Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My friend and I have now stayed at Bob's on 3 separate occasions in the past year and have enjoyed every single visit. The location is really close to the station and you are no more than a 10 minute walk away from the main coffee shop area, red light district, or anne franks house. Bob's seem to have a few negative reviews and I can honestly not understand because we have never had any problems at all. I would HIGHLY recommend Bob's to anyone :)

• 31st Aug 2014

I didn't like this hostel. The only good thing was the location a that de room was big, but they have no kitchen and just a fridge that if you want to keep things in there you have to ask the gay, but as the reception is always full it's a problema the owner is really rude. it´s not a place I recommend for a backpacker.

the best hostel in amsterdam; just perfect

Very easy find close to the train station big supermarket

Quick, cheap and dirty.

I have been to several hostels, but I wouldn't come back to this one. It's quite pricey, the rooms are not very clean, the bathroom satisfies the bare necessities and the staff doesn't seemed to be very friendly.

• 15th Aug 2014

Smelt, didn't have a good vibe and staff were pretty rude . Location was probably the best thing.

If you like rude and desinterested staff and a cold shower in the morning, go there! It was the worst Hostel I've ever been! The matresses where so soft like a rock- so book rather a spot on a street. Never go there again...

• 13th Aug 2014

The beds were probably the most uncomfortable beds I've ever slept in and the shower was dirty. The staff weren't very useful, our roommates were unsociable, one of them was 41 years old which is pretty suspect for a "youth" hostel. Location was great though, next door to a really nice pub called "the Doors" and opposite a brothel (if that's your thing). We didn't spend much time there to be honest, it was too disgusting and the city was far too interesting.

• 10th Aug 2014

I don't know if all the rooms are this way, but the room I stayed in was GROSS. There was mold on the ceiling, the sheets weren't clean, the shower didn't drain properly, the bathroom was never cleaned. One toilet for 16 people and only one electrical outlet for 8 people. Terrible! The only redeeming quality was the great location.

Great Location But I Was A Little Disappointed With The Facilities Available...

1 2 3 Next » last »