Bob Marley House Hostel Reviews

Bader Street, Luxor, Egypt

The Bob Marley House Hostel was probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in, anywhere in the world. From Maria, the kindest host I've ever met, to Kartush, the adorable cat who refused to stop snuggling me, even when I was sleeping in the common area - it was the greatest experience. Within 5 minutes of walking in, Maria had given us tea, custom made maps of Luxor, a complete breakdown of all the scams we might run into and how to avoid them, and had sent someone out to get us lunch. must stay

• 23rd Nov 2014

Cozy, wonderfully friendly atmosphere- feels like home and btw great breakfast included! Highly recommended stay, convenient to Luxor Temple, Karnak and public ferry to the West Bank.

Great hostel! Staff are extremely helpful, helped me book a Nile cruise and a hot air balloon ride for really cheap!! Internet works good, very clean, good free breakfast, would def stay here again!

great hostel and very friendly, one of the best i had so far and the first time i put 100% on hostelworld for sure if you re planning to go to Luxor you will like more this city if you go to Bob Marley House Hostel great staffs, they will give you many good advices and cheap tours too, Tareck are amazing person always here to help you if you need, and they can pick you up from the train or bus station and be carreful there is 2 hostels call Bob Marley in Luxor.

Meet Maria and all the staff in Bob Marley was like an Oasis on the desert. They were all very nice and did everything they could to make our trip the best. It was wonderful to find people you can trust in a city like Luxor.

This was one of the loveliest hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff are lovely and the couple who run the place are absolutely wonderful! You can book tours through the hostel at good prices, and they'll go to extra lengths to make your stay better. Maria will even take you shopping through the souks to get you the best deals, and the staff will go out to get your dinner to make sure you get your food for the "Egyptian price", not the tourist one. Overall, amazing place - would stay here again!

Great hostel, I LOVE this place!! The owners and staff made me feel like home, they really care about each guest. They provide information about the sites if you want to explore them by yourself or you can book affordable tours, they give you options, ideas, and treat you right and well, it's awesome! The atmosphere is nice too, guests hangout at evening and arrange things together. It's the best place I've stayed in quite some time and definitely the best place to stay in Egypt.

Excellent hostel. Very caring owners and staff - treated me like family. Great knowledge of the area and all that there is to do. Very good atmosphere to meet other travelers. Would recommend to everyone.

Must stay here if you travel in Egypt, especially if it is your first time!

One of the most amazing place Ive been in the last 8 months of travelling around the world. The owners make it what it is! Greatly recommend it!

Bob Marley House staff are incredible! I had food poisoning while I was here (NOT because of the hostel's food, might I add) and they did everything they could to make me feel better. Unfortunately I lost a day of sight-seeing, but I still had a great time in Luxor.

Stay couldn't be faulted. Staff members went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and at home, including booking some extra curricular activities they don't normally offer. If I'm ever in Luxor again I won't hesitate to consider staying here again.

Bob Marley House Sherif Hotel had good rooms and bathrooms, was in a very convenient location for exploring Luxor, and had staff will to help us with very part of our trip, from figuring out tour options and to booking transport back to the airport. Our host Maria had entertaining stories and good advice on how to see often overlooked or closed parts of temples, and the other guests created a good community to come home to. An excellent and relaxing home base in a stressful town.

Probably my favourite accommodation experience in Egypt; it's centrally located, has a nice atmosphere and very friendly and helpful staff, tours are available and reasonably priced, everything was clean and functional, the common areas were great for relaxing and socialising, internet access (both wifi and laptop) the included breakfast was good, and the rooms were very well priced.

My only regret was having so little time to spend at Bob Marley House. I would've liked to have spent more time there, but the clock ran out on me. It was a great place to just hang out and relax. The host, Sayed, was terrific and so was his staff. In fact, they went back and forth with me to the bus station three times in one day in order to sort out a ticket. I'm looking forward to getting back there!

From my experience I give them a perfect 10. Owner and staff will do everything to make your stay a pleasant one. If you go visit the valley of the kings and Abu temple you will do it with Alladin, an excellent and very friendly guide, I recommand it! A felouca ride on the Nile? they will arrange it with Hassein and Mahmout who will also do everything to make you happy and satisfied!. Go for it and beware of imitations as some have tried to steel their reputation by using the bob marley name to.

• 20th Jan 2014

This was one of the greatest hostels I have stayed in thus far. The staff was amazingly friendly and very helpful. The owner, Maria, was an absolute joy to talk with and had a lot of insight about Luxor. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast was fantastic and the surrounding area accessible. A friend traveled with me and it was her first hostel experience (she's sometimes a little picky) and she also enjoyed her stay. It was very clean and the neighborhood was safe. I would love to return!

• 3rd Jan 2014

The most impressive thing was the staffs were very kind

• 5th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Wonderful stay in Bob Marley House Hostel. Tahnks to Maria and Sayed, I had a wonderful stay in Egypt. I felt safe and confortable. Tehy were really helpfull for everything, getting bus or trains tickets (by paying the right price), taking taxi, organising visits and treks. I don't know how I would have done without them. I decided to come back for my last days in Egypt as that was the place I was feeling the best in the country. Nice atmosphere also, I met friendly travellers there.

After a long hot bus ride, this hostel was a fantastic breath of fresh air after a hard day. Maria and Sayed were fantastic hosts and the information Maria provided was more than enough to help us independent travelers with difficult stay in Egypt. The tour that Maria suggests with her friend Aladin was a fantastic way to explore the main sights of the west bank, however if you want to do more Maria can help plan a customized trip at little cost. The best hostel I've stayed in ever. Will return!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7