Boarding Hostel Madrid Reviews

Calle Barbieri 15, Madrid, Spain

Shower facilities below average, wifi was excellent, overall pretty rundown but still a nice place to stay.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand

Staff was very kind, helpful, he told me all sightseeing point, shopping area and super market with Map we didn't ask though. It helped a lot! The room was clean, air conditioned. In outside was noisy till 2 or 3 o'clock.. There is a bar the downstairs, but I stayed Saturday night that's why(!?) A bit difficult to find this hostel, you can rely on google map, and just look carefully at the nameplate one by one! It was average hostel, but staff was excellent!

AC only allowed from 11pm til 6am... not ideal when it's 37C outside. Other than that rooms were fine, staff were super friendly and helpful with any questions. Great laundry service totally worth the money.

Thank you so much for helping me with my foot problem!!! Besos , Anna (The nicest staff ever!)

• 2nd Jul 2015

The people working at the hostel were lovely: very friendly and helpful. The location was great, the hostel small, clean, and inside a nice old building. Breakfast was good as well, and our private room was cheap, so we'd definitely recommend the hostel.

• 1st Jul 2015

My room had no air conditioning and not even a fan. It was too hot. It was impossible to sleep and I had a horrible night. Also, the power was down for most of the night and I couldn't even take a shower properly. For a hostel to be renting rooms in the summer in Madrid without even a fan in the room, it's unacceptable for me. I'm giving it a very low grade because I think the 80% rating it has currently is ridiculous in the least.

• 27th Jun 2015

Staff was really nice. Everything was clean. I read quiet a few critical reviews before I went. But really... you pay a hostel and no hotel. You get a hostel and no hotel. So I was absolutly happy with the rooms, the athmophere etc. I recommend.

• 18th Jun 2015

Very nice staff. Great buffet breakfast with muffins and croissants and the kitchen is in excellent condition. Beds are comfy and the dorms very spacious. My only criticism would be that there is no way to properly close thee toilet cubicle doors and it needs better street signage. There is only a little sticker on the door buzzer to identify it, I walked past it three times and felt quite lost before finding it. You also have to pay to store your bags after checkout which is a rip off

Look at getting Air Conditioning in the rooms

After only 3 hours I check-in a personal matter occur and I needed to leave the hostel. I already pay and they told me it was impossible to cancel even though I just arrived, pay in cash and didn't stay a single night... I wouldn't have my money back, not even a part of it. I guess it wasn't fault of the guy in reception, but the hostel politics. You need to think more on your clients, I couldn't leave because I need my money. The staff is very good and kind but your politics sucks.

I didnt like it.. the staff and location are the only good things about it.. the common room was kind of dirty with very old cushions, the rooms gave a dirty look... there was no computers.. im not staying there again

I stayed one night here cause it was close to the airport bus. I wouldn't recommend staying more than one night. The beds were uncomfortable, building was pretty run down and even though they advertise AC they wouldn't let me use it. It was unbearably hot in the room.

nice place to meet nice people :) and best recommendation of the restaurant! but maybe can add something in the shower room for the convenience

I have stayed in other youth hostels around the same area and this one is not good in my opinion. Room had no lockers, broken floor tiles and toilet doors that barely close. Bed sheets seemed clean but had hair on them. Not mine! Location is ok as there are others in the area much better location and facilities.

• 31st May 2015

no a/c in the beginning of June? god. if it wasn't for that, this place would have been fine. but no. no a/c is just a super cheap practice, pinching pennies and making everyone suffer on 90 degree days. it advertised air conditioning and lied. sweating myself to sleep and waking up with a dehydration headache for 4 days was SOOOOOOO fun.

Nice place to stay but the building is very old. As the hostel is located near to restaurants and pubs it is super noisy and it is difficult to sleep

Had an unforgetable time in the hostel. The frame was perfect, perfect security (24/h reception), location (you can easily walk everywhere and the turista ticket isn't needed), stuff (all the people were really helpful, friendly, cosmopolitan just perfect), atmosphere (the saloon was great for evening hang outs pura vida), every time the beds were made and the rooms haven been cleaned and whiped out, the price compared to the output was perfect. Continue to do so!! 8-)

• 27th May 2015

Very good location(no need for means of transportation). It was clean enough and fully equipped.The staff was very helpful. Also there was breakfast for free!

• 22nd May 2015
  • Greece

The lockers at this hostel were very small so you couldn't fit your pack into them. It wasn't very social, and no one really talked to each other which was disappointing. The free breakfast was just bread. The bathroom was all the way down the hall and past the common room, which wasn't great but it was manageable. the common area is pretty nice even though it was empty most of the time and it was located really close to a supermarket and was a walkable distance from interesting things to see.

Overall, it's a good value for money. The only thing is annoying, after check-out almost everything is charged which can be costly for hangovers!

« first « Prev 1 2 3