BlueHi Hostel Reviews

No.32, Ln. 125, Hengnan Rd., Hengchun Township, Kenting, Taiwan

Bluehi is in Hengchun town, quite far away from Kenting street and other scenery spots, but the bus stop is only 5 mins walk . I stayed there for 2 nights, the first night, other guests had a party at the lobby until midnight, which is noisy, and you can hear people in other rooms talking very clearly. The second night, mosquitoes singing around my head all night that i had to put my jumper on my head, the next morning ,i got up with thousands of mosquites bites. Breakfast is good though.

I did not love the blue hi hostel. The front desk guy, Joey, is great. His English is excellent and he is very nice. The hostel shares the building with other random businesses and my room smelled like cigarette smoke beginning around 8am and lasting all day. There was also an absurd amount of mosquitoes and walls are very thin so it was quite loud when I was trying to sleep early. Breakfast was great. Bathroom smelled like mildew. Tucked off the main street and was a little hard to find.

Good hostel. Very comfortable. Staff is very polite and friendly. For this amount of money i think it is the best option because you get full room with a big comfortable bed, fridge, tv and bathroom. So everything you need to take a rest properly.

Breakfast is well.

The rooms have lockers which is nice, however the beds are super loud; they creak annoyingly whenever you so much as shift your hip a tiny bit. The beds are loud enough that everyone in the room can hear them. Everyone in my room admitted in the morning that they'd been trying not to move all night to avoid waking anyone else up with the sound of their bed creaking. Also the mattresses are very thin. The hostel did however have a nice breakfast with a variety of food to eat.

The staff were incredibly friendly and the breakfast was amazing - definitely the highlight of our stay! If you're looking for a good night sleep though, you mightn't like the beds as they were just a plank of wood with a thin foam/cloth on top. The room we had was really clean but most of the time the wifi didn't work in our room and when it did it was super slow. Within saying this however, I would still stay here but only for a couple of nights.

• 9th Mar 2015

Dear Erika Christensen Thank you for your review~~The wifi in dorm has been improved and the bed already changed to new one with high quality, hope you came again and see our change^^ Joey

The owner of this hostel was extremely helpful and polite. He was able to provide us with lots of information and advice. The room we stayed in was fantastic and more like a hotel than a hostel. Breakfast was also tasty! Thank you for your hospitality!

Thank you for staying with BlueHi and gave us good common~Thank you again, BlueHi will keep in good way^^Joey

very good breakfast for a hostel

I totally recommend this hostel to any travelers. Good atmosphere, super kind staffs who cook amazing breakfast and the place is spotlessly clean. You will think it's worth the money.

Free breakfast is good. Joey the owner and his staff are amazing, really kind, really helpful. The only things are the facilities. The beds are really thin, it's not a matreese it's more like a futon on top of he bed.

Sorry, we will approve it soon.

The hostel location was excellent. Very close to the bus station so everything was easily accessible. The staff was very friendly and very helpful! As for the hostel it was basically an apartment building with certain rooms used for the hostel. The beds were not the best nor were the showers. The breakfast was excellent. I would definitely stay there again, but only in a group and not as a solo traveler.

I stayed at a 6 beds dorm room with bathroom inside, during the end of November and I was the only person in the room. The room is a little old but it is clean. The inside door was not lockable but there is a gate outside the door that you can lock. On windy night, the wind from the hallway will force the inside door to open, although you can chain lock it but it still makes noises. The location is in Hengchun Township and it is about 20 mins. bus ride to Kenting downtown.

The door problem has been approved~ thank you for staying with BlueHi.

We were happy with our room. The staff was great, very friendly. We only had 2 issues- 1) the chain smoker at the bike/scooter counter, he was stinking up the lobby and couch, TV area next to the breakfast room. 2) the shower curtain in our bathroom was covered in a film of slimy mold.

It is not a luxury hostel but for an affordable price it gives you all the basics needed. Possibility to rent a bike and breakfast buffet are a nice additions.

Friendly, helpful staff. Thank you!

Thank you too~~ hope see you next time^^

The Hostel is actually located in Hengchung which is about 8km from Kenting. But you can rent scooters which I highly recommend. The bathroom and showers are in the basement which is annoying, but they are relatively clean. The free breakfast and the staff are great. They provide maps and bus routes and will tell you what to see/do. Stay here if you don't mind a little scooter ride to Kenting.

• 14th Oct 2014