Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

for this price..it is OK! AND the staff attitude is not bad but bot really clean

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

I wasn't expecting much after reading reviews. I paid 160 euros for 3 nights. Staff had zero personality. Breakfast was advertised however there was only a cup of tea or coffee available from 8:00 until 10:30. Bed was alright. Not allowed to smoke in hostel lounge all the time, no vending machines. Very very very dear for exceptionally very little. Only perk is that it is beside train station. Spent most of my time with friends in St.Christophers hostel when not out and about. Disappointed :(

• 4th Apr 2015

Me and my friend stayed in the 16 bed female dorm and we really liked it. The staff was nice and the room was big and clean! We would stay here again!!!

This hostel was exactly what me and my friend needed for our Amsterdam stay, a city centre hostel(literally a 3 minute walk from dam square and central station) with a comfy bed, a decent shower and a really relaxed staff with great vibes. The only thing I would warn people about is the mice - this isnt because bobs is an unclean hostel as it was cleaned well - the centre of Amsterdam just has an issue with mice and we didn't know this! So be warned if squimish. Overall was a really good stay!

• 1st Apr 2015

The facilities are old and didn't work sometime

Good price for the city, but better if you don't expect much. The guy telling me that the entrance is open till 3am, but after i need to wake him up doesn't sounds nice for a party city.

Price to performance is quite poor. Advantages of hostels are: an excellent location,free maps in reception and big locker (you jut have to leave a few euros in deposit to use it) Disadvantages: creaky beds, cold and damp ( I have been in mid-March),unpractical bathroom and no possibilty to cook sth or just boil tea (free coffee and tea is only till 10:30)

Great location!! A bit too expensive for the accomodation itself, but amsterdam is always expensive. We had to complaints! Loved the piano :)

Shout out to Felix - the only staff member who was friendly and helpful to us! Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, dorms were basic but suitable. Paid over 70 euro for two nights though, which I don't really think the place was worth. Good location, only a few minutes walk to Dam Square. Not allowed to smoke in the rooms which is understandable but then getting shouted at by an angry man for going outside to smoke was a bit much!

The atmosphere was sketchy from the minute you walk into the front lounge area. You think youth hostel would have young people but there were always old men sitting in there. I stayed in an all girls dorm and the male workers would walk into the room during the day and night without knocking or anything and look at the people in the beds. That was creepy and made me uncomfortable. Also had an early flight and couldn't check out during the time I needed to so I lost my key deposit.

There were rats and mice in the common areas. No kitchen. Very dirty

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Argentina

Bob's is awesome, its cheap with a great location and a lot of fun times. Only the weak would tell you to go to another hostel (although there are better ones)

• 7th Feb 2015

terrible experience. the wifi didnt work the whole time i was there. the staff was really rude. i stayed in a bedroom that was not in the same building as the reception so it was not very safe. it was in the street behind, so not very good to talk to the staff at night. wouldnt recommend the hostel to anyone.

• 6th Feb 2015

Great stay, except there was a mixup with the beds in my dorm and there was more people than beds, thankfully we all had a bed to sleep on, but two people had to share.

Lack of electrical plug sockets in the room

• 2nd Feb 2015

It was a good place.. The only problem i had was .. Had to climb 4 floors on stairs.....

1 2 3 4 Next » last »