Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

1949 Total Reviews

Excellent location (central station and Dam square in walking distance). Managers are nice, some receptionists not so. Clean bathroom, clean toilets. If you are afraid to take stairs, that's not a place to go - but i think most hostels in ams are the same.. The two really bad things I found: 1-many lockers are broken 2- they try to organize well the hosts x beds by determining which bed you should go, but it ends up being a mess. 2 nights and they changed beds 3 times. Good for price, though

• 24th Oct 2015

Had a very nice 4 days stay with a friend. Met some good people, the staff are very friendly and always there to help. Nice one :)

• 22nd Oct 2015

The night staff, one man in peticular, was rude and unprofessional. Both nights, he barged into the room at 3 am demanding to see a few guests tickets. He made a lot of noise and turned the lights on while I, and many others were sleeping. He did this two nights in a row. I understand that he has to make aure that guests are in the right bed/room BUT, the way he went about it was completly uncalled for. It was disruptive and mean. I couldnt get back to sleep because of it.

• 20th Oct 2015

The lamps didn't work and the bathroom was an disaster. The people were screaming and I will never ever put a foot there again. Cheap sure. Worth it? NO.

• 19th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

I stayed there with 2 friends from Torino, Italy in October. We were in a 16 people room with 2 toilets. The Hostel is near the city center and the central train station. Very good position to go seeing stuff or partying without having pubs and clubs in the same bouilding! It's pretty clean and cheap (I payed 27 and something for 2 nights)..The beds are quite good, with big, warm blankets. People working are pretty friendly, as the other guests you can meet there. I'll suggest this place!

• 19th Oct 2015

There was a guy who woke us up in the night ... checking numbers of the occupied bed. He started to shout at one lady that she is on the wrong bed, but he didn't check the number properly. That was at 2 a.m. - so we all were awake because of something stupid. Very unpleasant.

Very Dirty and expensive hostel. My room was without wifi and the douche head was broken

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Egypt

The location is great and it does have a cozy seating area for people to mingle but the facilities are perpetually dirty. I was there 3 nights and was never able to take a shower because it was so gross. The drawer where I locked up my stuff was filled with multiple other people's hair and the bathroom was constantly out of toilet paper. The staff was pretty rude as well. I wouldn't recommend this hostel if you're staying in Amsterdam.

Two different workers in the reception tryed to cheat us. We accorded 65 euros per 2 person and 2 nights throw hostelworld, but when we got there they wanted us to pay another 65 euros due to the tourist taxes imposed by the city council. I kept saying no showing my hostelworld reservation fare so they quit insisting so I finally didn't pay that fake tax they wanted to tease me with.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Spain

Great stay and cheap! Comfy beds but I did ask for them to change the bin in the bathroom twice and it didn't happen, pretty gross but very happy :)

Exactly what I paid for no complaints oly bad thing half the lockers didn't work

• 6th Oct 2015

After reading many reviews, positive and negative, I decided to take a chance on Bob's ... The guy at the reception was extremely rude. The rooms were nice, however the shower and the walls in the bathrooms were not. Living space in lobby was unwelcoming and not social. I did like that the beds came with full duvets and pillows that were clean (or seemed to be) room was very hot. Probably wouldn't stay here again unless I was desperate

It's not valuable to live at here. Too many steps to go to the room, and it is not cleaning with few facilities you can use when you have a shower. More importantly, mix room is not allocated good with male and female.

We stayed in Bob's Youth Hostel for the weekend and it was quiet disappointing. Bathroom was dirty and the light didn't work, it went on and off all the time. The shower was dirty and we were just trying to not touch anything while showering. Paid 50 € per person per night, it is a very overpriced place to stay at.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Second time staying here and enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Efficient, helpful staff, clean rooms and bathrooms. The location was excellent, walking distance to everything including the train station, and there is a tram stop right outside the main building. The only negative was the atmosphere in the lobby/hangout space wasn't particularly social this time around, but you can still meet great people in the dorms so it's not a big deal. I'd recommend Bob's to any traveller.

This place is pretty average. The dorm we stayed in was obviously supposed to be a 6 bed dorm & they've just squeezed in an extra bunkbed. The bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in weeks. The location was really good, however we stayed in another building where the wifi didn't work. It was just a bit over priced for what you got.

Stayed in Bob's Hostel Despite the bad reviews of so many.My stay was pleasant. The Rooms Were clean.They Had provided us with good warm blankets, the beds were spot on clean and comfortable just bit squeaky.That;s alright. The guy at the reception was very warm,helpful and nice.The only Thing That they forgot to mention is that the other part of bob's hostel that is the building not far away from the actual one. is somewhat in the red light area if you walk you see the ladies Treat for guys

• 21st Sep 2015
  • India

Not too bad but not good either. The location is perfect , but the place lacks an atmosphere. Also cleanliness should be focussed on.

We stayed in the top of the other building and the stairs were the steepest things I've ever seen. Beds were very uncomfortable and the shower was average. One day I had to go and get someone from reception to turn it off with a wrench because it jammed on. There was also a huge leak in the hostel when it started to rain. No wifi in rooms or plugs to charge anything. But it was clean and the location was AMAZING!! About 2min walk to red light district

I gave the security and the location for full scores. Staffs were OK and useful but lack of smile. The atmosphere of the hostel and the room is less than the average of the rooms I used to stay around Europe, but I think it is common in Amsterdam since it is in the old town. The cleanliness was OK, nothing more or less. I found that the price was quite expensive, but it was still the cheapest one I could find, Amsterdam!! There is a common area, no kitchen, one toilet &one shower inside the room