Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Shortage of plug sockets, few that were in the room didn't work and there was a shortage of lockers. Other than this, no complaints. WiFi worked very well, rooms/bathrooms were basic but clean. Location is fantastic.

One of the cleanest hostels on the planet. If you are looking for a place that doesn't cost one million euro close to Amsterdam, this is your place. Clean bathrooms, fresh linens, wide open kitchen... It has the works! Awesome Aussie staff working when I stayed with a friend from back home.

Bob's was in a nice location. Perfect for a traveler on a budget, but lacking some certain security necessities. For example, there is a luggage room for you to store your belongings before you are allowed to check in. It is a nice idea, but anyone has access as long as they ask for a key, and that is definitely scary. Overall it was a pleasant stay. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent hostel for cheap in a great location in Amsterdam.

The hostel was in a great location! Very easy to get to from Centraal, and very easy to get to the city center. For some reason, in my 8-person dorm, there were only 6 lockers so on my first night I couldn't lock my stuff up. Also, the dorm was on the fourth floor and there was no wifi in the room, which was not great.

Worst esperienze ever in my life

• 12th Jun 2015

Awesome location, but very dirty rooms. Very cheap though and perfect for a few nights in Amsterdam on a budget.

Dirty bathrooms with no hand soap. Not well kept

Rude staff, hidden charges, no free breakfast (despite being advertised), dirty room - there was dirt and graffiti on all the walls in my room, stained linen, un-useable shower that smelt of sewage, no safety or security, no toilet roll or sink in the toilet. This was an absolute rip off - I would recommend people look elsewhere. The only thing that is good about this hostel is the location.

• 10th Jun 2015

Only two power points for a room that houses 16, most annoying thing ever. On the last day, the wifi service broke down completely.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • India

The hostel bathrooms smelled like Mildew, the main manager just seems to be bothered by every question we had, he was very rude and very dismissive. He would come into the all girls dorm at 2:45 in the morning and look throughout the room. I thought this was one of the worst hostels I've stayed in

• 7th Jun 2015

No additional pay for lockers - they give it to you for deposit of 20 euro. Really useful. Used to have a dream to stay in a real old Amsterdam house, this hostel made it possible :)

10 euro deposit for your room key and an additional 10 for a locker. I didn't use a locker, didn't need to in the end ,the place was safe, lots of nice people there. Good location, great showers. Common room let it down for me...but there was never very many people there so a little tricky to meet people. I'll be staying there again when I go and would recommend

ut when we tried to check in, an angry, unfriendly guy at the reception told us, to wait. that wouldn't be a problem, also the fact that we waited for 20 minutes while he was ounting money wouldn't be too bad. but after that he was really unfriendly. didn't answer our quesitons, didn't give us the right key, didn't tell us exactly where the room is (it was in another house). to sum it up: he didn't care in an arrogant way!the check in took us all in all almost 2 hours and we were the only guests

• 29th May 2015
  • Liechtenstein

Great hostel for what it is, nothing special really. Phenomenal location at a great price. Less than 15 minutes walking distance from train station, and about 10-15 from the main attractions (red light district). Staff was nice and helpful, atmosphere was what you would expect from a hostel in the heart of Amsterdam-relaxed and pleasant. Would definitely stay here again if I go back to the dam!

I moved to bobs because "hotel utopia" was like something out of a horror movie. They were very nice, very clean, and very secure. Excellent location near all the fun stuff, the train station, and the Anne Frank House. Very reasonably priced. 10eu deposit for the key. They do allow older people to stay there even though they say it's a youth hostel, but that didn't bother me much. We had one older gentleman in the room but he was quiet and respectful. Would recommend to anyone!

The location of the hostel was very good, 5 minutes away from central station. Rooms were nice and spacious, with some interesting graffiti (people signing their names) on the walls. Staff were friendly and helpful and the wifi was good all over

Very average. Stayed here cause there were no other available options... Very few bathrooms and not all that tidy, long steep hike up to top floor dorms. Atmosphere not great: not much going on in the Hostel but close to everything and train station

The hostel was in a prime location and clean, but those were the only selling points. They reception desk and staff felt very uninviting. Beds and storage were metal and very loud. Too many beds in a room so they did not fit well. They are no longer serving breakfest, and only offer the bare minimum they have to. They required a €10 cash deposit on the room keys, but the reception desk was only open for a few hours so we were unable to return them before we had to leave. Will not stay here again

The place is well located and also the staff is helpful. It is also very dirty. They offer free coffee.

The beds were stained and disgusting. It was very inconvenient to not get keys and beds arranged until 3pm and having to leave our luggage in a small, insecure back room. The lighting in the facility I stayed in was constantly flickering and headache inducing.