Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1956 Total Reviews

The hostel is very basic, but when you consider the excellent location and the low price, it is okay. Overall it was clean, but the bathroom was a bit disgusting. There is a nice common area in the main building, but in the second building there are only bedrooms. Wifi did not work in the second building, but I think that this will be fixed soon.

Very good location. We stayed for 3 nights in the secondary building but the internet didn't reach the room, that was the only bad thing. But the price and location was very good. Perfect to walk around downtown Amsterdam.

• 7th Feb 2016
  • Colombia

Reception guy was really rude since the beginning. The hostel is very good located, you can go everywhere walking. Shower was good; wifi was good as well.

A great place to stay. People are here from allover the world, it has all he basics you need, Ie; a bed, shower and toilet. People drink and smoke in the main area but it's Amsterdam so who cares?! All in all a great place to stay and will stay again when I return to Amsterdam.

• 4th Feb 2016

I like my time on Bos's Youth's Hostel. The peoples who working there are very nice and give you very good service. That's easy for me to come in touch with other travlers. But it was only one shower for two rooms. Bacause the other shower was broken and that bad. That's smells smelly and rotten to the toilet. But I like my time there. And it was very good and sentral location.

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Norway

Perfect for our group, great location, clean.

• 28th Jan 2016

Ordinary hostel but excellent location.

• 27th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

In general is it a nice hostel and seems quite clean. However, the tub smells to urine all the time (some extra attention there would make it perfect).

• 26th Jan 2016
  • Colombia

I was in the girls only dorm and a few times when I came back to the room the door wasn't closed properly so that anyone just could've walked into the room.

Great location and the bedrooms were great

• 22nd Jan 2016

Linens were very stained. The room had stains all over the walls. Only one locker had a usable lock.

• 22nd Jan 2016

Unfortunately, we´ve been stolen in the room, I guy in the room took a camera and a jacket, we ask a few times to the staff about the security camera, because if we see something we could try to denounce to the police, but all the times the staff said, come back later. But at least they changed us to a private room.

Stayed for one night, location was perfect, people were nice, beds were clean and comfi. Only thing I didn't like that in common area/reception, people can smoke joints. Normal smoking is outside, but the smell inside was so bad. Couldn't smell it in the rooms luckily, but it's not nice in my opinion.

No shower workingworkingworkingworkinworkinwwowerwow

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Portugal

Close to central station and all great museums! But the place lacks many things!

Nice place,really good position,average staff!!!

• 16th Jan 2016

The hostel was good

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Spain

Not a good Hostel but Not so bad, good posicion but bad staff And bad athmosfere ...

3 lads just looking for a bed for a few hours sleep. Its a great location with everything within a short walk of the hostel. The shower we had in our room was very good and the toilets clean. The security on the building was good and the lockers fine with a padlock provided. The stairs were very hard work. 4 floors of steep steps. One bed wasn't made and the mattress was wooden. You could literally knock on it! Very very basic hostel.

• 8th Jan 2016

Great location in the middle of all the madness!:)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5