Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The worst hotel ever !!!!! It's so dirty!!!!! I saw mice in the room and there's BEDBUG!!!!!!! I defintely won't go back to this hostel anymore!!!!!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

After reading other travellers reviews about Bob's Youth Hostel I was really concerned. However upon arrival I was greeted by really friend staff and my room was perfectly clean and tidy. While the place isn't a 5* hotel it has everything you need for a hostel experience! Great people and a great atmosphere. I'd come back here for sure in the future :)

• 5th Sep 2014

My friend and I have now stayed at Bob's on 3 separate occasions in the past year and have enjoyed every single visit. The location is really close to the station and you are no more than a 10 minute walk away from the main coffee shop area, red light district, or anne franks house. Bob's seem to have a few negative reviews and I can honestly not understand because we have never had any problems at all. I would HIGHLY recommend Bob's to anyone :)

• 31st Aug 2014

I didn't like this hostel. The only good thing was the location a that de room was big, but they have no kitchen and just a fridge that if you want to keep things in there you have to ask the gay, but as the reception is always full it's a problema the owner is really rude. it´s not a place I recommend for a backpacker.

Very easy find close to the train station big supermarket

Quick, cheap and dirty.

I have been to several hostels, but I wouldn't come back to this one. It's quite pricey, the rooms are not very clean, the bathroom satisfies the bare necessities and the staff doesn't seemed to be very friendly.

• 15th Aug 2014

Smelt, didn't have a good vibe and staff were pretty rude . Location was probably the best thing.

If you like rude and desinterested staff and a cold shower in the morning, go there! It was the worst Hostel I've ever been! The matresses where so soft like a rock- so book rather a spot on a street. Never go there again...

• 13th Aug 2014

The beds were probably the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in and the shower was dirty. The staff weren't very useful, our roommates were unsociable, one of them was 41 years old which is pretty suspect for a "youth" hostel. Location was great though, next door to a really nice pub called "the Doors" and opposite a brothel (if that's your thing). We didn't spend much time there to be honest, it was too disgusting and the city was far too interesting.

• 10th Aug 2014

I don't know if all the rooms are this way, but the room I stayed in was GROSS. There was mold on the ceiling, the sheets weren't clean, the shower didn't drain properly, the bathroom was never cleaned. One toilet for 16 people and only one electrical outlet for 8 people. Terrible! The only redeeming quality was the great location.

Great Location But I Was A Little Disappointed With The Facilities Available...

despite the fact that the entire hostel smelled like a toilet, the exceptional location made up for it. The common room was a great place to hang out and meet people, with the added bonus of smoking inside! If you don't mind a smelly hostel definitely stay at bob's if you want a good time :)

The space in the rooms was too reduced. For example, my bed was right next to the bathroom and the shower, what made it impossible for me to sleep properly, and the smell was... Some of the staff were nice, but the indian guy that we met the first day was very rude and not nice with us

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This place is very rock 'n' roll, there's graffiti and art everywhere, and the lounge area is a great place to chill out and make friends from around the world!

• 25th Jul 2014

The place looks like a prison but the location makes up for it

Very good location only 5 minute stroll to the main square and main coffee shops. The room was very tired and walls where full of graffiti and there was only 1 plug socket for a 18 bed dorm.

Was quite expensive staying there but thats just because everywhere in dam is expensive. Common room was nice and u could chill there till late, also staff were very helpful with any info or helping us find stuff in the city.

Room really dirty! guy at the front desk is slow and obvs high

Incredibly rude staff, our reason for departure early was due to my travel partner's grandfather having died. When asked why we were leaving early we explained our situation and were greeted with an incredibly hostile reply. ,. We weren't even in the main part of the Hostel! We were crammed in this disgusting building above a bar. I know people ignore reviews, but I implore anyone who wants a good time in Amsterdam to avoid Bob's hostel, ruined our trip.

• 13th Jul 2014