Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

After reading many reviews, positive and negative, I decided to take a chance on Bob's ... The guy at the reception was extremely rude. The rooms were nice, however the shower and the walls in the bathrooms were not. Living space in lobby was unwelcoming and not social. I did like that the beds came with full duvets and pillows that were clean (or seemed to be) room was very hot. Probably wouldn't stay here again unless I was desperate

It's not valuable to live at here. Too many steps to go to the room, and it is not cleaning with few facilities you can use when you have a shower. More importantly, mix room is not allocated good with male and female.

We stayed in Bob's Youth Hostel for the weekend and it was quiet disappointing. Bathroom was dirty and the light didn't work, it went on and off all the time. The shower was dirty and we were just trying to not touch anything while showering. Paid 50 € per person per night, it is a very overpriced place to stay at.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Second time staying here and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Efficient, helpful staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. The location was excellent, walking distance to everything including the train station, and there is a tram stop right outside the main building. The only negative was the atmosphere in the lobby/hangout space wasn't particularly social this time around, but you can still meet great people in the dorms so it's not a big deal. I'd recommend Bob's to any traveller.

This place is pretty average. The dorm we stayed in was obviously supposed to be a 6 bed dorm & they've just squeezed in an extra bunkbed. The bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The location was really good, however we stayed in another building where the wifi didn't work. It was just a bit over priced for what you got.

Stayed in Bob's Hostel Despite the bad reviews of so many.My stay was pleasant. The Rooms Were clean.They Had provided us with good warm blankets, the beds were spot on clean and comfortable just bit squeaky.That;s alright. The guy at the reception was very warm,helpful and nice.The only Thing That they forgot to mention is that the other part of bob's hostel that is the building not far away from the actual one. is somewhat in the red light area if you walk you see the ladies Treat for guys

• 21st Sep 2015
  • India

Not too bad but not good either. The location is perfect , but the place lacks an atmosphere. Also cleanliness should be focussed on.

We stayed in the top of the other building and the stairs were the steepest things I've ever seen. Beds were very uncomfortable and the shower was average. One day I had to go and get someone from reception to turn it off with a wrench because it jammed on. There was also a huge leak in the hostel when it started to rain. No wifi in rooms or plugs to charge anything. But it was clean and the location was AMAZING!! About 2min walk to red light district

I gave the security and the location for full scores. Staffs were OK and useful but lack of smile. The atmosphere of the hostel and the room is less than the average of the rooms I used to stay around Europe, but I think it is common in Amsterdam since it is in the old town. The cleanliness was OK, nothing more or less. I found that the price was quite expensive, but it was still the cheapest one I could find, Amsterdam!! There is a common area, no kitchen, one toilet &one shower inside the room

Located well, average value but good for Amsterdam, everywhere more expensive

The location is fantastic there is no denying and you can see where the improvements are trying to be done but it's just not there yet, there was mould in the bathrooms, door handles kept literally falling off and everything was just quiet damp and grimy. Ended up moving hostels after one night.

Bob's youth hostel was ok, the beds were really comfy and the location is great, but the atmosphere was a bit lacking and it was certainly a bit creepy that the manager was walking around the dorm at 2am checking the people who were in bed, even going as far as lifting up the duvet of someone because he couldn't quite tell if there was someone in there or not. He really shouldn't be up to that. I wouldn't stay there again, but i didn't have a bad time at Bob's youth hostel.

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Northern Ireland

dissapointrd as i just changed the dates of my travel in advance and they did not adjusted my downpayment and when i reached there they said you have to pay full amount as this is issue between you and hostel world.

Great location, no complaints other than 2 lights didn't work in the bathroom/shower and it was hard to find a locker that wasn't broken. Would definitely stay here again.

Lock on the door to the room didn't work, and lock/handle to the bathroom door was hanging off. Lockers not big enough to fit larger backpacker bags. Common areas not particularly good either. Tbf it was reasonably clean, and the staff did try to fix the door, but for 35 euros a night not good value for money

• 6th Sep 2015

The living spaces were cramped, the bathrooms weren't clean or clogged, and not enough of them, the water pressure was awful, the light in one of the showers didn't work. There wasn't a welcoming common space to hang out in. People came in at 3AM into the room and turned on the light and were hanging out- so no rules/expectations were set of the people staying in the hostel.

Was not clean, no atmosphere, no kitchen, no wifi in the rooms. Location was good, reception was always lousy. Definitely not going back. Ever. Would encourage going elsewhere

First time, the recepcionist was a girl who was very kind and explained me everything I should know about the hostel and Amsterdam. I have already been there so I did not need much explanation. Second time was a guy, morning, for the checkout, and I ask him for suggestions and he did not pay much attention to me, barely gave me any indication and did not help me anyhow with my stay nor the checkout. I would recommend the Hostel because it is cheap and well located.

Great hostel by Amsterdam standards! WiFi is great and beds are nice to. Free tea and coffee in the morning is a nice touch as well.

Good Things: -Location is perfect! Close to the train station, the red light district, and other attractions - Staff was helpful and friendly - Shower water pressure was awesome - Lockers were spacious - Comfy pillows Bad Things: -wifi is okay in the rooms (good in the common area tho) -shower and sink are combined in a little room instead of a "glassed in" shower - toilets seem to be cleaned regularly but perhaps not enough as the common bathrooms were pretty gross sometimes

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5