Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Bobs was convenient and a place to stay whilst in Amsterdam but no atmosphere , staff didn't really seem to excited about anything

It's a chill place. Not the cleanest, but it does the job.

Nothing fancy but pretty clean hostel. I would recommend to budget travellers/

It's a terrible hostel. Very desorganaised and durty!! The staffs dont care about problemans. There isnt kitchen at the hostel and the bedroom is very loundy.

Not the cleanest - my sheets were stained. Shower wasn't great, toilets neither. Overall ok, and the location made it a good base for our trip, but I would not return.

The receptionist was rude, the sink was broken in our room and the bathroom was dirty.

• 27th Apr 2015

The hostel was in a very good location, only a few minutes walk from Dam square. Room was fairly clean considering there were 14 people in it. Main problems were TWO sockets between 14 people and only one toilet/shower.

The bathroom was disgusting and the whole dorm smelled like pee. The staff wasn't very friendly. Nothing about that place was clean. Waste of 100 euros.

• 17th Apr 2015

This was an OK hostel, very much a backpackers kind of place, not for those looking for an 'up market' experience. The place was clean enoughenough and in a good location. Be warned, there are 2 parts to this hostel, so you may end up in the 2nd building behind the main hostel. The staff were a little surlysurly, but helpful enough for me. The atmosphere is ok if you like/don't mind weed smoking, as the main lobby area was devoted to this. Overall a no frills hostel in a good location.

• 16th Apr 2015

I really couldn't stand the music that was playing in the common room during my three nights there and also heard others make the same complaints. It was mainly college aged students so I feel like more mainstream or recent music should have been played. Additionally the bathroom cleanliness could have been better, however in large shared rooms I realize it can be a difficult thing to maintain.

Overall good quality. Would have been nice to have a better quality mattress though

• 15th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This is a good place to stay it's really close to central station but also very close to other areas of the city. There are two buildings so if you book separately from the people that you want to stay with make sure that you ask to be in the same building. They are right across the street from each other so it's not the end of the world if you can't. But I would defiantly recommend this hostel to people!

Exceptional service and nice room. I didn't ask for the 3am wake up call and strip tease from one of the cleaners, but what a show! Will inevitably put the 'Banana Shows' of the red light district out of business!

• 10th Apr 2015

Had a good time there, would definitely stay again. My biggest problem was that there were only 2 plugs in a room for 10 people.

for this price..it is OK! AND the staff attitude is not bad but bot really clean

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

I wasn't expecting much after reading reviews. I paid 160 euros for 3 nights. Staff had zero personality. Breakfast was advertised however there was only a cup of tea or coffee available from 8:00 until 10:30. Bed was alright. Not allowed to smoke in hostel lounge all the time, no vending machines. Very very very dear for exceptionally very little. Only perk is that it is beside train station. Spent most of my time with friends in St.Christophers hostel when not out and about. Disappointed :(

• 4th Apr 2015

Me and my friend stayed in the 16 bed female dorm and we really liked it. The staff was nice and the room was big and clean! We would stay here again!!!

This hostel was exactly what me and my friend needed for our Amsterdam stay, a city centre hostel(literally a 3 minute walk from dam square and central station) with a comfy bed, a decent shower and a really relaxed staff with great vibes. The only thing I would warn people about is the mice - this isnt because bobs is an unclean hostel as it was cleaned well - the centre of Amsterdam just has an issue with mice and we didn't know this! So be warned if squimish. Overall was a really good stay!

• 1st Apr 2015

The facilities are old and didn't work sometime

Good price for the city, but better if you don't expect much. The guy telling me that the entrance is open till 3am, but after i need to wake him up doesn't sounds nice for a party city.