Blue Reviews

Ample 24, Barcelona, Spain

There was a lot of stairs climbing & after 2 days I asked for a room lower down which was still 53 steps up! When I booked I thought I was getting B & B but was misled about this so was quite disappointed. The rooms need painting. There was no air conditioning & at night it was hot & sticky. It was good to have a big window but this meant free reign for the mosquitos. It was great to have cooking facilities & luckily the noise level wasn't too bad except for 1 night .

• 18th Aug 2015

I had stayed in this hostel three years ago, and it was ok so i thought i would book again there. Unfortunately we were put this time in a small closet with a bunk bed whereas I asked for a twin room, with two single beds, like the ones I got the last time. This room had no windows and we suffered from claustrophobia, and the intense heat Barcelona went through during these days did not improve our situation. The staff was understanding and tried to find us another room but everything was booked

The hostel was in a great location but if you're coming to Barcelona in the summer stay somewhere else where there is ac, this hostel only has fans and the rooms get hot.

The hostel is very well located in a beautiful old building. There is no sign out front advertising blue hostel and I wasn't sure which buzzer to push as it wasn't marked either. My friend and I were given the smallest internal room with a single bunk bed. The sheets looked filthy and the room was so crammed, hot and smelly. There was one small window opening onto the hallway but not enough air coming through. Not at all a sociable hostel. You have to pay to store luggage after check out

Very good location close to Los Ramblas and Port Vell but was also only 10 minutes from the beach. A little bit dirty but you get for you pay for - I couldn't find another private room in the same location for such a good price. Didn't have any problems finding the hostel, the directions provided were fine. Wifi was also excellent.

• 25th May 2015

This hostel is actually called "Barcelona 4 Fun." It's pretty well located to a few big things on foot: Casa Barllo, Passeig de Gracia, Catedral de Barcelona, Las Ramblas and Santa Maria del Mar (all within 20 mins). There's a few other things that are up to 50 minute walks though. Linens are clean and wifi is solid...that's about it. Dirty floor (isn't mopped regularly), communal kitchen with one of those electrical water pots where the inside is peeling off (I never made coffee).

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts