Bobs Bunkhouse Reviews

40 St. Anne Rd, Edenvale, Johannesburg, South Africa

Bob and Joan make you feel very welcome and comfortable. Their property is close to the airport and I will definitely be back soon.

• 8th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

This is located close to the airport with nearby shops 10 minutes away. Very clean bathrooms and dorms. A large bar area and chill area. The owners help organising shuttles and finding activities in Johannesburg and tours throughout Africa.

• 29th May 2014

It was clean, the host friendly and very close to the airport. I had a 16 hour layover and didn't feel like spending the night in the airport or spending lots of money on a hotel room and it was great for what I was looking for.

Bob and Joan are a lovely, friendly couple that will go out of their way to help you. The hostel is attached to their house so is very secure but it only consists of 10 beds, an outside bar and a small lounge/kitchenette. As with most hostels in Joburg, it's well out of the centre so it costs a lot to get anywhere but there are some fast food places nearby (and a cracking Chinese!). A nice place for a short stay.

My friend and I were only there for one night but it was great! The family were very helpful and kind. And super close to the airport which we needed as we were flying to Mumbai the next morning! Thanks!

It is an awesome accommodation and a really nice start for a trip to South Africa. Bob and Joan are so friendly and help you with everything you need. The accommodation is quite far away from the center, but they have their favourite cab driver, bringing you everywhere for a cheap price. It is also super close to the airport. I definetly recommend to stay there and I will come back before I fly out of Joburg again.

Thanks Bob and Joan for an excellent short stay at your place. I will recommend to friends when they come to Jo'burg. Marlon

I want to thank Bob once again to help me in difficult matters Daniel from munich

• 16th Feb 2014

Great place to stop and meet other travellers!

View all Johannesburg Hostels