Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

the staff member was rude when we first got there but that was only because i feel he needed some more help on the desk. People waited for ages to check in, most people left instead of checking in. Once we checked in the place was filthy, no room cleaning had been done in weeks/months. The room was littered in graffiti. The wifi didnt work in the room. Great location tho. If you only need accommodation for one night like we did this place is fine. oh the shower was mouldy and toilet filthy.

The rooms were fairly dirty and extremely uncomfortable. Wifi is only in the lounge area downstairs, which is a bit annoying. The staff were nice, and the location is right in the heart of the downtown area, but overall I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• 23rd Sep 2014

All rules was very clearly presented, so even for guest that stays only one night (like me) it was easy to get familiar with all rules. Thanks to this people know what to expect and how to behave. There was no misunderstandig about costs, departure time etc.

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Poland

great place. people and staff are super chill!

I stayed there for three or four nights and had the best time. The hostel is perfectly located, the rooms are big, comfortable beds, 2 bathrooms per room, and the coolest atmosphere! The only "bad" things are the stairs and that there's no kitchen! But beside that, I totally recommend it!!

The worst hotel ever !!!!! It's so dirty!!!!! I saw mice in the room and there's BEDBUG!!!!!!! I defintely won't go back to this hostel anymore!!!!!

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Malaysia

After reading other travellers reviews about Bob's Youth Hostel I was really concerned. However upon arrival I was greeted by really friend staff and my room was perfectly clean and tidy. While the place isn't a 5* hotel it has everything you need for a hostel experience! Great people and a great atmosphere. I'd come back here for sure in the future :)

• 5th Sep 2014