Bob's Youth Hostel Reviews

Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 92, 1012SG, Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the cleanest hostels on the planet. If you are looking for a place that doesn't cost one million euro close to Amsterdam, this is your place. Clean bathrooms, fresh linens, wide open kitchen... It has the works! Awesome Aussie staff working when I stayed with a friend from back home.

Bob's was in a nice location. Perfect for a traveler on a budget, but lacking some certain security necessities. For example, there is a luggage room for you to store your belongings before you are allowed to check in. It is a nice idea, but anyone has access as long as they ask for a key, and that is definitely scary. Overall it was a pleasant stay. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent hostel for cheap in a great location in Amsterdam.

The hostel was in a great location! Very easy to get to from Centraal, and very easy to get to the city center. For some reason, in my 8-person dorm, there were only 6 lockers so on my first night I couldn't lock my stuff up. Also, the dorm was on the fourth floor and there was no wifi in the room, which was not great.

Worst esperienze ever in my life

• 12th Jun 2015

Awesome location, but very dirty rooms. Very cheap though and perfect for a few nights in Amsterdam on a budget.

Dirty bathrooms with no hand soap. Not well kept

Rude staff, hidden charges, no free breakfast (despite being advertised), dirty room - there was dirt and graffiti on all the walls in my room, stained linen, un-useable shower that smelt of sewage, no safety or security, no toilet roll or sink in the toilet. This was an absolute rip off - I would recommend people look elsewhere. The only thing that is good about this hostel is the location.

• 10th Jun 2015

Only two power points for a room that houses 16, most annoying thing ever. On the last day, the wifi service broke down completely.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • India

The hostel bathrooms smelled like Mildew, the main manager just seems to be bothered by every question we had, he was very rude and very dismissive. He would come into the all girls dorm at 2:45 in the morning and look throughout the room. I thought this was one of the worst hostels I've stayed in

• 7th Jun 2015

No additional pay for lockers - they give it to you for deposit of 20 euro. Really useful. Used to have a dream to stay in a real old Amsterdam house, this hostel made it possible :)

10 euro deposit for your room key and an additional 10 for a locker. I didn't use a locker, didn't need to in the end ,the place was safe, lots of nice people there. Good location, great showers. Common room let it down for me...but there was never very many people there so a little tricky to meet people. I'll be staying there again when I go and would recommend

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »