Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The worst place I have ever stayed. Staff was rude...especially the girl. The dirtiest place I have ever seen. They were doing construction on the place and knocked out the windows and left the old ones everywhere WHILE WE WE IN THE ROOM. Sheets were yellow and the bests were as hard as a park bench. The shower...wouldn´t even call it a shower. Wifi barely works and there are only like 2 outlets for a 20 bed mixed form. They charged 50 euro for the last night. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Although the location is good, the hostel itself is really poor. The toilets are terrible to have a shower, and most of the time the water is cold. Except for one day I complained about the hot water wasn't working and then it suddenly started to work (I think they had turned off the hot water). Apart from that, the beds are quite small but comfy.

Very good location and very good value for money. Could do with more than two showers for a large dorm, however it wasn't that much of a problem. Staff were helpful and reception was a good hang out, shame there was no breakfast but Wifi was available.

Perfect, if you want to explore Amsterdam on foot, and all you need from a hostel is a quick shower and a bed to sleep in, because that is what you get. Staff is nice and friendly. But bring your own soap!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

The location was excellent, we stayed as a group of six and was great for getting to the pubs/clubs, just 5 mins from Dam Sq. The stairs were horrendous though, so steep and so many! We were on the top floor and it took a bit of concentration, especially with a few drinks in you. There is no kitchen area, so you are forced to eat out for every meal which is very expensive! Relaxed atmosphere and cheap beers in the common area, and you are allowed to smoke (no tobacco). Not sure I'd return.

Bob's just has such a unique character. It's located in an excellent location and we loved that we could smoke in the common room. The staff was incredibly friendly and the WIFI worked perfectly which was super helpful since I had to finish up a few assignments. For the amount we paid, I am more than satisfied with what we received. We met so many interesting people and everyone was so nice. It was the experience I was hoping for and have been telling everyone just how much I enjoyed it!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Brilliant location, really good value you for money if you are on a student budget!

I was afraid to go to the bathroom.

The hostel Puy US in another bulding on another street and it did not explain os to get there, in this bulding had not WiFi and I was very poorly attended.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »