Bobs Bunkhouse Reviews

40 St. Anne Rd, Edenvale, Johannesburg, South Africa

It is an awesome accommodation and a really nice start for a trip to South Africa. Bob and Joan are so friendly and help you with everything you need. The accommodation is quite far away from the center, but they have their favourite cab driver, bringing you everywhere for a cheap price. It is also super close to the airport. I definetly recommend to stay there and I will come back before I fly out of Joburg again.

Thanks Bob and Joan for an excellent short stay at your place. I will recommend to friends when they come to Jo'burg. Marlon

I want to thank Bob once again to help me in difficult matters Daniel from munich

• 16th Feb 2014

Great place to stop and meet other travellers!

• 2nd Feb 2014

Bob is a great place to be at. They're super helpful in organizing whatever you need. Bob is also great to drink beer with. They have the 2nd cheapest place for beer in ZA, next to Soweto (accdg to Bob). Swimming pool, bar, & wifi internet is free and fast. No locker but they can keep valuable for you in their house. The location is a bit far takes 200zar one-way to go downtown. But if u pool together with other travelers, it is ok. Overall thumbs up!

The house is very safe and the owners live there. It is very convenient with the airport being very close. However if you are there to visit Joburg, it is quite far away from there and there are no public transport.

When you stay at Bob's Bunkhouse you are literally staying at Bob's, Bob will help you out with anything you want to do or anything you need. Him and his wife really take care of their guests. There is no fluff or frills at Bob's, but I was very happy with my stay because I got everything I wanted out of a hostel and for a great price.

Nice place. Owners very friendly with good advice. Close to airport. Only downside is other residents have to walk thru the 4 room dorm to use the washroom. Otherwise great

A big thanks to Bob and Joan. This place is safe, comfortable and I was made very welcome! Would defiantly go there again.

I love staying at Bob's Bunkhouse and do each time I'm traveling through Johannesburg.

View all Johannesburg Hostels