Good 2,072 Total Reviews
Good 2,072 Total Reviews
Bob's Youth Hostel Located at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1012 SG Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG
69% 2072
52.3755598 4.8922848
    Rooms available

17th Apr 2016
6.0

Dirty and uncomfortable, both physically and in the general vibe. I had some booking concerns and changes before arrival, and they were incredibly helpful over email, but all 3 receptionists I encountered were rude and impatient. Just really bad vibes, and I didn't feel like my belongings were safe. It was close to central station and I really only needed it for the night, but it was 20 USD for a pretty gross experience.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
15th Apr 2016
3.4

The city has a problem, all hostels demand you to stay at least 3 night, which sucks. So this hostel was the only option available (3 weeks before the trip). It is the worst hostel I have ever been on. Seriously. 16 people in a room + 1 bathroom is caos, lockers don't work, they don't have plugs next to the beds, the window doesn't close, really small beds and no sympathy from the staff. My advice, be 3 nights in the city so you have better options.

• Canada, Male, 25-30
14th Apr 2016
4.9

I was on the top floor, floor D. It was a hazard going up and coming down. I banged my head at least twice on the ceiling coming up and almost slipped going down the stairs. I asked to rent one of the lockers in my room but it was impossible to use it because the bunk beds were blocking them. One would have to move the bunk bed then open the locker and move the bed back. Instead I had to use an insecure locker outside of the room. Bathroom + Shower were disgusting, smelled of urine and chemicals.

• England, Male, 18-24
12th Apr 2016
4.0

The old asain looking man was the most miserable person to staff the front of house...... Beds sheets were filthy Toilet had S*** in Shower was mouldy Dust & hair blowing around the floor in the dorm Never again....

• emmarosemagner
  • USA, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2016

This was the second time I stayed here it's not the nicest, but it's in a great location and I always meet the coolest people. I think the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are located conveniently in the dorm rooms. The wifi works in the lobby and in the first level dorm room so that's great! Really cheap and worth the money. People can smoke in the lobby and you have to go through the lobby to get to your room so if you don't like smoke you might have a problem. Otherwise, it's gr

10th Apr 2016
4.9

Worst hostel ever. There were signs up warning about the mice and insects. The rooms weren't too bad but the bathrooms were disgusting. Mold everywhere and pools of water on the floor near the shower. The showers never got hot water and the water pressure was terrible. The sinks looked like they had never been cleaned. We all felt so dirty after staying there, had to disinfect all of our stuff. Worst of all: no kitchen. Not even a microwave so we couldn't cook.

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
8th Apr 2016
6.3

Great location but that's probably the only major plus.

• England, Male, 18-24
8th Apr 2016
7.7

Overall I am fairly pleased with the hostel, but I feel some improvements could be made. Having to drag the lockers out from under the bed to open it was quite loud and I'm sure I disturbed other guests by doing this. The reception closes at 3am which is reasonable but I felt bad having to ring the doorbell and wake up Bob coming in after that time. It is possibly a little expensive, but it is to be expected in Amsterdam. Also the stairs are very steep.

• chinoaden8061
  • Scotland, Female, 25-30
7th Apr 2016
6.9

Bed was very uncomfortable, top bunk with no steps up or sides and not beside a wall either, felt like I was going to fall off so barely slept

• Italy, Male, 18-24
1st Apr 2016
6.9

Good location. However, one of the recepcionist is extremetelly rude and unhelpful. One of my friends got locked outside the room and went to ask this bald man on his 60s for him to open the door and the guy shouted at him like i never seen before. He treated us like animals. Apart from that, the hostel is okay. We saw a few insects on the beds and a rat running around though.