Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The bathroom was disgusting and the whole dorm smelled like pee. The staff wasn't very friendly. Nothing about that place was clean. Waste of 100 euros.

• 17th Apr 2015

This was an OK hostel, very much a backpackers kind of place, not for those looking for an 'up market' experience. The place was clean enoughenough and in a good location. Be warned, there are 2 parts to this hostel, so you may end up in the 2nd building behind the main hostel. The staff were a little surlysurly, but helpful enough for me. The atmosphere is ok if you like/don't mind weed smoking, as the main lobby area was devoted to this. Overall a no frills hostel in a good location.

• 16th Apr 2015

I really couldn't stand the music that was playing in the common room during my three nights there and also heard others make the same complaints. It was mainly college aged students so I feel like more mainstream or recent music should have been played. Additionally the bathroom cleanliness could have been better, however in large shared rooms I realize it can be a difficult thing to maintain.

Overall good quality. Would have been nice to have a better quality mattress though

• 15th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This is a good place to stay it's really close to central station but also very close to other areas of the city. There are two buildings so if you book separately from the people that you want to stay with make sure that you ask to be in the same building. They are right across the street from each other so it's not the end of the world if you can't. But I would defiantly recommend this hostel to people!

• 11th Apr 2015

Exceptional service and nice room. I didn't ask for the 3am wake up call and strip tease from one of the cleaners, but what a show! Will inevitably put the 'Banana Shows' of the red light district out of business!

• 10th Apr 2015

Had a good time there, would definitely stay again. My biggest problem was that there were only 2 plugs in a room for 10 people.

I wasn't expecting much after reading reviews. I paid 160 euros for 3 nights. Staff had zero personality. Breakfast was advertised however there was only a cup of tea or coffee available from 8:00 until 10:30. Bed was alright. Not allowed to smoke in hostel lounge all the time, no vending machines. Very very very dear for exceptionally very little. Only perk is that it is beside train station. Spent most of my time with friends in St.Christophers hostel when not out and about. Disappointed :(

• 4th Apr 2015

Me and my friend stayed in the 16 bed female dorm and we really liked it. The staff was nice and the room was big and clean! We would stay here again!!!

• 3rd Apr 2015

This hostel was exactly what me and my friend needed for our Amsterdam stay, a city centre hostel(literally a 3 minute walk from dam square and central station) with a comfy bed, a decent shower and a really relaxed staff with great vibes. The only thing I would warn people about is the mice - this isnt because bobs is an unclean hostel as it was cleaned well - the centre of Amsterdam just has an issue with mice and we didn't know this! So be warned if squimish. Overall was a really good stay!

• 1st Apr 2015

The facilities are old and didn't work sometime

Good price for the city, but better if you don't expect much. The guy telling me that the entrance is open till 3am, but after i need to wake him up doesn't sounds nice for a party city.

Great location!! A bit too expensive for the accomodation itself, but amsterdam is always expensive. We had to complaints! Loved the piano :)

Shout out to Felix - the only staff member who was friendly and helpful to us! Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, dorms were basic but suitable. Paid over 70 euro for two nights though, which I don't really think the place was worth. Good location, only a few minutes walk to Dam Square. Not allowed to smoke in the rooms which is understandable but then getting shouted at by an angry man for going outside to smoke was a bit much!

The atmosphere was sketchy from the minute you walk into the front lounge area. You think youth hostel would have young people but there were always old men sitting in there. I stayed in an all girls dorm and the male workers would walk into the room during the day and night without knocking or anything and look at the people in the beds. That was creepy and made me uncomfortable. Also had an early flight and couldn't check out during the time I needed to so I lost my key deposit.

There were rats and mice in the common areas. No kitchen. Very dirty

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Bob's is awesome, its cheap with a great location and a lot of fun times. Only the weak would tell you to go to another hostel (although there are better ones)

• 7th Feb 2015

terrible experience. the wifi didnt work the whole time i was there. the staff was really rude. i stayed in a bedroom that was not in the same building as the reception so it was not very safe. it was in the street behind, so not very good to talk to the staff at night. wouldnt recommend the hostel to anyone.

• 6th Feb 2015

Great stay, except there was a mixup with the beds in my dorm and there was more people than beds, thankfully we all had a bed to sleep on, but two people had to share.

Lack of electrical plug sockets in the room

• 2nd Feb 2015