Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

For what we paid this was a great deal however the shared bathroom was not enough for the amount of beds that were jn the mixed dorm. Also no elevator so had to go up multiple steep flights of stairs any time we wanted to go to the dorm. I would probably stay here again if I really need to save some money on the hostel. Location is very central.

The place is well located, the staff was initially very grumpy but I had no problems. The hostel was not very secure, while I stayed there one of my room-mates was robbed in the luggage locker. If you can spend a bit more money in another place, do it, otherwise it's a fairly good alternative for you.

The staff were quite helpful and friendly apart from one elderly man. The hostel is in a great location, metres from the shopping streets and a few minutes walk to the prozys. They have another couple of rooms further up the road which are owned by the hostel which looked a lot worse than the ones in the main building. If locking bikes up, lock them up good with the thickest chain possible! You get what you pay for really. It's a place to get your head down, not live in. Get outside!

• 25th Sep 2014

Great hostel near centre of town.. Insanely steep staircase, hard to tackle when hammered!

• 25th Sep 2014

the staff member was rude when we first got there but that was only because i feel he needed some more help on the desk. People waited for ages to check in, most people left instead of checking in. Once we checked in the place was filthy, no room cleaning had been done in weeks/months. The room was littered in graffiti. The wifi didnt work in the room. Great location tho. If you only need accommodation for one night like we did this place is fine. oh the shower was mouldy and toilet filthy.

The rooms were fairly dirty and extremely uncomfortable. Wifi is only in the lounge area downstairs, which is a bit annoying. The staff were nice, and the location is right in the heart of the downtown area, but overall I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• 23rd Sep 2014

All rules was very clearly presented, so even for guest that stays only one night (like me) it was easy to get familiar with all rules. Thanks to this people know what to expect and how to behave. There was no misunderstandig about costs, departure time etc.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

great place. people and staff are super chill!

I stayed there for three or four nights and had the best time. The hostel is perfectly located, the rooms are big, comfortable beds, 2 bathrooms per room, and the coolest atmosphere! The only "bad" things are the stairs and that there's no kitchen! But beside that, I totally recommend it!!

The worst hotel ever !!!!! It's so dirty!!!!! I saw mice in the room and there's BEDBUG!!!!!!! I defintely won't go back to this hostel anymore!!!!!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

After reading other travellers reviews about Bob's Youth Hostel I was really concerned. However upon arrival I was greeted by really friend staff and my room was perfectly clean and tidy. While the place isn't a 5* hotel it has everything you need for a hostel experience! Great people and a great atmosphere. I'd come back here for sure in the future :)

• 5th Sep 2014

My friend and I have now stayed at Bob's on 3 separate occasions in the past year and have enjoyed every single visit. The location is really close to the station and you are no more than a 10 minute walk away from the main coffee shop area, red light district, or anne franks house. Bob's seem to have a few negative reviews and I can honestly not understand because we have never had any problems at all. I would HIGHLY recommend Bob's to anyone :)

• 31st Aug 2014

I didn't like this hostel. The only good thing was the location a that de room was big, but they have no kitchen and just a fridge that if you want to keep things in there you have to ask the gay, but as the reception is always full it's a problema the owner is really rude. it´s not a place I recommend for a backpacker.

the best hostel in amsterdam; just perfect

Very easy find close to the train station big supermarket

Quick, cheap and dirty.

I have been to several hostels, but I wouldn't come back to this one. It's quite pricey, the rooms are not very clean, the bathroom satisfies the bare necessities and the staff doesn't seemed to be very friendly.

• 15th Aug 2014

Smelt, didn't have a good vibe and staff were pretty rude . Location was probably the best thing.

If you like rude and desinterested staff and a cold shower in the morning, go there! It was the worst Hostel I've ever been! The matresses where so soft like a rock- so book rather a spot on a street. Never go there again...

• 13th Aug 2014

The beds were probably the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in and the shower was dirty. The staff weren't very useful, our roommates were unsociable, one of them was 41 years old which is pretty suspect for a "youth" hostel. Location was great though, next door to a really nice pub called "the Doors" and opposite a brothel (if that's your thing). We didn't spend much time there to be honest, it was too disgusting and the city was far too interesting.

• 10th Aug 2014