Bob's Youth Hostel

6.7
Good 3101 Total Reviews

• Egypt, Male, 25-30
13th Sep 2017

Awesome location, great people and definitely would go again and again

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Sep 2017
2.0

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Do not book this property. We stayed for a few hours before checking out again and moving to another place. Most unhelpful rude staff to match an equally disappointing room. Sheets were dirty, shower was leaking and the room was generally unclean and freezing cold. Other guests of the hostel searched through our bags and coats, and when the staff were alerted they responded saying it's the risk you take with a hostel. Terrible place to stay.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
12th Sep 2017

Great location - 5 mins from Amaterdam Centraal. Friendly staff, no problems :)

• Brazil, Mixed Group, 18-24
6.0

We were very disappointed upon arrival when the very rude little bald man on reception informed my group that we'd have to pay for the empty bed in our shared room. We did not book a private room, and had to pay an extra €135 that was not included in our original booking. The location of the rooms is great and we were able to walk to most places we wanted to go, and the shower facilities were also good, but it was clear the room wasn't really cleaned properly between uses.

Dear, I am sorry if there was a misunderstanding regarding your booking. However your hostelworld reservation was a 4-bed private room. If you arrive with fewer people you are still required to pay for the entire room as it is a 4-bed private. I am sorry if you understood that you booked a few beds in a small dormitory, but I have pulled up your reservation from hostelworld, and it shows you have booked a private room.

• guldden3596
  • Turkey, Female, 25-30
3.7

It is such a terrible experince to stay there. Room's atmosphere is depressive and pessimistic. Rooms are so crowded and dirty. Bathrooms and toilets are broken and also not clean.Recepcionist is not friendly and helpful person.

• England, Male, 18-24
2.6

Bob's hostel was one of the worst places I have ever stayed. Room looked absolutely nothing like the pictures online. It was at the top of 4 flights of stairs and was like a prison cell. Creaky bare metal bunk beds with chipped walls covered in obscene graffiti. Shower emitted a deafening shrieking noise. I left my (packed) bags in the hostel briefly while I returned my rental bike. On return to hand in my key I was told I wouldn't be getting my deposit back as I was slightly late. AVOID

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th Sep 2017
6.0

Bob's hostel is in a great location, the beds are nice and my room was spacious. Showers and toilets are ok but not terrible. The staff were all nice except for the older man who worked in the morning. Incredibly rude, unhelpful, everything I asked was as if I was asking him to cut off his foot. I made 2 bookings and was happy to change rooms. He told me I was in the same room the whole time..Which was wrong and I ended up getting locked out of the hostel but thankfully other staff helped me.

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Sep 2017

Important to note the 2nd accomadation building is in the red light district which was a pleasant surprise but overall really enjoyed our stay just remember to keep all personal items safe

• Colombia, Male, 31-40
9th Sep 2017

Really good place to stay.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
8th Sep 2017
6.6

We stayed in their other hostel across the road, the location was good the hostel is beside a bar so it's good if your looking to chill somewhere nearby. We had our room on the top floor the WiFi was abysmal actually it was non existent. The showers and communal toilets were clean as was our room. The cleaning staff however was a Fffing see you next Tuesday, he kicked in our door and started screaming at us and dragging the sheets off us , which ended up with myself having to get aggressive.

×