Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The common room was not clean and it is too small for all the people in the hostel

The reception area is like a dingy little dungeon, and once even a couple of people are in there with their bags there's hardly any room to move around. The stairwell up to the rooms was also gross. None of the bathrooms had soap. The room however, was surprisingly neat and clean, lots of space. The bed was really comfy and I slept well. For your valuables there are lockers under the beds but most of the lockers are busted and worthless for keeping your stuff safe. Pretty good location though.

Waited 1 hour 30 mins for check in. Room was damp, shower had an awful smell, rooms weren't very clean, no facilities to make food. Did not enjoy our stay at bobs youth hostel!

I had a good experience at Bob's! For pretty much the first time ever, the hostel was better in real life than it appeared online. The location was great, I felt safe (except for the luggage room, which can be accessed by anyone in the hostel), and the staff was pretty nice. The shower was kind of gross, but the rest of was fine. Definitely not as sketchy as it seems!

• 19th Jun 2015

This hostel is good if you're just looking for a place to sleep. Don't expect much else. The rooms are packed pretty tightly with beds. The shower, which had mold in it, had major drainage issues and flooded our room every time someone showered, and no one working did anything to try to help. I actually had to pay for an extra towel so I could dry the floor after my shower. There were only 5 outlets in the whole room. The man working the front desk was extremely rude. It wasn't a pleasant stay.

The location was perfect. It was in the heart of Amsterdam and was an easy walk to a lot of main attractions. The staff was very helpful and kind. The rooms were average, but the atmosphere made up for any shortcomings. The only down side was that there wasn't really any place to change if you were in a mixed dorm.

Shortage of plug sockets, few that were in the room didn't work and there was a shortage of lockers. Other than this, no complaints. WiFi worked very well, rooms/bathrooms were basic but clean. Location is fantastic.

One of the cleanest hostels on the planet. If you are looking for a place that doesn't cost one million euro close to Amsterdam, this is your place. Clean bathrooms, fresh linens, wide open kitchen... It has the works! Awesome Aussie staff working when I stayed with a friend from back home.

Bob's was in a nice location. Perfect for a traveler on a budget, but lacking some certain security necessities. For example, there is a luggage room for you to store your belongings before you are allowed to check in. It is a nice idea, but anyone has access as long as they ask for a key, and that is definitely scary. Overall it was a pleasant stay. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent hostel for cheap in a great location in Amsterdam.

The hostel was in a great location! Very easy to get to from Centraal, and very easy to get to the city center. For some reason, in my 8-person dorm, there were only 6 lockers so on my first night I couldn't lock my stuff up. Also, the dorm was on the fourth floor and there was no wifi in the room, which was not great.

Worst esperienze ever in my life

• 12th Jun 2015

Awesome location, but very dirty rooms. Very cheap though and perfect for a few nights in Amsterdam on a budget.

Dirty bathrooms with no hand soap. Not well kept

• 10th Jun 2015

Rude staff, hidden charges, no free breakfast (despite being advertised), dirty room - there was dirt and graffiti on all the walls in my room, stained linen, un-useable shower that smelt of sewage, no safety or security, no toilet roll or sink in the toilet. This was an absolute rip off - I would recommend people look elsewhere. The only thing that is good about this hostel is the location.

• 10th Jun 2015

Only two power points for a room that houses 16, most annoying thing ever. On the last day, the wifi service broke down completely.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • India

The hostel bathrooms smelled like Mildew, the main manager just seems to be bothered by every question we had, he was very rude and very dismissive. He would come into the all girls dorm at 2:45 in the morning and look throughout the room. I thought this was one of the worst hostels I've stayed in

• 7th Jun 2015

No additional pay for lockers - they give it to you for deposit of 20 euro. Really useful. Used to have a dream to stay in a real old Amsterdam house, this hostel made it possible :)

10 euro deposit for your room key and an additional 10 for a locker. I didn't use a locker, didn't need to in the end ,the place was safe, lots of nice people there. Good location, great showers. Common room let it down for me...but there was never very many people there so a little tricky to meet people. I'll be staying there again when I go and would recommend

ut when we tried to check in, an angry, unfriendly guy at the reception told us, to wait. that wouldn't be a problem, also the fact that we waited for 20 minutes while he was ounting money wouldn't be too bad. but after that he was really unfriendly. didn't answer our quesitons, didn't give us the right key, didn't tell us exactly where the room is (it was in another house). to sum it up: he didn't care in an arrogant way!the check in took us all in all almost 2 hours and we were the only guests

• 29th May 2015
  • Liechtenstein

Great hostel for what it is, nothing special really. Phenomenal location at a great price. Less than 15 minutes walking distance from train station, and about 10-15 from the main attractions (red light district). Staff was nice and helpful, atmosphere was what you would expect from a hostel in the heart of Amsterdam-relaxed and pleasant. Would definitely stay here again if I go back to the dam!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4