6.8
Good 2,218 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 2,218 Total Reviews
Bob's Youth Hostel Located at Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1012 SG Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG
68% 2218
52.3755598 4.8922848
    Rooms available

• Hong Kong, Male, 18-24
24th Jun 2016
3.1

Very dirty, noisy all the time, the room is very very hot and no air condition. No printing service, very expensive, no wifi in my room. I won't choose this hostel again. Sleep in McDonald's maybe better.

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
3.1

I would never come here again. Terrible service. The main guy is so rude and the beds or filthy, bathrooms are gross and smell terrible. I would rather pay more money to stay somewhere else.

5.7

As promised the hostel is in the best location of the city, but my experience wasn't that good.. First of all, the luggage room have easy acess from all guests (and even stanges can get in easy since there's no Card to show or any kind of identification), therefore it lacks some security in my point of view... the room itself was ok, but then the toilet remain stuck during my whole stay, so i couldn't use it in no way

5.7

There's one shower and one toilet for a 16 bedroom. It was hot at night and there was not even a fan to help circulate the air around. I got bed bug bites from the place. Which, when I told a staff person, was assumed to be mosquito bites since no one else complained. I was in room C bed 5. I haven't seen reviews about bed bugs but I have allergic reaction to the bites and thus it should have come from this place. The location is nice though, close to the tram stop and walking distance to places

• Mexico, All Female Group, 18-24
3.7

We stayed there for just one night and it was enoug time for us to have the worst time of our lives. At about 3:30 am a guy who was staying on our room let a random guy get in with him, they were being pretty aggressive and using drugs inside the room. There was no staff what so ever controlling the situation. The guy who wasn't a guest kept the key and came in and out about 3 times. Things got pretty scary and we decided to leave super early in the morning!

• India, Male, 18-24
21st Jun 2016

A very good experience at the Bob's! Amazing environment to hamgout with new people and solo travellers. Love from India!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
16th Jun 2016
4.0

While Bob's is in a good location, the way it is run leaves a lot to be desired. Floor had not been swept let alone cleaned properly, the shower was mouldy, light in the toilet did not work, poor ventilation in room, sheets were grubby, toilet was dirty and there were old abandoned towels hanging in the shower. Old guy on reception was unfriendly, unwelcoming & unhelpful (he brushed his teeth in the kitchen sink while we were waiting to check in). New young British guy (Sam?) was cool!

13th Jun 2016
3.4

Worst Hostel I've been to. The guy at reception is rude from heads to tails and have no idea of how to treat a host. They've put us to sleep in a different building, not the same where the reception is, adding to the sensation of insecurity. Poor installations. The rooms are kinda filthy, not well cleaned at all. The bed I was assigned to was supposed to be ready for me. Instead I found what looked like pubic hair from the last person who slept there. Stinky toilets, terrible beds, insecure.

• sergio90_man6674
  • Colombia, Male, 25-30
11th Jun 2016
6.3

Amsterdam is expensive. I ended up paying like 35 euros per person per night in a 12 beds room. There is only one bathroom for 12 people, and the shower is pretty uncomfortable as it all gets wet around. Beds are smaller than normal singles. Wifi didn't work well. However, the location is amazing and for a few nights this hostel is an acceptable option.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
10th Jun 2016
3.7

The lockers were broken and were hard to open. The location itself feels unsafe at night. The beds were all squeaking if you moved at all and my towel got stolen while I was out. For €30 a night I expected more but it was disgusting.