Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Although the location is good, the hostel itself is really poor. The toilets are terrible to have a shower, and most of the time the water is cold. Except for one day I complained about the hot water wasn't working and then it suddenly started to work (I think they had turned off the hot water). Apart from that, the beds are quite small but comfy.

Very good location and very good value for money. Could do with more than two showers for a large dorm, however it wasn't that much of a problem. Staff were helpful and reception was a good hang out, shame there was no breakfast but Wifi was available.

Perfect, if you want to explore Amsterdam on foot, and all you need from a hostel is a quick shower and a bed to sleep in, because that is what you get. Staff is nice and friendly. But bring your own soap!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

The location was excellent, we stayed as a group of six and was great for getting to the pubs/clubs, just 5 mins from Dam Sq. The stairs were horrendous though, so steep and so many! We were on the top floor and it took a bit of concentration, especially with a few drinks in you. There is no kitchen area, so you are forced to eat out for every meal which is very expensive! Relaxed atmosphere and cheap beers in the common area, and you are allowed to smoke (no tobacco). Not sure I'd return.

Bob's just has such a unique character. It's located in an excellent location and we loved that we could smoke in the common room. The staff was incredibly friendly and the WIFI worked perfectly which was super helpful since I had to finish up a few assignments. For the amount we paid, I am more than satisfied with what we received. We met so many interesting people and everyone was so nice. It was the experience I was hoping for and have been telling everyone just how much I enjoyed it!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Brilliant location, really good value you for money if you are on a student budget!

I was afraid to go to the bathroom.

The hostel Puy US in another bulding on another street and it did not explain os to get there, in this bulding had not WiFi and I was very poorly attended.

Doesnt make a secure impression at all, smells like weed everywhere, the common rooms suck... Never again!

No WiFi available and poor hostel structure, especially the stairs.

The hostel is quite expensive for what it is. There is no breakfast included as was written on the hostelworld page but I did get an e-mail telling me this before I went. The staff was friendly but a bit sloppy. the rooms and facilities in them where clean but the bathrooms in the corridor where disgusting. Also, there was no WIFI as written on the hostelworld website which was very annoying.

The toilets and shower rooms are too small. Everytime someone takes a shower, there is water everywhere. There are no mirrors in the room, except for one small at the shower room. The stairs are horrible, too small and my room was in the third floor. But, it is in a great location. It is possible to walk to every touristic place from there.

• 1st Mar 2014

No wifi! =(

• 28th Feb 2014

Great location for a hostel. Everything is within walking distance and you are extremely close to the bar scene. Biggest downfall is no kitchen and internet. The lack of kitchen is the biggest issue as it really increases your daily expenses. The rooms are good and clean and the hostel has a great atmosphere.

Amazing majestic mate

• 23rd Feb 2014

Although the facilities aren´t so updated, everything was very clean. The location is very good, right in the middle of everything but not so laud. The only thing I really didn´t like is that it was announced Wi Fi and in the two nights I stayed, it was never available.

• 22nd Feb 2014
  • Chile

Great location, wouldn't stay there too long... no wifi

Common room/bar under construction. No breakfast or wifi even though it was included in our rate at time of booking. The staff were the most rude and unhelpful that I have ever come across and I have worked in hostels and currently work in a 5 star hotel. One of our lockers wouldn't open at check out 7am, we had to wake the receptionist up, he told us to leave him alone and that he only worked 1 day a week and didn't have to put up with our problems. THIS IS YOUR JOB!!!

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

There was no WIFI - Staff were rude.

• 7th Feb 2014

I stayed Bob' Youth Hostel 2 nights. Everything was good. At the same time the staff is very friendly. The hostel is near the central (Train Station also Dam) I walked everywhere.

• 28th Jan 2014