Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I don't know if all the rooms are this way, but the room I stayed in was GROSS. There was mold on the ceiling, the sheets weren't clean, the shower didn't drain properly, the bathroom was never cleaned. One toilet for 16 people and only one electrical outlet for 8 people. Terrible! The only redeeming quality was the great location.

Great Location But I Was A Little Disappointed With The Facilities Available...

despite the fact that the entire hostel smelled like a toilet, the exceptional location made up for it. The common room was a great place to hang out and meet people, with the added bonus of smoking inside! If you don't mind a smelly hostel definitely stay at bob's if you want a good time :)

The space in the rooms was too reduced. For example, my bed was right next to the bathroom and the shower, what made it impossible for me to sleep properly, and the smell was... Some of the staff were nice, but the indian guy that we met the first day was very rude and not nice with us

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The bed sheet is really clean and the staff are careful. However, the conditions of the rooms are really bad - the toilet is without window and neither a sink, and the two days that I spend they were smelling badly and dirty. The shower was clogged and the water not flow, what makes the experience of take a shower disgusting. The security was poor, even the people in the bar in the side of the hostel knows the secure code of the door. The better to do is avoid this place.

This place is very rock 'n' roll, there's graffiti and art everywhere, and the lounge area is a great place to chill out and make friends from around the world!

• 25th Jul 2014

The place looks like a prison but the location makes up for it

Very good location only 5 minute stroll to the main square and main coffee shops. The room was very tired and walls where full of graffiti and there was only 1 plug socket for a 18 bed dorm.

Was quite expensive staying there but thats just because everywhere in dam is expensive. Common room was nice and u could chill there till late, also staff were very helpful with any info or helping us find stuff in the city.

Room really dirty! guy at the front desk is slow and obvs high

Incredibly rude staff, our reason for departure early was due to my travel partner's grandfather having died. When asked why we were leaving early we explained our situation and were greeted with an incredibly hostile reply. ,. We weren't even in the main part of the Hostel! We were crammed in this disgusting building above a bar. I know people ignore reviews, but I implore anyone who wants a good time in Amsterdam to avoid Bob's hostel, ruined our trip.

• 13th Jul 2014

Travelling Europe solo for the last 2 years- I've been to many hostels. I look for basic things and I'm not super picky- but I researched online and settled on bobs hostel. When I arrived there- it was hardly like what it said online. I was placed in a building 2 streets from the common room. Internet doesn't work in rooms and there is 1 toilet for 3 or 4 rooms of 6 people. There is no sink to wash your hands or a mirror anywhere. Staff were exceptionally rude and it was a horrible experience.

Bobs is perfectly placed in Amsterdam, the staff are lovely, the rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Unfortunately the common area is always too full to find a seat but I guess that's a sign of a good hostel!

Decent place, basic beds and bathrooms, Wifi not very good

We were staying in a 16 person dorm and during the night there was a rat/mouse in our room. My friend had an UNOPENNED packet of cookies in her bag which were openned and nibbled on. We told the manager in the morning and he was so rude to us

Mice ate into an unopened packet of cookies I had in my room and when I told the manager he was incredibly rude and told me it was my fault, that I should just deal with it and that 'you English think you can complain about anything' despite the fact I'm not even English. All this when I paid 45€ for one night in a 20 bed dorm. Disgusting attitude towards cleanliness and even worse towards guests.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Bobs hostel was a good hostel near to the center of Amsterdam and the De Wallen District. It was at a walking distance from a lot of museums and attractions. The things that bothered us was that the pillows and blankets smelled really bad. We slept without our pillows. Also, the lugage room key was accesible to everyone and no one from the staff was with us when we would drop our bags there. It would have been easy to steal.

This was a very uncomfortable and unwelcoming hostel. I did not enjoy my stay. The workers were unfriendly, they did not have enough lockers for everyone, the bags in the storage were piled to the top of a prison cell looking closet, they casually brushed off the fact that they SAID they had breakfast but didn't, there was no soap in the bathrooms, the credit card machine was not working so we had to pay in cash, and they did not accommodate to anyone. They did however have a bed and a shower..

1 2 3 Next » last »