellers that would enjoy the Blue Trailz experience. Therefore, we really do appreciate you taking the time to review us and hope to see you again in the future..

Great hostel. The cleaning lady is a star. Does a great job cleaning up leaving the hostel immaculate every day with a smile and no fuss.

We are so delighted you found our hostel to be clean and really enjoyed your stay. We try very hard here at Blue Trailz to provide the best experience possible for our guests, and rely on word of mouth and reviews to find other travellers that would enjoy the Blue Trailz experience. Therefore, we really do appreciate you taking the time to review us and hope to see you again in the future.

Great location and very clean. Just had a little problem with the security allowing my friend to come in after dark

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate all feedback from our guests. I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem with the security guard allowing your friend in the hostel after dark. As I am sure you can appreciate, we have to consider the safety of fellow travelers and belongings, and therefore we have a strict ‘no guests’ policy after 7pm, which our night guard has to adhere to. Great to hear that you were satisfied with the location and cleanliness and look forward to see you back.

Nice small scale hostel, really all you need when you are in Tamarindo. stayed in the dorm and came with ac, warm shower, lockers. the staff was super friendly. Had a lot of fun in the social area with the other travelers. Across from the beach and very central location.

• 30th Jun 2014

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here at Blue Trailz. We love receiving feedback from our guests so thank you for taking the time to do this. We are pleased to hear that you liked the hostel and had a lot of fun in the social area. We are a small scale hostel but a very sociable one, almost everyone here makes good friends by the time they leave which is great! We will also pass on your comments regarding the staff, we are so pleased you found them super friendly.

Amazing place! well equiped, with ac and hot shower. friendly staff, secure, beach is on the other side of the street, and all the bars and restaurants are close. Defintely the best place to stay and a hightlight of my travels.

• 30th Jun 2014

Wow, what fantastic feedback to hear! Thank you so much for letting us know it was the highlight of your travels. We really do value all feedback from our guests and are delighted to hear Blue Trailz was an amazing experience for you. We will let the staff know your lovely comments about them and we would love to see you again at Blue Trailz soon!

I thought this place was amazingly clean and attracted a great crowd. The common area is a nice gathering place.

We are so happy you found our hostel to be so clean and that it attracted a great crowd, meeting great people during your travels can really be the highlight of a trip and most of the time, you make friends for life! We try very hard at Blue Trailz to provide the best experience possible for our guests, so we really do appreciate you taking the time to review us and hope to see you again in the future.

Great location good facilities

Thanks so much for your review, it has been a pleasure having you stay with us at Blue Trailz and hope to see you again in the near future. Pura Vida!

I really enjoyed my stay here! Has a very social environment, steps from the beach and great surf instructors and board rentals! There is a kitchen area and a fridge/ microwave in each room the AC is a plus also. If your coming to surf and have a good time this is the place to be!

Thank you very much for sharing your travel experience you had in Tamarindo with others. The fact that you really enjoyed your stay and you felt Blue Trailz had a good social environment, great surf instructors and board rentals, means a lot to us! We love to read that you enjoyed all our facilities and location, as this is what we want all our guests to experience. We very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Great place. great rooms with ac and hot shower.Clean, safe, close to the beach, friendly staff, all you need and more than you expect from a hostel. Only stayed one day, because it was my last night in Costa Rica. But am coming back after my travels in Nicaragua

• 1st Jun 2014

Thanks so much for your review, it has been a pleasure having you stay with us at Blue Trailz and we are happy to hear you enjoyed our facilities and location, it really is a little bit of paradise! We very much look forward to seeing you again after your time in Nicaragua. Enjoy the rest of your travels………

Decent hostel to stay at. Very close to the beach. Rooms have A/C which is a must in the heat of Tamarindo. Rooms were generally clean, though I was not impressed at all with the housekeeper - a warning to fellow backpackers - USE THE SAFE. I had $20 stolen, and others who had stayed at the hostel that I met reported a few small items stolen. If you're looking to surf, this is the place from which you should rent your board and get lessons.

I am incredibly sorry to hear that money went missing during your stay, as we take the safety and security of our guests belongings very seriously. We do provide lockers in the dorm rooms which we advise our guests to use to secure their valuables. Whilst we are not disputing your complaint, it does make it very difficult to get to the bottom of the complaint as it was not reported during your stay, otherwise we would have taken steps to investigate this immediately.

Perfect location! Very clean, and the staff were great.

• 23rd May 2014