Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1954 Total Reviews

My stay was good but my expectations were way too high mostly because of what I had read in their webpage. The room was clean but the plug was in just one part of the room and that was a little uncomfortable because everyone had to gather their gadgets around it without too much space. The lobby is not very clean at times because of the people smoking and eating. The location is really good, I didn't have to use public transportation but in special times. The staff was nice but slow to check in.

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Mexico

I stayed at Bobs for 3 nights in a 8-bed-room. My room was in an other building 1min walk from the main buidling. The room quiet normal, not realy clean and not realy dirty. We had a shower IN our room. The toilett was direct in front of our room and we shared it with an other 8-bed-room. Staff was always nice and helpful, so the other people I met there. Sadly they dont offer a smoking room anymore. The smooth lobby is gone. They had a renovation there. In conclusion, it was a nice stay.

• 18th Dec 2015

Let me start by saying that the members of staff were very nice. They didn't know where to get a power outlet adaptor, but they did offer to let me use one of their chargers. The next time I visit Amsterdam, I'll probably opt for staying in a hostel further from the city centre, it's not the prettiest area and I wanted more than just the coffee shops and red light district. The hostel seemed like a real dive considering the price for a bed. The huge lockers in the rooms was a plus though.

Bob's was a great find and I would recommend highly. The room we stayed in was for potentially 16 girls, so I imagine during peak season it might get a bit noisy but everyone when we were there was very considerate. Clean rooms and ensuite facility, and the rooms have storage cases which you only need to provide your own lock. Amazing location and a really cute place. They do coffee and tea in the mornings and they have a cute little living room area too. Really great hostel for young people.

Everything was clean although the place is pretty run down in the common area especially. The rooms were super clean and beds very comfy. There was no sink in the first floor bathroom or mirrors in the first or second floor bathroom and only one toilet per floor. I don't like that I had to go up stairs just to wash my hands and brush my teeth but it was a good location and a comfortable bed

Great stay, had everything I needed! Staff were friendly, beds were clean and comfortable, nothing to complain about in a youth hostel!!

Was an average stay.

• 6th Dec 2015

Good hostel, fantastic location, chill staff, beds were clean and felt safe

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

The beds were actually quite comfy and the pillows and sheets were clean. It's a good place to sleep if your planning on staying out most the day. The male staff members were nice however the 2 girls that worked there didn't smile much.

• 5th Dec 2015

The hostel was in a prime location which was the main thing that we wanted, but the facilities weren't the nicest or cleanest. We felt like we paid much more than we should have for the quality of the stay even if we were basically there to just sleep for two nights. Did not feel comfortable leaving our luggage in their luggage room either.

• 27th Nov 2015

The security and location at Bob's was really good. We were shocked to turn up on the first day and be told our room was in a separate building on a different street to the reception area and common room - this may have been stated on the page but we certainly missed it. The dorm room was okay, clean sheets supplied, however the bathroom and shower in the room was awful. It didn't help that our window was left open in the rain and the toilet was drenched in water. Okay for a very short stay.

Great location, staff were friendly, rooms were clean and the atmosphere was very chilled in the common room with good music always being played :-) there was some construction being done while I was there meaning the lights in the communal toilets beside the common room weren't working. Definitely recommend this place for people who like smoking weed or for people who don't mind others smoking weed. If weed bothers you, I recommend you find another hostel. I would definitely stay here again :-)

The satff and the atmosphere were okay but our room smelled like pee all over the place . The location was very good but other than that I wouldn't stay there again .

• 19th Nov 2015
  • Portugal

They had a card lock for you to enter the hostel and your room. Pretty secure to me unless someone breaks it, which won't happen honestly. It's literally right in the middle of everything. Great location! The man who gave me my key was rude, spoke to me like I didn't understand and I speak English. So for him to treat me like a forth grader was unnecessary. But other than that the staff were cool. The reception area was dirty, but other guest were super cool to meet and hang out. Good for price

• 19th Nov 2015

Quite disappointed with this hostel. The receptionist was unhelpful on both of the two occasions that we had to deal with him. Had our iPad and GoPro stolen from the luggage room so obviously no security. The smell of smoke and feet lingers all throughout the tiny, crammed hostel. Would never stay here again. Please don't either.

Really good stay and nice people. Nonetheless, the shower was really smelly... Have a nice day!

• 30th Oct 2015

Hello, I spent three nights in this hostel which were pleasant and comfortable. Nothing short of what I expect from a youth hostel, a bonus was having private lockers in our room. A member of staff very rude and unwelcoming upon my arrival when checking in. He was very blunt and impolite. He miscounted the cash for our booking and asked for an extra 10 euros, I said that was incorrect. He then threw the money back at me to count again (I counted again and was correct). No apology or a thank you.

• 29th Oct 2015

Fun stay great place can't be fussy with a cheap hostel :)

• 29th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

We had a really good time at bobs. The reviews online make it sound worse than it is. The bathrooms were average and you get what you pay for. The beds were comfortable and the sheets were clean. The bins fit everything/all of our stuff. A majority of the staff is not very friendly, but some are willing to help you out. Its in a great area but make sure you have a good map because its easy to get lost.

• 28th Oct 2015

Good value for money, Amsterdam is always expensive so for the price I would definitely recommend this place. It's not luxury but the beds are decent and the location is fantastic. If you're flying solo it's not the best place to meet people but aside from that you pretty much get what you pay for.