Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I'm not used to this kind of hostel.. its less than normal..sorry only good thing its near shopping centers.. and RED LIGHTS

Bobs was tight, its pretty chill but the bathrooms were ratchet

• 6th Nov 2014

The older "gentleman" decided midnight was a good time to test keys on the women's dorm. Woke all of us up! The first night he came in demanding one of the girls for Id, it set all of us on edge...He was also very rude anytime I had a question. The hostel isn't really a youth hostel, more a stoner hostel. So, if you're in Amsterdam for more than weed I wouldn't reccomend going here!

Wifi is very poor and not many plugs in dorm rooms..apart from this its great..perfect location..we walked to everything..shos etc next door..

• 26th Oct 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

4 of us stayed 4 nights. We were in the complex round the corner from reception which was really basic and couldn't open the windows (it got stuffy); but we had lovely roommates and we were only in the room to sleep. We made a booking to stay an extra night where stayed above reception. The room had loads more character, windows and a nicer bathroom! We enjoyed our stay the first nights but the different rooms might explain the mixed reviews! Get what you pay for; lucky if you're above reception

• 24th Oct 2014

Girl at the front desk was as thick as 2 planks and had the personality of 1 plank. Its cheap, but the slug ya an extra 10 to lock ya bag up and 10 for a key that I couldn't return cos 'there's no one working' 3am-8am. Yet one of the staff come in shinning a torch in my face, giving me 21 questions when I got in at 330.

• 20th Oct 2014

So much mold in the showers, I felt I could smell it in my bed 5 meters away with a closed door. So bad, it has to be in violation to building codes and guidelines for maintenance. Very noisy! Rented a locker that you could open without much problems with your hand. Room didn't have toilet, but was one right outside, so no big deal.

Bob's is in a great location right next to the City Centre so this is a good point. It was equipped with huge lockers that you only have to deposit for a lock (you don't have to bring your own or buy one - good). When we arrived the surley receptionist didn't even crack a smile and seemed put out by being asked regular questions by me and my friends. The website said you could smoke weed in the lobby, be warned this is only if surley receptionist feels like it. The bathrooms were dirty.

Best Location!

Lady that greeted us was rude and very unhelpful. We were placed in a room that was not even near the hostel. Room was minimal and lacked facilities that the main hostel had. Placing this information in your information would have made a huge difference in that we knew what was coming. It was dirty and seem neglected. A shower and no toilet is not really an ensuite - therefore this claim is a lie. railing up stairs was broken.

If you are on a budget, this is for you.

On the day of arrival, we did not face any problems in finding the Hostel. It is very near from the Main train station and many touristic attractions are within close range. At the reception we were greeted by a guy who was very friendly and also gave us a lot of suggestions about the places to roam in and around Amsterdam. The only thing we did not like was about a lady at the reception who was not very welcoming and didn't answer our queries properly. Except this, it was a pleasant experience.

2층침대에사다리도없고 스탭도엄청불친절합니다 샤워실은따뜻한물이나오는시간이따로있는지 거의찬물나오구요 와이파이도거의안터지네요 최악의호스텔이었어요ㅠㅠ

• 4th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

There was no hot water in the female dorms. Only one shower for 18 girls. Lobby is not big, tables are not really clean. Wifi connection is poor. You can connect but cannot open web pages or use apps. Hostel has two locations so you can expect you and your friends will sleep in different houses one street apart.

For what we paid this was a great deal however the shared bathroom was not enough for the amount of beds that were jn the mixed dorm. Also no elevator so had to go up multiple steep flights of stairs any time we wanted to go to the dorm. I would probably stay here again if I really need to save some money on the hostel. Location is very central.

The place is well located, the staff was initially very grumpy but I had no problems. The hostel was not very secure, while I stayed there one of my room-mates was robbed in the luggage locker. If you can spend a bit more money in another place, do it, otherwise it's a fairly good alternative for you.

The staff were quite helpful and friendly apart from one elderly man. The hostel is in a great location, metres from the shopping streets and a few minutes walk to the prozys. They have another couple of rooms further up the road which are owned by the hostel which looked a lot worse than the ones in the main building. If locking bikes up, lock them up good with the thickest chain possible! You get what you pay for really. It's a place to get your head down, not live in. Get outside!

• 25th Sep 2014

Great hostel near centre of town.. Insanely steep staircase, hard to tackle when hammered!

• 25th Sep 2014

the staff member was rude when we first got there but that was only because i feel he needed some more help on the desk. People waited for ages to check in, most people left instead of checking in. Once we checked in the place was filthy, no room cleaning had been done in weeks/months. The room was littered in graffiti. The wifi didnt work in the room. Great location tho. If you only need accommodation for one night like we did this place is fine. oh the shower was mouldy and toilet filthy.

The rooms were fairly dirty and extremely uncomfortable. Wifi is only in the lounge area downstairs, which is a bit annoying. The staff were nice, and the location is right in the heart of the downtown area, but overall I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• 23rd Sep 2014