Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff were pretty rude

• 12th Dec 2014

Dorms are so cold. Someone always opens windows at night. Heating system also doesn't working!!!

• 11th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Good location, friendly staff but not the best for security.

• 4th Dec 2014
  • Estonia

Great atmosphere, Lovely people, very social, perfect location.

• 21st Nov 2014

Not great cleaning when you pay 60€ for Two nights! Apart the good environment in the hostel lobby, its a very poor hostel!

I'm not used to this kind of hostel.. its less than normal..sorry only good thing its near shopping centers.. and RED LIGHTS

I was expecting the hostel to be a lot worse after I read the reviews. It wasn't the best hostel I've stayed at. The wifi is only in the smoke infested common room, no breakfast facilities nor kitchen to use and most of the lockers stored under beds not actually lock but mighty fine location.

Bobs was tight, its pretty chill but the bathrooms were ratchet

• 6th Nov 2014

The older "gentleman" decided midnight was a good time to test keys on the women's dorm. Woke all of us up! The first night he came in demanding one of the girls for Id, it set all of us on edge...He was also very rude anytime I had a question. The hostel isn't really a youth hostel, more a stoner hostel. So, if you're in Amsterdam for more than weed I wouldn't reccomend going here!

Wifi is very poor and not many plugs in dorm rooms..apart from this its great..perfect location..we walked to everything..shos etc next door..

• 26th Oct 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

4 of us stayed 4 nights. We were in the complex round the corner from reception which was really basic and couldn't open the windows (it got stuffy); but we had lovely roommates and we were only in the room to sleep. We made a booking to stay an extra night where stayed above reception. The room had loads more character, windows and a nicer bathroom! We enjoyed our stay the first nights but the different rooms might explain the mixed reviews! Get what you pay for; lucky if you're above reception

• 24th Oct 2014

Girl at the front desk was as thick as 2 planks and had the personality of 1 plank. Its cheap, but the slug ya an extra 10 to lock ya bag up and 10 for a key that I couldn't return cos 'there's no one working' 3am-8am. Yet one of the staff come in shinning a torch in my face, giving me 21 questions when I got in at 330.

• 20th Oct 2014

So much mold in the showers, I felt I could smell it in my bed 5 meters away with a closed door. So bad, it has to be in violation to building codes and guidelines for maintenance. Very noisy! Rented a locker that you could open without much problems with your hand. Room didn't have toilet, but was one right outside, so no big deal.

Bob's is in a great location right next to the City Centre so this is a good point. It was equipped with huge lockers that you only have to deposit for a lock (you don't have to bring your own or buy one - good). When we arrived the surley receptionist didn't even crack a smile and seemed put out by being asked regular questions by me and my friends. The website said you could smoke weed in the lobby, be warned this is only if surley receptionist feels like it. The bathrooms were dirty.

Best Location!

Lady that greeted us was rude and very unhelpful. We were placed in a room that was not even near the hostel. Room was minimal and lacked facilities that the main hostel had. Placing this information in your information would have made a huge difference in that we knew what was coming. It was dirty and seem neglected. A shower and no toilet is not really an ensuite - therefore this claim is a lie. railing up stairs was broken.

If you are on a budget, this is for you.

On the day of arrival, we did not face any problems in finding the Hostel. It is very near from the Main train station and many touristic attractions are within close range. At the reception we were greeted by a guy who was very friendly and also gave us a lot of suggestions about the places to roam in and around Amsterdam. The only thing we did not like was about a lady at the reception who was not very welcoming and didn't answer our queries properly. Except this, it was a pleasant experience.

2층침대에사다리도없고 스탭도엄청불친절합니다 샤워실은따뜻한물이나오는시간이따로있는지 거의찬물나오구요 와이파이도거의안터지네요 최악의호스텔이었어요ㅠㅠ

• 4th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

There was no hot water in the female dorms. Only one shower for 18 girls. Lobby is not big, tables are not really clean. Wifi connection is poor. You can connect but cannot open web pages or use apps. Hostel has two locations so you can expect you and your friends will sleep in different houses one street apart.

« first « Prev 1 2 3