Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

There are a couple of plugs in the bedroom, it is very difucult to charge the phone. Only a bathroom for 16 beds

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Spain

A friend and I booked 3 nights, as it was beggining of hollidays the rooms prices were really high, we payed 120 euros each for a 20 people room, that only shares 1 shower and 1 restroom. Lockers are not available always. The hostel description says that they have a room to smoke weed and bar and its open until 3 am but the room actually is the same as the reception desk and often they take out the ashtrays and don't let you smoke. Only oustanding thing is location. Not tobad but overpriced

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Your cleanliness was terrible. We didnt even have soap to wash our hands sfter using the bathroom. Also everyone of the staff was very rude and acted as though me asking a question was an annoyance.

This was the worst experience of my life. Felt like a crack house. How they think it is ok to house people in a room that they are replacing the ancient windows in while it is freezing and raining outside is besides me. The stair case is enough of a death sentence let alone adding the fact that the lobby is so engulfed in smoke that you get high simply by standing in the room. Upon our arrival, we immediately checked out and stayed across the street at The Convent Hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• 16th Apr 2014

The worst place I have ever stayed. Staff was rude...especially the girl. The dirtiest place I have ever seen. They were doing construction on the place and knocked out the windows and left the old ones everywhere WHILE WE WE IN THE ROOM. Sheets were yellow and the bests were as hard as a park bench. The shower...wouldn´t even call it a shower. Wifi barely works and there are only like 2 outlets for a 20 bed mixed form. They charged 50 euro for the last night. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Although the location is good, the hostel itself is really poor. The toilets are terrible to have a shower, and most of the time the water is cold. Except for one day I complained about the hot water wasn't working and then it suddenly started to work (I think they had turned off the hot water). Apart from that, the beds are quite small but comfy.

Very good location and very good value for money. Could do with more than two showers for a large dorm, however it wasn't that much of a problem. Staff were helpful and reception was a good hang out, shame there was no breakfast but Wifi was available.

Perfect, if you want to explore Amsterdam on foot, and all you need from a hostel is a quick shower and a bed to sleep in, because that is what you get. Staff is nice and friendly. But bring your own soap!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

The location was excellent, we stayed as a group of six and was great for getting to the pubs/clubs, just 5 mins from Dam Sq. The stairs were horrendous though, so steep and so many! We were on the top floor and it took a bit of concentration, especially with a few drinks in you. There is no kitchen area, so you are forced to eat out for every meal which is very expensive! Relaxed atmosphere and cheap beers in the common area, and you are allowed to smoke (no tobacco). Not sure I'd return.

Bob's just has such a unique character. It's located in an excellent location and we loved that we could smoke in the common room. The staff was incredibly friendly and the WIFI worked perfectly which was super helpful since I had to finish up a few assignments. For the amount we paid, I am more than satisfied with what we received. We met so many interesting people and everyone was so nice. It was the experience I was hoping for and have been telling everyone just how much I enjoyed it!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Brilliant location, really good value you for money if you are on a student budget!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »