Bob Marley House Hostel Reviews

Bader Street, Luxor, Egypt

Excellent hostel. Very caring owners and staff - treated me like family. Great knowledge of the area and all that there is to do. Very good atmosphere to meet other travelers. Would recommend to everyone.

One of the most amazing place Ive been in the last 8 months of travelling around the world. The owners make it what it is! Greatly recommend it!

Bob Marley House staff are incredible! I had food poisoning while I was here (NOT because of the hostel's food, might I add) and they did everything they could to make me feel better. Unfortunately I lost a day of sight-seeing, but I still had a great time in Luxor.

Stay couldn't be faulted. Staff members went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and at home, including booking some extra curricular activities they don't normally offer. If I'm ever in Luxor again I won't hesitate to consider staying here again.

Bob Marley House Sherif Hotel had good rooms and bathrooms, was in a very convenient location for exploring Luxor, and had staff will to help us with very part of our trip, from figuring out tour options and to booking transport back to the airport. Our host Maria had entertaining stories and good advice on how to see often overlooked or closed parts of temples, and the other guests created a good community to come home to. An excellent and relaxing home base in a stressful town.

Probably my favourite accommodation experience in Egypt; it's centrally located, has a nice atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff, tours are available and reasonably priced, everything was clean and functional, the common areas were great for relaxing and socialising, internet access (both wifi and laptop) the included breakfast was good, and the rooms were very well priced.

My only regret was having so little time to spend at Bob Marley House. I would've liked to have spent more time there, but the clock ran out on me. It was a great place to just hang out and relax. The host, Sayed, was terrific and so was his staff. In fact, they went back and forth with me to the bus station three times in one day in order to sort out a ticket. I'm looking forward to getting back there!

From my experience I give them a perfect 10. Owner and staff will do everything to make your stay a pleasant one. If you go visit the valley of the kings and Abu temple you will do it with Alladin, an excellent and very friendly guide, I recommand it! A felouca ride on the Nile? they will arrange it with Hassein and Mahmout who will also do everything to make you happy and satisfied!. Go for it and beware of imitations as some have tried to steel their reputation by using the bob marley name to.

• 20th Jan 2014

This was one of the greatest hostels I have stayed in thus far. The staff was amazingly friendly and very helpful. The owner, Maria, was an absolute joy to talk with and had a lot of insight about Luxor. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was fantastic and the surrounding area accessible. A friend traveled with me and it was her first hostel experience (she's sometimes a little picky) and she also enjoyed her stay. It was very clean and the neighborhood was safe. I would love to return!

• 3rd Jan 2014

The most impressive thing was the staffs were very kind

• 5th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Wonderful stay in Bob Marley House Hostel. Tahnks to Maria and Sayed, I had a wonderful stay in Egypt. I felt safe and confortable. Tehy were really helpfull for everything, getting bus or trains tickets (by paying the right price), taking taxi, organising visits and treks. I don't know how I would have done without them. I decided to come back for my last days in Egypt as that was the place I was feeling the best in the country. Nice atmosphere also, I met friendly travellers there.

After a long hot bus ride, this hostel was a fantastic breath of fresh air after a hard day. Maria and Sayed were fantastic hosts and the information Maria provided was more than enough to help us independent travelers with difficult stay in Egypt. The tour that Maria suggests with her friend Aladin was a fantastic way to explore the main sights of the west bank, however if you want to do more Maria can help plan a customized trip at little cost. The best hostel I've stayed in ever. Will return!

Excellent staff!! extremely helpful in all the aspects you can need: useful pieces of advise about the city and the monuments, good restos recommendations, maps, Nice facilities and atmosphere in the hostel and increadible breakfast!!!

The staff here was more then helpful. I only had a short visit and they made sure i was able to do everything that I wanted at a decent price (since when i was in egypt there was no other tourists) so i had to pay everything myself. The hostel was clean and relaxing and had a nice room. The driver they use for their tours is great as well!

Home. That's what Maria and Sayed make it feel like. They were incredibly helpful. I was a solo traveler and actually extended my stay from 2 to 3 nights because I loved the hostel and people I met there so much. Even the staff was extremely hospitable. They set me up with an awesome tour of West Bank for 60 EGP (with an awesome tour guide), a Hot Air Balloon Ride for 300 EGP, and were just really professional. If you come to Luxor and planning to stay anywhere else...don't. I'll be back guys!

Thanks for an amazing stay, Maria!

Great staff and central location close to the rail station. The staff was very helpful in giving us advice and helping us save money.

The way how Said and Maria run the hostel is fantastic! I would recommend this hostel to everyone!

We enjoyed our stay at Bob Marley House Hostel. Make sure you check your junk mail for the e-mail directly from Maria to coordinate bus station pick-up. The owners of the hostel went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable stay and it was easy and reasonably priced to book a trip with them to valley of the kings etc. The breakfast was very nice and included jam/cheese and bread, yogurt, banana, eggs and coffee/juice. Great experience and affordable!

• 11th Mar 2013

This is the hostel to stay at in Luxor. Clean, quiet location, with excellent rooftop bar to meet other travellers. Staff go out of their way to help you. They do not push any tourist traps. Highly recommended. Compared notes with other travellers in the area and this was the cheapest and funnest.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7