BlueHi Hostel Reviews

No.32, Ln. 125, Hengnan Rd., Hengchun Township, Kenting, Taiwan

My only complaint is the wifi. I don't mind if the internet is slow, that doesn't bother me, but the wifi had the tendency to cut in and out at random. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Beyond this, the building itself has definitely seen its better days, however the part of the building where BlueHi is looked well maintained. Their beds were especially comfortable, the staff were great, and it was a very good deal for the cost. Would consider staying here again if back in Hengchun.

Useless wifi, old and noisy beds.

great staff

Joey is very kind and accommodating , breakfast was awesomely cooked by him, friendly and fun, value for money

The Staff is sooo friendly and helpful! Thank you very much!

They got full breakfast and helpful staff. great place to stay

Thank you so much~~BlueHi would like to see you again^^ Joey

Bluehi is in Hengchun town, quite far away from Kenting street and other scenery spots, but the bus stop is only 5 mins walk . I stayed there for 2 nights, the first night, other guests had a party at the lobby until midnight, which is noisy, and you can hear people in other rooms talking very clearly. The second night, mosquitoes singing around my head all night that i had to put my jumper on my head, the next morning ,i got up with thousands of mosquites bites. Breakfast is good though.

Sorry for the problems, I am trying to solve the problems you mentioned~and hope visit BlueHi next time for better stay~ Joey

I did not love the blue hi hostel. The front desk guy, Joey, is great. His English is excellent and he is very nice. The hostel shares the building with other random businesses and my room smelled like cigarette smoke beginning around 8am and lasting all day. There was also an absurd amount of mosquitoes and walls are very thin so it was quite loud when I was trying to sleep early. Breakfast was great. Bathroom smelled like mildew. Tucked off the main street and was a little hard to find.

Thank you for this comment, BlueHi is trying to solve the problem you've mention about~Joey

The staff is really helpfull, and the included breakfast is simply fantastic! However the bathroom is not so clean and in the basement, so it is not very convenient. The rooms don't have windows that you can open so the smell is disturbing if the dorm is full, as the air cannot circulate properly and you have air co all nightt, you can't adjust it. But the common room is nice to make friends, coz it is far from the rooms so you can talk freely and the rooms are very clean. Lockers and computer

^^ I am trying to make the dorm area smell better^^ Thank you for the common~ Joey

Good hostel. Very comfortable. Staff is very polite and friendly. For this amount of money i think it is the best option because you get full room with a big comfortable bed, fridge, tv and bathroom. So everything you need to take a rest properly.

^^ Thank you so much and hope visit us again^^ Joey

Breakfast is well.

The rooms have lockers which is nice, however the beds are super loud; they creak annoyingly whenever you so much as shift your hip a tiny bit. The beds are loud enough that everyone in the room can hear them. Everyone in my room admitted in the morning that they'd been trying not to move all night to avoid waking anyone else up with the sound of their bed creaking. Also the mattresses are very thin. The hostel did however have a nice breakfast with a variety of food to eat.

Thank you for staying with BlueHi, BlueHi already fix the problem you mention and hope you visit BlueHi again~Joey

The staff were incredibly friendly and the breakfast was amazing - definitely the highlight of our stay! If you're looking for a good night sleep though, you mightn't like the beds as they were just a plank of wood with a thin foam/cloth on top. The room we had was really clean but most of the time the wifi didn't work in our room and when it did it was super slow. Within saying this however, I would still stay here but only for a couple of nights.

• 9th Mar 2015

Dear Erika Christensen Thank you for your review~~The wifi in dorm has been improved and the bed already changed to new one with high quality, hope you came again and see our change^^ Joey

We had a nice stay in this hostel. The staff is very helpful and cooked us a really amazing breakfast in the morning. The dorm room is pretty dark and small but the common bathroom was clean and well equipped, although it is in the basement. You have to take a bus to go from the hostel to the beaches but it is still a quite convenient location.

The owner of this hostel was extremely helpful and polite. He was able to provide us with lots of information and advice. The room we stayed in was fantastic and more like a hotel than a hostel. Breakfast was also tasty! Thank you for your hospitality!

Thank you for staying with BlueHi and gave us good common~Thank you again, BlueHi will keep in good way^^Joey

very good breakfast for a hostel

In TW it are always small rooms but this room was the smallest. The one thing that bothered me was that the airco was constantly blowing cold air and you couldn't turn it off.