Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

In my dorm's door it said: "the guantanamo of the hostel industry": I 100% agree

Got locked in a bathroom because of a broken handle. Two of the three vending machines were broken and had been broken long enough for all of the labels to fade. The wi fi service was spotty, there was nothing to do in the hostel itself. just a cheap place to sleep, not a hostel to meet people or hangout at.

• 17th May 2014

The bathroom at the dorm I was had no light. I stayed in a large room but there were no problem with the people at all. Staff from the other building were very helpful when we needed.

It was amazing for me, I had a great time there the staff is something else, I wish I could have stayed more, next time I go to Amsterdam I will definitely go to Bobs

There hostel lobby was dark and didn't seem like a good place to socialise. You could only smoke weed inside the lobby and you had to go outside for a cigarette. I know it's Amsterdam but other hostels allow you to smoke tobacco inside! You also weren't allowed to smoke weed if there wasn't an ash tray on the table and you weren't allowed to ask for one!! Also be aware that there are no plugs in the room so you can't charge your phone or use other eletricals! Wouldn't stay for longer then 2 days

• 3rd May 2014

Amazing location. Decent prices (expansive for an hostel, but every hostel in Amsterdam is overpriced). Good staff. Negatives: No check out before 8 am. No kitchen. No common area except the lobby.

It was a great stay! Nice staff, clean rooms, good beds, many people from all over the world, close to red light district, coffeeshop is next door and lots more:) I recommend! :)

Very squeaky beds but comfortable

• 29th Apr 2014