Bobs Bunkhouse Reviews

40 St. Anne Rd, Edenvale, Johannesburg, South Africa

Very warm welcome, the owner would do anything to make you feel at home and she's really helpfull and friendly. We had a short but really nice stay there :) good acces to the airport.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • jennifer-picaud5180

Great hostel, amazing atmosphere. The owners were great, always willing to help. There's a lso a nice pool area.

Close to the airport. Friendly owner.

Seriously, Jo Burg is a rough city as you can see high fences and barb wire everywhere. Maura makes you feel safe and is super informative with tours and rides (I highly recommend Jarbu). A lot of people are scared to come anywhere near the African Continent because of the Ebola scare. I get it, but rest assured it's safe in that aspect. Don't pay anymore than R150 from OR Tambo here. It's 10 min away. Taxi drivers hustle so just call Maura and she will help you. The wifi is strong and the bunk

Awesome WiFi, Maura is great, really close to the airport and nice to have a simple breakfast. I arrived at dark and it looked closed which made me nervousso I had to call to be let in... Also all the bunks are together so not much privacy.

• 5th Sep 2015

All in all a good hostel, I can recommend it if you need one near the airport.

View all Johannesburg Hostels